Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's probably one of those "default race/type alignment is evil, but individuals don't have to be" things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!

Mylan posted:

Nah. Part of the paladin's code is they can never knowingly associate themselves with evil beings. If he had dinged the monster as evil, it would take pretty much a huge alignment shift (for either party) before a paladin would say he's honored to be it's friend.

That's why I was saying maybe he is talking to it because either
a) He used detect evil and it's not evil
b) He hasn't used detect evil and the monster is evil
c) He hasn't used detect evil and the monster isn't evil.

But I think 'a' is most likely and goatface's answer probably fits. Everybody else just assumed he was evil because of that.

Foodpie
Apr 20, 2006

And THAT is how you get rid of those hard to clean stains.
I'm gonna bet on an unusually smart, juvenile, mis-aligned Terrasque. Considering the level of strength displayed, and the power level of the people he consorts with if it's in the core manual or within normal D&D a Terrasque is the only thing that fits the power profile that isn't a dragon. That or maybe an extremely small cloud or storm giant.

LuchadoresDelNixon
Feb 7, 2007

Moonbase Alpha provides a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite
edit: I am the king of morons.

Foodpie
Apr 20, 2006

I could see a djinn or genie if he was royalty, at least as far as physical strength goes, but if he was his talking shouldn't be unusual.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

Foodpie posted:

I'm gonna bet on an unusually smart, juvenile, mis-aligned Terrasque. Considering the level of strength displayed, and the power level of the people he consorts with if it's in the core manual or within normal D&D a Terrasque is the only thing that fits the power profile that isn't a dragon. That or maybe an extremely small cloud or storm giant.

Nobody's gonna talk about how hideous it looks if it's a cloud giant. I agree with Tarrasque.

Wikipedia says: "Tarrasques have low intelligence and cannot speak. They are neutrally aligned, despite their violent and savage nature (they lack the mental capacity to choose between good or evil)."

So, if this one's a smart Tarrasque, it's not too much of a stretch to assume it's a smart good Tarrasque. Or at least, learning the concept of goodness.

ZorbaTHut fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 23, 2008

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
I bet you all that the monster is just a giant nose.

Foodpie
Apr 20, 2006

O-Chul is awesome. To put up with the torture, the games, all that poo poo. I love him. I really hope he stages a daring and monumental escape at some point.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

Foodpie posted:

O-Chul is awesome. To put up with the torture, the games, all that poo poo. I love him. I really hope he stages a daring and monumental escape at some point.

Yeah, after MIKO (durr) it's nice to see what a REAL Paladin actually plays like. Paladins that are more good then lawful are one of my favorite to play in most settings.

tripwood fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 23, 2008

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

tripwood posted:

Yeah, after Tsukiko it's nice to see what a REAL Paladin actually plays like. Paladins that are more good then lawful are one of my favorite to play in most settings.

I think you mean Miko, but the point is valid.

But if you think about it, all three of the paladins have been different. Miko was nothing like Hinjo who's nothing like O'Chul. Hinjo has his own special breed of awesomeness, but O'Chul is better in every way.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

evilsake posted:

It's probably just the way the tower is drawn rather than anything deliberate, but I like the idea that proximity to the unleashed rift is warping nearby architecture.

That tower was Xykon's doing according to this thread.

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!

Pope Guilty posted:

That tower was Xykon's doing according to this thread.

In the biz we call it a comic.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

And speaking of comic:

new strip is up!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mirror, in preparation for the inevitable site hammering.

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!
^^^ Well, aren't you clever?

Hosted for your convenience.

I hate it too, Elan. This better be worth it :mad:

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Amused Frog posted:

I hate it too, Elan. This better be worth it :mad:

He'd better get the next strip out sooner than next week, too :argh:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm getting a definite monk-like vibe from the guy carrying Durkon.

Monks are awesome.

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!

DoctorTristan posted:

He'd better get the next strip out sooner than next week, too :argh:

I just hope we get some sort of revelation about what the fleet is going to do to survive/if the gang can leave it yet rather than more "we're sailing and there's assassins!" type stuff.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm getting a definite monk-like vibe from the guy carrying Durkon.

Monks are awesome.

