Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kallun
Mar 29, 2006

Do you like Huey Lewis and the news?
That's it, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

godfather
Jul 9, 2003

LETS GO RED WINGS!
What is the name/band of the song from Fast Times At Ridgemont High that's playing as Phoebe Cates comes out of the pool topless?

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
The Cars - Moving in Stereo

godfather
Jul 9, 2003

LETS GO RED WINGS!

jeff8472 posted:

The Cars - Moving in Stereo

Sweet- thanks, mate!

Andrea Twerkin
Jun 19, 2007

by Peatpot

tender_keith posted:

there's a pop-rock song with a chorus that is something like "in every city that i go". it's a recent song, like it came out in the past year or so. not a famous band at all. i saw the video on youtube and it had the band members holding square green screens in front of them and the whole video was green screen gimmicks.

anyone?

still looking for this. it was three dudes in the band, they were very 'indie' looking. i think they were european. the guys were holding poster-sized green screens in front of them in the video. chorus is something like "in every city that i go".

i really wanna find out who this is :(

cory ad portas
Apr 28, 2008

THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER.
What's the song on episode 1 of Mission Hill when Andy's walking down the street?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

cory ad portas posted:

What's the song on episode 1 of Mission Hill when Andy's walking down the street?

Wikipedia posted:

"Burning Flies" by Looper plays when Andy is walking to his apartment after leaving work.

Gavitron
Sep 11, 2001

One of the downsides of being special is that you feel out of place wherever you go.
Pillbug

godfather posted:

Sweet- thanks, mate!

Seconded! I _JUST_ came in here to identify the same song, having heard it in a Family Guy episode from this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2786576

Vain
Aug 1, 2005
I want to know what the background music that was used in one of Dan Cruickshank's Adventures in Architecture episodes. I'm thinking it might have been from Star Wars or maybe Indiana Jones but I'm really not sure. It's really bugging me because I know the music, I just can't place it. Here's a clip of it that I've uploaded to tindeck.

Vain fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 30, 2008

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005
I heard this song on Youtube once and I can remember only the lyrics.

The refrain kinda goes

What do you do with the pieces of a broken heart
how can a man like me stay in the light
if life really is as short as they say then why is the night so long,
then he played for me this song

I once was a young man like you, afraid to do the things I knew I should do
I tried to play an escapade I tried to play an escapade

So I ... far far ocean
climbed a tall tall mountain

Thats what I remember of the lyrics

Can anyone help me?, thanks in advance.

Fitret
Mar 25, 2003

We are rolling for the King of All Cosmos!
What song plays in this video?

http://inside.nike.com/blogs/nikesoccer/tags/bootcamp

Click on the video on the right.

Rekkit
Nov 5, 2006

Can someone tell me the name of the song, presumably by Led Zeppelin, at the end of this That 70's Show clip? It starts around 1:20. No, I'm not the guy with the comment.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8MoCgylwZ1g

Fitret
Mar 25, 2003

We are rolling for the King of All Cosmos!

Lockmart Lawndart posted:

I heard this song on Youtube once and I can remember only the lyrics.

The refrain kinda goes

What do you do with the pieces of a broken heart
how can a man like me stay in the light
if life really is as short as they say then why is the night so long,
then he played for me this song

I once was a young man like you, afraid to do the things I knew I should do
I tried to play an escapade I tried to play an escapade

So I ... far far ocean
climbed a tall tall mountain

Thats what I remember of the lyrics

Can anyone help me?, thanks in advance.

:google:

http://www.absolutelyrics.com/lyrics/view/m._ward/chinese_translation/

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Please put your hands together for Homosexuals the Gorilla!

Sour Fish posted:

Can someone tell me the name of the song, presumably by Led Zeppelin, at the end of this That 70's Show clip? It starts around 1:20. No, I'm not the guy with the comment.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8MoCgylwZ1g

Pretty sure it's just some generic rock whipped up by Fox, it doesn't sound like any Zeppelin I've ever heard and they NEVER lend their songs out to movies or TV shows anyway (but cadillac is AOK I guess)

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I'm trying to ID a spoken-word song I heard on the radio. It was played back-to-back with Michael Hall's "I Had a Girl in Dien Bien Phu", also a mixed spoken/sung piece (http://www.michaelhall.org/songlyrics.htm for sound clip).

The song I can't ID had a man describing how he went on a date with an older woman, how they drove up into the hills about LA in her expensive car. Then the women climbs all over him while explaining some sort of life advice about relaxing and living in the moment. It was spoken word piece, maybe some singing (or more melodic speaking) on the chorus where he repeats the woman's advice. Vaguely ethereal electronica-type backing, if I recall right.

The "Dien Bien Phu" song linked above somewhat resembles it in style, but it was a little less stylized in the speaking, music was a less trippy and more relaxed, etc. I looked over some other Michael Hall songs and didn't recognize it, so I'm not thinking it's the same artist on a different album, but perhaps someone in a similar genre.

