Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

GruntyThrst posted:

How the hell can he say something like that with that facial expression? It does not line up and it is freaking me the gently caress out.
Because he was saying it in order to SAVE THE UNIVERSE.

Watch the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
Turn ons are serious business.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
After reading this thread, the lack of Kanna-wooing is disturbing :colbert:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Classtoise posted:

After reading this thread, the lack of Kanna-wooing is disturbing :colbert:

Most of getting Kanna's heart meter up is letting her punch you.

Implicit in there is "and surviving".

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.

Glazius posted:

We won't stop until Ogami's body is a single callus harder than mithril.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

demota posted:

Hear, hear! This man speaks the truth!

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

demota posted:

And making Kanna get all girly and shy and cute :3:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.

Canuck-Errant posted:

I'm glad it got to you in decent condition. though.

It looks pretty durable, AND it was still in its box; I'd think that it'd take a lot more than a little manhandling to destroy it.

Casting it into the fires of Mt. Doom... maybe.

RedMagus posted:

Excellent work with the update, and Jean-Paul... now I feel kinda bad for him. And I almost want to hug Iris and tell her it's going to be ok.

Almost. the insane gibbering fear of the demon-spawn is still very strong.

Iris really isn't that bad of a character; the TV series and the manga version make her a bit more reasonable, and a lot easier to sympathize with.

On the other hand, she has some downright sinister moments in the manga version, but maybe that's just me...

Revenant Threshhold posted:

We never do find out what Kyon's real name is, do we?

Perhaps Ogami escaped the theatre...

And jumped untold years into the future, only to find himself confronted by a squeaky time-traveler fanservice thing, a combat robot alien, an ambiguously gay psyker, and GOD.

I don't think it'd have been a good trade-off. :gonk:

Classtoise posted:

And making Kanna get all girly and shy and cute :3:

I.

That.

Well.

... alright, fine, approved.

EDIT: Oh wow, I failed at spoiler tags.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 28, 2008

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spirit Armor posted:

It looks pretty durable, AND it was still in its box; I'd think that it'd take a lot more than a little manhandling to destroy it.

Casting it into the fires of Mt. Doom... maybe.
Dammit, stop with the teasing :argh:

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

And jumped untold years into the future, only to find himself confronted by a squeaky time-traveler fanservice thing, a combat robot alien, an ambiguously gay psyker, and GOD.

Funny thing is from seeing other parts of the site (AwfulVision, ALOD, etc.) I know there are many, many people who would be overjoyed to be Ogami and suffer through all this. :buddy:

not me though...

The Good Witch
Sep 13, 2004
The video store near where I work is closing down and this LP made me buy the OAV since it was deeply discounted. I better like it or else you owe me big, Spirit Armor! ;)

Still voting for Sakura because I like crazy types. :colbert:

TapamN
Jan 10, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

TapamN! Thanks as always for this glimpse into the past. Would you happen to mind if I gather up the minigame links and put them in the first post?
Of course not, go ahead.

Spirit Armor posted:

2) I'm convinced that Sakura is borderline yandere, and Maria is quite capable of speaking her mind so long as she has a pistol in her hands because that way no one will try disagreeing with her anyway.
Yandere snap in the end, and Sakura never does that. (Well, real Sakura doesn't; Let's Play Sakura already has.) I think she's more of a Clingy Jealous Girl than anything else. Even offical sources recognize her jealousy.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

TapamN posted:

Of course not, go ahead.

Yandere snap in the end, and Sakura never does that. (Well, real Sakura doesn't; Let's Play Sakura already has.) I think she's more of a Clingy Jealous Girl than anything else. Even offical sources recognize her jealousy.

See this is why Kanna is the best choice.
What's Sakura gonna do in a jealous fit of rage to someone twice her size and twenty times as strong?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Classtoise posted:

What's Sakura gonna do in a jealous fit of rage to someone twice her size and twenty times as strong?

