Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrmanatee
Jun 22, 2006

Positive outlook

COCKISPOISON posted:

Goddamn, you love AT. I still don't get it, but maybe I'm just spoiled.

What's this I hear about CLIT Fest not being total bullshit this year? I heard a little rumor that one of my favorite Chicago ladies is organizing it and workin' some magic?

GOON MEET AT CHAOS IN TEJAS!

Edited to say: I don't know if it's going on this year, but the Reno Brodeo is not to be missed!

gently caress yeah, I'm down. I'll be home for Chaos in Tejas this year! Now I just have to make myself go to all three days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

Its craig from a billion bands (lately conquest for death), I know what it is. When conquest for death toured they had the 7" but were charging 5+$ for it to raise money for their africa/asia tour. I can guarantee it will not go up in value, I just thought you didn't want it sorry :)

CFD is not Craig's most recent band by any means...

Also, Robert Collins is following in his footsteps and recently won Milwaukee's air guitar champs...

E: gently caress you, extraneous apostrophe.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

COCKISPOISON fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 23, 2008

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Wooley posted:

so apparently X is doing a 31st anniversary reunion tour and it's coming absolutely nowhere near me :(

Um, X (and their individual solo projects) play/tour pretty often. Are they doing something special because of the anniversary, or is it just another tour?

----------------

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
So yeah, A Wilhelm Scream tomorrow night. Pretty excited. I've got two tickets and still havent found someone to go with and a way home yet.

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007
so I just picked up:

Gray Matter- Food for Thought LP
Skate Korpse LP
Carpenter Ant- I Still Have the Drive LP (I've had the CD forever, time to get the LP)
Homostupids- The Intern LP
Rites of Spring- All Through a Life 7"
Street Smart Cyclists- Demo 7"

I feel were all solid choices. I'm in love with Skate Korpse right now, as well as Homostupids.

Coneslammer
Mar 21, 2005

by Ozma

RagingPawn posted:

So yeah, A Wilhelm Scream tomorrow night. Pretty excited. I've got two tickets and still havent found someone to go with and a way home yet.

If you talk to Nuno tell him I gave him my last ciggie on Oxford St in Sydney and as such, they need to come back to Australia.

And also because I want to see The Horse live....

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Got my Lemuria preorder today. The record is awesome, but the sleeve has a huge loving seam split. Oh well.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Agent Bob posted:

I feel were all solid choices. I'm in love with Skate Korpse right now, as well as Homostupids.
Art of the Underground or Feral Kid (that where you got the LP?) might have copies of Skate Korpse 7"s, AOTU put out one of their singles but its out of print. Amazing band, they would play nearly every show we booked. If you like them check out 17th Class. Homostupids are, well, nothing short of perfection. Steve's "solo" project "Factorymen" is available from My Mind's Eye mailorder and there are a few more Homostupids records coming out soon.

86 Mentality's last show is March 22, Repos last two shows are March 28/29. Mandatory attendance for non-posers.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

rivals posted:

Got my Lemuria preorder today. The record is awesome, but the sleeve has a huge loving seam split. Oh well.

got it a few days ago and while my seam split isn't huge, there is one.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

It just irritates me that there are distros who still don't take the vinyl out of the sleeve when shipping it, especially when the record isn't shrink wrapped already.

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

Art of the Underground or Feral Kid (that where you got the LP?) might have copies of Skate Korpse 7"s, AOTU put out one of their singles but its out of print. Amazing band, they would play nearly every show we booked. If you like them check out 17th Class. Homostupids are, well, nothing short of perfection. Steve's "solo" project "Factorymen" is available from My Mind's Eye mailorder and there are a few more Homostupids records coming out soon.

86 Mentality's last show is March 22, Repos last two shows are March 28/29. Mandatory attendance for non-posers.

Awesome.

There IS a problem with my Skate Korpse LP. The labels on the LP are reveresed (the B-side sticker for "Unreleased Tracks" is on the A-side, and vice versa).

My friends are in a band that had a split with Panaceja that was released of Feral Kid records (The band was Ghaddar).I'm def going to get the two Homostupids 7" that I don't have, and I'll see if I can find a Skate Korpse 7".

Do you know where to get a Skate Korpse t-shirt? I saw a kid wearing one once.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
I actually never saw them selling shirts while they played in Rochester, it might have been a later thing.

You're complaining about the cover or sleeve's seam being split? I don't know who alex uses for printing but you can email him about it I guess, kind of a nitpicky thing to complain about on a diy distro's release. I'm not saying "punk is punk" but it doesn't affect the play of the record. He's not a big label although he works incredibly professionally in that regard.

