Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
Posting because I <3 Weekend Nachos.

Who's going to Trash Talk in Syracuse, NY blazed as gently caress on 4/20?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

EvilRobot posted:

Going to take that as a no. Well you all missed crowd surfing on a boogie board and seriously rad circle pits. At least my PA kids showed up and puked in my trash can.

:colbert:

I haven't been down to Raleigh in awhile. I was gonna try and make it down for the Brutal Knights, Double Negative show but a bunch of ridiculous unexpected bills had to pop up.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

caleb posted:

Posting because I <3 Weekend Nachos.
Hilarious band, they're one of the only chicago bands people know about for whatever reason.. which sparked lead singer John's altercation with the guy from ANS (who I guess was roadie for Vitamin X?) who said Rager was the only good band out of Chicago. John flipped out on him with a list of monumental bands (anything's better than Rager) which was probably just Sidewalk written over and over (although I hear he underlined Crudos).

John's written some hilarious letters in MRR and some random zines, I think I posted one excerpt in this thread.

Brutal Knights played this weekend and let Chronic Seizure play last which was awkward but good. Catburglars opened and they were the worst I'd seen them which really isn't saying much, but I love that band more than most locals. Retainers played their first set in a while too and rocked.

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

caleb posted:

Who's going to Trash Talk in Syracuse, NY blazed as gently caress on 4/20?

Who's going to Baroness, Genghis Tron, and Converge on 4/20 in Phoenix?

Not that many people probably.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
My 4/20 will be spent seeing Have Heart and Blacklisted.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.

rivals posted:

Off topic a little but I really miss the northeast 4-20 Fest.

Fliers for a nearly all edge show with pot leafs all over it, and always great lineups. No one wants to do any of the fun one day fests up here anymore.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I'm attending a punk show with yet-announced bands on 4/20. I was debating whether I should show up or not but they're promising milk and cookies for anyone with bloodshot eyes :3:

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

answersyouseek posted:

I haven't been down to Raleigh in awhile. I was gonna try and make it down for the Brutal Knights, Double Negative show but a bunch of ridiculous unexpected bills had to pop up.

Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can get someone to cover for me that day and that I manage to keep my finances in order to make it out. I was loving wiped out after the Waste though. Could barely get out of bed to work the next night. Getting old is bullshit.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

rivals posted:

Man I love have heart.
It's a real shame all the 12 year old human being kids over here seem to have made them their favourite band.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

kirkjames posted:

Who's going to Baroness, Genghis Tron, and Converge on 4/20 in Phoenix?

Not that many people probably.

Who Calls So Loud is playing Phoenix on 4/20, but its a Matinee with possibly a BBQ/Potluck. It should be awesome!

Annihilation Time was last night, and it was crazier than Despise You playing last weekend for some reason. Phoenix is so weird sometimes.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
e:n/m

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

kirkjames if you go see Baroness and Ghengis Tron over Who Calls So Loud you deserve to die.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

rivals posted:

kirkjames if you go see Baroness and Ghengis Tron over Who Calls So Loud you deserve to die.

For real. I never had the chance to see Funeral Diner (arguably my favourite band ever) so I'd go see WCSL in a heartbeat.

Baroness and GT are amazing too though, I'd hate to have to pass on that bill.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

rivals posted:

Well it should be in the early/lateish afternoon, probably around 3 or 4 but i'm not positive yet, but he should be able to make both. Plus a BBQ! With food!

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Does anyone have ...WCSL's EP.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
EP? Their first release will be that 2x10" coming out next month. As far as I know it hasn't leaked -- err.. scratch that, I just checked again.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Oh man, Tragedy house show in PDX this Friday. Best way to start a spring break ever!

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

Iron Lung posted:

Well it should be in the early/lateish afternoon, probably around 3 or 4 but i'm not positive yet, but he should be able to make both. Plus a BBQ! With food!

Oh man this choice was gonna kill me even though I would probably choose WCSL. I love Converge though and would love to see both!

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news
taking this chance to let everyone know about the underground Southern California music scene; still alive, still punk

From my home, the Inland Empire

Rogue State

Frantic, chaotic prog hardcore. Listen if you're into Kidcrash, At the Drive-in, Glass and Ashes.

Dogs of Ire

Darker side of screamo. Listen if you're into Neil Perry, Encore Fou.

Dohrn

Grindy, technical and way chaotic. Listen if you're into most Orchid offspring.

