Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
I've heard good things about it, but I've never been able to get into their recorded poo poo even though I love them live. Checking this out now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Who said that didn't exist? I've known about it for years. It's not very good to be honest.

I kinda like it :colbert:

Someone on here had a theory that it was just put out on file share programs by the surviving members and that the ep was never actually pressed. Mostly because it doesn't show up too often. Most people know it exists. I don't personally know anyone who owns it.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.

rivals posted:

I've heard good things about it, but I've never been able to get into their recorded poo poo even though I love them live. Checking this out now though.

The recording on this is worlds beyond everything they've ever done...Kurt Ballou produced it and they nailed every little detail. George's vocals are drat near perfect, and the tone for the entire record is soooo heavy. A little sad to see two reprises of songs already on "Peace on Earth War on Stage" but at least they're two loving incredible songs.

"You've never laid in the beds that I've made, don't tell me about being afraid, you've never died the ways that I've died, what do you know about screaming to God?"

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!
Saw Who Calls So Loud tonight, pretty good, although I wish the lead singer hadn't had his back turned to the crowd the whole time, I would have liked to see his face more WINK WINK.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I listened to a few of the Blacklisted songs and they were great. Preordered the LP.

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
Let's all post bands that sound exactly like Banner Pilot (so that I can check them all out too, because Banner Pilot are so loving loving loving loving amazing it isn't even funny).

1) Brendan's songs in The Lawrence Arms
2) ???

HELP ME OUT HERE! And if you haven't done so yet, check out Banner Pilot.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn
I'm gonna put this nicely in case it hasn't been posted here:
You all need to listen to The Last Resort.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Charleston Jew posted:

Saw Who Calls So Loud tonight, pretty good, although I wish the lead singer hadn't had his back turned to the crowd the whole time, I would have liked to see his face more WINK WINK.

Hey, I was there too. They were awesome. I think the lead singer was a little nervous, and he had a hard time playing his bass and singing at the same time. They played Assume the Power Focus, which is my jam.

I think that one guitarist of theirs is like 15 years old.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

ddonahue99 posted:

Hey, I was there too. They were awesome. I think the lead singer was a little nervous, and he had a hard time playing his bass and singing at the same time. They played Assume the Power Focus, which is my jam.

I think that one guitarist of theirs is like 15 years old.

Wait they have Dave Mello and Matt Bajda though right.

So the other guitarist is 15 and the bass player is also the singer? Cool.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Capitan Dad posted:

Wait they have Dave Mello and Matt Bajda though right.

So the other guitarist is 15 and the bass player is also the singer? Cool.

Exactly. Well, the guitarist looks very young, not sure how old he actually is.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
I can't wait for my Blacklisted pre-order to ship. That and my Ceremony Sound & Fury press and my Hope Conspiracy "Death Knows Your Name" from eBay.

:love:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Xithyl posted:

Hope Conspiracy "Death Knows Your Name".

The first track of that album is just so loving heavy, it's amazing.

Also, I've been listening to Neil Perry's Lineage Situation again after months. I really wish half the songs didn't sound like they were encoded at 30kbps :(

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What's the general opinion on life long tragedy?
I'm loving sweet innocence for some reason.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I think they're okay. I have Destined For Anything and I listen to it every once in a while. Haven't heard anything off the new album though.

EDIT: Also to Parachute, I totally agree with you. That album is loving amazing though.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all

Xithyl posted:

I can't wait for my Blacklisted pre-order to ship. That and my Ceremony Sound & Fury press and my Hope Conspiracy "Death Knows Your Name" from eBay.

:love:

New Blacklisted is pretty loving sick. It's not one of the best hardcore records ever, but of the new class it's up there. That Hope Conspiracy album is real good too. Took me 2 listens to really get it, but it's got a couple jams on it that I immediately turn to when pissed off.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
wow PoP are doing 4 reunion shows and ebullition is releasing a discog....did not see this coming.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Oh drat. Have they announced dates?

acup
Sep 11, 2001

No specific dates yet. Here's the link:
http://shanedanger.blogspot.com/2008/03/portraits-of-past-reunion.html

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

gently caress. YES. Portraits Of Past at the Gilman! Holy poo poo I'm so stoked.

Iridox
Feb 5, 2004

Cathab posted:

Let's all post bands that sound exactly like Banner Pilot (so that I can check them all out too, because Banner Pilot are so loving loving loving loving amazing it isn't even funny).

1) Brendan's songs in The Lawrence Arms
2) ???

HELP ME OUT HERE! And if you haven't done so yet, check out Banner Pilot.
Nothington, Hot Water Music, Dillinger Four, Dead to Me, The Flatliners (Get their newest album, I haven't heard their older stuff but I think it's supposed to have more ska influence), Riverboat Gamblers, Grabass Charlestons

You should probably check out The Gaslight Anthem too. They don't sound much like what you're asking for, but it seems like everyone who loves TLA and all of the other orgcore bands loves these guys too.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Holy poo poo! It's Iridox!