I just checked my copy of the skate korpse LP and its got backward labels too, hilarious. The guys who do that screened it all themselves and my back cover is kinda spotty, comes with the territory.

The worst labels for that stuff are Underestimated and Punks Before Profits. Former is ex-Get It Away frontman who prints all his own stuff and does printing for everyone else, however occasionally he "hires" rejects to glue up all the seams and stuff covers (paid in records or warhammer miniatures). Then again he's also done bad print jobs like having to resticker the State lp or the gold/black Coke Bust 7". Ryan does PBP and used to ship records in paper, I've gotten some completely unusable stuff from him. I love him and his ethics but I am not gonna pay for a dead record.

edit, for the hell of it check out the band Still x Ill, guy from Art of the Underground's band

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 24, 2008

FrozenDiarrhea
Mar 30, 2005

Can I Say
I just bought the Menzingers album and it's really good. Can anyone suggest any other bands along those lines?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rivals posted:

It just irritates me that there are distros who still don't take the vinyl out of the sleeve when shipping it, especially when the record isn't shrink wrapped already.

I've never received a record that was shipped outside of the sleeve, that seems rather counter-intuitive.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

A lot of places take the record/dust sleeve out of the cover but still both inside the poly bag so as to avoid ring wear and seam splits. I think I worded it somewhat poorly before, but this is how I send any records I sell/trade and how most people I buy from send.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

rivals posted:

A lot of places take the record/dust sleeve out of the cover but still both inside the poly bag so as to avoid ring wear and seam splits. I think I worded it somewhat poorly before, but this is how I send any records I sell/trade and how most people I buy from send.

One of my Attack in Black LPs has a pretty big seam split too, and the first time I tried taking out the record I almost accidentally ripped it open because I thought it was the sleeve slit. You just have to be careful, usually some type of tape fixes it.

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
Visiting my parents, so I checked out the record shop I used to shop at when I was a kid. Some dude had apparently just sold them a bunch of his collection a few days before, so I scored:

Functional Blackouts - ST LP (My copy didn't have the poster insert, so I bought this one.
Career Suicide / Jed Whitey Split LP
Vicious Circle / Perdition Split LP (Aussie Punk from 1985, haven't played it yet...)
Agent 86 - Apartheid American Style (Their '88 Discography LP, first two EP's plus five songs)
Life's Halt / WHN? Split LP (My ex stole my copy... grrrrrr.)
FU's - My America LP
XAOTIKO TELOS - Mprosta Sthn Paranoia LP Greek, heavy/doomy punk. Two copies, both perfect! Check out their fanpage here: http://www.myspace.com/chaoticendgr
Conflict - Conclusion Probably going on eBay, not much a fan.
Anti-Nowhere League - Live In Yugoslavia '83 LP
The Germs - Germicide LP Sealed, live recording of their first concert ever.
Social Unrest - Now And Forever LP 1988, mint with insert.
Dangerhouse Vol 1 LP Comp put out by the folks who did the record label, early LA punk like The Bags, The Eyes, Black Randy & The Metrosquad, etc.
The Drones - The Attic Tapes 1975-82 LP Early and lost recordings.
Various Artists - 415 Music LP Early SF Bay Area punk comp, a bunch of bands that were regulars at Mabuhay Gardens.
X - Ain't Love Grand LP
Blondie - Plastic Letters LP I only had the remaster, this was original.
Tribes of Neurot / Earth Split 7"
Josie Cotton - He Could Be The One Picturedisc 7"

Plus a couple of new wave and oldies records, but they aren't really relevant to the thread.

I'm going to go listen to them now, wheee!

----------------

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
Why won't No Trigger tour loving Australia! Goddamn, I thought for sure they'd be here by now.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Not specifically punk, but is anyone hitting up Maryland Death Fest this year? I'm mostly going for Hellnation and Nuclear Assault, but a lot of other awesome bands are playing.

https://www.supremebrutality.com

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Not specifically punk, but is anyone hitting up Maryland Death Fest this year? I'm mostly going for Hellnation and Nuclear Assault, but a lot of other awesome bands are playing.

Oh jesus loving christ, now I really want to go. My pocketbook and liver are going to be hurting this year... Anyone want to fly to Maryland from the fest in Austin with me?

----------------

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

COCKISPOISON posted:

Oh jesus loving christ, now I really want to go. My pocketbook and liver are going to be hurting this year... Anyone want to fly to Maryland from the fest in Austin with me?

