Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Kolostomy
Nov 11, 2004

rivals posted:

Miles Away is so loving good.

Hell yeah. They're coming back to Richmond and we're playing with them in June.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.

zeldadude posted:

Bane, Meltdown, Wake Up Call, I Rise, Give Em Hell, Talk Is Cheap

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

Dillinger I assume you're going to this?

edit: holy poo poo, then a week later Outbreak, Miles Away, Hands In, Dead Hearts, Cruel Hand, Where I Stand

That's in Amherst, right? That's the most painful 2 hour drive away from where I live, and I've seen Bane a zillion times. I do have a friend who lives on the Amherst campus who wants to see and party with me so who knows, maybe I'll make a trip out for that. I WILL however be going there for Killing the Dream even if they are playing Providence...only ever seen them once, I need to get my fill in case they kick the bucket.

I hate drives that feel way longer than they are, that's one of'em.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

skull pressure posted:

These need to come to the east coast! Especially Ampere.

Dude, Ampere are from MA and play shows in the northeast constantly.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Inspector_71 posted:

Srsly. Ampere NEVER make it out to California, which is why I am so excited. Also I found out that they're playing with Baader Brains, which makes it even better.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

ddonahue99 posted:

Srsly. Ampere NEVER make it out to California, which is why I am so excited. Also I found out that they're playing with Baader Brains, which makes it even better.

Enjoy. Ampere was I think the first show I ever went to. So loving intense live. Holy poo poo. I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

I think I'm seeing Disfear friday. Anyone know how they are live?

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Saw Converge last night. While they pretty much stuck to Jane Doe and after, and playing way too much No Heroes, a Converge show is a guaranteed good loving time, every time.

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

Inspector_71 posted:

Ah yeah you're right, they haven't played Baltimore in a while though, at least not to my knowledge. It's hard for me to get around to out of state shows also.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

The song that Verse posted from their new album is loving great.

http://www.myspace.com/verse

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Yeah I'm really stoked for that album to come out. They have an EP coming out or going up for preorder sometime this month too.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

Beanpants posted:

Saw Converge last night. While they pretty much stuck to Jane Doe and after, and playing way too much No Heroes, a Converge show is a guaranteed good loving time, every time.

This is the tour with Red Chord, Baroness, Genghis Tron? I enjoyed every band besides Converge way more. They only played one song I wanted to hear, Conduit :(

Had way more fun during the Red Chord. Baroness knocked my hearing out while I was headbanging. No good.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Dillinger posted:

This is the tour with Red Chord, Baroness, Genghis Tron? I enjoyed every band besides Converge way more. They only played one song I wanted to hear, Conduit :(

Had way more fun during the Red Chord. Baroness knocked my hearing out while I was headbanging. No good.

Yeah, the only song they played that I actually wanted to hear was Locust Reign, but poo poo is always energetic when they play, which is more a product of the crowd than anything else. But Baroness was definitely the highlight of the show for me.

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

Dillinger posted:

Holy poo poo they played Conduit and Locust Reign? I can't wait till that tour gets here. May 1st!

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO
I went to see Baroness/Converge last night but totally blew it - I missed Baroness and Genghis Tron. Sometimes I forget that "hardcore" (as opposed to "hardcore punk") exists and it's a real shock to my system. I saw a guy doing windmills and I was instantly transported back to another time and found myself wearing a basketball jersey.

Other than missing Baroness and misc. tough guys, the night was salvaged and fun was had.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
FYI Not Very Nice (ChaosNonMusica's zine) is excellent, refreshing layout as most of the ones I get around here are VERY "run left to right and cut out a few pictures." Spoonful of Vicodin used to play my basement in Rochester and I have some photos somewhere of their sets, awesome folks.

I'm guest DJing tonight in Chicago and that Vile album is definitely getting some play along with Violent Uprising, Napalm Beach and more that I havent figured out yet. DJing real radio is intimidating..

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

skull pressure posted:

Holy poo poo they played Conduit and Locust Reign? I can't wait till that tour gets here. May 1st!

Hell yeah me too. :hfive:

It's a drat shame Baroness won't be there, I'd love to see them play.

LittleBlackCloud
Mar 5, 2007
xXI love Plum JuiceXx

Dillinger posted:

Only thing that I could possibly not enjoy about that show is sitting through the red chord.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Posted this in the wrong thread sort of, it was vinyl related anyway:

My first radio broadcast went beautifully, could only play 1/2 what I brought but I brought way too much.

