Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
:d:hf::w00t:

97A - Society's Running on Empty
97A - Abandoned Future
From Ashes Rise - Silence
From Ashes Rise - st
hosed Up - Looking For Gold (have seconds now)
No Parade - Ceaseless Fire
Tear It Up / ETA - split
VA - Death to Hardcore Death to Reagan
VA - Town of Hardcore (prob. the best 7" I now own)
World Burns to Death - Acid in the Face of Human Rights
They Live - A Taste of the Good Life
His Hero Is Gone - Fools Gold (to go with my His Iro Is Gone 7"!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grigori Rasputin posted:

i'm stuck listening to everything but the girl and some synth-pop song about doing cocaine on woxy plz send help

Uh, just want to say that Everything But The Girl rules :mad:

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Capitan Dad posted:

Well either way... Showbread sucks.

I haven't really listened to any of their CDs, but I fuckin' love the track "Oh! Emothopia!" (or something like that).

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

d0grent posted:

I'm looking for the name of a band, maybe one of you guys can help me.

They are a screamo band, and they are pretty awful, which is why I want to find this video. Their newest (if not only) video has them all playing in a completely white room, that's it. They have a white lead vocalist and a black scream vocalist. That's about all I can describe them with, hoping the "black screaming vocalist" will help.

Oh, and the screamo band Vanna also has a black dude in the band - don't know if he's the vocalist, but maybe?

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Capitan Dad posted:

Well either way... Showbread sucks.

Yes, they do. I just checked one of their music videos on youtube to figure out why they we being talked about in here. I really wish I hadn't. Is this what passes for "hardcore" these days? The only way I could see this being hardcore is if you consider watered down Every Time I Die hardcore. Really watered down...

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
Just wanna throw in my recommendations for the week... everyone needs to get a hold of:
The Ergs
Witches With Dicks
The Carbonas
All these guys rock absolute balls.

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

Quad posted:

Just wanna throw in my recommendations for the week... everyone needs to get a hold of:
The Ergs

I think you mean the Ergs!, and they are spectacular. Saw them three times last year.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Grigori Rasputin posted:

Anyone got good punk/hardcore/metal web radio recommendations? I haven't been able to find anything good that isn't like 50% bad 90's punk. Especially interested in new/underground poo poo as to keep abreast.

i'm stuck listening to everything but the girl and some synth-pop song about doing cocaine on woxy plz send help

Dissonance is a good podcast. Not a live 24/7 stream, but it's a good listen.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO

MattWPBS posted:

Dissonance is a good podcast. Not a live 24/7 stream, but it's a good listen.

Ahhhh, that looks like it's up my alley. It looks like it's all over enough to do it for me.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Kevar posted:

Yes, they do. I just checked one of their music videos on youtube to figure out why they we being talked about in here. I really wish I hadn't. Is this what passes for "hardcore" these days? The only way I could see this being hardcore is if you consider watered down Every Time I Die hardcore. Really watered down...

I just mentioned them because I used to listen to them a couple of years ago in high school when I didn't know any better :shobon: Thankfully, NMD taught me taste.

Anyway, haven't seen this posted and I'm super loving stoked for it:

Punknews.org posted:

Transistor Transistor has finished their latest full-length, Ruined Lives. The album, which was three years in the making since 2005's Erase All Name And Likeness, was recorded by Kurt Ballou and mastered by Alan Douches.

You can click Read More to check out Ruined Lives' track listing.

Level Plane will release Ruined Lives in May.

01. Morning Sickness
02. Price of Gas
03. Brass Bones
04. Diet of Worms
05. Pillar of Salt
06. The Ghost Hand
07. Harvest
08. Letter of Resignation
09. Celluloid Rats
10. Irreversable
11. Teratogen

May can't come quick enough :(

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Grigori Rasputin posted:

Ahhhh, that looks like it's up my alley. It looks like it's all over enough to do it for me.

There's a huge archive to work through as well.

But seriously, how can you not like a podcast that has Discharge, Vile, The Ergs! and The Descendents in one programme?

quote:

Playlist:
Minor Threat - Minor Threat (demo) |
Socialcide - Socialcide |
Nightstick Justice - Sick and Tired |
Cold World - Can It Be So Simple |
Battalion of Saints - Second Coming |
F-Minus - Victim in Pain (Agnostic Front) |
Barfight - Barfight |
Discharge - Dooms' Day |
Gut Instinct - Vicious Circle |
Deep Sleep - I'm on Top |
Mega City Four - Android Dreams |
Government Warning - Arrested |
The Beat - Rock n Roll Girl |
Violent Minds - Eyes of Death |
Double Negative - Retro Abortion |
Citizens Arrest - Touch n Go |
Vile - 5 to 10 |
Blitz - 45 Revolution |
McRad - Prevent This Tragedy |
Screaming Lord Salba - Wheels of Fire |
Trapped Under Ice - Soul Vice |
The Ergs - Sneak Attack |
The Ergs - Society Hill |
Wasted Time - Leech / No Shore |
All - She's My Ex |
Mensen - Kicked Out / Kicked In (Dead Moon) |
Hellacopters - Bullet (Misfits) |
Lemmy w/ Rollins Band - Thirsty & Miserable (Black Flag) |
Damnation A.D. - Fed Up (Judge) |
Descendents - I'm the One (demo w/ Chad Price) |
Webster - 1000 Letters |
Three - Swann Street |
Law and Order - Punks Like Us Get Nothing |
The Thumbs - Bruno Batta |
The Confusers - Knock Knock |

