Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Well I just listened to the geriatric unit lp and I'm well blown away. Got some neat stuff when visiting london (gism, au pairs, hawkwind, stalin, lovely limits, napalm beach, etc), record stores there loving slay.

Weekend Nachos released a one sided lathe 8" in the shape of a triangle with the b-side silkscreened as a nacho chip, repos released an all covers farewell lp. The amount of records that are giving me boners right now is unheard of.

Thanks to mattwpbs for some of these fine goods and some delicious pepper tofu dish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.
I had to go find a picture of that. That is loving silly in such a good way.

Cheers for the stuff in return, and now we both know not to listen to Ola when it comes to food.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.

Kevar posted:

I haven't been to a hardcore show in...hmmm...a long loving time. I think the last one I went to was in August or September. Went to a couple metal shows in October. Last time I saw any show was loving Anthony Green around New Years (a girl wanted to go, so I'm not THAT big of a human being). Luckily theres a Blacklisted show in May and Killing the Dream, Ruiner, Trap Them in June. I miss going to shows.

There's a few Blacklisted shows around CT, MA, and RI in that time frame, I should be at all of them I hope. The Killing the Dream tour I'm amped for, I've only been able to see them once. And Trap Them is playing around RI again with Disfear so hells yes. Terrific shows coming up.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

That Weekend Nachos record looks sick. Wish I could get my hands on a copy.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO
From Ashes Rise tour this summer, stoked. 3 Severed Heads of States shows in the Bay Area come May/June, stoked. Tragedy in June too... PDX/Tennessee heaven.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
I was at the show where they were selling the infamous nacho chip, but by the time I squeezed my way through the ridiculous crowd to the merch table they were all gone. It was so crowded there. I wanted to get some of that eBay gold.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
My friend's band Old News in reno just put out a demo tape, and it's pretty good. Check them out here: http://www.myspace.com/oldnewsreno.

EDIT: Oh and how the gently caress has this not been mentioned. This summer Portraits Of Past is playing four shows. One will be at Slim's in SF, one at the gilman in Berkeley, one somewhere in the midwest (details to be determined), and one in NYC. I'll dig up the link a bit later.

rivals fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 31, 2008

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

rivals posted:

EDIT: Oh and how the gently caress has this not been mentioned. This summer Portraits Of Past is playing four shows. One will be at Slim's in SF, one at the gilman in Berkeley, one somewhere in the midwest (details to be determined), and one in NYC. I'll dig up the link a bit later.
holy crap! i'm there at the nyc show.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white

Grigori Rasputin posted:

From Ashes Rise tour this summer, stoked. 3 Severed Heads of States shows in the Bay Area come May/June, stoked. Tragedy in June too... PDX/Tennessee heaven.

Details?!

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO

Big Blue Violence posted:

Details?!

whoops... at the gates. i'm always getting my 3 word metal/crusty hardcore bands mixed up. sorry about the excitement... i'd prefer the reality i originally posted about.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

rivals posted:

Not that it matters at this point in time, but wasn't the SF date supposed to be at Bottom of the Hill?

I've heard that Phoenix Bodies and La Quiete might be playing with them at Gilman.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

ddonahue99 posted:

Not that it matters at this point in time, but wasn't the SF date supposed to be at Bottom of the Hill?

Oh I think you're right. I don't know why I was thinking Slim's.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Yeah I really want to see Portraits of Past and Phoenix Bodies and La Quiete are coming to Seattle when I'll be away (All summer dang it).

Maybe I can actually go to a show in Europe.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

I got a copy of the Ghoul DVD today (which is loving great), but instead of the bonus Sqwad/Ghoul MCD that was supposed to come with it, my copy got mistakenly packaged with a CD of Gastunk's "Under The Sun". Kind of a bummer, but kind of cool at the same time because the Gastunk CD is pretty cool, and it would have cost me $25 if I bought it seperately. Let's hear it for factory screw ups and Japanese metal hardcore!

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Grigori Rasputin posted:

whoops... at the gates. i'm always getting my 3 word metal/crusty hardcore bands mixed up. sorry about the excitement... i'd prefer the reality i originally posted about.

Oh you heartless bastard. I nearly pissed myself. :(

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Someone recommend me some rear end-kicking metallic hardcore :black101: like Shipwreck A.D. and I will forever love you.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

Integrity. Pulling Teeth. The Swarm. Cursed. LIVING HELL. Rise and Fall.

I'll grab some myspace links in a second.

edit: there. Listen to Living Hell and throw a table.

Dillinger fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 1, 2008

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Capitan Dad posted:

Maybe I can actually go to a show in Europe.

Cry Me A River fest?