Off the top of my head I got through Comes, Father Yod, Violent Uprising, Shop Assistants, Starjets, Pagans, 9 Shocks Terror (doing gastunk & their own), Neon Christ, Vile (thanks CNM!), Spectres, Search and Destroy (UK), Mental (UK), Solvent Abuse, Doom (doing hawkwind), Chop (mike watt & dez doing B.O.C. covers), Repos (doing YOT), and tons more. So fun! I got invited back for any further shows I want to cohost which is really awesome, and next time I was promised I can do live outgoing calls (aka being a dick and prank calls).

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I started doing a radio show with my buddies two weeks ago as well. Last week I didn't bring much but the first week this was my portion of the playlist:

Champion - Time Slips Away
Funeral Diner - Borne Upon My Shield
Ampere - Remain Unadapted / Now We Rise & We Are Everywhere
Orchid - Tigers
Comadre - Hit Me Up On My Celly Cell
Who Calls So Loud - 4444

And the second week I played these pretty scattered through the hour:

an errand to run - daniel striped tiger
laissez vivre les squellettes - daitro
do not consider yourself free - embrace

It's Wednesday nights 10-11pm PST, and it's called New Noise Manifesto. For locals in San Luis Obispo it's 91.3 FM otherwise if you go here you can listen live: http://kcpr.calpoly.edu/

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I've always thought about having a radio show, but I don't think I really have the time.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I typed up the tracks but at this point I can't remember what order I played them.. it was late and I'm still sick!

Father Yod and the Ya Ho Wa 13 - Outro b-side (I'm gonna take you home Repress)
Violent Uprising - This Attack (Bleeeeechh!!!)
Napalm Beach - No Love (st)
Ruido - random songs, mistake #1 (VA - Tomorrow Will Be Worse 2)
9 Shocks Terror - Devil (gastunk cover, VA - Tomorrow Will Be Worse 2)
9 Shocks Terror - Sex (gastunk cover, VA - Tomorrow Will Be Worse 2)
Comes - Panic (No Side Boot)
Geriatric Unit - Life Half Over (Life Half Over)
Repos - Flame Still Burns (YOT cover, Ending on a Positive Note)
Repos - Wake Up and Live (YOT cover, Ending on a Positive Note)
Repos - Keep It Up (YOT cover, Ending on a Positive Note)
Deep Wound - Lou's Anxiety Song (st+ Boot)
Mental, The - Having Fun In Camden (Extended Play LP)
Neon Christ - Parental Suppression (st)
Spectres - Cold War (Cold War)
Chop - I'm on the Lamb (But I Ain't No Sheep) (Blue Oyster Cult cover, BOC)
Shop Assistants - Its Up To You (st)
lovely Limits - Espionage (Espionage)
Pagans - Her Name was Jane (Her Name was Jane)
Starjets - War Stories (War Stories/Do the Push)
Stupids - I Don't Like Nobody (Violent Nun)
9 Shocks Terror - Bullshit Tantrum (Earth, Wind & Sheik Throwing Fire)
Out With A Bang - Punches in the Face (I'm Against It 7" Repress)
Doom - Death Trap (Hawkwind cover, Doom/Cress 10" split)
Waste Management - Street Beef (Get Your Mind Right)
Search and Destroy (UK) - English Terror Boys (English Terror Boys)
Midnight - Rat Face (Slays the Spits)
Solvent Abuse - Burn Like a Bullet (Last Salute) (wrong speed for the first few seconds, mistake #2)
Vile - 5 to 10 (Solution Repress)

gf did 2nd half of show

poison idea-hangover heart attack
direct control- ronnie's dead
spermbirds- you're not a punk
sado nation- mom and pop democracy
heart attack- shotgun
a.o.d.-yuppies
life crisis- forced out (and silent acceptance by accident)
coc- prayer
double negative- i think i played rehuminization?
scared straight- school
knife fight- united we stand
ameria's hardcore- a.h.c.
antidote- foreign job lot (meant to play nazi youth)
rest in pieces- keep your distance
token entry- windows
punch in the face- at war with everybody
violent arrest- fit for abuse (and time to conform by accident)
voorhees- who asked you
under pressure- come clean
gordon solie motherfuckers- ghost cry of betray
raw power- state oppression
impulse manslaughter- we're all bored here
septic death- burial
devoid of faith- pupose:lost
rorschach- clenching
?united mutation- final solution?
the accused- slow death
big black- fish fry
articles of faith- give thanks
naked raygun- roller queen
career suicide- bored bored bored
the freeze- trouble if you hide
zero boys- new generation
gorilla angreb- jeg gar ikke i sort
DA- stranger
the bodines- therese
the primitives- stop killing me

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

Cathab posted:

I'm glad they're getting recognition outside of Australia. They're an incredible, hard working band and they deserve every bit of success that comes their way.