Kohran has killer death robots. Robots > manbeast woman

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

:kamina: Awesome LP :kamina:

I suppose this is another obligatory "Joined SA to comment on your LP" posts. I must say that this thread delivers in every sense of the word! Awesome job on the Sphere reference with Jean-Paul.

Also, another vote for the Sumire Brigade. There's nothing like a woman who aims to make you her servant and has enough money and/or "land" to make it so. :pervert:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Dammit, stop with the teasing :argh:

:buddy:

Grunduggerer posted:

Funny thing is from seeing other parts of the site (AwfulVision, ALOD, etc.) I know there are many, many people who would be overjoyed to be Ogami and suffer through all this.

... I honestly can't imagine why. ESPECIALLY since I know what's going to be happening to the poor bastard down the road.

The Good Witch posted:

The video store near where I work is closing down and this LP made me buy the OAV since it was deeply discounted. I better like it or else you owe me big, Spirit Armor!

First OVA? It'll actually make SENSE since you've read up to this point in the LP.

I'm Spirit Armor, founder of this thread. You'll like the OVA. I guarantee it. :colbert:

TapamN posted:

True that.

In my mind, though, that's only about half a step away. :gonk:

Classtoise posted:

You HAVE heard those stories about people exhibiting moments of superhuman strength when they snap under pressure, right...? Granted, that describes Ogami more than anyone else, but.

GruntyThrst posted:

It's Monkey Versus Robot all over again.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

I suppose this is another obligatory "Joined SA to comment on your LP" posts. I must say that this thread delivers in every sense of the word! Awesome job on the Sphere reference with Jean-Paul.

Glad you're liking it! :frogbon: Man, how many ten dollar registration fees does this add up to now?

ALSO, the update's coming tomorrow. It's taken a while since it is huge (as battle intro updates tend to be), and because the end-of-the-week crunch nearly hamstrung me.

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007

GruntyThrst posted:

Kanna can punch robots so hard they feel pain even though they aren't designed to.

Well ok probably Kohran designs them to feel pain. But still.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

You HAVE heard those stories about people exhibiting moments of superhuman strength when they snap under pressure, right...? Granted, that describes Ogami more than anyone else, but.

Then what makes it a good idea to make Kanna snap because not only is there someone stronger, she's HITTIN' ON HER MAN!

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Spirit Armor posted:

Man, how many ten dollar registration fees does this add up to now?

Lowtax really oughta give you a 10% commission.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Glazius posted:

Oh come now. Kanna doesn't kill people, she beats the living bejesus out of them so they can watch their dreams crumble beneath her inhumanly strong heel.

That's why I'm all for Sumire. She'll only shatter your sense of self esteem rather than all of your hopes and dreams. :smith:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

--------
:siren:VIDEO LINK!:siren:
Google Version!

"By this point in time, Asakusa, once known as the Imperial Capital's definitive entertainment district, had certainly seen better days. After all, few things can ruin a festival (or for that matter, a good night's sleep) quite like an entire street being turned on its side to launch a gigantic blimp. Needless to say, property values dropped to an all-time low, and there are surviving records that suggest that some of the more desperate evacuees were actually paying people to take their shops.

"That the entire district did not simply shut down is something of a miracle, though this can be attributed to the fact that those shopkeepers who stayed behind were one of three things: those who loved to gamble, those who had the luck of the devil, or those who were simply stubborn as all hell. In short, those who stayed behind were resilient enough to weather anything the demons (or the government) could dish out.

"However, even the proud residents of Asakusa would find it exceedingly difficult to take on a full-fledged demonic assault and, say, the youngest person ever to pilot a steam-powered spirit armor, all at the same time. This is precisely what happened on that fateful day, July, 1923..."

- Excerpt from the 1977 edition of "Samurai Spirits: The History of the Flower Division," written by M. Sunnyside.
--------

TAISHO ERA, 12th YEAR: JULY
ASAKUSA - KAMINARIMON

Clearly, some people thought that they would be able to avoid the Golden Monster by taking refuge at Asakusa Temple.