PB/La Quiete will be coming to Seattle but I highly doubt PoP will, if that makes you feel any better.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Mindless Mutant #4 and Herpes #3 (final issue) are out, between the two cover last Repos show and interview, stories about Sonny the black nazi, Pulling Teeth, Weekend Nachos tour diary, etc.

get.herpes.now@gmail.com
and
mindlessmutantfanzine@gmail.com

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Just bought my Dudefest tickets this morning. Also, might be driving up to Rainfest this year.

Sirius Sam
Apr 12, 2005

BUTTCHEEKS

Parachute Underwear posted:

Someone recommend me some rear end-kicking metallic hardcore :black101: like Shipwreck A.D. and I will forever love you.

In addition to Dillinger's suggestions, check out Think I Care and Reign Supreme.

King Kolostomy
Nov 11, 2004

Parachute Underwear posted:

Ringworm - any and all of their albums but get Justice Replaced By Revenge first
Turmoil - The Process Of
Buried Alive - The Death Of Your Perfect world
Icepick - Violent Epiphany
+Dillinger and Sirius's recommendations, especially Integrity. Get the album Systems Overload, one of the best hardcore albums ever.

King Kolostomy
Nov 11, 2004

Dillinger posted:

List of bands not worth skipping. Especially Unforgiven and Dead Black, both new bands that loving kill (esp. Dead Black, so heavy). Soul Control is on the up and up, Wrong Side is always welcome to do "reunion shows", and I heard the Living Hell set was just violence x 1000. They are on my good side because they played my friend Chris' "going away show" (getting shipped to Iraq) and he asked them to cover Integrity, and they did and it ruled.

Guess I'm just spoiled being from Richmond. I've seen/played shows with most of these bands more times than I can count.

But I should have come out, would have been a good time, I was all depressed from this medication I was taking. (I stopped taking it!)

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

Grigori Rasputin posted:

I really loving hate you for this. I really do.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

rivals posted:

I brought that up pages ago gangster.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Also my mind exploded when I read this:

Punknews posted:

Japan's Envy and New Jersey's Thursday will be releasing a split LP+CD together this fall. The disc is to be released by Temporary Residence who explained the plans:

There will be no separated CD or LP versions. Both formats will come in one package, and both will contain the same music. We’re not exactly sure how limited it will be yet; maybe 10,000, maybe a billion (probably closer to the former, as we really don’t have space for a billion LPs). In addition, there will be a deluxe, hand-printed edition that will be sold exclusively through our webstore. These will be screenprinted and assembled by hand, and will be colored vinyl, limited to 1000 copies.

Ill definitely cheggit.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

THE LUMMOX posted:

Also my mind exploded when I read this:

Ill definitely cheggit.

:psypop:

That's loving bizarre. And guess who is totally buying one of the deluxe editions :haw:

That has to be an April Fools joke, there's nothing about it on the TRL site. I wish it was real.

I'm planning on visiting Japan this summer, and originally would be there in time for at least 1 Envy show, but it looks like I'll be going in July rather than May.

Also, doe anybody have the La Quiete US dates?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 2, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

THE LUMMOX posted:

I brought that up pages ago gangster.

Okay, I must have missed it.

Inspector_71 posted:

That has to be an April Fools joke, there's nothing about it on the TRL site. I wish it was real.

Also, doe anybody have the La Quiete US dates?

Pretty sure it's a joke. And I don't think they are released yet but I'm not positive.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rivals posted:

And I don't think they are released yet but I'm not positive.

Alright, that's what I thought, but some people in this thread seemed to be talking like they had.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

Inspector_71 posted:

Alright, that's what I thought, but some people in this thread seemed to be talking like they had.

Phoenix Bodies Myspace.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Capitan Dad posted:

Phoenix Bodies Myspace.

Hot poo poo. No East Coast dates :smithicide:

I'll never forgive myself for missing La Quiete's first stateside jaunt.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
The new Sinaloa is breathtaking. I really like it.

stevefukkinc
Oct 10, 2004
TUB-THUMPING,
PAROCHIAL
McKNOB
Phoenix Bodies loving riding the La Q coattails. :p

Anyone heard the new Endless Blockade lp? Only record I've been excited about in years.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

ddonahue99 posted:

Yah for reals! They loving ACED this one. Its a good balance between foggy noise and hot cross style perma-solos.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
poo poo, I need to hear the new Sinaloa jamz.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

THE LUMMOX posted:

Yah for reals! They loving ACED this one. Its a good balance between foggy noise and hot cross style perma-solos.
! I'll have to check that.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

ddonahue99 posted:

I'm trying to hold out for the LP but you are making it difficult for me to do so!

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access
Anyone know if Bane's going on tour again anytime soon? The most recent dates I can find are from 2006. :(

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

Lazlowrocks posted:

Anyone know if Bane's going on tour again anytime soon? The most recent dates I can find are from 2006. :(

They're writing a new album or are going to very soon, and then tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access
Ah, okay, thanks man.