Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

oh man I want one

where are you getting this!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007
Why the Reel Big Fish shop my good man!

http://66.216.107.51/

I swear to god, that's the url. I got it off their myspace. You can buy with Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, and Discovery.

Jerc Jast
May 6, 2004

Yo Noid
drat! It says they are unavailable. I've been wanting some of the wax for a while.

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007
Yes! I snagged one of the sets before they sold out!

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

alvinthegreat posted:

I didn't realize the Bosstones had recorded another album since Jackknife to a Swan.

Oh wait, checking my facts. They haven't yet. There's just a compilation album. Looks like "Katie" was from the Jackknife recording sessions, but didn't make it onto the CD.
Oh hay, I didn't realize Medium Rare was a compilation. Still, it is apparently almost entirely new-to-CD -- Wiki says three new songs, nine previously unreleased tracks and some rare B-sides.

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007
RBF just put up a bunch of vintage shirts that they found in a warehouse. Limited sizes though.

alvinthegreat
Feb 23, 2008

mix.lunar posted:

RBF just put up a bunch of vintage shirts that they found in a warehouse. Limited sizes though.

Aw, I just wish I had some money, so I could grab a bunch of those.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

mix.lunar posted:

Yes! I snagged one of the sets before they sold out!

Dammit. I saw that this morning, but I was running late for work, and I was gonna order the set tonight. Luckily, they're still offering a two pack of the older vinyls for $10. Sold! Now I have to go plunk down more money for some of the LTJ reissues. Anyone joining me in that?

Unrelated, but I got to see Taj Motel Trio in Philly on Sunday. They put on a damned good show, and the new album is pretty rockin'. You should definitely go see them when they go on tour again.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
Yesterday was my birthday, and though it hasn't come in yet, my friend got me the Serious Awesomeness! Aquabats dvd. I can't even begin to describe the joy! I was under the impression it was out of print, but I guess I was wrong. Does anyone else own it?

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

seventeen posted:

Yesterday was my birthday, and though it hasn't come in yet, my friend got me the Serious Awesomeness! Aquabats dvd. I can't even begin to describe the joy! I was under the impression it was out of print, but I guess I was wrong. Does anyone else own it?

I do and it's an awesome dvd. It's got tons of old footage, great fight scenes, and you can't beat 2 discs of the Aquabats just rocking out.

The Banana Pee
Feb 16, 2007

Bana - not long enough. Bananana - dammit!

WaffleZombie posted:

Unrelated, but I got to see Taj Motel Trio in Philly on Sunday. They put on a damned good show, and the new album is pretty rockin'. You should definitely go see them when they go on tour again.

I didn't even know that TTMT were still together. I'll have to see if they come around here soon. She's Mad is one of the best third wave ska songs ever.

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007

The Banana Pee posted:

I didn't even know that TTMT were still together. I'll have to see if they come around here soon. She's Mad is one of the best third wave ska songs ever.

You realize that the "Josh Wow" you posted under is their bassist and that they have a new album called 'Part of the Problem' right?

The Banana Pee
Feb 16, 2007

Bana - not long enough. Bananana - dammit!

mix.lunar posted:

You realize that the "Josh Wow" you posted under is their bassist and that they have a new album called 'Part of the Problem' right?

I do now.

So hey Josh. Love your band. Sup?

dragoonz
Mar 1, 2006
into unborn photographs

Mysterious Aftertaste posted:

I have never seen a bad LTJ show.

Although I live in Florida.

Last time i saw them (the only time) my friends wanted to leave because they're all metal heads and can't deal with the vocalist. I wasn't really happy.

The Banana Pee posted:

Despite having such a "happy" sound RBF and especially Aaron have been very depressed and tormented people. Listen to any one of their CDs with the exception of Cheer Up! (which I think is their best, because it isn't whiny) and you'll hear the rantings of some really troubled people.

I always figured they were just tongue in cheek, contrasting happy upbeat tunes with depressing/whiney lyrics. It's a pity too, because they're all really talented musicians. It always seemed a "well life sucks, but who gives a gently caress" vibe. Take beer for example

And even in S.R. they ask to just wait a while so they can get their style right.