They chose... poorly.

Granted, it's still surprising that they'd choose to risk the wrath of Iris instead of taking their chances with the demon-driven mechanical soldiers. Wakiji, at least, can't eat souls.

For a change, the boss has decided to barricade himself inside what could be the most well-fortified site in the area, rather than prancing around on top of gates or sitting outside of a warehouse.

It appears that for once, we'll finally be able to get that good ol'-fashioned "your princess is in another castle" feeling. :unsmith:

[Rasetsu]

Onkirikiribasaraunbattah, onkirikiribasaraunbattah, onkirikiribasaraunbattah--

----
[Rasetsu]

-- onkirikiribasaraunbattah, onkirikiribasaraunbblkbjkgjh--

[Rasetsu]

Thit.

----

----

Once again...

... the Hive of Darkness marks its territory.

Where most organisms would use scent glands or graffiti or "Kilroy Was Here" signs, these guys deemed it necessary to use giant demonic drill bits.

----
[Rasetsu]

Hmph... howwible mithtakth athide, it theems to have gone off without a hitcth. Now, let's see what those puny humanth--

----

----

----
[Rasetsu]

-- GYAAAAAH!!

[Iris]

WHO DARES AWAKEN ME FROM MY DREAD SLUMBER?!

[Rasetsu]

You wretch! This prank wasn't funny the FIRST twenty-five times you pulled it! Now leave me alone, before I send you to--

----

----
[Iris]

Kyahahaha!!

----

----

----
[Rasetsu]

And why won't you just leave me alone and go destroy the REST of Japan for us!?

----

---
[Ogami]

----

----
[Sakura]

[Sumire]

[Maria]

----

----
[Kanna]

[Kohran]

[Maria]

... Kohran, you're not allowed to ride shotgun with Ayame anymore.

[Kohran]

Look, how in th' heck was I supposed t' know that she'd actually win the "I bet ya can't make th' Rolling Thunder flip upside-down" wager!?

[Sumire]

Honestly... thanks to you, we have wasted a solid ten minutes trekking the rest of the way here!

[Kohran]

Don't I at least get bonus points fer gettin' us outta those railway tunnels in record time?

[Maria]

(Nine minutes ago...)

[Maria]

... no. No, you don't. In fact, if it were at all possible, you would be getting a negative number of points right now.

[Kohran]

Aw, c'mon, don't be hatin'.

[Ogami]

Speaking of hate... shouldn't we be looking for Iris right about now?

----

----

[Sumire]

Iris-cha~n. You're quite the clever one, aren't you? Now, please come over here.

[Kanna]

There, there. Be a good girl and c'mon over here.

----

----

----
[Ogami]

Great! Good going! Now let's see if we can't calm Iris down and convince h--

----

----

[Kohran]

Ya can't run anymore!

[Kanna]

Look, just be a good girl!

----
[Ogami]

MAN, you guys suck at this.

[Kanna]

Hey, Captain, I know, how about if you came and actually gave us a hand!?

[Ogami]

Oh, no need, I know what's coming next.

[Maria]

... Captain, why are you running away?

----

----
[Ogami]

Sakura-kun! I'm sorry!

[Sakura]

O-Ogami-san!? What--

----

----

[Sakura]

IYAAAAAAAAAA--

[Ogami]

... okay, I lied, I'm not exactly sorry. I'm alive, and that's all that counts!

----

>KANNA takes 9999 damage!
>KANNA has fainted!
>KOHRAN takes 9999 damage!
>KOHRAN has fainted!

>SUMIRE takes 9998 damage!
>SUMIRE loses 999 morale!
>SQUAD IS BROKEN!

----

----

And there goes Iris, ducking deeper into enemy territory.

As if our job wasn't difficult enough already.

