Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

K posted:

Did you now!

Here we go, complete with airbrush of skeleton vomiting all over the hood:

HOOKED. UP. PROJECT. CAR.

I emailed him. I'm pretty sure that hilarity will soon insue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aegri Somnia
Sep 19, 2006

by Fragmaster
I know this is a "humor" thread, but I don't want to make a new thread for this:

1969 Chevelle - Does that sound like a good deal?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

K posted:

Did you now!

Here we go, complete with airbrush of skeleton vomiting all over the hood:

HOOKED. UP. PROJECT. CAR.

I emailed him:

Myself posted:

Hey, I've been looking at your ad for the 91 Accord, and I have a quick question.

How much HP does the new steering wheel and boost gauge add?

Thanks!

Mad Tyte Yo Accord Yo posted:

lol. it fast but does not add hp. but when i get boost the gauges will be needed. thanks.your funny.

At least he seems to recognize humor.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hypnolobster posted:

I emailed him:

At least he seems to recognize humor.

Weird that he's selling the car he's planning to boost.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

Aegri Somnia posted:

I know this is a "humor" thread, but I don't want to make a new thread for this:

bought and shipping to MN as we speak ;)

It does sound like a pretty decent deal. If I were from that area, I'd check it out in person.

Aegri Somnia
Sep 19, 2006

by Fragmaster

Sexy Santorum posted:

bought and shipping to MN as we speak ;)

It does sound like a pretty decent deal. If I were from that area, I'd check it out in person.

Yeah, it's too late. Some bastard dealer bought it and now they're trying to sell it for $14,000 :laffo:

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

craigslist posted:

1984 Volvo 244 DL - 800 OBO - $800

I have a 1984 Volvo 244 DL. The car is blue and 4 door non station wagon. The miles are 272K, the car drives great. Has AM/FM/Cassette player. It has a 2.3L, V5 is an stick shift. Please contact me at (206) 779-2537 if you have any questions or come on by for a test drive.

I can't believe it's selling this cheap! The 2.3L V5 is priceless!

Edit: The V5 was never a popular option because it tended to vibrate a little bit more than the 4 cylinder.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

RealDealNamowicz posted:

How the hell do you install a shiftknob backwards?

Out of all the things wrong with that car, why does that bother me the most hahaha

He heard about those "reverse shift pattern" transmissions used in professional drag racing and decided to install one himself?

Zool posted:

I can't believe it's selling this cheap! The 2.3L V5 is priceless!

Edit: The V5 was never a popular option because it tended to vibrate a little bit more than the 4 cylinder.

Be nice, now. At least he knows that it was a 5-cylinder. You don't know how many times I had to explain the engine and drivetrain layout to other Mazda3 owners.

Seriously, one guy thought he had a V-4 with RWD. :psyduck:

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Ripoff posted:

Be nice, now. At least he knows that it was a 5-cylinder.

Good point, except it's a 4 cylinder.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Ripoff posted:

He heard about those "reverse shift pattern" transmissions used in professional drag racing and decided to install one himself?

Be nice, now. At least he knows that it was a 5-cylinder. You don't know how many times I had to explain the engine and drivetrain layout to other Mazda3 owners.

Seriously, one guy thought he had a V-4 with RWD. :psyduck:

drag shifting is reversed?

Isn't there a VR5 derivative of the VR6?

Mar 27, 2003

It had no choice. Their defense grid was smashed. We'd won. Taking out Carr then would make no difference. Skynet had to wipe out his entire existence!

kimbo305 posted:

Yeah, but the VR5 is only like a 15 degree V IIRC.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

kimbo305 posted:

Yes, it was sold in euromarket B5 Passats (any maybe some other VAG cars)

Lambster Bisque
Dec 31, 2007

by angerbotSD

nm posted:

Yes, it was sold in euromarket B5 Passats (any maybe some other VAG cars)

quote:

In 1997, VW removed a cylinder from the VR6, creating the VR5, the first block to use an uneven number of cylinders in a V design (other than the Honda V3 triples of MotoGP fame). This version, which had a 2.3 L capacity, was capable of 150 PS (110 kW/148 hp) and had a maximum torque of 210 N·m (154 ft·lbf). It was introduced in the Passat in 1997, and later in the Golf and Bora in 1999.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VR6_engine

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

quote:

Nice 1st year red Miata.

Hardtop like new.

Drives well.

What more could I want to know?

Removed phone number because I don't want any of you to buy it out from under me. Joining the AI Miata Army this Saturday.

Zool fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 4, 2008

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

kimbo305 posted:

You know how in most automatics 1st gear is pointed towards the rear of the car, and then you push forward to upshift? They make kits where you reverse the pattern so you have to pull back to upshift instead. I've seen it 50/50 in drag cars with autos so far - I guess it's a preference of the owner of the vehicle.

Zool posted:

Good point, except it's a 4 cylinder.

Well I'm a dumbass. I'd have sworn the I-5 was a 2.3 liter or something small like that.

tayLOVE
Jan 23, 2007

Ripoff posted:

Well I'm a dumbass. I'd have sworn the I-5 was a 2.3 liter or something small like that.

