Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Inspector_71 posted:

Hot poo poo. No East Coast dates :smithicide:

I'll never forgive myself for missing La Quiete's first stateside jaunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Fly out here and crash at my place for their basement show in Templeton, CA! At least, I'm pretty sure that's what the Aug 4 date is.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Sweet, thanks for all the recommendations. So far I'm really enjoying Integrity (especially), Reign Supreme, Living Hell, Rise and Fall and Pulling Teeth.

Seriously though, Deathwish is like my label of the moment.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.
Deathwish and Bridge Nine are on the top of the pile for modern hardcore, by far.

Finally picked up the new Reign Supreme today...this band seriously kills it.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

And Rivalry. It's at the top if you like good hardcore anyway.

I kid, I kid!

Sirius Sam
Apr 12, 2005

BUTTCHEEKS

Parachute Underwear posted:

Sweet, thanks for all the recommendations. So far I'm really enjoying Integrity (especially), Reign Supreme, Living Hell, Rise and Fall and Pulling Teeth.

If you like Integrity you might like Earth Crisis too.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.

rivals posted:

And Rivalry. It's at the top if you like good hardcore anyway.

I kid, I kid!

I count Rivalry and 1918 and pretty much every other label as being on an even level directly below the standards B9 and DW set for being record labels. There's a glut of good indie hardcore labels out there right now run by solid guys (GOOD DUDES BACKED HARD) but B9/DW have stepped the game up majorly just in terms of how a label is run.

edit: Better suggestion that Earth Crisis for an Integrity frame of mind would definitely be Vegas, another Dwid project that sounds pretty epic. I'll also recommend Ringworm (forget if it's been mentioned already), 100 Demons (both albums are spectacular but "In the Eyes of the Lord" may suit your fancy more), Watchfire (who come out of Harder the Fight, a VERY Integ. influenced band), Dead Black from Boston, Unforgiven from CT, and Millenial Reign.

Phew. Links+.

Dillinger fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Apr 3, 2008

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
ChaosNonMusica, out of curiousity do you have the POW zines?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Just got a bunch of packages in including the two Coke Bust 7"s. Dude threw in a personalized note which is rad. It's loving great when bands/labels/distros take the time to do that. Even kids you buy/sell/trade with.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Third Party Records did the Coke Bust 7"

http://www.thirdxparty.com (he's been having website problems lately)
https://www.myspace.com/thirdxpartyrecords

He (Nick) is likely the only person I've ever met who makes SURE everything is savvy with each and every customer. All his releases are also straight edge (members, bands, merch, whatever), which mean a lot to weirdos who are into that sort of thing. I do love the guy, he is committed 110% to his work and that Coke Bust 7" rules (although the printing legibility is the fault of ID Graphics aka Underestimated Records).

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

ChaosNonMusica, out of curiousity do you have the POW zines?

Unfortunately no. You can get scans of the 3rd issue here though:

http://www.divshare.com/download/2391346-97b

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So, uh, holy poo poo. Looks like this Envy/Thursday thing is real.

:psypop:

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
Some breathtaking shows in the Bay Area in the next few months:

May 9 - Capsule, Furnace, Comadre, Loma Prieta @ the Bike Kitchen
Early June - Ampere, others @ Gilman
August 2 - Portraits of Past, La Quiete, Phoenix Bodies, Comadre, others @ Gilman
September 20 - Zann, Graf Orlock, Comadre, others @ Kinda Like a Fest 4 in Half Moon Bay

I am EXCITED.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yep. I'm loving stoked about life right now.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
I will be at all of those shows, plus Dude Fest, and nothing is going to stop me.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Not even good taste?

Chaos, are you on any other boards that talk punk shop? Furthermore do you know any good histories to read on ADK or japanese punk?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

Not even good taste?

Chaos, are you on any other boards that talk punk shop? Furthermore do you know any good histories to read on ADK or japanese punk?

I post on the Profane Existence board too, but I'm not on any boards like WITBAWDTSL if that's what you mean. Here's some good Japanese reading:

http://veltedregnub.com/adkrecords (also has links to Selfish, Dogma, AA, and Political, Incest and D.I.S record labels)

http://poo poo-fi.com/Articles/JapaneseNoise/JapaneseNoiseCore.html

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access
I retract anything bad I've previously said about Interpunk. Once the site said something was in stock when it wasn't, and another time it took much longer than expected to process and ship the order, but I ordered a few t-shirts on Wednesday, and they arrived here with the default shipping option. :D

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Macrock is today which means The Ladies record release. Anyone who is into the garage punk sound like Brutal Knights and The Catburglars needs to pick this record up.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Tube Disasters put up some new recordings today and they're sick as hell.
http://www.myspace.com/tdisasters

Check em out.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I've been going through my music collection trying to find stuff to suit my mood and I put on La Quiete. I don't know why I ever stopped listening to these guys, their stuff is all flawless, especially the Louise Cyphre split.

Also, this is the true face of screamo:

God I'm so pissed they're not playing the East Coast this summer.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

Inspector_71 posted:

I've been going through my music collection trying to find stuff to suit my mood and I put on La Quiete. I don't know why I ever stopped listening to these guys, their stuff is all flawless, especially the Louise Cyphre split.