----
[Ogami]

Cut our losses, consider ourselves lucky, and run like bats out of hell, leaving Iris and the Hive of Darkness to duke it out and hopefully eliminate each other?

[Maria]

... Captain, do you see what I have in my hands right now?

[Ogami]

It's... a hat?

[Maria]

It is a commissar's hat that Ayame handed to me before we launched. If I put this hat on, I am given the full authorization to shoot anyone in the head for showing signs of cowardice.

[Ogami]

You're kidding. They wouldn't let you do--

[Maria]

:commissar:

[Ogami]

[Maria]

I'll do it, too.

----

----

----

----

[Ogami]

But if we leave it like this, Iris and the townsfolk will get targeted, too...

Ogami leaves a few other reasons unspoken, thinking back to that little bear named Jean-Paul.

[Ogami]

... Iris. Wait for me. I'm coming....

----

[Ogami]

Iris!

----

[Ogami]

.... nah, she ran away. I haven't been able to talk to her yet.

[Sakura]

I see... I'll help, too! Let's hurry and save Iris!!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 24, 2012

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

----

----

[Iris]

Go away---!!

Ogami braced himself for the inevitable blast of raw psychic power that would flatten him (or perhaps Sakura, provided that he could get behind her in time)...

... but the blast never came.

Ogami opened his eyes again, staring as the monstrous girl-demon waved her Koubu's arms around with increasing desperation.

----
[Iris]

I... I can't...? Why!?

----

No-- not monstrous girl-demon...

----
[Ogami]

(... just... a little girl?)

[Iris]

...!

----

----

----

----
[Ogami]

(With... with enough power to pick up a crate and--

[???]

IDIOT!! Don't let your fear--

[Iris]

UuuuoooooaaaaAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH--

----

[Ogami]

What--!?

----

----

[Ogami]

Tsk-!

[Sakura]

Ogami-san! Are you alright!?

----
[Ogami]

That... that was WAY too drat close. At least it was just a crate-- that means that Iris's power is definitely--

[Kohran]

Sumire-han! Are you alright!? Sumire-han!!

[Ogami]

... not something to be underestimated.

[Ogami]

Well, Sumire lived a fruitful (though not particularly long) life, and she will be sorely missed, assuming that we all come out of this alive--

[Sumire]

I'm... I'm alright...

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

That's... that's good to hear and all, but given that your Koubu is not actually mostly THERE anymore... how!?

[Sumire]

I... I ducked. Very, very quickly. Now will you PLEASE hurry up and recover Iris before any more of us suffer through near-death experiences!?

[Ogami]

Welcome to my world.

----

[Ogami]

Don't worry about me. Right now, Iris is more important! We've got to hurry up and chase after her!!

[Sakura]

Yessir!

----

[Sakura]

Ogami-san, this is our chance! If we act now, we'll be able to flank her!!

[Ogami]

Alright! In that case, I'll go from the right! Sakura-kun...

While this is the type of decision that has brought greater men than Ogami to their knees, the cocktail of fear, adrenaline, and imminent doom rattling around Ogami's brain sharpened his mind to a fine cutting edge.

[Ogami]

You go from the left! I'm counting on you!!

[Sakura]

Understood!

----

----

----

----
[Ogami]

You called?

[Iris]

Wha-- why do you answer to "idiot"!?

----

[Ogami]

Iris....

[Iris]

Ah! You're already here!!

The world held its breath as Ogami weighed his decisions.

----

... and the fate of the universe hinged on Ogami deciding NOT to give Iris candy.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 24, 2012

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

[Ogami]

(If I wait just a little longer, Sakura-kun should arrive...)

[Iris]

----
[Ogami]

... you just asked me why I answer to "idiot," didn't you.

[Iris]

Yes! Oniichan, that's just--

[Ogami]

WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!?

[Iris]

!!!

[Iris]

... you're Oniichan.

[Ogami]

WRONG!!

