Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee

ddonahue99 posted:

I haven't gotten my Envy preorder, but I'm expecting it by Saturday or early next week.
Last time I checked they are either going out today or were sent out last Friday, I don't remember which. What a nightmare. When I place the pre-order on December 1st I typically expect to get my stuff in less than 60 days. Oh well, at least I'm getting a free Mono 2xLP out of it. (You all chose a free item from the store, right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Parachute Underwear posted:

Yaphet Kotto - Syncopated Synthetic Laments for Love LP
Yaphet Kotto - The Killer was in the Government Blankets LP (green)

I'm really stoked. Ordering everything from SlaveUnion's distro.

You really should get YK - We Bury Our Dead Alive LP if you don't already have it. Its by faaaaar the best one.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

THE LUMMOX posted:

You really should get YK - We Bury Our Dead Alive LP if you don't already have it. Its by faaaaar the best one.

Their Self-Titled 7" is amazing too. I think Syncopated Synthetic Laments for Love is probably my favorite YK album though.

They apparently played a basement show at Tufts a while ago, before I went here :(

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Inspector_71 posted:

Their Self-Titled 7" is amazing too. I think Syncopated Synthetic Laments for Love is probably my favorite YK album though.

They apparently played a basement show at Tufts a while ago, before I went here :(

I have We Bury Our Dead Alive on CD and would've bought the LP if SU had it in stock. But yeah, SSLfL is my favourite YK album too.

I thought they were broken up though? Oh well, not like I'd ever see them up here in Ottawa, anyway. :sigh:

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Yeah they broke up a few years ago. Backing WBODA as their best release.

EDIT: Also just scored a sick lot of 7"s I've been looking for for so long off some dude on DF. I'll punch up a list in a second.

Comadre | Songs About The Man! | 2005 | Coldbringer | White | 250 | 153/250
Funeral Diner/Raein | Split | 2004 | Red Cars Go Faster | Black | 570
Gloria Record, The | Grace, The Snow Is Here | 1998 | Crank | White
Hot Cross/Holy Shroud, The | Split | 2005 | Level Plane | Blue/white | 100
Raein | Doden Marscherar At Vast | 2004 | Release The Bats | Black/violet | 525

rivals fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 1, 2008

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Yeah, by "a while ago" I meant 3+ years

rivals posted:

Raein | Doden Marscherar At Vast | 2004 | Release The Bats | Black/violet | 525

Goddamn what an awesome EP.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 1, 2008

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Got my Town of Hardcore package, they still have at least the book if not the book+record deal at Eating Rats, pick it up if you dont have the zines.

mrmanatee
Jun 22, 2006

Positive outlook

Not an Anthem posted:

We slept on the roof of Whole Foods main headquarters the last day we were there, not too shabby if you have warm clothes. Either way I'll see you jerks down by the poo filled river to play slap-a-turtle.

Hey, I've slept on that playground too!

Sleeping outside is a good plan, though. You won't even need warm clothes; it's May in Texas. Chances of rain are pretty slim too. There's parks, rooftops, Whole Foods, the homebum bridge if you're in that sorta mood... it's pretty easy to find a spot.

And Arson Equity, keep your hands off my turtles.

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access
What's the general consensus here on Hammer Bros? They came through here on the 25th, but I missed it. :(

Apparently they're playing another show here in May so I might catch that one.

jamal jenkins
Dec 18, 2007

by The Finn
I just saw Saosin last night with Meriwether, The Bled, and Armor for Sleep at the Living Room in Providence. Amazing show.

I had never heard of Meriwether before but their songs were great and they were awesome on stage.

http://www.myspace.com/meriwether

Aye Julian is really good.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

jamesishere posted:

I just saw Saosin last night with Meriwether, The Bled, and Armor for Sleep at the Living Room in Providence. Amazing show.

I had never heard of Meriwether before but their songs were great and they were awesome on stage.

http://www.myspace.com/meriwether

Aye Julian is really good.

I can vouch for this. I saw them with Papa Roach in Orlando, even got a few picks from them.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
I've been re-obsessing over Clockcleaner as of late. I haven't really been interested in this type of stuff for a while, so I didn't pick up on Babylon Rules when it first came out, but now I am back full-circle with my obsession for this type of stuff.

