Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

A5H posted:

http://www.myspace.com/lifelessboro

Some of you guys might like these.
A few mates in a band who are inspired by the waste I guess.

Anyway worth a listen at least.

Wow, they definitely just rip off MW. I don't like the talky vocals, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Agent Bob posted:

Wow, they definitely just rip off MW. I don't like the talky vocals, either.

That Fast Point band in their top 8 is the poo poo.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

caleb posted:

That Fast Point band in their top 8 is the poo poo.

I like how their headline is a Streets lyric.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.
Matt - encrypted reply: Should be seeing you at some point this week.

Normal post: JESUS loving CHRIST, IF YOU PEOPLE DO NOT loving CHECK OUT GERIATRIC UNIT (EX-HERESY) AND FIX ME (EX-E150) THERE IS SOMETHING TERRIBLY loving WRONG WITH YOU ALL. Saw Seein' Red (who I expect you all to already know and love), those two and a load more in Brighton on Saturday.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Geriatric Unit rules hard. Haven't heard Fix Me yet though.

In other news, I would reccommend the Syphilitic Vaginas (ex-Netjajev SS) pro-tape and 12" to everyone who mourns the loss of GISM on a daily basis. That is, I would reccommend them...but since they were limited to about 100 copies each, good luck finding them now.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Not specifically punk, but some friends of mine from Tube Disasters(myspace.com/tdisasters) just put together an album of Megaman X covers, which is some of the thrashiest video game music ever made.
Figured some of you might enjoy it, but it probably didn't warrant its own thread.
http://www.myspace.com/thexhunters

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
UGZ Speed Trials were last weekend at Gilman, did anyone else go? Show was a loving blast. Lack of Interest cancelled but the show still loving ruled.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
I wanted to but I was super busy all weekend.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hey Bahston:

Pissed Jeans
Waste Management
New Lows
The Rival Mob

Saturday, April 12th
Doors @ 5:30
Oxfam Cafe @ Tufts University

FREE

Be there.

Fitz
Sep 10, 2002
King of Cheese
I don't think there has been a single mention of Avail in this thread, this makes me sad. They are pretty much the best band ever. Dixie and 4 A.M. Friday are the bestest albums ever.

If you guys haven't heard of them you should totally check them out.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Capitan Dad posted:

I like how their headline is a Streets lyric.

I'm seriously hooked on these songs. And theres only two of them. And they're like 30 seconds long.

Anyone have any recommendations other than the classics and hosed Up?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Fitz posted:

I don't think there has been a single mention of Avail in this thread, this makes me sad. They are pretty much the best band ever. Dixie and 4 A.M. Friday are the bestest albums ever.

The only album I've listened to from them is Satiate, but I'm a huge fan of it.

modernlifeisadam
Dec 29, 2006
Anyone in this thread going to the 'verge on 4/04 in detroit at the magic stick?

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
April is a loving banner month for concerts if any of you assholes are in portland.

April 1: Streetlight Manifesto with Dan Potthast
April 3: Shook Ones
April 4: Subhumans
April 11: Bouncing Souls/Dead to Me
April 12: Behemoth
April 16: Converge/ Genghis Tron
April 17: Extreme Noise Terror/ Hellshock
Also April 17: Tragedy
April 19: Wingnut Dishwashers Union

And this is just what's been announced so far. Oh man.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Is the Furnace/Capsule tour making its way up there?

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

RunTo TheHills posted:

April is a loving banner month for concerts if any of you assholes are in portland.

April 1: Streetlight Manifesto with Dan Potthast
April 3: Shook Ones
April 4: Subhumans
April 11: Bouncing Souls/Dead to Me
April 12: Behemoth
April 16: Converge/ Genghis Tron
April 17: Extreme Noise Terror/ Hellshock
Also April 17: Tragedy

And this is just what's been announced so far. Oh man.