[Iris]

What are you--

[Iris]

Onii~chan~... you're not making any sense at all!

[Ogami]

THAT'S THE PLAN! Sakura-kun, NOW!

----

----

[Iris]

Mmmrgh~!

[Ogami]

Sakura-kun. That was good timing; thanks.

[Sakura]

No, it was thanks to your strategy, Ogami-san.

----
[Ogami]

... even a three-year-old could have thought up that strategy, Sakura-kun.

[Sakura]

But no three-year-old is NEARLY as good-looking as you are, Ogami-san!

[Ogami]

W.... well-played, Sakura-kun. I think.

----

[Iris]

Let me go! I hate you all~!!

[Ogami]

Iris...

----
[Iris]

IF YOU DON'T TELL SAKURA TO LET ME GO, I SHALL FEED YOUR SOULS TO... TO THE... DEMONS OF...

[Ogami]

Even Iris could hear something audible snap in Ogami's mind. Frantically, she reached out mentally, seeking anything that could be used to bolster her own powers, but... somehow, there was almost nothing there (in more ways than one). At this rate, she was going to fall to pre-Ogami levels of impotence...

[Iris]

It's not working... why isn't it working? WHY!?

[Ogami]

... the answer is simple.

[Iris]

Why...? WHY!?

[Ogami]

Your cowardly little Oniichan is dead! He's no longer here to stuff your fat face with enough fear to feed a third-world country!

[Ogami]

But in this hair... and in that stupid ticket-taking outfit... he lives on in me!

[Iris]

That shouldn't matter at all!! You're Oniichan! Your soul is destined to be mine! Mine!!

[Ogami]

I... I am Ichiro Ogami.

[Ogami]

And I've dealt with senile old folks who can't tell the right end of the ticket from the left end! I've dealt with dumbass jerks who think they can cheat me with a counterfeit ticket! I've dealt with snot-faced kids who treat me like dirt and get Maria to shoot me in the kidneys a whole bunch!

[Ogami]

I've survived for MONTHS in this hellhole of a theater! I won't be taken down by a prepubescent little French girl who, quite frankly, frightens me a whole lot less than a woman who stalks me twenty-four-seven and keeps stealing boxers from my drawers!!

[Sakura]

[Ogami]

... i-in any case! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

----

----
[Ogami]

I'M THE GODDAMN TICKET-TAKER!!

----

[Iris]

----

[Iris]

No one really worries about me...

----
Ogami pauses, suddenly uncertain. The fear of Iris-- that fear that plagued him from day one of living in the theater-- had disappeared, at least for now, but so too did the sudden rage disspiate as quickly as it came, leaving him quivering in his seat from the adrenaline rush.

Now what...? Ogami's mind was nothing but a blank. A hot-blooded blank, but a blank nonetheless.

[Ogami]

(C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, there's gotta be something I can say-- if I don't convince her here, my head of steam won't last me forever, and she'll turn into some kind of huge raging one-winged thingamajig with a badass theme song--)

... and suddenly, Ogami remembered just what Ayame had told him right before launching.

[Ogami]

Ah.

It was a horrible idea born of desperation, but...

[Ogami]

(It might be horrible enough to work....!!)

----

Thus, Ogami made the worst decision in his life.

----
[Sakura]

[Sakura]

Ogami-san... I knew it...

[Ogami]

(SHH!! Sakura-kun! It's not like that! I'm begging you! Back me up on this!!)

[Sakura]

But... but...

[Ogami]

I'll... let you peek in on me in the bath.

[Sakura]

But I already--

[Ogami]

No, not just through the cameras that are undoubtedly set up all over the bathroom and activated whenever I take a bath. I meant... IN PERSON.

[Sakura]

!!!

----

[Sakura]

And once you become an adult, no matter how much you want to, you can never go back to being a child.

[Iris]

[Iris]

Oniichan.... you're not lying...

----

[Ogami]

... ggn.

