Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Finally got my Gehenna preorder but did not get my Pulling Teeth preorder for Martyr Immortal- its been about three months! I never order from A389 so I don't know if its unusual. Parts Unknown hosed up my order twice (once due to shopping cart problems, but still, come on its your website) but are finally getting me that Wolfdowners lp with freebies thrown in.

Hate when a few of those happen because I usually have a lot of faith in mailorder and like supporting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.
Disfear US tour!!!! With loving Clouds and Trap Them.

The only date I think that's listed so far is the Boston date, at Great Scott sometime in May. I don't care where else they're playing, I can't loving wait. Perfect tour, and I finally will get off my rear end and see Clouds.

Andre Weed 420
Feb 19, 2007

by angerbot

Parachute Underwear posted:

I listened to Board Up the House today for the first time (wanted to listen to it uninterrupted so I waited till I got on my 1hr bus commute this morning to do so :3: ) and holy gently caress. There's just no song better than the other, it's all so loving good.

Did they recently acquire a bassist or did someone from the band play bass in the album? It really adds a new layer of sound that I felt was sometimes missing from Dead Mountain Mouth.

Also, Greg Puciato can do no wrong, especially combined with other vocalists. He does an admirable job in Colony Collapse (if it is him), and the part where he sings alongside Dimitri in Fix Your Face off Ire Works just sounds so loving harsh and amazing.

Yes, there actually is bass. The guitarist of Genghis Tron plays bass on the album, but I guess they either program it in live to play or just leave it out. You can see him playing the bass in their studio video here http://blogs.guitarworld.com/metalkult/in-the-studio/genghistron/

glueandnails
Oct 8, 2004

rivals posted:

Yeah I heard about that. I am ridiculously stoked to get this, and I can't wait till the new full length comes out. You guys planning on making it out to the west coast any time soon?

Thanks for the kind words. I hope we can make it out to the west coast. We haven't been there since 2005 with Hot Cross and The Holy Shroud. It is a distinct possibility that it will happen this year. We're sort of on the hunt for a good band to make it out there with.

Inspector_71 posted:

You guys should update your website :(

Also, when are you gonna be back through Boston? I missed the Halloween show because I was in Iceland.

The Halloween show was dope. We were the only band with the nards to dress up. If my dream for playing shows this month comes together, we might (might) have a show in Boston on March 1st. Totally might not happen though. We will update our myspace as soon as we figure it out for sure.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Hate that I missed that show with HC/HS. Anyway if you guys can make it out here there are tons of great bands who I'm sure would go up and down the coast with you like Graf Orlock/Comadre/Ghostlimb/Who Calls So Loud etc etc.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Sigh, come to Vancouver, Gorlock did you aren't going to be shown up by them are you.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

gently caress yes. Phoenix Bodies/La Quiete west coast tour this summer!

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

rivals posted:

gently caress yes. Phoenix Bodies/La Quiete west coast tour this summer!

Where are their tour dates? I couldn't find it on their myspaces.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Hydrac7 posted:

Where are their tour dates? I couldn't find it on their myspaces.

No tour dates yet. Late July/early August.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah, no dates set yet. Early info is here: http://board.vivalavinyl.org/?func=topic&id=48098&r=55.

EDIT: Couldn't decide what thread to put this in but holy poo poo I just had a ridiculous mail day

Three packages:

Funeral Diner/Raein | Split | 2004 | Red Cars Go Faster | Black | 570
Gloria Record, The | Grace, The Snow Is Here | 1998 | Crank | White
Hot Cross/Holy Shroud, The | Split | 2005 | Level Plane | Blue/white | 100
Raein | Doden Marscherar At Vast | 2004 | Release The Bats | Black/violet | 525
Saetia | Saetia | 1998 | Mountain | Black | 1000

Yaphet Kotto/Suicide Nation | Split | 2000 | Council | Black | 1500
Braid | Frankie Welfare Boy Age Five | 1995 | Divot | Clear green
Yaphet Kotto | Killer Was In The Government Blankets | 1999 | Ebuillition | Black | Screened inside-out cover
Yaphet Kotto | Syncopated Synthetic Laments For Love | 2001 | Ebullition | Black