UK Subhumans or Canadian Subhumans.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO

Built for Brutality posted:

UGZ Speed Trials were last weekend at Gilman, did anyone else go? Show was a loving blast. Lack of Interest cancelled but the show still loving ruled.

Ah drat, I wanted to check this out. I also missed Times of Desperation in Oakland, they're a rippin' two piece from Sacramento I saw last month.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
Oh yeah, a couple friends of mine from Cincinnati are putting on a ripping 3 day basement fest the first weekend of May. A lot of the bands are Cincinnati locals but there's a good mix of great out of towners too: VICTIMS, lemuria, appalachian terror unit, delay etc. I think I'm gonna head back (loving VICTIMS) if I can get a cheap enough plane ticket.

Full lineup:

Thurs. May 1 @ the Glendora House (3244 Glendora Ave):
Inside Recess (metal on metal action--reunion show)
Victims (hardcore punk bad-asses from Sweden!)
Appalachian Terror Unit (female fronted crusty-punk from Huntington, WV)
Delay (pop-punk heartbreakers from Columbus!)
Meeoow Motherfucker (old-school punk heroes)
Team Stray (glendora pop-punk vets!)

Fri. May 2 @ The Warner House (2389 Flora St):
Paralyzer (Black Dove + Youth Empowerment Project)
Condenada (all womyn, pure loving punk from Chicago)
Lemuria (poppy female fronted genius from Buffalo)
Defective Males (co-ed punk rock action!)
The Dopamines (pop-punk pure hit writers!)
Auryn (insanity sauce from Pittsburgh)

Sat. May 3 @ Jon LHFF’s house (University Ct):
Two Inch Winky (Ramones-core absurdity!)
Sin Orden (Raza-core thrashers from Chicago)
Chinese Telephones (gently caress poo poo up pop-punk from Milwaukee!)
Lost Hands Found Fingers (hot water maiden riffs all day and gets drunk all night)
Angry Ryan and the Nosebreakers (one angry rear end reunion show)

http://www.myspace.com/handsacrossbasements

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

Grigori Rasputin posted:

Auryn (insanity sauce from Pittsburgh)

I kinda know Dave, the drummer. Well, I doubt he knows me, but he was in several local bands (was in Carpenter Ant and Yo Man, Go!, to name a few. Actually, not local, but he was also in R.A.M.B.O.). Really nice dude.

And Victims is playing here soon, as well. SO PUMPED.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How is Tiger Army in concert? I am going to try to see them live in Vancouver, Canada on April 28th.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

Cowboy Kyle posted:

How is Tiger Army in concert? I am going to try to see them live in Vancouver, Canada on April 28th.

Croatian Cultural Center: prepare for a bottle fight this happens with all "heavy" bands.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Capitan Dad posted:

UK Subhumans or Canadian Subhumans.

UK.

Cowboy Kyle posted:

I saw em a few times before they put out III, and they were fantastic. But the new album blows, and they've had a ton of personnel changes, so i'm not sure how they'll be.

DoHimJob fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 27, 2008

mrmanatee
Jun 22, 2006

Positive outlook

Capitan Dad posted:

Okay I was wondering: This thread's tag automatically makes you go "because of TV Party" right. I had assumed this for a long time was wondering if everyone was on the same page.

That was the idea, yeah. And because there's no appropriate tag and it makes it easy to find.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000

Agent Bob posted:

I kinda know Dave, the drummer. Well, I doubt he knows me, but he was in several local bands (was in Carpenter Ant and Yo Man, Go!, to name a few. Actually, not local, but he was also in R.A.M.B.O.). Really nice dude.

And Victims is playing here soon, as well. SO PUMPED.

A friend of mine was in Pittsburgh for New Year's and saw Auryn with Zegota and said they tore it up, I'm a little jealous to have missed such sweet time. Do you know Frantic Heart of It? A friend of mine plays with them.

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

Grigori Rasputin posted:

A friend of mine was in Pittsburgh for New Year's and saw Auryn with Zegota and said they tore it up, I'm a little jealous to have missed such sweet time. Do you know Frantic Heart of It? A friend of mine plays with them.