In other news, new Banner Pilot album out soon. Hurry up already :(

I saw them a couple of years ago and I thought they were so loving boring.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I dunno if any of you guys are gamers, but Grand Theft Auto IV will feature a hardcore radio station, and this is what it'll have so far:

GTA4 posted:

Liberty City Hardcore

DJ: Jimmy Gestapo
Genre: Hardcore Punk
Tracklist:

* Maximum Penalty - "All Your Boys"
* Killing Time - "Tell Tale"
* Bad Brains - "Right Brigade"
* Underdog - "Back to Back"
* The Sex Pistols - "Holidays in the Sun"
* Murphy's Law - "A Day in the Life"

Summary: Libery City Hardcore is a punk and hardcore music station hosted by Jimmy Gestapo, lead singer of New York based hardcore punk band Murphy's Law.

These are the known ones. Looks decent enough. :shobon:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Parachute Underwear posted:

I dunno if any of you guys are gamers, but Grand Theft Auto IV will feature a hardcore radio station, and this is what it'll have so far:

I really hope they limit the meathead NYHC. I cannot stand Murphy's Law.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parachute Underwear posted:

That's pretty cool actually. I'm only gonna play it on the PC with a custom playlist anyway though.

Iridox
Feb 5, 2004

Going to see MLIW for what will probably be the last time in a few hours. I'm going to miss them.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white
If you are remotely into emo/screamo/whatever, go see Who Calls So Loud if they are coming anywhere near you. I just saw them yesterday and it was great.

edit: they're also selling Funeral Diner merch for way cheap. $3 LP's what up.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
Trash Talk bailed on Syracuse yesterday because they're having legal issues. Bummer. Fun show anyway. Meltdown especially.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Big Blue Violence posted:

If you are remotely into emo/screamo/whatever, go see Who Calls So Loud if they are coming anywhere near you. I just saw them yesterday and it was great.

edit: they're also selling Funeral Diner merch for way cheap. $3 LP's what up.

NO WAY. gently caress! I have seen this band twice in the bay area and they didn't have Funeral Diner merchandise.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Transistor Transistor "Ruined Lives" CD/LP Coming May 13

STOKED

glueandnails
Oct 8, 2004
Anyone hear the new Night Marchers album yet? I am the ultimate John Reis fanboy and this record is exactly what I needed to start my summer right. So loving good.

rivals posted:

Transistor Transistor "Ruined Lives" CD/LP Coming May 13

STOKED

gently caress yeah man! I'm so happy with how this turned out, hope everyone digs it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

glueandnails posted:

gently caress yeah man! I'm so happy with how this turned out, hope everyone digs it.

I'm looking forward to it. I'll be at the June 1st NYC show if I can remember it.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
<3 Tranny

I can't wait.

Also, I've been rocking Frodus lately and I dunno if they're kosher, but the last album they put out is loving awesome. Reminds me of Life at These Speeds for some reason.

MrWhite
Nov 3, 2004
"War is god's way of teaching Americans Geography."
-Ambrose Bierce
I went and saw Who Calls So Loud at some guys house in Gainesville tonight. It was a great show, shame I think my friend and I were the only people there to see them.

They're badass guys though.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
NFG cover of No Reason Why (Gorilla Biscuits) is sick.

Clothes Optional
Oct 3, 2004
Okay, I've just begun dabbling in Post-Emo stuff and I would like some recommendations on where to go from here. I love Jimmy Eat World's Clarity and it lead me to trying out Sunny Day Real Estate's Diary, I really love both In Circles and 48 and would love to hear similar sounds. As for hardcore stuff I like Silverstein's Discovering the Waterfront. Go easy on me, I have no idea if these bands are considered jokes or not.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Silverstein is a joke, and Sunny Day Real Estate isn't post-emo, they're one of the earlier emo bands. If you like them, listen to Mineral.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
EDIT: Double post somehow.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 25, 2008

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Anyone here listen to Tankard? A friend of mine just recommended them to me, and they're sick. Really good German crossover stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

Mike_V posted:

I really hope they limit the meathead NYHC. I cannot stand Murphy's Law.

Since when is Murphy's Law a meathead band