It is, but that specific engine didn't come into existence until the early 90s.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

tayLOVE posted:

It is, but that specific engine didn't come into existence until the early 90s.
And it was only in the 850, not the 240.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
"In other words, don't email me just for more pictures. You should take time out of your schedule to come look at this car based purely on two thumbnails, and you're gonna like it, you fuckin' ingrates."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dukeofurl
Nov 27, 2004
MY GIRLFRIEND UZI BUTT PLUG

VideoTapir posted:

"In other words, don't email me just for more pictures. You should take time out of your schedule to come look at this car based purely on two thumbnails, and you're gonna like it, you fuckin' ingrates."

Don't forget the fact that 95% of craigslist dosent know the difference between "My car is for sale" and "My car is for sell"

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

Aegri Somnia posted:

If I were within 100 miles of that car I'd be checking it out ASAP. I have a particularly nasty 402 big block and 4 speed auto that would be SO VERY MUCH at home in that car.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
This guy decided to make his Sunfire into a Cavalier. Why? We may never know.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
This one is pretty cool. Not $5500 cool, but I've got a soft spot for that body style. Also, oil changes every 400 miles? Free oil or not that is just silly.

http://york.craigslist.org/car/548228626.html

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
An Opel Calibra in Canada? Neato.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/car/594912450.html

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Too bad he didn't post pics... Not a bad looking chavmobile.

I think he's somewhat confused by the octane measurement discrepancies between Euroland and NA

OpelinVancouver posted:

almost all original except for tuning, only runs on 94 or higher octane, in Europe it was run on 100 Octane,could run on 92 but will not put out max power,

I wonder if he actually managed to get it insured for BC - the usual route is the 15 year exemption to allow pretty much anything to be imported, but this isn't old enough. :iiam:

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
also, I'm not aware of any RWD Calibras.....they were FF, and a few were sold with all wheel drive =/

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Jesus Harold Christ. I wish I I had this kind of money to piss away. He could've BOUGHT a Sunfire for less than he sank into this "project", I'm sure.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Obvious -- so he could get those hooknasties to pose in front of his ride.

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
I know I've heard a few people say they would like a mint DSM, well heres one...only loving $30k too.

http://monterey.craigslist.org/car/585394764.html

I love DSMs and all but they arent collectibles or anything, I would actually rather pay $30k for a minty showroom fresh 90.

King
Jun 28, 2006
Not Kong
The BATBIKE!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/595320389.html

It's a rebuilt title, but don't worry - it's not a SALVAGE rebuilt title.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Simkin posted:

Too bad he didn't post pics... Not a bad looking chavmobile.

It took me a second to make myself believe that that pic wasn't rendered. There's something about the fog on the windows that just doesn't look right.

nanodroogie
Apr 27, 2006

The Fritos are antiquated.

streetlamp posted:

I know I've heard a few people say they would like a mint DSM, well heres one...only loving $30k too.

http://monterey.craigslist.org/car/585394764.html

I love DSMs and all but they arent collectibles or anything, I would actually rather pay $30k for a minty showroom fresh 90.

How the hell does that car only have 1,182 miles? I guess someone was hoping it would be a collectible one day. I don't think that day has quite come, though.

opensob
Jul 16, 2005

I am down with brown

Zool posted:

Joining the AI Miata Army this Saturday.

Lucky bastard! Just to twist the knife some more, post what it's like after you pick it up on Saturday. $2k for a running Miata w/ hardtop is a steal.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

nanodroogie posted:

How the hell does that car only have 1,182 miles? I guess someone was hoping it would be a collectible one day. I don't think that day has quite come, though.

"I am the first registered owner."

This makes me nervous. Also, how does a 1999 Mitsubishi just sit somewhere without being scooped up by a dumb ricer?

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
Also I wish it didnt have the bra and that it was black on black which I think was only an option in 99.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

Rear Admiral BOOYA posted:

This makes me nervous. Also, how does a 1999 Mitsubishi just sit somewhere without being scooped up by a dumb ricer?

It may have spent 10 years at a dealership, either as a demo model or as part of some display. It seems nutty to buy a car as an individual and just let it sit in a garage for a decade.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rear Admiral BOOYA posted:

"registered owner" is the correct term, excluding dealers, etc.

Luxmore
Jun 5, 2001

King posted:

The BATBIKE!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/595320389.html

It's a rebuilt title, but don't worry - it's not a SALVAGE rebuilt title.
The airbrushed bird-flippin' on the mirror is pure Batman.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!
1985 Corvette dream car - $1000

http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/596216610.html

I don't know about you guys, but I've always dreamt about a teal C4 Corvette shell on a boat trailer.

EDIT: With a bigass hole in the driver's door.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

madattheinternet posted:

1985 Corvette dream car - $1000

http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/596216610.html

I don't know about you guys, but I've always dreamt about a teal C4 Corvette shell on a boat trailer.

EDIT: With a bigass hole in the driver's door.

DREAMY!

My god....$1000 netted me a Jeep Cherokee RUNNING, sure it has its problems, but drat.

Screw that, I'll buy the trailer though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an audible groan
Jan 2, 2005
NICE TRY SUCKER
http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/597780422.html

quote:

HEY IM SELLING A 1998 NEON ITS WHITE VERY NICE . IF U LIKE SPORTS CARS THIS IS THE CAR 4 U . IT HAS TINTED WINDOWS,NEW TIRES,BOBYKIT,EXHOUST,AND A POWERFULL ENGINE. IT ALSO WILL SAVE U A LOT OF gas .it has 106,000 miles

every day I am surprised by the wonders of the human mind.