Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
New comic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Oh man, the thought of Haley confiding in a corpse is kinda depressing. And yet, who is she going to talk to? Belkar? An NPC? Pfffft.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
That's a pretty decent comic right there :)

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

plastickiwi posted:

The original Fiend Folio is a treasure. It introduced the drow (for whose later indulgences it is not responsible), as well the githyanki and githzerai, the slaad, the deep gnomes and the kuo-toa.

Among these now-iconic D&D staples we find creepy, bizarro poo poo like the pennangalan (flying female vampire head with viscera hanging from it) and the yellow musk creeper (mind controlling plant recently seen in the Goblins webcomic).

... and the flumph, the flail snail and several other awesomely laughable (or laughably awesome?) creatures. The whole book is one gigantic hardcover "WTF?"

I remember springing some of that crazy poo poo on players back in 1981. They begged me to go back to the Monster Manual but they still thought the drow were cool, and that was before the whole race was issued dual scimitars.

Believe it or not, pennagalans are from actual mythology.

Edit: and apparently also a line of fetish boots.

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

There seems no plan because it is all plan. There seems no center because it is all center.

Davethulhu posted:

Believe it or not, pennagalans are from actual mythology.

Edit: and apparently also a line of fetish boots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amIA6TOgJZQ

Here's one now.. I have this movie on DVD.. it's.. yeah...

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

RentACop posted:

Oh man, the thought of Haley confiding in a corpse is kinda depressing. And yet, who is she going to talk to? Belkar? An NPC? Pfffft.

To be fair, she could have been expecting Ray to be hovering around his and listening from day one and it wouldn't be out of character for this comic.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
:frogsiren: NEW STRIP IS UP!:frogsiren:

I've wanted to do that for ages.

Come on Celia and what I hope is her ability to see the dead!

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

The Werle posted:

:frogsiren: NEW STRIP IS UP!:frogsiren:

I've wanted to do that for ages.

Come on Celia and what I hope is her ability to see the dead!

Hahaha, Rich pulled that right out of left field. It's exactly what we've wanted for a long time and he pulls it out when everyone's pretty much forgotten about it.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Haha, dig the "wish I could search the archives" line. You KNOW people are checking that out as we speak...

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
New strip- He's really cranking them out the last few days :)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Poor Roy. And poor Celia...

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ConfusedUs posted:

Poor Roy. And poor Celia...

No, that's a good thing. Breaking it summons Celia, and I imagine that bodes well for Roy's situation.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
I want finger lightning. It really is a grave injustice.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

:siren: NEW STR-- oh wait you already got that one covered :smith:

LuchadoresDelNixon
Feb 7, 2007

Moonbase Alpha provides a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite
Goddamit I hate the word Klog. Every time I check for an OotS update, that loving word. Goddamn you Erfworld.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
New strip is up! Rules jokes galore!

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

So why not just planeshift over into the lawful good afterlife? :colbert:

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Vanadium posted:

So why not just planeshift over into the lawful good afterlife? :colbert:
They don't like her folk 'round those parts.

Kahrytes
Jun 4, 2004

Now I need a drink. Not this one. Another one. And in a different place.

LuchadoresDelNixon posted:

Goddamit I hate the word Klog. Every time I check for an OotS update, that loving word. Goddamn you Erfworld.

Argh what the gently caress, I've been nice, giving that awful loving comic plenty of chances to fuckin' get to a point, but it seems like the guy has been taking FOREVER TO GET TO ANY loving POINT ARGH

In other words, isn't speak with dead a fairly low level spell? Why can't anybody cast that?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I find it interesting that Belkar is so concerned with what the cat is eating. I know he thinks the cat is awesome, but that's the most interest he's shown in the comfort-level of another creature in...ever?

I realize it's probably just a ranger/pet thing, but it's a nice touch.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Kahrytes posted:

In other words, isn't speak with dead a fairly low level spell? Why can't anybody cast that?