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Argh don't say Vile, I missed ordering the Parts Unknown repress of their LP :mad:

I'm in London the 23-29th of March visiting my sister, which means I miss both of the Repos' last shows and miss driving to see 86 Mentality's last show. However that also means killer vegan grub at Pogo and days of record shopping.

One Foot in the Grave/Poison Planet/For Granted/Humanoids played yesterday, Poison Planet was excellent.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO

MattWPBS posted:

There's a huge archive to work through as well.

But seriously, how can you not like a podcast that has Discharge, Vile, The Ergs! and The Descendents in one programme?

Yeah, it looks sweet - I was looking for more/new hardcore/d-beat/crust sort of stuff but this will have to do. If anyone has any additional recommendations I'll take 'em. One of my best friends used to live in DC and never told me about this, I wonder if he knows about the very gem that was beneath his toes the whole time.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Not an Anthem posted:

Argh don't say Vile, I missed ordering the Parts Unknown repress of their LP :mad:

I'm in London the 23-29th of March visiting my sister, which means I miss both of the Repos' last shows and miss driving to see 86 Mentality's last show. However that also means killer vegan grub at Pogo and days of record shopping.

One Foot in the Grave/Poison Planet/For Granted/Humanoids played yesterday, Poison Planet was excellent.

Remind me closer to the time if you want to know what else is on, but if you feel like catching the train down to Southampton on the 23rd (hour and a half, two hours each way), you can see Seein' Red play one of two dates in the UK.

PS: Get into trouble? NOT ME.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
ITT: All the cool kids change their usernames.

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access
Nah man, all the cool kids have Pink Floyd avatars. :colbert:

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
How the hell did you all end up with new usernames?

I'm confused now.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
PIGS ARE HAREM!

acup
Sep 11, 2001

I went to Armageddon records in Providence today (Buy records from them, they rule), and scored a Funeral Diner / Dead City test press for 10 bux.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

MattWPBS posted:

How the hell did you all end up with new usernames?

I'm confused now.

I paid for mine. Arson Equity probably did the same I'd imagine.

acup posted:

I went to Armageddon records in Providence today (Buy records from them, they rule), and scored a Funeral Diner / Dead City test press for 10 bux.

FU

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

rivals posted:

I paid for mine. Arson Equity probably did the same I'd imagine.

You know, I never noticed you could do that before.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Thanks, I think 23-25 I'm busy altho I'd kill to see them again, they played here the same weekend if I remember right as Pinkeye's only US show a couple years back.

RAPE LITTLE GIRLS? Yeah that was probably me, district attorney.

Super PC kid I know complained about Rabies' stage antics and predicted Vile would become big again, little did I know he only said it because PU repressed the LP and I'm sure he has a copy the lucky bastard.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Got my Daitro/Sed Non Satiata split today along with a ton of other poo poo. Stoked to listen to it when I get back from class.

EDIT: It rules, as to be expected. Also picked up a bunch of Daniel Striped Tiger stuff, that band is ridiculously underrated.

MattWPBS posted:

You know, I never noticed you could do that before.

Yeah, it's like $8 so a bit expensive, but I don't really use my old username anywhere anymore. That and the fact that I've dropped around $40 on my account already, I figured I should just change the username rather than make a new account or something.

rivals fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 29, 2008

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
I DIDN'T DO IT I DIDN'T DO IT IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SAY

So, does everyone just couch surf Chaos In Tejas or is there a hotel we descend upon?
I'm currently trying to talk a few of the other old heads I know in to making the trip with me.

ps We're from the suburbs, not from the city. we don't hate you, just want to kill you

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

EvilRobot posted:

So, does everyone just couch surf Chaos In Tejas or is there a hotel we descend upon?
I'm currently trying to talk a few of the other old heads I know in to making the trip with me.

HOTELS AREN'T PUNK.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Dunno what the caravan from chicago's gonna be like, some of the older married types get hotels, some sleep in vans etc. Usually locals reserve floorspace for bands unless you can get a foot in early. We slept on the roof of Whole Foods main headquarters the last day we were there, not too shabby if you have warm clothes. Either way I'll see you jerks down by the poo filled river to play slap-a-turtle.