I'm still upset that I missed it last year. loving Birdflesh played

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Hellnation is still around? I thought they stopped playing awhile back. I think a few members are in Brody's Militia now.

Also Disfear :cool:

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Grigori Rasputin posted:

Hellnation is still around? I thought they stopped playing awhile back. I think a few members are in Brody's Militia now.

Also Disfear :cool:

Hellnation is definitely still around. They're doing a split LP with Capitalist Casualties this year (my dream record, *swoon*). Their old bass player Doug started Brody's Militia after he got married and quit Hellnation, but he's actually playing bass for them again now. My friend is setting up a show around the time of MDF, sort of a DIY alternative, and hopefully Hellnation will be playing that along with Phobia, Magrudergrind, XBRAINIAX, and more.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Genghis Tron put up a couple of new tracks on their myspace, I'm really stoked for the new album although it has less grind elements, it has a more doom-y feel to it.

http://www.myspace.com/genghistron

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO
Anyone got good punk/hardcore/metal web radio recommendations? I haven't been able to find anything good that isn't like 50% bad 90's punk. Especially interested in new/underground poo poo as to keep abreast.

i'm stuck listening to everything but the girl and some synth-pop song about doing cocaine on woxy plz send help

Grigori Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 25, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Got a huge shipment from Kyle at Rivalry today that pretty much completes my Allegiance collection [just missing tests and some of the IA split variations], and Funeral Diner - The Wicked EP on clear [acup hates me]. So excited about all of that. Also end of Feb Allegiance's last show should be killer, such a good lineup.

ALLEGIANCE (Last show ever!)
VERSE
THE FIRST STEP
INTERNAL AFFAIRS
TRASH TALK
RED HANDED

CEREMONY
BETRAYED
KILLING THE DREAM
SOUL CONTROL
ANOTHER BREATH
GET THE MOST

rivals fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 25, 2008

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars
So a friend recently left me a couple of boxes full of CDs and among them I found a nice little gem from a band called Hiretsukan. I'm sure someone in this thread has heard of them. I'm probably just out of the loop. I'm more into Plan-it-X type stuff. I also found a Catharsis CD. That made me really happy, as well as some other odds and ends.

Also I hear Billy Bragg has new material coming out in March.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Hiretsukan are great. They need to release a new album already.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I'm looking for the name of a band, maybe one of you guys can help me.

They are a screamo band, and they are pretty awful, which is why I want to find this video. Their newest (if not only) video has them all playing in a completely white room, that's it. They have a white lead vocalist and a black scream vocalist. That's about all I can describe them with, hoping the "black screaming vocalist" will help.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

acup posted:

Hiretsukan are great. They need to release a new album already.

Hiretsukan really is an amazing band. I remember when I found out that the vocals were done by a chick. Very :aaa: moment.

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars

Inspector_71 posted:

Hiretsukan really is an amazing band. I remember when I found out that the vocals were done by a chick. Very :aaa: moment.

I just found that out last night. I had the same reaction.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

d0grent posted:

They are a screamo band, and they are pretty awful, which is why I want to find this video. Their newest (if not only) video has them all playing in a completely white room, that's it. They have a white lead vocalist and a black scream vocalist. That's about all I can describe them with, hoping the "black screaming vocalist" will help.

Thursday?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Thursday don't have 2 vocalists, or a black guy. That was my first thought up until the 2 vocalists tidbit though.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

d0grent posted:

Showbread, one of their old videos was them in a while room.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

COCKISPOISON posted:

I'm pretty sure (depending on my work situation) I will be there (Flying from Houston). I went in 2004 and it was incredible, and since my friends; band (Copremesis..Shameless plug I know) are playing, I should really go to support them.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Inspector_71 posted:

Thursday don't have 2 vocalists, or a black guy. That was my first thought up until the 2 vocalists tidbit though.

I could have sworn they had a black guy who did some of the backing vocals. I'm not saying that's who he's looking for though.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Has anyone heard the new Life at these Speeds split with Thank God? I just ordered it because I didn't realize they still had some music coming out after they broke up. I hope it's top notch. It's on Tick Tock Records.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rivals posted:

I could have sworn they had a black guy who did some of the backing vocals.

None that I know of. Their guitarist does some of the backup screaming, but nobody in the band is black.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

WashinMyGoat posted:

Has anyone heard the new Life at these Speeds split with Thank God? I just ordered it because I didn't realize they still had some music coming out after they broke up. I hope it's top notch. It's on Tick Tock Records.

Yes, I got it last week, it's awesome.

And... Thursday don't have a black backup screamer guy? Hmm, I always thought they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Well either way... Showbread sucks.