Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Gingerbread Wife posted:

Latest version of Firefox and SALR here. I recently got a name change, but when people quote me it hasn't updated itself to highlight the quote of my new name. If I look in old threads, highlighting still works when people quoted my old name. Can I get SALR to recognize my name change?

I know you got this fixed, but logging out and logging in should reset it as well. That's what I did anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Dr Tran posted:

Is New World Order an easter egg or has GBS not updated yet?

If your SA menu has the forum names from last night (when the old WorstAdminEver gag was pulled out of the closet again) on it still, just restart Firefox and visit a thread, it should clean itself up.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

wormil posted:

At this point it looks like the extension: Firefox companion for ebay is the culprit which kind of sucks as it was somewhat useful.

No ideas on why these two extensions, SALR and companion are conflicting? It seems odd considering they appear to be so different.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

This has been posted a couple of times, but not since last year, so I thought I would mention it. If you are looking at a single user's post in a thread (using the ? link), the mouse gestures don't work - they take you to the regular thread, not to the next page of their posts. Just an FYI...

Crash
Mar 29, 2003

ClydeUmney posted:

This has been posted a couple of times, but not since last year, so I thought I would mention it. If you are looking at a single user's post in a thread (using the ? link), the mouse gestures don't work - they take you to the regular thread, not to the next page of their posts. Just an FYI...
I may be misunderstanding you, but clicking on your '?' gives me a threadview with just your posts in this thread (10 at the moment), in other words: works fine for me! :confused:

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Crash posted:

I may be misunderstanding you, but clicking on your '?' gives me a threadview with just your posts in this thread (10 at the moment), in other words: works fine for me! :confused:

Sorry, here's what I mean: if the person has enough posts to go to two pages (try this, for instance), if you try to use the mouse gestures to go to the second page of their posts, it will navigate back into the regular thread, not more of their posts. Does that make any more sense?

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

ClydeUmney posted:

You're right, I thought I had fixed that a while ago, but I guess not. Sorry, I'll try and fix that soon.

Tapeta
Aug 31, 2004
Ekaru Hoppa Do Pe Tapeta

This is the error i get whenever i hit quick reply/quote or whatever in FF 3b4. When I click it the window opens up as usual, although it is about half it's size and the preview window is a little buggy.

Gewgle
Mar 30, 2005
Sometimes I like to ride my bicycle
I'm using firefox 3 beta 4 and I noticied I no longer can star/ignore threads from right clicking :(

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
I'm having a problem with my drop-down menu; it says "visit a forum to reload" even though I've visited several forums as well as the main index. How can I clear this out? Closing and restarting Firefox doesn't fix it.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.12 and SALR 1.99.080122. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

"... call the expert at kissing and stuff..."
Do we have big plans for SALR, given that the forums CSS is about to radically change...?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sergeant Rock posted:

Do we have big plans for SALR, given that the forums CSS is about to radically change...?

Eh, we'll see. It's still a couple months off.
It might be a good excuse for me to do a complete rewrite & restructuring of SALR.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Thanks a lot for still maintaining this. My browser feels naked without the SA menu, and all the tweaks you guys made should be blatantly stolen by other forum software.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

I just reformatted my MacBook, and all of a sudden I can no longer submit anything from the quick reply windows. I type my posts just fine, but the 'submit' button is shaded green and unclickable.

Oh yeah, this is FF3B4. It all worked fine yesterday.

A lot of the time if I copy the text to paste into a regular reply window, it won't have even copied. It's like it was never typed.

Huh, now that's really loving weird. I hit command-a, then command-c to paste it into a regular reply window, and the submit button started working.

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
I am using Firefox 2, the latest version. When I have the option checked to hide edit for other users except myself, it hides my edit as well. When I uncheck this, I can see my edit as well as everyone else's obviously. Not sure if this is a known issue or not. This is problematic because I just made my first megathread and I need to update the OP.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Phillyt posted:

I am using Firefox 2, the latest version. When I have the option checked to hide edit for other users except myself, it hides my edit as well. When I uncheck this, I can see my edit as well as everyone else's obviously. Not sure if this is a known issue or not. This is problematic because I just made my first megathread and I need to update the OP.

Out of curiousity, did SALR highlight your quote for you in purple? It *might* be that it hasn't cached your username/id so it doesn't know who you are.

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

pik_d posted:

Out of curiousity, did SALR highlight your quote for you in purple? It *might* be that it hasn't cached your username/id so it doesn't know who you are.

Weird. It used to but now it isn't. After I unchecked it, you quoting me is just normal.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Phillyt posted:

Weird. It used to but now it isn't. After I unchecked it, you quoting me is just normal.

This was on the last page, and should fix your issue. The second quote was after someone said the first way didn't work.

duz posted:

I believe going to your control panel should reset your saved name. That or the forums home.

duz posted:

Then open up about:config and reset/clear the values of extensions.salastread.username and extensions.salastread.userId

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

pik_d posted:

This was on the last page, and should fix your issue. The second quote was after someone said the first way didn't work.

Ah ok, I'll check it out. Thanks.

And it worked! Thanks.

Phillyt fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 21, 2008

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
Is it possible to turn off the SALR last-read buttons (the green and red ones)? The major reason I use it is for the menu and I actually like the default forum setup for last read stuff.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Danhenge posted:

Is it possible to turn off the SALR last-read buttons (the green and red ones)? The major reason I use it is for the menu and I actually like the default forum setup for last read stuff.