We can only hope for the next album, really.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Bad Manners hit Toronto tonight and then onto I don't know where. Good times, time for stompin.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

seventeen posted:

I have that DVD and it is indeed seriously awesome.

dragoonz posted:

Last time i saw them (the only time) my friends wanted to leave because they're all metal heads and can't deal with the vocalist. I wasn't really happy.

Didn't you inform them that all his best friends are metalheads?

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007
Hey guys, guess what came in the mail today? Monkeys for Nothin' and the Chimps for Free!, Vacationing in Palm Springs, and Teen Beef!

If anyone was wondering, the special songs that are only on MfNatCfF are "Bang! The Mouse Explodes" and "Cannibal (Dance Mix)".

StrikerObi
Aug 1, 2003
SECharger73 hates sad reminders :[
LTJ's In With the Out Crowd get way too much hate. Sure, half the album is entirely mediocre but has a couple absolutely amazing tracks on it. A Still Life Franchise and P.S. Shock the World are two of their best songs ever in my opinion. I've got a personal love for Soundtrack of My Life because it reminds me of listening to Less Than Jake for the past 10 years.

Also, if you haven't heard any of the IWTOC B-sides, do yourself a favor and get them all (Negative Sides of Optimistic Eyes, We the Uninspired, Even Trophy Boys and Girls get the Blues, Only Human). They're all really really good. Oh, and Overrated's alternate lyrics are so much loving better than the ones on the album. They manage to turn the entire song into a searing satire of the pop-punk/emo scene.

Anyway, here's my order of albums

Hello Rockview > Borders & Boundaries > Pezcore > Losing Streak > anthem. (& B is for B Sides) > In With the Out Crowd

I like them all for different reasons too.

Hello Rockview - Honestly the perfect punk/ska album in my opinion. The extra trombone really pumps everything up, as does the organ that shows up on a few songs.

Borders & Boundaries - I hated this album at first, there was probably no way to avoid that seeing as it came out after HR. I think it's really great now. It's the point in the band's history where Vinnie's lyrics start getting really insightful.

Pezcore - You can hear the squeak of the bass drum pedal during the intro to Where the Hell is Mike Sinkovich. That sound makes this entire album for me. It's so loving raw.

Losing Streak - Less Than Jake at the peak of their piss & vinegar stage.

anthem. - Didn't like this one very much at first either. Later I realized it has some of their best guitar riffs ever. The guitars are so awesome on this album.

In With the Out Crowd - They're getting hosed hard by Warner Bros on this album, but a few tracks (mentioned above) manage to break through and be loving amazing.

I'm really excited for whatever comes out of their new Sleep it Off label album. So much promise...

I've been trying to get into LTJ vinyl for awhile now, but it's such a daunting task. I went to a free show in Gainesville a few months ago and managed to score or $10 a copy of Losers, King... on green vinyl. Apparently it's limited to 200 copies. They were just selling it among a bunch of stuff they found in their warehouse. It was a collector-nerd's wetdream at that show. They were throwing 7"s into the crowd like nobody's business. Sadly I didn't manage to snag one :(

StrikerObi fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 22, 2008

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Holy crap, it looks like the last of the Less Than Jake catalogue is finally up on Amazon MP3! And looks like the entirety of the Five Iron Frenzy catalog is going up on 4/1 too. I'm excited, I've wanted those albums for a long time. :)

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

I really really hope FIF does a reunion tour. Reese seems to really hate the fame from FIF though.

Is Amazon adding any exclusive stuff? I have every LTJ and FIF CD already :|

StrikerObi posted:

LTJ's In With the Out Crowd get way too much hate. Sure, half the album is entirely mediocre but has a couple absolutely amazing tracks on it. A Still Life Franchise and P.S. Shock the World are two of their best songs ever in my opinion. I've got a personal love for Soundtrack of My Life because it reminds me of listening to Less Than Jake for the past 10 years.