I posted about their EP The Hassler which came out on the late Manic Ride Records in 2004, but since there wasn't a music forum there wasn't much of a response. Their "old" style was songs of varied length (1:45-6:30) which had a really bass-driven sound with noisy guitars and scream/talking vocals. Just picture Greg Ginn writing songs for The Jesus Lizard.

After The Hassler came out, they released their first full length Nevermind which took a bit to grow on me, because I was hoping for that punkish sound again. This time the songss are longer, a little slower, and even noisier than before, which I think is a step up. Looking back, I think The Hassler was perfect as an EP, because I might just get sick of it if it were any longer than 17 minutes.

Babylon Rules, which came out last year is their newest album. The songs are even LONGER (Topping out around about 9 minutes). The bass is thundering, the guitars are noisy and dissonant, the drums are nothing special i guess, but they work, and the vocals have changed a bit. Instead of being completely psychotic, John Sharkey now has kind of a Bauhaus/80's goth style of singing (along with the screaming). Unlike Nevermind this grew on me quickly, and I think that is because their direction has become somewhat predictable, but it's alright with me. I hope you guys really check this group out if you haven't before, because to me, they are one of the best bands still putting out new stuff right now.

TLDR: Jesus Lizard + Black Flag + Bauhaus-y vocals = incredible music

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Parachute posted:

Clockcleaner

I saw this band headline a show at Purdue when I didn't know who they were (I was there for Holy Bible). They were so unexpectedly great. I still haven't gotten around to actually listening to their albums, but I'd love to see them live again.

Rat Salad
Apr 15, 2007

arms are for hugging (and killing fascists)

Parachute posted:

I've been re-obsessing over Clockcleaner as of late.

Have you listened to Pissed Jeans? You probably have, but if not then you should totally check them out. They're basically the same idea except much sludgier, and probably with more hatred towards mankind. Great subject matter too, with songs like 'Ashamed Of My Cum' and 'Scrapbooking'.

http://www.myspace.com/pissedjeans

I'm sure this isn't their Myspace (they're not from SC) but it's got some awesome tracks either way.

They have two albums out, Shallow and Hope For Men. Shallow is the more rocking and fun one while Hope For Men's maybe too twisted for the average listener. Both are pretty astounding though.

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

Rat Salad posted:

Have you listened to Pissed Jeans? You probably have, but if not then you should totally check them out. They're basically the same idea except much sludgier, and probably with more hatred towards mankind. Great subject matter too, with songs like 'Ashamed Of My Cum' and 'Scrapbooking'.

http://www.myspace.com/pissedjeans

I'm sure this isn't their Myspace (they're not from SC) but it's got some awesome tracks either way.

They have two albums out, Shallow and Hope For Men. Shallow is the more rocking and fun one while Hope For Men's maybe too twisted for the average listener. Both are pretty astounding though.

Yeah, Pissed Jeans are pretty amazing. They are from my area, and I think I would still love them even if they weren't local. I mean, only they could make a song comprising of one chord that is awesome (Boring Girls).

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
I couldnt get into the first pissed jeans record but now I dunno, clockcleaner I definitely wasn't into but homostupids keep dropping them in interviews which I don't understand.

Was in Milwaukee for Get Rad/In Defense/Weekend Nachos/Brainhandle +more, fantastic show but lots of awkward push moshing. Ate at Palamino, deelish.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

THE LUMMOX posted:

yo i used to like you but you're so wrong i'm not sure i can anymore.

killer was in the government blankets all the way.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Parachute posted:

:words: Clockcleaner

Is it not cool to talk about The Birthday Party anymore? Because all of this poo poo reminds me of The Birthday Party.

Check out The Sick-E's and Brainbombs ASAP. You'll dig it.

I just checked out Pissed Jeans. I am dumb for not checking out Pissed Jeans before now.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Pantalones! posted:

yo i used to like you but you're so wrong i'm not sure i can anymore.

STFU you have no idea how much I regret selling you the gorlock/greyskull 12"....such a loving cool record and I didn't even sneak a listen before I sent it. :P

Also the guy that hates on screamo is going to poo poo a brick when he checks this thread and sees Saosin/The Bled....

THE LUMMOX fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 4, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

So sick, got the Saetia LP from that guy too. Can't loving wait for that package.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

rivals posted:

So sick, got the Saetia LP from that guy too. Can't loving wait for that package.

"THERE IS NO HAPPY HERE"

Parachute
May 18, 2003

EvilRobot posted:

Is it not cool to talk about The Birthday Party anymore? Because all of this poo poo reminds me of The Birthday Party.