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004

Iridox posted:

Nothington, Hot Water Music, Dillinger Four, Dead to Me, The Flatliners (Get their newest album, I haven't heard their older stuff but I think it's supposed to have more ska influence), Riverboat Gamblers, Grabass Charlestons

You should probably check out The Gaslight Anthem too. They don't sound much like what you're asking for, but it seems like everyone who loves TLA and all of the other orgcore bands loves these guys too.

I've listened to all of those bands except for The Flatliners and Dead to Me (whom I will be checking out ASAP).

While they're all awesome bands (Nothington especially), they don't really have the same feel to Banner Pilot (that super-fast, energetic, melodic music with those awesome raspy vocals). Maybe I just have to accept that the reason Banner Pilot are so awesome, is because they're pretty unique in a way.

The worst part about all these amazing bands like the ones you listed is that they all seem to be JUST small enough to never really make it over to Australia to tour. Oh well!

Thanks for the recommendations man.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Cathab posted:

I've listened to all of those bands except for The Flatliners and Dead to Me (whom I will be checking out ASAP).

While they're all awesome bands (Nothington especially), they don't really have the same feel to Banner Pilot (that super-fast, energetic, melodic music with those awesome raspy vocals). Maybe I just have to accept that the reason Banner Pilot are so awesome, is because they're pretty unique in a way.

The worst part about all these amazing bands like the ones you listed is that they all seem to be JUST small enough to never really make it over to Australia to tour. Oh well!

While I haven't heard BP and you seem to know HWM, their earlier albums seem right up your alley.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
So if I really dig The Lawrence Arms and Propagandhi, who else should I look for? I am a Strung Out fan (well, their first few releases) and I would like to find something that fits this staple.

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004

Iridox posted:

Thankyou so much for The Flatliners recommendation. Jesus lord, they're incredible.

To the guy above me: Banner Pilot and The Flatliners! Haha.

Iridox
Feb 5, 2004

Cathab posted:

Thankyou so much for The Flatliners recommendation. Jesus lord, they're incredible.
Yeah, I knew there wasn't anything too obscure in my list, but they were the best matches I could think of. Glad you found something new you liked.

rivals posted:

Holy poo poo! It's Iridox!
Hah, do you still play poker? I am eternally stuck at NL 200 because I get too frustrated with the swings and keep taking extended breaks from playing. And because I'm not very good, I guess.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Dave Verellen is doing vox again :unsmith::respek::shobon:

http://deathwishinc.com/files/narrows.lifevestsfloatkidsdont.mp3

His new band Narrows just signed to Deathwish, and the new song sounds loving awesome. I can't wait for their album.

Also, payday! Just bought:

Envy - Compiled Fragments 1997-2003 2xLP
Envy - Abyssal EP LP
Envy - Transfovista DVD

I was originally going to buy just the two LPs but then the clerk said, "Hey, you seen this yet?" and threw the DVD on the counter and I couldn't resist despite my wallet biting my hand :smithicide:

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Iridox posted:

Hah, do you still play poker? I am eternally stuck at NL 200 because I get too frustrated with the swings and keep taking extended breaks from playing. And because I'm not very good, I guess.

I haven't played since August. Alex staked me for nl100 in July and I made 15 buyins at a solid rate and then one day I woke up with no desire to play and it hasn't come back yet. I still have a ton of cakebux too because I haven't settled it with Alex yet haha. The only person I still keep in regular contact with is Jim.

SpacePiper
Jun 16, 2003
Hippo [NOT FURRY]

Cathab posted:

Monikers.
New Bruises.
The Sidekicks.

Steve Beans
Jan 3, 2004

Iridox posted:

Along the Dillinger Four route there's also Off With Their Heads, who I've already demonstrated my obsession with in the vinyl thread, but they're seriously great raspy midwestern pop-punk, Dear Landlord, who are similar and also awesome but have only released like 5 songs total, and The Brokedowns, who are a bit harder but constantly compared to D4

http://www.myspace.com/offwiththeirheads
http://www.myspace.com/letslynchthedearlandlord
http://www.myspace.com/thebrokedowns

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007
Pink Razors tomorrow!

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!
More pop punk goodness recommendations: The Broadways, and Latterman.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Okay I was wondering: This thread's tag automatically makes you go "because of TV Party" right. I had assumed this for a long time was wondering if everyone was on the same page.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Charleston Jew posted:

Oh god, Latterman. :swoon:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Capitan Dad posted:

Okay I was wondering: This thread's tag automatically makes you go "because of TV Party" right. I had assumed this for a long time was wondering if everyone was on the same page.

I don't know, but it makes it easier to spot the thread.

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access
Can someone recommend some bands similar to Sabertooth Zombie? I've got their split with Life Long Tragedy and it's some good poo poo.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Charleston Jew posted:

Latterman are great. Totally feel-good music.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Gas discography rules

Leaving for the UK tomorrow I will be moshing with polish and austrian large foreheaded motherfuckers oi oi oi

Matt I have some 7"s and a tshirt for you if you get this encrypted spy message

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

Gas discography rules

gently caress yeah it does. I actually got the Japanese CD version that was released a few years prior to the Partners In Crime released LP, and it has an awesome video on it. Their singer's hair is loving crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

http://www.myspace.com/lifelessboro

Some of you guys might like these.
A few mates in a band who are inspired by the waste I guess.

Anyway worth a listen at least.