Also, if you haven't heard any of the IWTOC B-sides, do yourself a favor and get them all (Negative Sides of Optimistic Eyes, We the Uninspired, Even Trophy Boys and Girls get the Blues, Only Human). They're all really really good. Oh, and Overrated's alternate lyrics are so much loving better than the ones on the album. They manage to turn the entire song into a searing satire of the pop-punk/emo scene.

More like Overrated's original lyrics.

IWTOC doesn't have bad songs, but the production of that album was horrible. Hearing them live is like hearing a completely different song.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

guppy posted:

Oh hay, I didn't realize Medium Rare was a compilation. Still, it is apparently almost entirely new-to-CD -- Wiki says three new songs, nine previously unreleased tracks and some rare B-sides.

Plus, 'Don't Worry Desmond Dekker' is one of the best songs that the Bosstones have put out in a while. It gives me high hopes for what a new record would sound like and hopefully, they'll tour again so I can finally go see them. Let's Face It was the first album I ever bought and it'd be a shame if they stopped playing all together before I get a chance to see them.

alvinthegreat
Feb 23, 2008

Loud About Loathing posted:

Plus, 'Don't Worry Desmond Dekker' is one of the best songs that the Bosstones have put out in a while. It gives me high hopes for what a new record would sound like and hopefully, they'll tour again so I can finally go see them. Let's Face It was the first album I ever bought and it'd be a shame if they stopped playing all together before I get a chance to see them.

I love the Bosstones. Got really lucky one year and caught them and RBF at Warped Tour five or six years ago. Bad Religion and Flogging Molly were also there.

On the other hand, I also got a really bad sunburn on the back of my neck.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

alvinthegreat posted:

I love the Bosstones. Got really lucky one year and caught them and RBF at Warped Tour five or six years ago. Bad Religion and Flogging Molly were also there.

On the other hand, I also got a really bad sunburn on the back of my neck.

Missing out on both a Flogging Molly/Bosstones double bill AND Flogging Molly, the Blue (motherfucking) Meanies and the loving World Inferno Friendship Society because I was a fuckup in school has always been my biggest punk regret.

Mr Plow
Dec 31, 2004

I saw a clip from a kids show that is relevent and pretty funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL-R47vp2XQ

The dad is a rudeboy, the kid is a skinhead (the ska listening kind, not the later neo-nazi kind), and the girl is a mod. And of course that is the iconic scooter hiding in the background. Also, there's the aquabats doll and the ska imagery and probably other stuff I missed.

Mr Plow fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Mar 23, 2008

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Mr Plow posted:

The dad is a rudeboy, the kid is a skinhead (the ska listening kind, not the later neo-nazi kind), and the girl is a mod. And of course that is the iconic scooter hiding in the background. Also, there's the aquabats doll and the ska imagery and probably other stuff I missed.

This has been posted before but I suppose we can forgive you for that because the clip is still and will always be awesome. The show was created by MC Bat Commander which is why it has the Aquabats doll in it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Mr Plow posted:

Aw man, now I wish that Hepcat were back together...

This is still one of the best television clips ever.

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access

Mr Plow posted:

I'm calling in sick tomorrow and watching Nick Jr. all day.

toadbone
Dec 23, 2007
Care for a little necrophilia? Hmmm?

I cleaned my room after watching that clip

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I really really hope FIF does a reunion tour. Reese seems to really hate the fame from FIF though.
I don't think anyone from FIF really wants to get back together. They probably make more money in their personal lives now than they did when they were a band, which was practically nothing. They seem happy it's all over with.

loldance
Nov 30, 2005

It's laundry day; I'm down to my priest outfit.

I can't upload The Aggrolite's video to youtube anymore (copyright), but they did a hilarious song about bananas on Yo Gabba Gabba. Search myspace for it.

Also, has anyone checked out the new Goldfinger CD? I love Get Up (even though it's like a PeTA anthem). It is really catchy! I think the rest of the CD sucks, though.