Check out The Sick-E's and Brainbombs ASAP. You'll dig it.

I just checked out Pissed Jeans. I am dumb for not checking out Pissed Jeans before now.

Agree to all of the above especially about Brainbombs and Pissed Jeans. I will check out The Sick-E's, and I swear "Die You gently caress" by Brainbombs is stuck in my head about 90% of the time I'm awake.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.
New band from Merrimack Valley, northern MA
http://www.myspace.com/watchfirema
Basically almost everyone from Harder the Fight doing another hard as nails band and I can see it going to some real good places.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Dillinger posted:

New band from Merrimack Valley, northern MA
http://www.myspace.com/watchfirema
Basically almost everyone from Harder the Fight doing another hard as nails band and I can see it going to some real good places.

That's pretty good. I'm looking forward to hearing more from them.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

What is the website that has a list of recent record prices sold on ebay thats searchable?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

https://www.popsike.com. It sucks though.

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news
anyone in possession of Republic of Freedom Fighters lyrics?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The new Genghis Tron album leaked and it's awesome and epic as gently caress. I know they probably don't fit in with this thread perfectly, but I dunno where else to talk about them.

Also, I think I hear Greg Puciato doing guest vocals on The Feast.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Feb 5, 2008

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Not an Anthem posted:

Brainhandle

I thought Brainhandle broke up? This is excellent news. Saw them when they came through AZ and they stayed with me and my roommate. They were the nicest guys ever, every single one of them. Also, all of their vinyl is awesome. I hope they start touring again.

Also picked up a Bruce Banner/BUSH Split i had never seen before and was presently suprised. And Bones Brigade's first 7"! I cant tell if i like them better with the singer from cut the poo poo or the current one.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Inspector_71 posted:

The new Genghis Tron album leaked and it's awesome and epic as gently caress. I know they probably don't fit in with this thread perfectly, but I dunno where else to talk about them.

Also, I think I hear Greg Puciato doing guest vocals on The Feast.

Holy gently caress I can't wait till my lunch break. I've been stoked for this since they put out the Triple Black Diamond EP last summer.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

As an idea I love the name Buy Us Some Heroin, as a band not so much. Brainhandle slayed. Debating over to trade for rare records but I know if I do I will regret it.

Playlist lately is Punch in the Face, Haymaker, SSS, 2nd Town of Hardcore 7", rear end in a top hat Parade/Lhighve split.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Finally got my Envy preorder in today from Temporary Residence. Also got both colors of Haram's Drescher in from Lovitt today.

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007
Does anyone have any clue where to get some Brainbombs stuff? I know they have a singles collection out, but I want a discography.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Some unreleased/live Rudimentary Peni stuff just got posted over on the southern records boards. Its got 4 live albums, the Death Church Demos(instrumental rough versions of the songs on Death Church) and a complete song that I've never heard before called Please Help.

New album soon too, can't wait.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Some unreleased/live Rudimentary Peni stuff just got posted over on the southern records boards. Its got 4 live albums, the Death Church Demos(instrumental rough versions of the songs on Death Church) and a complete song that I've never heard before called Please Help.

New album soon too, can't wait.

Hell yes!

I just scored a copy of DRI - Dealin' With It on Death Records with lyric sheet. Today is a good day to thrash.

ps no I don't know where to get Brainbombs stuff please help :(

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

acup posted:

Finally got my Envy preorder in today from Temporary Residence. Also got both colors of Haram's Drescher in from Lovitt today.

Still haven't gotten that.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Thank God/Life At These Speeds split 7" for $4ppd up here: http://www.exoticfever.com/music.php

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007
Am I the only one who is in love with the song Refrigerator Heaven by the Freeze? I mean, it's probably in my top 3 80's hardcore songs. Well, at least top 10. poo poo is sooo good.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Agent Bob posted:

Am I the only one who is in love with the song Refrigerator Heaven by the Freeze? I mean, it's probably in my top 3 80's hardcore songs. Well, at least top 10. poo poo is sooo good.

Its a good song.
I tried to see the Freeze a few months ago in Philly but ended up blacking out and lost. It sucked a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parachute Underwear posted:

Holy gently caress I can't wait till my lunch break. I've been stoked for this since they put out the Triple Black Diamond EP last summer.

I know it's only February, but I'm putting Board Up The House up for Album Of The Year. It's loving amazing.