Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

Inspector_71 posted:

I know it's only February, but I'm putting Board Up The House up for Album Of The Year. It's loving amazing.

Incredible album, they only get better with each release.

Also this is even LESS relevant to the thread, but since they have at various times dipped into crust, d-beat and some hardcore, I'll mention that the new Boris album has leaked too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Its a good song.
I tried to see the Freeze a few months ago in Philly but ended up blacking out and lost. It sucked a lot.

I saw they were playing with the reunited YDI. Do they still play that metal bullshit?

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Agent Bob posted:

I saw they were playing with the reunited YDI. Do they still play that metal bullshit?

Reunited YDI may be one of the worst bands I have ever seen in my days.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

answersyouseek posted:

Reunited 108 was pretty loving terrible when I saw them a couple months ago.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Album of the year is Daitro and Sed Non Satiata.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.

rivals posted:

Seriously? They did a show with Converge (and Hatebreed was supposed to play before it got shut down :( )not long ago and 108 loving slayed. I thought they were 100% on point.

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

answersyouseek posted:

Yeah, I heard they are boring as gently caress now. Pity, since A Place in the Sun is a great 7".

Anyways, anyone have a clue where I can get The Dicks-Kill from the Heart? I have the collection released on Alternate Tentacles, but it doesn't have the whole album, which kind of pisses me off.

Andre Weed 420
Feb 19, 2007

by angerbot

Inspector_71 posted:

I know it's only February, but I'm putting Board Up The House up for Album Of The Year. It's loving amazing.

Yeah, as soon as I got it I listened to it around 3 times and another time in the car the next morning. This is loving amazing.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Capitan Dad posted:

Album of the year is Daitro and Sed Non Satiata.

I really, really like the Daitro side. Probably their best release overall. The Sed Non Satiata side is good too.

But let us not forget Capsule.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

ddonahue99 posted:

I really, really like the Daitro side. Probably their best release overall. The Sed Non Satiata side is good too.

But let us not forget Capsule.

So far, Daitro has yet to put out a bad release. They're probably my favorite French band, up there with Celeste.

(also more like crapsule)

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Agent Bob posted:

Anyways, anyone have a clue where I can get The Dicks-Kill from the Heart? I have the collection released on Alternate Tentacles, but it doesn't have the whole album, which kind of pisses me off.

Oddly enough that hasn't been re-released in a hojillion years. The good news is it shows up on Ebay at a reasonable price every now and again.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I listened to Board Up the House today for the first time (wanted to listen to it uninterrupted so I waited till I got on my 1hr bus commute this morning to do so :3: ) and holy gently caress. There's just no song better than the other, it's all so loving good.

Did they recently acquire a bassist or did someone from the band play bass in the album? It really adds a new layer of sound that I felt was sometimes missing from Dead Mountain Mouth.

Also, Greg Puciato can do no wrong, especially combined with other vocalists. He does an admirable job in Colony Collapse (if it is him), and the part where he sings alongside Dimitri in Fix Your Face off Ire Works just sounds so loving harsh and amazing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parachute Underwear posted:

Did they recently acquire a bassist or did someone from the band play bass in the album? It really adds a new layer of sound that I felt was sometimes missing from Dead Mountain Mouth.

They didn't have one when they opened for DEP (and they played Board Up The House), so I assume no, no bassist.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Somehow I never bothered checking out Das Oath until last night. I always assumed they'd be way thrashier than I liked or something but holy poo poo. Needless to say I just ordered the three of their LPs that I could find.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

rivals posted:

I don't know what you are talking about. They loving rule live. I can't stand the music but the band puts on a drat good show.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I don't like their music really, which obvoiusly doesn't help but when I saw them with Converge they were just incredibly boring to me.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Inspector_71 posted:

They didn't have one when they opened for DEP (and they played Board Up The House), so I assume no, no bassist.

Strange, because there's a bunch of songs where I hear a bass playing. The last two songs are the ones I think I can remember specifically, but maybe I'm just crazy :tinfoil:

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee

Capitan Dad posted:

Still haven't gotten that.
Same here.

From what I've read on the TRL forums they've all been sent out and should be coming in this week or next at the latest. I got a package at my mom's yesterday but I'm not going to be able to see what it is until after work on Friday. I think it's the only item I accidently sent to my old address so here's hoping I can dedicate hours of listening to Envy this weekend.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone happen to have a copy either the Das Oath/Ampere split LP or the Funeral Diner/Ampere split on green that they're willing to sell? I'll pay good monies.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Talk to Glenn [thekillinme] on DF. I know he is selling the Ampere/FD split, not sure about Das Oath though.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
woop woop!