----

[Ogami]

... now, open your hatch...

----

----

[Iris]

Oniiichaaaaan!!

----

----

[Iris]

Oniichan...

With a mental shrug, Iris gave up her dream. With much of her power rendered completely inaccessible, she has absolutely no chance of making Ogami even LOOK at her anymore.

"Just a child," no matter what anyone else says...

----

----

----

But when his lips brushed against her forehead, that was when Iris came to the realization...

... that no matter what happened, or who he would ultimately choose...

[Iris]

Oniichan...

----

... Ichiro Ogami would belong to her... forever.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 24, 2012

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

[Iris]

Okay!!

[Maria]

Iris.... that's wonderful...

[Kanna]

It's your first time out. Do your best, Iris!

[Kohran]

Awright! With this, now the Flower Division's all together!

ROBOT ROLL CALL!

Ogami! "Wha-- my intro got downgraded!?"

Sakura! "Ohboyohboyohboyohboy IT'S BATH TIME!!"

Sumire! "My movements are so graceful that this camera simply cannot keep up~!"

Maria! "... once again, you're already dead."

Kanna! "More spikes! MORE SPIKES!!"

Kohran! "Shall I give ya dis pear?"

I~ri~s! "..."

"Super!"

"Special!"

"Awesome!"

"INTRO!"

----
[Ogami]

HOLY poo poo! SUMIRE!

[Sumire]

W-what? What is it?

[Ogami]

Wasn't your Koubu just... y'know... GONE!? Like, from the waist up?

[Sumire]

Oh, that? Kohran had the foresight to bring a Steam-Powered Repair Kit!

[Ogami]

Oh, I see, that makes PERFECT sense.

[Kohran]

Yup!

[Ogami]

Except that it doesn't! What the HELL, Kohran?

[Kohran]

What, ain't it self-explanatory? The Repair Kit clocked 'er back up 'bout two-hundred HP!

[Ogami]

... Eitch-Pee?

[Kohran]

Yeah! That's more than 'nuff t' heal her up in a jiffy!

[Ogami]

Ha ha... ha ha ha... really now?

[Kohran]

C'mon, this's basic stuff here, Ogami-han! Don't tell me yer losin' it?

[Ogami]

I don't think there's anything left to LOSE.

----

[Kohran]

It ain't gonna be nearly that easy. The Kaminari Gate over there's been closed.

----

[Kohran]

Even an attack by th' Koubu or an airstrike by the Shogeimaru couldn't scratch it.

----
[Ogami]

You're actually suggesting that we DON'T blow something into the atmosphere?

[Kohran]

No!

[Ogami]

What... what's happened to you, Kohran...? Are you sick or anything?

[Kohran]

D... don't rub it in! I'll find a way t' explode somethin' of that magnitude! Just you wait!!

[Ogami]

Jeez, woman, don't scare me like that. I thought that you'd snapped or--

[Kohran]

They said I was madder 'n an adder! But I'll show 'em! I'll show 'em all!!

[Ogami]

All... all right, Kohran, that's enough, you've more than proved your habitual lack of sanity.

----

[Ogami]

What? So that means that we won't be able to get in no matter what!?

----

[Iris]

That's where Iris comes in!
I'll be able to slip through that kind of wall... and come out the other side!

[Ogami]

So that means we have the choice of either destroying the gate, or sending Iris through, huh...

[Rasetsu]

I'll take my revenge for my older brother Setsuna, the brother that you defeated!

----
[Kohran]

Yer related!?

[Rasetsu]

... he'd inherited his looks from our old man. I take after Mama more than anything else.

[Ogami]

... so your mother's kind of like Kanna over here?

[Rasetsu]

Nah, not nearly as huge as THAT.

[Kanna]

Hah! Take THAT, you crazy demon! Mankind can beat you in certain things after all!!

[Sakura]

Kanna-san, is this really something you should be happy about...?