Does that ring a bell for anyone?

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 1, 2008

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I'm trying to ID a spoken-word song I heard on the radio. It was played back-to-back with Michael Hall's "I Had a Girl in Dien Bien Phu", also a mixed spoken/sung piece (http://www.michaelhall.org/songlyrics.htm for sound clip).

The song I can't ID had a man describing how he went on a date with an older woman, how they drove up into the hills about LA in her expensive car. Then the women climbs all over him while explaining some sort of life advice about relaxing and living in the moment. It was spoken word piece, maybe some singing (or more melodic speaking) on the chorus where he repeats the woman's advice. Vaguely ethereal electronica-type backing, if I recall right.

The "Dien Bien Phu" song linked above somewhat resembles it in style, but it was a little less stylized in the speaking, music was a less trippy and more relaxed, etc. I looked over some other Michael Hall songs and didn't recognize it, so I'm not thinking it's the same artist on a different album, but perhaps someone in a similar genre.

I think I know which one you're talking about, but I really don't know who does it. The guy talks about how she drove up Mulholland Dr, right? They play it on 94.7 sometimes.

Anuv
Apr 4, 2008

by Fragmaster
Does anyone know what song was on the original "Get Your rear end to Mars" YTMND? It was kinda Benny Hill-ish, but repeated and was all "dun dun dun dun dan dan dan dan dunh, dun dun dun dun dah dah dah dahn dun." It sounds so familiar, but I don't know what it's called.

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

Anuv posted:

Does anyone know what song was on the original "Get Your rear end to Mars" YTMND? It was kinda Benny Hill-ish, but repeated and was all "dun dun dun dun dan dan dan dan dunh, dun dun dun dun dah dah dah dahn dun." It sounds so familiar, but I don't know what it's called.
I'm not sure which is the original, but a YouTube version I looked up used "Sandstorm" by Darude, which I think has the sound you describe.

Anuv
Apr 4, 2008

by Fragmaster

Spider Crusoe posted:

I'm not sure which is the original, but a YouTube version I looked up used "Sandstorm" by Darude, which I think has the sound you describe.

Aha, nope. Found it here:

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/9/7/a/97a5287f388ca7ce9b87492c7c2c5b95.mp3

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Please put your hands together for Homosexuals the Gorilla!

Anuv posted:

Spanish Flea by Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

That would be Hey Pretty (Drive-By 2001 Mix) by Poe. The man reading is Mark Z. Danielewski (her brother), and he's reading an excerpt from his book House of Leaves.

Edit: Well, it could be, at any rate -- it's definitely the song Medium Bi is referring to.

Sweetwater Kill fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 3, 2008

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Sweetwater Kill posted:

That would be Hey Pretty (Drive-By 2001 Mix) by Poe. The man reading is Mark Z. Danielewski (her brother), and he's reading an excerpt from his book House of Leaves.

Edit: Well, it could be, at any rate -- it's definitely the song Medium Bi is referring to.

Bingo! Ah, goonpower in action...

Thanks much to the both of y'all.

PS: is your username based of the Rasputina song, or is it an earlier reference?

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Bingo! Ah, goonpower in action...

Thanks much to the both of y'all.

PS: is your username based of the Rasputina song, or is it an earlier reference?

No problem, and yes, it's after the Rasputina song. :)

Water Cucumber
Mar 16, 2007

Feelin' so good!
It went like "I think you want someone crazy/insane" or something to that effect, and it had kind of a punk-ish sound to the song. It was on a classic rock station, if I'm not mistaken.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Water Cucumber posted:

It went like "I think you want someone crazy/insane" or something to that effect, and it had kind of a punk-ish sound to the song. It was on a classic rock station, if I'm not mistaken.

Was it You May Be Right by Billy Joel?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxNOCl7S7lU

2manymans
Sep 1, 2007
no
I've been listening to the track 'Development' by Dan le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip, which is all well and exciting, but there's one line where Pip raps:

"I remember hearing Mos Def rhyme the alphabet
I just sat there in silence as a sign of respect
I knew what I had to do and that's what happened next
I rhymed the periodic table to stay one step ahead"

I'd love to hear the Mos Def song he's talking about. Anyone know what it is? I can't find it anywhere :-(

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

appregator posted:

I've been listening to the track 'Development' by Dan le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip, which is all well and exciting, but there's one line where Pip raps:

"I remember hearing Mos Def rhyme the alphabet
I just sat there in silence as a sign of respect
I knew what I had to do and that's what happened next
I rhymed the periodic table to stay one step ahead"

I'd love to hear the Mos Def song he's talking about. Anyone know what it is? I can't find it anywhere :-(

"Universal Magnetic"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsoCr5KoNoM

He re-did this concept w/ different lyrics on the Rawkus comp "Soundbombing Vol. 2" as well

2manymans
Sep 1, 2007
no

RapHandz posted:

"Universal Magnetic"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsoCr5KoNoM

He re-did this concept w/ different lyrics on the Rawkus comp "Soundbombing Vol. 2" as well

Thank you so much!