There's a Ska Prom in the Tampa/St. Pete area in a couple weeks with local south Florida ska bands. Are any of you who are in Florida going?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

The best Yo Gabba Gabba was when Prince Adam played his hand-farts for the "cool tricks!" section.

seventeen posted:

Does anyone else own it?
gently caress ya! I've also got a VHS from an aquacadet convention that i stole from a friend. It's got some of the same footage, plus some spots they did for some socal music show and a 5 minute pilot of their tv show. My friends growing up were all low number cadets, but I never joined.

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

loldance posted:

There's a Ska Prom in the Tampa/St. Pete area in a couple weeks with local south Florida ska bands. Are any of you who are in Florida going?

5hr drive :effort:

But new LTJ CD coming soon.

quote:

Currently holed up in Chicago, recording the new Less Than Jake record for release on June 24, 2008...

BackInTheUSSR
Jun 22, 2004

1.5 HR/9
ACE

loldance posted:

I can't upload The Aggrolite's video to youtube anymore (copyright), but they did a hilarious song about bananas on Yo Gabba Gabba. Search myspace for it.

Also, has anyone checked out the new Goldfinger CD? I love Get Up (even though it's like a PeTA anthem). It is really catchy! I think the rest of the CD sucks, though.

Got any info on the St. Pete show? I live in Pinellas but I'm away at school in Orlando now and want to see if it's worth the drive back home.

loldance
Nov 30, 2005

It's laundry day; I'm down to my priest outfit.
Bands will be:

The Sweet Kings
The Brentford Sound
Burning Tree
Can't Do It
The Long Johns
Covert Intelligence Operation
Skanktron 9000
The Goodshots

(flyer)

It's at the Garage Bar, April 5th, doors at 6:00, $10/$7. The Brentford Sound are amazing live, and The Sweet Kings and Can't Do It are really fun too. I haven't seen the others.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Loud About Loathing posted:

Missing out on both a Flogging Molly/Bosstones double bill AND Flogging Molly, the Blue (motherfucking) Meanies and the loving World Inferno Friendship Society because I was a fuckup in school has always been my biggest punk regret.

My goodness. That is quite the regret. Seeing the Blue (motherfucking) Meanies - which is the proper pronunciation of that band name, well done - is quite possibly the most important goal in my life. Kiss Your rear end Goodbye is absurdly good. I'm relatively certain my head would explode if I actually managed to get to see them play Polka In The Eye. Those guys were (and probably still are) way ahead of their time.

Commence love of The Blue (motherfucking) Meanies now. And if you've never heard them, go out and get all of their records immediately.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

But new LTJ CD coming soon.
I hope that it continues in the direction of 'In With the Out Crowd' cause they're starting to figure out how to mix/EQ properly again and they're at least getting back to where they were with Borders and Boundaries. That's about as good as I can hope for.

There's also a new Tri-State Conspiracy album coming out this year, which could be pretty awesome if they continue to build on what they did with High Strung Mess which I thought was pretty decent, I like their rockabilly flair.

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

I hope that it continues in the direction of 'In With the Out Crowd' cause they're starting to figure out how to mix/EQ properly again and they're at least getting back to where they were with Borders and Boundaries. That's about as good as I can hope for.

:psypop:

This is a troll, right?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

:psypop:

This is a troll, right?

We can only hope.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
Man for this being the ska megathread I'm suprised no one has mentioned this yet...

SKA WEEKEND 2008
Knoxville, TN
July 19th

more details to come once I get home from work and can pull up the note ben sent out

http://www.myspace.com/skaweekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

Backno posted:

Man for this being the ska megathread I'm suprised no one has mentioned this yet...

SKA WEEKEND 2008
Knoxville, TN
July 19th

more details to come once I get home from work and can pull up the note ben sent out

http://www.myspace.com/skaweekend

I dont' think he's posted any new info. It's gonna be at a different place this year and smaller but it should be good. Word is Taj Motel Trio is gonna be playing along with some other bands that I'm not supposed to reveal just yet ;)