"For a while now we have been working in solitude on a new band, and now we are ready to go out into the world. Mark McCoy, Matt Wilga, Andrew Jackmauh, and Will Killingsworth are FAILURES. The sound? Born from a mutual love of classic 80's hardcore, but no rehash or retro bullshit. In the works for upcoming release is a 14 song release on Youth Attack and Clean Plate records, realistically out April/May. At some point there will be an MP3."

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah I saw that earlier. Super excited to hear it.

Rat Salad
Apr 15, 2007

arms are for hugging (and killing fascists)

kirkjames posted:

Incredible album, they only get better with each release.

Also this is even LESS relevant to the thread, but since they have at various times dipped into crust, d-beat and some hardcore, I'll mention that the new Boris album has leaked too.

Wait, at various times? I've heard Vein and I love it but I thought it was their only punk album. What am I missing?

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access
Punk suggestion of the day: https://www.myspace.com/theforgetfuls

I forget where I first heard them, probably PT or the like.

DaLkO
Mar 27, 2005

graaaahhh me maties
Oh gently caress, seeing Limp Wrist for the first time tomorrow.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

THE LUMMOX posted:

woop woop!

"For a while now we have been working in solitude on a new band, and now we are ready to go out into the world. Mark McCoy, Matt Wilga, Andrew Jackmauh, and Will Killingsworth are FAILURES. The sound? Born from a mutual love of classic 80's hardcore, but no rehash or retro bullshit. In the works for upcoming release is a 14 song release on Youth Attack and Clean Plate records, realistically out April/May. At some point there will be an MP3."

I'm a bit gay for Will Killingsworth I can't think of a better way to die than for him to play at you.

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

DaLkO posted:

Let them know chicago misses them and would like a visit soon :(

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
Kickass show in Richmond Saturday, March 1st

@ Rumors (clothing store next to Harrison St. Cafe) 7:00 pm

Double Dutch

Friendly Fire

Delay

The Ergs

The Max Levine Ensemble

No alcohol in the venue, there is a bar next door.

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access

walkingistillhonest posted:

The Ergs

The Ergs!* :colbert:

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

Got to play tonight with Vitamin X, Sin Orden, Infitada and Cold Shoulder. Vitamin X were as good as ever, those guys have so much energy its nuts.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
He didn't mention he plays in a band called Poison Planet. They are very good. Look for a three way tape with Mag Lev and Wyrd Byrds soon.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

Lazlowrocks posted:

The Ergs!* :colbert:

Technically, also: Delay!

mrmanatee
Jun 22, 2006

Positive outlook

DaLkO posted:

Pack your thong!

PS: I'm super excited about seeing the Dicks again at SXSW. They're playing with the Slits and This Bike is a Pipe Bomb. Kinda a weird lineup. It's gonna rule.

Also at SXSW, hosed Up is opening for... The Breeders? Weird.

The Man The Legend
Dec 17, 2006
Cheer up, the worst is yet to come
Just wanted to chime in to say I was sleeping on A Wilhelm Scream until tonight... and wow, if I only knew what I was missing.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

mrmanatee posted:

Pack your thong!

PS: I'm super excited about seeing the Dicks again at SXSW. They're playing with the Slits and This Bike is a Pipe Bomb. Kinda a weird lineup. It's gonna rule.

Also at SXSW, hosed Up is opening for... The Breeders? Weird.

Y'know, the only thing keeping me from rolling around on the floor writhing about not going to SXSW this year is the fact that The Slits are playing and not The Raincoats. If it was The Raincoats, I'd be selling handjobs at a truck stop for airfare right now.

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007
Ugh, when the gently caress are they going to release the Neos discography again? I need it :(.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

New Transistor Transistor 7" up for sale at the Level Plane store here: http://www.level-plane.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3_8&products_id=14

glueandnails
Oct 8, 2004

rivals posted:

New Transistor Transistor 7" up for sale at the Level Plane store here: http://www.level-plane.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3_8&products_id=14

I am pumped that this is finally out. Any New Hampshire or Maine peeps want to come out, we are playing a free show for the legit release of this at Dos Amigos burritos in Dover on February 29th.

Also, if anyone is interested, we finished our new full length this January. I think it should be out in May, but the 7" was supposed to be out for The Fest, so who the gently caress knows. I'm really really happy with how it came out, I think I heard Kurt refer to it as "all killer no filler" at one point which is about the best compliment I could hope for.

Oh yeah, but the 7". Tomas Lindberg did vocals on one of the songs, how crazy is that?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah I heard about that. I am ridiculously stoked to get this, and I can't wait till the new full length comes out. You guys planning on making it out to the west coast any time soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

glueandnails posted:

I am pumped that this is finally out. Any New Hampshire or Maine peeps want to come out, we are playing a free show for the legit release of this at Dos Amigos burritos in Dover on February 29th.

You guys should update your website :(

Also, when are you gonna be back through Boston? I missed the Halloween show because I was in Iceland.