----

[Rasetsu]

By the way, Ogami... before I send you all to the grave, I have one question to ask you...

----

what

i, that

:cry:

----
[Ogami]

I... I CAN'T ANSWER THAT!! Are you trying to get me KILLED or something!?

[Rasetsu]

... yes?

[Ogami]

Curses, you got me there, you cunning bastard.

----

[Ogami]

[Rasetsu]

... I see... so that's all that the entire Flower Division means to you...

----

----

----

[Ogami]

Uwah-- what happened!?

----
[Ogami]

Hm... hahaha! You, uh, you've summoned the wrong Koubu into the deathtrap!!

[Rasetsu]

What!?

[Ogami]

Yes! I'm actually the purple one! In your face, you musclebound gorilla!

[Sumire]

WHAT!?

[Rasetsu]

... really? Hell, I can't tell you apart in those stupid colored trash can things. Alright then, if you insi--

[Sumire]

Do not allow yourself to be so easily fooled!! Our esteemed Ensign is, in fact, riding in the red Koubu!!

[Kanna]

What'd you say, you flouncy little cactus woman?! He's... he's PINK! Real men wear pink!

[Sakura]

That's right!! Please send the pink Koubu to join the white Koubu so that they may be together forever!!

[Iris]

No! I'm Oniichan! It's the yellow Koubu!

[Kohran]

It's th' green one, you dolt! Yes, send th' green Koubu over so that Ogami can repay you tenfold fer that "stupid colored trash can things" comment, an' show you th' power of SCIENCE when it's applied forcefully into your colon!

[Rasetsu]

I, uh.

----

----
[Ogami]

Sonnuvabitch, Sumire, couldn't you have just kept quiet?

[Sumire]

What rational human would have stayed quiet in that sort of situation?

[Ogami]

.... you're rational?

[Sumire]

... I hope those Wakiji tear you apart, Ensign.

----

[Ogami]

Understood!
Right, let's go, everybody! Let's fight to the Kaminarimon's opening mechanism!!

[Iris]

Understood!

NEXT TIME: First Blood!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Dec 24, 2012

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007
Awww... :shobon:

Also, Iris' Koubu has a ribbon on the back. That's so... precious.

I feel like I've eaten a pound of sugar.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
More awesome updates!

:neckbeard:

TapamN
Jan 10, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

ROBOT ROLL CALL
(In the not too distant past/Nineteen Twenty-Three...)
It's a shame Imperial Steam Theater 2000 (Kayama: *TWA~A~ANG*) was cancelled.

Also, in the Dreamcast/Saturn version, the part about catching Iris played differently. You went into battle mode and had to maneuver Oogami and Sakura to opposite sides of Iris' Koubu.

TapamN fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 2, 2008

GoodShipNostalgia
May 7, 2007

"The good ship Nostalgia for Infinity. Still very much as you left her."

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

I... I am Ichiro Ogami.

[Ogami]

And I've dealt with senile old folks who can't tell the right end of the ticket from the left end! I've dealt with dumbass jerks who think they can cheat me with a counterfeit ticket! I've dealt with snot-faced kids who treat me like dirt and get Maria to shoot me in the kidneys a whole bunch!

[Ogami]

I've survived for MONTHS in this hellhole of a theater! I won't be taken down by a prepubescent little French girl who, quite frankly, frightens me a whole lot less than a woman who stalks me twenty-four-seven and keeps stealing boxers from my drawers!!

[Sakura]

[Ogami]

... i-in any case! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

[Ogami]

I'M THE GODDAMN TICKET-TAKER!!

loving awesome. Shine on you crazy ticket-taker you.

Edit: Now I vote you ignore that this ever happened and give Iris the cold shoulder.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
That was much less horrifying than I thought it would be. Did the total insanity slash absurdity of the situation lap itself into becoming something approaching reason?

Or am I just too warped by the whole thing to realize how utterly disturbing the entire experience is?