Turns out I can make the last Repos show, its going to be monumental (madison, wisconsin march 29th!). Face Value reunion with Upstab and a bunch of others announced too, July 5th in Cleveland.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Extinction of Mankind's last gig ever: 1in12 Club, Bradford UK

Deviated Instinct, Extinction of Mankind, Warprayer 7:30pm, Saturday 2nd Feb

Holy poo poo, if you're in the UK jump on this, I love EOM :(

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

rivals posted:

EDIT: It rules, as to be expected. Also picked up a bunch of Daniel Striped Tiger stuff, that band is ridiculously underrated.

Not by me! Capital Cities was my favorite album of 07 and I'm really stoked for the Sinaloa split 7".

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I finally managed to listen to my Young Widows/Coliseum split on my friend's record player and I'm really digging Coliseum (didn't want to spoil my listening experience by checking their myspace :shobon: ). Can anyone recommend me similar-sounding bands?

Also I'm in the market for a decent record player (not paying more than $200 though), can anyone recommend me models/places that sell some?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

hosed Up is touring with Hard Skin in May

FRIDAY MAY 9th
NEW YORK CITY
THE KNITTING FACTORY
hosed UP
HARD SKIN
INVASION

SATURDAY MAY 10
PHILADELPHIA
venue TBA
hosed UP
HARD SKIN
INVASION

SUNDAY MAY 11
PITTSBURGH PA
SMARTNICKS BIRTHDAY
hosed UP
PISSED JEANS
HARD SKIN
INVASION

They're playing that stupid south by southwest thing but apparently annihilation time is too, so maybe I have to go

FEB 14 LONDON @ BARFLY
FEB 15 NORWICH @ UEA *
FEB 16 BIRMINGHAM @ ACADEMY *
FEB 17 SOUTHAMPTON @ JOINERS
FEB 18 CARDIFF @ UNIVERSITY *
FEB 19 NOTTINGHAM @ ROCK CITY *
FEB 21 MANCHESTER @ ACADEMY 2 *
FEB 22 NEWCASTLE @ ACADEMY *
FEB 23 GLASGOW @ ABC *
FEB 24 LEEDS @ MET UNIVERSITY *
FEB 25 BRIGHTON @ ENGINE ROOMS
FEB 26 EXETER @ LEMON GROVE *
FEB 27 PORTSMOUTH @ PYRAMID *
FEB 28 SHEFFIELD @ THE CORPORATION
FEB 29 LONDON @ ASTORIA *
MAR 1 KINGSTON @ FIGHTING COCKS

Might try to be at any of the shows between Feb 25 and 29, the night of the 29th there is a huge hardcore band reunion in Madison headlining for the Repos last show. Trujaca re"pressed" the 2006 FU tape if you're collecting/counting, and it turns out there's at least two if not three versions of the christmas 7"

IIRC there are three more records coming out very soon.. this band is going to be the death of me.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
I'm there on the 19th. I'm really going for Set Your Goals, but hosed Up and Gallows are a bonus.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Not an Anthem posted:

:d:hf::w00t:

No Parade - Ceaseless Fire

This is one of my favorite albums. Every single song is amazing. But relatively few people i talk to have heard it. They're missing the gently caress out.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
You guys want a free record from my friends?

Here you go.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1140420

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Envy - All The Footprints... preorder came today. It's on white/red and I thought it was supposed to be black/red but whatever it looks pretty hot. Going to put it on in a few minutes here.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Has anyone gotten their Envy pack yet? Anyone know if they've even shipped.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Capitan Dad posted:

I'm still waiting here. TRL take freaking forever to ship records. I should have known that when I ordered it....

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Capitan Dad posted:

On the forums they said they should have all been shipped out by today.

I want it to come so bad :(

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
I haven't gotten my Envy preorder, but I'm expecting it by Saturday or early next week.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Not an Anthem posted:

Might try to be at any of the shows between Feb 25 and 29

Your best bet's the Brighton Engine Room show. It's a bit of a fun sponge venue, but at least it's smaller and not a larger show with Gallows.

I'd have said the Fighting Cocks one in Kingston, but that's just outside your time frame. lovely Limits are playing that one, and it should be a laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Just went on a vinyl buying spree! I'm about to order:

Amanda Woodward - La décadence de la décadence LP (green)
A Day in Black and White - My Heroes Have Always Killed Cowboys LP
The Blood Brothers - Crimes LP
Coliseum - s/t LP (white)
Daitro - Laissez vivre les squelettes LP (colour)
Ghastly City Sleep - s/t LP (vanilla)
Halo Perfecto - Hospitals in Other Countries LP
Versoma - Life During Wartime LP (colour)
Yaphet Kotto - Syncopated Synthetic Laments for Love LP
Yaphet Kotto - The Killer was in the Government Blankets LP (green)

I'm really stoked. Ordering everything from SlaveUnion's distro.