Portrait | All My Chances | 2000 | Stickfigure | Black
Bread And Circuits | Bread And Circuits | 2000 | Ebullition | Orange | 316
Champion | Promises Kept | 2004 | Bridge Nine | Maroon | 300
Hugs | Hugs | 2003 | Self Released | Clear w/ screed b-side | 300
Transistor Transistor | Transistor Transistor | 2003 | Level Plane | Black | 500
Wolves | Art.Culture.Work. | 2002 | Coalition | Black | 1000

rivals fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 11, 2008

glueandnails
Oct 8, 2004

Capitan Dad posted:

Sigh, come to Vancouver, Gorlock did you aren't going to be shown up by them are you.

If this is directed towards Transistor, we tried one time but there was a former member who had some drug charge or something stupid so we couldn't get in. We were going to try to tour with the Holy Shroud up there, but they broke up.

I want to go really bad though.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

I can guarantee 50 18 and unders will be there, including myself :(.

No joke though I'm convinced you would get a good turnout there is a really decent punk scene here.

El_Dudarino
Aug 1, 2006

I thought I'd post these, just a local punk band, but they put on an awesome show, plus I really like the pics.

El_Dudarino fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 12, 2008

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

El_Dudarino posted:

pictures

How many patches can one fit onto his or her pants?!?

ONE BAND WILL FIND OUT!

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

I dig the giant Lamar Outdoor Advertising logo. I guess they snatched that off of a billboard.

*Edit* unless they are sellouts and sell advertising in small venues now heh

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
There's still no dates yet for LaQ/Phoenix Bodies but there's going to be a stop in Seattle. I am driving from Edmonton for this.

Ill be going through Calgary and then Vancouver so anyone who wants to hop on the fun train is invited.

THE LUMMOX fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 12, 2008

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..
I hope they come to Idaho. At the same time, I hope they don't.

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007
Seeing Paint it Black next week....in a wearhouse. What could be better?!

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

THE LUMMOX posted:

There's still no dates yet for LaQ/Phoenix Bodies but there's going to be a stop in Seattle. I am driving from Edmonton for this.

Ill be going through Calgary and then Vancouver so anyone who wants to hop on the fun train is invited.

For sure, if the show is all ages.

No way I'm going to be 21 by then.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO
I just scored a bunch of free poo poo from a friend who decided to give away all of her records (WHY?????).

Stuff I scored
Anti-Product
His Hero is Gone
Black Market Clash
Sutek Conspiracy
Iron Maiden
The Awakening
...and some other stuff I can't recall.

My friend got first dibs and managed to snag a Spectacle 10", Jawbreaker's Dear You and the 1905 Voice LP.

Speaking of 1905, does anyone know where I can find that LP? There were 1000 pressed a few years ago and I'm trying to dig them up.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Good luck. A lot of people want it. I don't think it goes for a ton ($20-30 I think) but it's just rarely sold.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
That's a bummer. Got a new goal. I've put a few of my distro-whoring friends on the job, so let's hope a copy shows up in one of their cities.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Anyone familiar with West Texas? I'll be living in Lubbock for a few months, am I going to be poo poo out of luck as far as shows go? It looks like most shows I've seen listed in Texas are a good 7 hours away from the area.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white
Who Calls So Loud (ex-Funeral Diner) posted a new song

I really like it, it's definitely just a continuation of Door's Open.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

So excited for this. I'm talking to Matt right now trying to get them to play in a basement down here in mid April.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
OFF loving MINOR posted a new song! It is 36 seconds of awesome.

Also I really like ...Who Calls So Loud and hope to go to their first show, whenever that may be.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Big Blue Violence posted:

Who Calls So Loud (ex-Funeral Diner) posted a new song

I really like it, it's definitely just a continuation of Door's Open.

This is like the sequel to I Was the Sword. My load is blown.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Is it the same vox as FD?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Just got another really good deal on some records that I'm stoked about.