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
In Cleveland, Ohio, WTAM 1100 had a radio personality named Rick Gilmour (maybe spelled "Gilmore") a few years back (around 1998-2002 or something like that). What was the intro/outro theme to his radio show? The part that played was a mellow guitar solo and some rolling drums... no lyrics in the clip that was on the radio show, but the actual song does have lyrics (which I can't remember, unfortunately).

Someone told me it was a song by Third Eye Blind, but none of their music that I can find matches the song.

SuperS
Oct 28, 2007
i'm not that super, really
can anyone ID this riff?

should be from a 90s alternative group

http://www.zshare.net/audio/11604744da033eab/

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

Tomato Burger posted:

In Cleveland, Ohio, WTAM 1100 had a radio personality named Rick Gilmour (maybe spelled "Gilmore") a few years back (around 1998-2002 or something like that). What was the intro/outro theme to his radio show? The part that played was a mellow guitar solo and some rolling drums... no lyrics in the clip that was on the radio show, but the actual song does have lyrics (which I can't remember, unfortunately).

Someone told me it was a song by Third Eye Blind, but none of their music that I can find matches the song.

The song I was thinking of was "One Headlight" by The Wallflowers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfBsf1lYOr0

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
Where is this from... the lyrics go as follows:

"it's a crazy mixed up world
it's a doggy dog world
everybodys shacking up
married folks are packing up
countries going up in smoke
where is noah with his boat"

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

Busy Bee posted:

Where is this from... the lyrics go as follows:

"it's a crazy mixed up world
it's a doggy dog world
everybodys shacking up
married folks are packing up
countries going up in smoke
where is noah with his boat"

I don't have an answer for you, but it's "dog-eat-dog world". I remember making that exact mistake when I was younger, and my entire family laughed at me over it. :( Now I never forget.

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe
http://www.zshare.net/audio/11642355760a71d1/

What is this?

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven;
lower your eyelids to die with the sun.
Hi friends, anyone know a like reggae or ska song that goes "caught you playing in the cookie jar" and "shame on you" and later "hands in the cookie jar"? I tried searching but all it came up with was Dave Matthews band... Thanks!

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Saw a show in Austin where the band covered a Carribean song, though I'm not sure if the original version would have been ska, calypso, dancehall or what.

The gist of the chorus was something about lemons, and how they can be "so sweet to some, and so sour to me", or something like that. Some kind of metaphorical song about poor treatment from a woman, etc.

It is definitely not the 1960s Folk Revival "lemon tree very pretty/ and the lemon flower sweet / but the fruit of the poor lemon / is impossible to eat." Vaguely similar concept, but more barbed humor and less lamenting, different melody, etc.

I realize this is pretty vague, but figured we must have some Caribbophile goons here.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Medium Bi posted:

I don't have an answer for you, but it's "dog-eat-dog world". I remember making that exact mistake when I was younger, and my entire family laughed at me over it. :( Now I never forget.

Although if this is a Snoop Dogg song, "doggy dog world" is entirely possible and I believe I've heard a song of his that had such a lyric in it...don't rule it out, anyway.

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?
There's this dance-pop song that keeps playing at my work. It comes off kind of theatrical. The only lyrics I can remember are when the guy belts out "Allllll myyyyy liiiife". Even if I guessed that was the song title, "All My Life" is probably the most common song title in existence. I have only heard the song on my employer's pre-selected music CD, so its not exactly a popular radio tune. The song must have come out in the 21st century, as these CDs only contain new music. I know its definitely of the pop/dance persuasion and nothing incredibly obscure, I just don't know the genre very well. I can't check what songs are on each CD as the player is locked up.

I actually like it, so help if you can. Sorry the details are so lovely. :(

Chop Licker
Apr 25, 2005

by mons al-madeen

EllisD posted:

There's this dance-pop song that keeps playing at my work. It comes off kind of theatrical. The only lyrics I can remember are when the guy belts out "Allllll myyyyy liiiife". Even if I guessed that was the song title, "All My Life" is probably the most common song title in existence. I have only heard the song on my employer's pre-selected music CD, so its not exactly a popular radio tune. The song must have come out in the 21st century, as these CDs only contain new music. I know its definitely of the pop/dance persuasion and nothing incredibly obscure, I just don't know the genre very well. I can't check what songs are on each CD as the player is locked up.

I actually like it, so help if you can. Sorry the details are so lovely. :(

Try K-Ci and JoJo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

Here's a throw back - I remember seeing a music video in the late 80's or early 90's that had a baby boy as a singer. The video had him rolling around in a stroller wearing sunglasses with a super-hot mom while schmoozing all the little baby girls.

The song was total gibberish other than the word "Baby" and it was irritating as gently caress.

Any ideas what it was called or where I could find it?