Yep, just uncheck the two `Use this icon` boxes on the forums pane of the config.
You may also need to uncheck everything in the features section right above them.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

duz posted:

Yep, just uncheck the two `Use this icon` boxes on the forums pane of the config.
You may also need to uncheck everything in the features section right above them.

Ok, the issue is that those boxes weren't actually checked in the default install so I assumed they were unrelated. The boxes that would list a location were also empty. I checked and then unchecked them, and it was fixed.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Danhenge posted:

Ok, the issue is that those boxes weren't actually checked in the default install so I assumed they were unrelated. The boxes that would list a location were also empty. I checked and then unchecked them, and it was fixed.

Are you using Firefox 3?

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

duz posted:

Are you using Firefox 3?

Yeah. I suppose that's part of the "sort of compatible" caveat?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Danhenge posted:

Yeah. I suppose that's part of the "sort of compatible" caveat?

Yep. The preferences panels don't always load correctly in FF3 and I havn't figured out why yet.

PowerLlama
Mar 11, 2008

So I used this for a bit the other day, and it seemed to slow down page rendering quite a bit.

Also I had no idea how to get the forum list to come up.

On a mac with FF3b4

Atrus
Dec 5, 2003

"The ending has not yet been written."

Ask me about CONTRIBUTING TO THE DEATH OF VIDEOGAMES

PowerLlama posted:

Also I had no idea how to get the forum list to come up.
You need to go to the root of the forums first. That's how SALR updates it's forums list.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Atrus posted:

You need to go to the root of the forums first. That's how SALR updates it's forums list.
Uhhhhhhh...no it's not. It pulls it from the drop down at the bottom of each thread/forum. Which is not in the forum index.

Atrus
Dec 5, 2003

"The ending has not yet been written."

Ask me about CONTRIBUTING TO THE DEATH OF VIDEOGAMES

Disgustipated posted:

Uhhhhhhh...no it's not. It pulls it from the drop down at the bottom of each thread/forum. Which is not in the forum index.
Hua. Well, going to the forums route clears up this problem when I get it. :confused:

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
The ability to set images to be resized to static dimensions is incredibly useful when you're browsing on a small screen...almost every image broke the tables on my eee pc.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

The Remote Viewer posted:

The ability to set images to be resized to static dimensions is incredibly useful when you're browsing on a small screen...almost every image broke the tables on my eee pc.

Helloooo Greasemonkey script if I end up buying that laptop and need more customization for this. HTML shrinking all images inside <td class="postbody"> shouldn't be too hard if I can filter out emoticons. (having a title attribute seems to be a dead giveaway).

Zorilla fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 23, 2008

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Zorilla posted:

Helloooo Greasemonkey script if I end up buying that laptop and need more customization for this. HTML shrinking all images inside <td class="postbody"> shouldn't be too hard if I can filter out emoticons. (having a title attribute seems to be a dead giveaway).

I'm pretty sure SALR can already constrain images to a given size.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
I have feature request. The forums also resize pictures in quotes and it annoys me. Sorry, I am that petty.
Would you consider adding a toggleable feature that undoes this?

Darth Mirth
Dec 12, 2004

Jedi business.
Go back to your drinks.

Lollerich posted:

I have feature request. The forums also resize pictures in quotes and it annoys me. Sorry, I am that petty.

Yeah, they used to be clickable so you could at least see the full-size version. Now I have to right click -> View Image and it is annoying.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Darth Mirth posted:

Yeah, they used to be clickable so you could at least see the full-size version. Now I have to right click -> View Image and it is annoying.

The problem is that if the quoted image was a thumbnails pointing to a full image hosted elsewhere, the forum would override that link and leave you with a tiny picture that couldn't be properly viewed without backtracking to the original post.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Lollerich posted:

By default it doesn't convert quoted images, double check extensions.salastread.dontConvertQuotedImages to make sure.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

duz posted:

By default it doesn't convert quoted images, double check extensions.salastread.dontConvertQuotedImages to make sure.
It's set to true. Maybe it works correctly and I didn't notice.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

This may have been addressed but I haven't noticed:

I'm using this extension on a Mac. On my Windows machine the forum lists in extension's menu are properly indented and I can middle click on them to open several in individual tabs. On my Mac, however, the forum lists are not indented and middle clicking only opens the forum in the current tab.

I am using the latest version of SALR and FF 2.0.0.12.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Firefox on the Mac doesn't like how we style the menus. We tried changing it to work on the Mac but then it stopped working on everything else.
I don't know if FF3 fixes this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

duz posted:

Firefox on the Mac doesn't like how we style the menus. We tried changing it to work on the Mac but then it stopped working on everything else.
I don't know if FF3 fixes this.

FF3 doesn't fix this (well, at least beta 4 doesn't). I submitted a fix for this to svn last year (at the same time as fixing another OSX related bug that escapes me), but it didn't make it into the releases for whatever reason. I've been meaning to ask you why, but never got round to it.

Basically my "fix" was to remove the CSS based indentation (that doesn't get honoured in OSX) and replace it with hard spaces. Doing that worked for me on OSX and Windows, but I didn't have a Linux machine to test on.

• Locked thread