Never heard.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
Seeing as I've just posted this in some more local forums and stuff, I'll stick the links here in case anyone wants a look.

quote:

Video of all of Mike Park and Sundowner's sets at the Homestead in Southampton: http://www.mattwpbs.com/sitefiles/Video/SouthamptonMikeParkHomestead.html

Photos of Sceptres and lovely Limits at the hosed Up gig at the Fighting Cocks in Kingston: http://www.mattwpbs.com/gallery2/v/20080301_Kingston/
Video of hosed Up at the same (warning, very bass heavy): http://www.mattwpbs.com/sitefiles/Video/SouthamptonMikeParkHomestead.html

Photos of lovely Limits and Wankys in London (none of Geriatric Unit and Fix Me as I had a loving horrible headache: http://www.mattwpbs.com/gallery2/v/20080321_London/

Photos of Seein' Red, Fix Me, Geriatric Unit, Whole In The Head and Constant State Of Terror at Westhill Community Hall in Brighton: http://www.mattwpbs.com/gallery2/v/20080322_Brighton/

Photos of Seein' Red, Geriatric Unit, Attack! Vipers!, The Sceptres and Whole In The Head at the King Alf in Southampton: http://www.mattwpbs.com/gallery2/v/20080323_Southampton/

Rogetz
Jan 11, 2003
Alcohol and Nicotine every morning

RunTo TheHills posted:

Complete with drunk kids shouting for him to play his old songs and then getting pissed when he doesn't.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Rogetz posted:

Complete with drunk kids shouting for him to play his old songs and then getting pissed when he doesn't.

Fill me in here. Does he just not like playing Johnny Hobo stuff anymore? I don't know very much about him.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white
As far as I know he's trying to be a lot more positive with WDU, so all the songs about doing drugs and hating cops aren't his bag. He says this about the Johnny Hobo material on the WDU myspace: "old songs about being sixteen, addicted to speed, and miserable all the time. these songs don’t get played any more because they are not the truth any more."

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.
In case anyone from here was debating going to see Converge, Red Chord, Baroness, and Genghis Tron tonight in Worcester, MA, the word I'm getting is that the show didn't sell well downstairs and has been moved upstairs. To the small 500-600 capacity club. I can't wait.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dillinger posted:

In case anyone from here was debating going to see Converge, Red Chord, Baroness, and Genghis Tron tonight in Worcester, MA, the word I'm getting is that the show didn't sell well downstairs and has been moved upstairs. To the small 500-600 capacity club. I can't wait.

Fffffffffffffuck. I didn't realize that was tonight, I can't make it :(

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Dillinger posted:

I really wish I didn't get a bunch of money stolen from me, I was planning on going to this. But I can't pay for gas and tolls with my hopes and dreams. I've tried.

King Kolostomy
Nov 11, 2004

We just had the United Blood Festival here in Richmond, VA.

Friday:
let down
trapped under ice
reign supreme
pulling teeth
mongoloids
trash talk
war hungry
murder weapon
blacklisted
cold world

Saturday:
naysayer
heathen
dead black
unforgiven
step forward
colin of arabia
living hell
swamp thing
soul control
wake up call
crime in stereo
cruel hand
mind eraser
the wrong side
verse
bitter end
shipwreck
bracewar
have heart

I didn't go because I was feeling kinda lovely and antisocial plus I've seen all these bands play like 1000 times before. But there should be videos from everyone's set soon enough. I'll post them when I get them.

edit: I regret not going, I should have gone just to see friends, but it'll be back next year. Plus these bands play shows here all the time, I can just go to shows here and there rather than make a whole weekend of it.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Dillinger posted:

gently caress

THE ONE MONTH I CANT GO :(

also, ^^ how could you miss that! Sick lineup, poo poo.