Also, this is the true face of screamo:

God I'm so pissed they're not playing the East Coast this summer.

They are so Italian. I'm sad I can't see them like I thought.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I don't know what to think of the new Cancer Bats record. gently caress if I don't love that band to death (hands-down most energetic and amazing live show I've been to), but the new vocal style and the guest vocalists aren't my favourite. I gotta admit the riffs are still rear end-kicking good, though.

There was just something loving awesome about the yelled vocals. I actually had to listen for a while to make sure it wasn't some wannabe band trying to pass off as them, but then I recognized Liam's voice.

stevefukkinc
Oct 10, 2004
TUB-THUMPING,
PAROCHIAL
McKNOB
Finnally started listening to Sex Vid properly... drugging has two of the best songs i've heard in recent years but i'm not so sure on tania or nests.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

They are great live, guess I wasn't sold on the recorded stuff first. They'll be on the hosed Up 2007 Weekend DVD, which was a great set.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

I didn't even make it to side B of the 1st Sex Vid 7". I think it was around that time that I realized USHC bores me to tears 95% of the time. Anyone wanna buy my copy of "Tania"?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

For some strange reason Tania (and Sex Vid) are getting the start of collector prices, one's on ebay for 12$ right now.

This is total lofi crud but my favorite local music store was trying to get rid of both their Upside Down Cross albums on tape (st & evolution). I love this band and it made my week.

New hosed Up 7" is ready for pre-order from the allegorical David. I would definitely like to find video of their SXSW sets since the video of them with John Brannon fronting is um, boner-rific.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T9w4iQy_dqI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PrqknxXt4Kk

Funny thing is there is only one person in the crowd who knows the words to Tied Down and its Damian. Huge room of people who all make a circle 100 feet back, for John Brannon with no stage :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2XcR9rNGb0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxzssNCsyg

Yet people go crazy for Morris!

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 9, 2008

stevefukkinc
Oct 10, 2004
TUB-THUMPING,
PAROCHIAL
McKNOB

ChaosNonMusica posted:

I didn't even make it to side B of the 1st Sex Vid 7". I think it was around that time that I realized USHC bores me to tears 95% of the time. Anyone wanna buy my copy of "Tania"?

Not fussed about Tania, best ebaying it?

Looking for a copy of drugging/self titled/first one as Trainwreck is some loving song!

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
I love Sex Vid. Probably the closest thing to a modern day Void.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Holy poo poo, Sex Vid is loving incredible. Best recommendation I've gotten from this thread ever.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

If anyone is interested, I'm cleaning out my collection of some rarities. Everything is at least VG+ condition, most are EX or better.

BOMBANFALL 7" $75
SNOBB SLAKT 7" $35
FINAL WARNING 7" $35
V/A - FINAL NOISE ATTACK 7" $50
CROSSED OUT - Live 10" (NOT gently caress Grindcore 10") $25
LEBENDEN TOTEN - State Laughter LP $30
V/A - FINNISH DRUNKS PUNKS IS HIPPIES LP $30
ZOE - The Last Axe Beat LP $25
LAUKAUS 12" $25
ABRAHAM CROSS - Peace Can't Combine LP $25

Email if you're interested (my user name at gmail.com)

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Has anyone heard the June Paik/Titan split? It's really good. Like really good.

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

Parachute Underwear posted:

You need to be listening to Ceremony if you aren't already.

pig guts fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 15, 2008

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

skull pressure posted:

You need to be listening to Ceremony if you aren't already.

I am/was. :shobon:

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
So, Against Me! tomorrow night. I wasn't too fussed before, but now I'm pretty psyched. I've heard they are playing more older material at the minute so I'm hoping that happens tomorrow night.

The only thing I'm not looking forward too is the two hour drive home afterwards.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Bane, Meltdown, Wake Up Call, I Rise, Give Em Hell, Talk Is Cheap

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

Dillinger I assume you're going to this?

edit: holy poo poo, then a week later Outbreak, Miles Away, Hands In, Dead Hearts, Cruel Hand, Where I Stand

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Miles Away is so loving good.

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004

rivals posted:

Miles Away is so loving good.

I'm glad they're getting recognition outside of Australia. They're an incredible, hard working band and they deserve every bit of success that comes their way.

In other news, new Banner Pilot album out soon. Hurry up already :(

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah dude. I've been all about them since Consequences came out. I'm pissed that B9 never put that on vinyl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

ddonahue99 posted:

Some breathtaking shows in the Bay Area in the next few months:

May 9 - Capsule, Furnace, Comadre, Loma Prieta @ the Bike Kitchen
Early June - Ampere, others @ Gilman
August 2 - Portraits of Past, La Quiete, Phoenix Bodies, Comadre, others @ Gilman
September 20 - Zann, Graf Orlock, Comadre, others @ Kinda Like a Fest 4 in Half Moon Bay

I am EXCITED.

These need to come to the east coast! Especially Ampere.