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Oho~

Well played Ogami. Let the fool think that you don't care about anyone so he'll teleport you behind the very gate he was using to protect himself!

Now if you can just get Sumire in there with you, you can bust out your secret sake stash and we can all enjoy a drunke{Transmission terminated for Violation of Common Decency}

DNE
Nov 24, 2007
I think I like the butt-kicking Ogami. It's good to know the commander can get a grip sometimes.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Now if you can just get Sumire in there with you, you can bust out your secret sake stash and we can all enjoy a drunke{Transmission terminated for Violation of Common Decency}

Y'know, come to think of it, Sumire being 16 does explain the whole extreme alcohol sensitivity thing. She's not actually drunk, she just thinks that's how people are supposed to act when they drink.

(Or, then again, she might just be extremely sensitive to alcohol. My sister once attempted to single-handedly stop the Gulf War after one glass of wine, but that's a story for another time.)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Wait. Was that an MGS2 reference with the hair or am I seeing it wrong?

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
This LP is so awesome. I know people complain that this subforum is full of sucking up, but I'm seriously loving this to bits. I kind of regret that pretty much all updates are so consistently awesome because it would get old if I wrote a post with nothing but gushing in it every time, but that, right there, was EPIC.

I look forward to the day Ogami's awesome hot-blooded hair pierces through the heavens. :kamina:

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
Wow, the resolution to the entire Iris = The Dark one arc was, that was well done Spirit Armor. Honestly, it was quite humorous. So, a vote for Kanna, as the fist of the South needs more love here!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
That was so much burning justice I think I almost shed a tear. But mostly from laughing too hard. :kamina:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Thuryl posted:

Y'know, come to think of it, Sumire being 16 does explain the whole extreme alcohol sensitivity thing. She's not actually drunk, she just thinks that's how people are supposed to act when they drink.

(Or, then again, she might just be extremely sensitive to alcohol. My sister once attempted to single-handedly stop the Gulf War after one glass of wine, but that's a story for another time.)

I dunno. I think it might have something to do with Yoneda. Maybe he's like a master of the Drunken Fist or something and Sumire is his prized pupil...

Oh lord that gives me sixteen varieties of the jibblies :gonk:

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe
I know the thread is full of this, but I just stumbled on your thread a few days ago and I've been hooked. Not only are you translating the game for us, but you're going the extra mile by drawning amazing pictures and writing hilarious extra content as well!
There are few Let's Play threads where I actually laugh out loud while I'm reading them, and this is one of them.

Bravo, Spirit Armor! Bravo!

Of course, now that I'm caught up I have to wait for updates like the rest of the people here instead of having 35 pages to read through at once. On the other hand, now I can vote for poor Ogami's torturer girlfriend! Yay!

Dash Magnum
Jul 25, 2007

That's no moon...
It's a Face Station!
Holy poo poo... references to Gurren Lagaan, All-Star Batman and Robin, and Spartacus. And all in one huge, glorious update. :worship: Utterly awesome.

And I have no idea whether to be amused or frightened by the fact that when Iris's Koubu opens, it fires her out like a cannon. (Okay so she was probably jumping out, but that's what it looked like, dammit!)

Also, like it's been said, fantastic job on your writing. Though it may have started out just as comedic filler, it turned into this awesome side-plot that you handled very well. Well played, indeed.

Now use your ticket-taking powers to send that demon-nazi-lumberjack back to hell! :supaburn:

I love that this game allows me to say "demon-nazi-lumberjack" and with only mild exaggeration!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sparda219
Nov 21, 2007

Just as some things can be right and useless at the same time, can't something be wrong and priceless?
I know that scene with Iris was supposed to be sweet... but with your commentary and... *shudder* Ogami TOUCHED it. o____o But at least he's alive!

Also, Commisar Maria is the best idea ever. I bet that's how she led the others before our favorite Ensign showed up.

"FEAR ME! But FOLLOW!"

• Locked thread