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 31, 2008

King Kolostomy
Nov 11, 2004

zeldadude posted:

also, ^^ how could you miss that! Sick lineup, poo poo.

Probably should have posted about it before it happened, not after.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Repos last show yesterday with PITF and Weekend Nachos, retarded.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.
Bummed I had to miss United Blood. If you're in the Northeast though, look up As One Fest, it's going to be the New England version of the typical 'core fest nowadays. Waterbury, CT.

Converge show tonight was fun. Packed house...Genghis Tron has a new lightshow and loving killed it. Baroness, first time seeing them (FINALLY) and I couldn't enjoy it because while I was up close, it was so loud that I actually lost my hearing in my right ear temporarily (don't do 10 years of punk, hardcore and metal shows without hearing protection :( ) so I had to go outside for a little bit...when I got back in I couldn't find a spot to stand and watch. Red Chord was nuts if anyone else likes that band besides me. Spent the end of Dreaming in Dog Years stepping on everybody on the stage. Converge played a great set but you can tell they're so sick of their earlier material...Conduit was the only song played that I was hoping for. Not even Saddest Day anymore. Everything else was Jane Doe and beyond, all albums I really don't even care for.

edit:

King Kolostomy posted:

pulling teeth
trash talk
blacklisted
cold world

dead black
unforgiven
living hell
soul control
the wrong side
shipwreck

List of bands not worth skipping. Especially Unforgiven and Dead Black, both new bands that loving kill (esp. Dead Black, so heavy). Soul Control is on the up and up, Wrong Side is always welcome to do "reunion shows", and I heard the Living Hell set was just violence x 1000. They are on my good side because they played my friend Chris' "going away show" (getting shipped to Iraq) and he asked them to cover Integrity, and they did and it ruled.

Dillinger fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 31, 2008

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I saw Frankie Stubbs and Duncan from Snuff doing acoustic stuff on Saturday. That was good.

edit: Here's some video. http://www.mattwpbs.com/sitefiles/Video/LondonFrankieDuncanGrosvenor.html

MattWPBS fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 31, 2008

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Dillinger posted:

Converge show tonight was fun. Packed house...Genghis Tron has a new lightshow and loving killed it. Baroness, first time seeing them (FINALLY) and I couldn't enjoy it because while I was up close, it was so loud that I actually lost my hearing in my right ear temporarily (don't do 10 years of punk, hardcore and metal shows without hearing protection :( ) so I had to go outside for a little bit...when I got back in I couldn't find a spot to stand and watch. Red Chord was nuts if anyone else likes that band besides me. Spent the end of Dreaming in Dog Years stepping on everybody on the stage. Converge played a great set but you can tell they're so sick of their earlier material...Conduit was the only song played that I was hoping for. Not even Saddest Day anymore. Everything else was Jane Doe and beyond, all albums I really don't even care for.

gently caress! Conduit? Dammit, every time I've seen them I hoped they would play it. Although last two times I saw them they played Forsaken and Locust Reign, which was awesome. I got into Converge too late (2004) and theres a lot of songs I'll never get to see live. I'd kill to see Color Me Blood Red...hell even just the beginning would be awesome. I'm a little guy and I don't mosh, but I would wreck faces while screaming "please love just come home again." It makes sense that they'd get sick of constantly touring and playing the same old songs for years though.

I haven't been to a hardcore show in...hmmm...a long loving time. I think the last one I went to was in August or September. Went to a couple metal shows in October. Last time I saw any show was loving Anthony Green around New Years (a girl wanted to go, so I'm not THAT big of a human being). Luckily theres a Blacklisted show in May and Killing the Dream, Ruiner, Trap Them in June. I miss going to shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
Fun things to do in London in 12 days time.

quote:

LONDON THE OLD BLUE LAST.
FRI 11TH APR, 2008 8.00pm

HOLY TERROR PRESENTS....

Integrity (Live)
Brain Dead (Live)
Rot In Hell (Live)
Special Guests and DJs tba