Young Favorites

Black Flag meets Botch

Judas

Way heavy powerviolence with EyeHateGod and Crossed Out influence

Restrained

"Last year this California five-piece released a heck of a demo tape; one that had me quite excited to hear more from them. Well here we are in 2008 and what I have before me is the brand new 7” from Restrained. Like their previous release, the songs on this EP are filled with short, raw, and pissed off hardcore punk. Opening cut “Compliant” sets the stage with punishing drumming and crushing guitars while vocalist Kevan belts out some sickening screams. Primarily the songs operate out of the Tragedy-inspired style of punk, but there are flourishes of 90's metallic hardcore (Integrity) and repetitious metal (Neurosis) heard throughout the EP. Closer “The End” is a fine display of the band's more brooding metal side and an apt closing to this EP. A bruising combination of hardcore, d-beat, and metal consisting of six songs in eleven minutes; that is what you get with Restrained. Prepare to be destroyed." - ScenePointBlank review of the 7"

from Los Angeles

Cathedrals

Members of Bleeding Kansas. Influenced from bands such as OMG, His Hero is Gone, Breather Resist.

Touche Amore

Reminds me of Hope Conspiracy meets Page 99

there's so many more from LA, namely a lot of stoner/doom/postrock bands but that's another time

from Orange County

Neon Claws

Listen if you're into The Swarm.

Seven Generations

Listen if you're into 90's hardcore. Vegan Straight Edge

Archetypes

Listen if you're into Botch, Breather Resist

Keep in mind theres tons and tons of awesome bands coming from California that I haven't mentioned, these are just bands I've played with and have contact with.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

Found Touche Amore through one of the members' threads on B9. Really really good stuff.

Checking out a bunch of the other ones now.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

lifeloveregret posted:

Rogue State

Frantic, chaotic prog hardcore. Listen if you're into Kidcrash, At the Drive-in, Glass and Ashes.
I forgot how I found these guys, but I was pretty impressed with them. Do you know if they're going to put out more stuff anytime soon? they don't seem to have a lot of stuff.

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news
Rogue State, Dogs of Ire, and Dohrn share members, and they're all part of Ethospine Noise records. I'm actually playing a show with Rogue State tomorrow so I'll ask them.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white
I'll second that Restrained is loving awesome.

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news

Big Blue Violence posted:

I'll second that Restrained is loving awesome.

Thank you!

That was shameless self-promotion on my part, but I really appreciate feedback.

Our new 7" just dropped a couple months ago, and we're working on splits with the bands Cathedrals and The Separation, and a 10" later on.

Also, we're heading out to Arizona, Utah and Nevada in a couple weeks.

Full U.S. this Summer, European tour next spring

Backup Snacks
Jan 27, 2006

WHO THE FUCK TOLD ME NOT TO SPOKE?
What's the consensus on I Hate Myself? I know a lot of it is done tongue in cheek, but I've been genuinely enjoying 10 Songs since I got it yesterday.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I love it. Get 2 songs also, one of those is my favorite song from them. I can't remember the name but it's the one that's not Darren's Room.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

http://www.myspace.com/onhc

ON.

Ex-Champion.

Seem pretty decent if a little boring. Vital times is my favourite song from the 4.
Hope this hasn't been posted and I just missed it.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

A5H posted:

ON.

Ex-Champion.

Seem pretty decent if a little boring. Vital times is my favourite song from the 4.

Score! Thanks for posting that.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

You're leaving out important stuff! Ex Champion, GIA, Blue Monday, and Lights Out, IIRC.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Heh sorry. I thought champion would be the band people were into here :)

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access

A5H posted:

ON.

Ex-Champion.

Sounds pretty good, I'll be picking up the 7".

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah, I'm just super loving excited that Jim's in another band. Pretty much all those dudes were in awesome bands though so I don't imagine I will be let down by anything they put out.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I love ON's official website name.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
sup GISM/Comes split, hosed Up/Hard Skin split

:love:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I am looking for some hardcore/crossover stuff that talks about how people are hosed up and have no morals or integrity.
Properly angry stuff please.
Something like shai hulud with more misanthropy.
You'd think it would be easy to find such themes in hardcore but hardly anything seems to.
I don't mean tough guy poo poo.
Hopefully someone knows what I mean and can help me out :)

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Shai Hulud is terrible but you could check out The Aftermath.

I won't spoil it but check out the lyrics afterwards.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Not an Anthem posted:

Shai Hulud is terrible but you could check out The Aftermath.

I won't spoil it but check out the lyrics afterwards.

Got a link or anything???
On myspace I ended up with some indie nu rave or something?

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Somebody in here said this didn't exist.

I feel oddly vindicated.

ps the price has already gone up 10 dollars in the time it took me to post this.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

EvilRobot posted:

Somebody in here said this didn't exist.

I feel oddly vindicated.

ps the price has already gone up 10 dollars in the time it took me to post this.

Who said that didn't exist? I've known about it for years. It's not very good to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

New Blacklisted is streaming on their myspace, if you haven't heard it already: http://www.myspace.com/blacklisted

I'm going to go "out there" and say this isn't one of the best hardcore records I've heard recently, but one of the best I've ever heard.