Amber Inn | Amber Inn | 1995 | Sunney Sindicut | Black
Life At These Speeds/Sinaloa | Split | 2006 | Waking | Black
Funeral Diner/Dead City | Split | 2003 | Old Glory | Black | 130 | Test press, George Bush cover
Mirah | Advisory Committee | 2002 | K. Records | Black
Mirah | C'mon Miracle | 2004 | K. Records | Black
Neil Perry/Joshua Fit For Battle | Brothers From Different Mothers | 2001 | Level Plane | Black | 500
Takaru/A Light In The Attic | Split | 2003 | Sky Of Ill Rule | Black | 985

Mostly the FD split test because that gets me much closer to completing my collection. Also got really good prices on the Mirah records which is rad because Advisory Committee goes for $30-40 on eBay. I paid $80ppd for the lot.

EDIT: And since I should stop flooding this thread with vinyl, I posted a pic of my Allegiance collection in the record collecting thread. In case anyone's interested, at least.

rivals fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 15, 2008

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

THE LUMMOX posted:

Is it the same vox as FD?

Nope, it does sound similar though.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

Seth Babb is in Takaru right? He's awesome but I don't like that band that much. Since they broke up my Funeral Diner appreciation has been doubling every day.

July 2007 never forget.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah Seth was in Takaru. And Takaru was loving amazing how dare you say otherwise!

Oh, and you should all check out Elder: http://www.myspace.com/elderphiladelphia. Members of Balboa and Towers. If you like it, preorders for their 10" are up here: http://forgeagainrecords.com/elder.shtml. I'm really loving the songs they have up.

rivals fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 15, 2008

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
Elder sounds great. For some reason I thought Balboa were from France (like the time I thought Cease Upon the Capitol were from Germany - whoops!) so when you said members of Towers/Balboa I didn't know what the gently caress.

Oh, I think I was confused because they did a split with Aussitot Mort.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Grigori Rasputin posted:

I just scored a bunch of free poo poo from a friend who decided to give away all of her records (WHY?????).

Stuff I scored
Anti-Product
His Hero is Gone
Black Market Clash
Sutek Conspiracy
Iron Maiden
The Awakening
...and some other stuff I can't recall.

My friend got first dibs and managed to snag a Spectacle 10", Jawbreaker's Dear You and the 1905 Voice LP.

Speaking of 1905, does anyone know where I can find that LP? There were 1000 pressed a few years ago and I'm trying to dig them up.

If you live in Baltimore, or someone you know does, have them go down to Reptilian Records. Last time I was in there they had like 6 or 7 copies of Voice.

And oh my god, it's even more amazing on wax. :3:

acup
Sep 11, 2001

ddonahue99 posted:

Elder sounds great. For some reason I thought Balboa were from France (like the time I thought Cease Upon the Capitol were from Germany - whoops!) so when you said members of Towers/Balboa I didn't know what the gently caress.

Oh, I think I was confused because they did a split with Aussitot Mort.

My friend's band played with Balboa a couple of times when they were in New England. They're good guys.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000

RunTo TheHills posted:

If you live in Baltimore, or someone you know does, have them go down to Reptilian Records. Last time I was in there they had like 6 or 7 copies of Voice.

And oh my god, it's even more amazing on wax. :3:

I don't have any good dudes in baltimore now so that's as shame. Maybe I'll try to get a hold of the store itself and see if they can hook me up.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
So, after years of putting it off, I finally took my records out of their beloved milk crates and put them on a bookshelf I just assembled.

Only to discover my cat had urinated on about 15 of them.

And I can't find my copy of Feel the Darkness.

This totally loving blows. That's just about my favorite album of all time.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
it's cool dude, cat piss is punk

Andre Weed 420
Feb 19, 2007

by angerbot

EvilRobot posted:

So, after years of putting it off, I finally took my records out of their beloved milk crates and put them on a bookshelf I just assembled.

Only to discover my cat had urinated on about 15 of them.

And I can't find my copy of Feel the Darkness.

This totally loving blows. That's just about my favorite album of all time.

My cat peed on the corner of my science project poster in 7th grade. I left the pee stain on it :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
I got my gf a loving steal of early industrial, punk and goth records but the dude's cat had whizzed all over every inch of his house including the practice amp I bought from him. Everything smelled like utter rank dank cat pee :(

The records play fine though. Don't inhale!