That the newly Lorded Daigo. He's either a samurai or fighter-with-Japanese-theme.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Amused Frog posted:

I just hope we get some sort of revelation about what the fleet is going to do to survive/if the gang can leave it yet rather than more "we're sailing and there's assassins!" type stuff.

Betcha this swarm of orcs is an unpleasant surprise for Azurites hoping to start a new life on this island. Maybe Hinjo will smooth over some diplomatic error of Elan's, the refugees can settle on the island, and the stars can finally get going.

Also kudos once more to Burlew for detail. Most every one of those orcs looks like a real individual.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

:siren: New strip is up :siren:

Finally, I get to do one of these

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Arctic Baldwin posted:

:siren: New strip is up :siren:

Finally, I get to do one of these

`gok look forward to first person pronouns' had me laughing way more than it should have.

Edit: I'm guessing that hostage is V, and that s/he's the one giving grammar lessons. In fact I'll stick my neck out even further and bet that they were on the island to try and recruit the orc tribes to help fight the hobgoblins (promising them land near the city after it's retaken).

DoctorTristan fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 29, 2008

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

I'm hoping Thog gets worked into this storyline somehow.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0553.html

New comic is up! Funny stuff! Go read it before the site gets hammered.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
And here it is for when it goes down:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mirror away!

:orks: bgaesop :orks:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Church of Banjo returns, in all its glory.

All hail the lord of chords!

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved
Vaarsuvius is not looking so good.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

ZorbaTHut posted:

Vaarsuvius is not looking so good.

Banjo, on the other hand, is looking better than ever. Until it all goes to poo poo.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
Did anyone ever buy this avatar?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
Did anyone ever buy this as an avatar? A couple of squiggly tentacle animations and that thing is solid gold.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!
New Strip!

And because the site is already loading slowly:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
drat you, Frog!

Well, it looks like Belkar was right. Banjo is old-school, and all about the human sacrifice.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I foresee a difficult decision for Elan: to abandon Banjo to his fate in order to save the rest of them, or risk all their lives to make sure everyone makes it out alive.

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!

MikeJF posted:

I foresee a difficult decision for Elan: to abandon Banjo to his fate in order to save the rest of them, or risk all their lives to make sure everyone makes it out alive.

I'm looking forward to the no-doubt bizarre explanation as to why they worship Banjo in the first place.

Vicissitude posted:

drat you, Frog!

pwned. :c00l:

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Amusing that V is turning evil, but is mocking Elan for cliche's.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Cuchulain posted:

Amusing that V is turning evil, but is mocking Elan for cliche's.

I don't think V's turning evil. The twisted look is probably a result of skipping out on the elven sleep/revery whatever it's called due to obsession with locating Haley. Abandoning the paladin goes right along with V's attitudes in the past. Example: wanting to ignore the dirt farmers that were attacked by ogres when Miko captured the group, arguing that their time could be better spent.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mylan posted:

I don't think V's turning evil. The twisted look is probably a result of skipping out on the elven sleep/revery whatever it's called due to obsession with locating Haley. Abandoning the paladin goes right along with V's attitudes in the past. Example: wanting to ignore the dirt farmers that were attacked by ogres when Miko captured the group, arguing that their time could be better spent.

Considering V is so intent on contacting Haley because it would make up for his or her failings during the war, and this is simply because he/she sees it as an indictment of her level of arcane mastery, thus it has nothing to do with wanting to do good, I'd say it's quite conceivable that the elf has been taking a little trek down the path of less than neutral. I mean, you bring up Miko, but as bitchy as that paladin was, she wasn't really evil up until her big breakdown, was she?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Up until this point, V's entire motivation has been to (Origin of PCs spoilers)stay in a party to level up a bunch (because it's a faster way to become skilled than just studying in a university, due to the convoluted rules of the D&D universe) V is, essentially, a powergamer, right down to forgetting about class feature until they're useful, like the raven.

So now, after all this time, V has gotten attached to the group, and feels terrible about sneaking off in the middle of the big battle. This is just guilt, combined with a lack of sleep.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 8, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!

Mylan posted:

Although V getting a Willow-style evil make-over could be pretty funny.