Speak With Dead doesn't actually let you talk to the dead person's ghost, it lets you ask their corpse questions that it could answer with the knowledge it had while alive.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
Are some animals able to see ghosts in 3.5? I'm wondering if Mr Scruffles might yet save the day.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Bobulus posted:

I find it interesting that Belkar is so concerned with what the cat is eating. I know he thinks the cat is awesome, but that's the most interest he's shown in the comfort-level of another creature in...ever?

I realize it's probably just a ranger/pet thing, but it's a nice touch.

I certainly hope so. Because otherwise, Belkar can only see things in terms of lust or hate. Either way, that poor, poor kitty.

Scopedog
Sep 4, 2006

by The Finn

DoctorTristan posted:

New strip is up! Rules jokes galore!
Ooooh, some poo poo-talking towards Erfworld there.

Pupienus
Jul 21, 2003

Scopedog posted:

Where? I don't read Erfworld, which part is a burn?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Classic Assride posted:

Where? I don't read Erfworld, which part is a burn?

"If you can't find a way to cut back on the weepy melodrama, I swear I'll start dropping random pop culture references."

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

There seems no plan because it is all plan. There seems no center because it is all center.

Scopedog posted:

IMJack posted:

"If you can't find a way to cut back on the weepy melodrama, I swear I'll start dropping random pop culture references."

In a comic full of pop culture references with at least one direct reference to the Dead Parrot sketch in that very comic (Joined the Choir Invisible), and the whole strip an hommage to it, I think you are projecting your bile. Rich is just making fun of himself, he dosn't need to 'dig' anyone elses strip.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

gothfae posted:

In a comic full of pop culture references with at least one direct reference to the Dead Parrot sketch in that very comic (Joined the Choir Invisible),

Jesus, that is not a Monty Python reference. You're off by more than a century. :(

Look up Mary Ann Evans if you get a chance.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Schwarzwald posted:

Jesus, that is not a Monty Python reference. You're off by more than a century. :(

Look up Mary Ann Evans if you get a chance.

Dude, nobody remember Mary Ann Evans, but everyone knows the very famous Monty Python sketch that that line is from.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I love doing this.

New strip is up, and it looks like the plot arc is finally getting underway!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I'm glad that OotS is getting back into the swing of things. The stuff that has been going on wasn't bad, but it was sort of dragging a little plotwise. I also have to say that I really like how Celia is just generally oblivious to all the limits that humans have. Here's to getting out of azure city and on to new questing!

Ashcans fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 19, 2008

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

Connecting the Dots in 3... 2... 1...

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Wow, it's almost as though fate keeps conspiring to take treasure away from Haley.

LuchadoresDelNixon
Feb 7, 2007

Moonbase Alpha provides a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite
Did anybody notice how much Haley blanched at the mention of Greysky City? Have the PC's come across there before and I missed it? Or do we think there's something there regarding Haley's deep dark past?

Or am I just making poo poo up?

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

Did anybody notice how much Haley blanched at the mention of Greysky City? Have the PC's come across there before and I missed it? Or do we think there's something there regarding Haley's deep dark past?

That's where Haley is from, IIRC, and it's been hinted at that she's of nobility, and outright said that her father is being held for ransom. Probably something she doesn't want to deal with.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved
Celia's kind of awesome actually :3:

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved
Oh man is it my turn again?

:siren: New strip posted! :siren:

See? It's a new Erfworld strip!

Okay okay there's a new OOTS strip also.

Oh boy did that explain a lot . . . including at least one thing we didn't really need explained. I think the best touch is the rose petals.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I like how BOTH of those comics had weird subway references...

Harl37
Oct 13, 2005

So very tired.

Greysky City is where Haley was working for the Thieves Guild before hearing that her father had been kidnapped on the western continent. She had to quit the guild so she could raise enough money to pay the ransom on her dad. I'm pretty sure that the guild will try to kill Haley if they ever get the chance.

I also think that Haley's dad is a prisoner of Elan's dad, which will be awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happydogska
Jan 26, 2003
It always smells like fish.
NOOTS, explaining the Cloister spell.

What the heck is that in the last panel? It's obviously something green and leafy (so to speak), and not a succubus.