Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

Simkin posted:

That's an awfully steep price for something that even if properly restored, won't ever be a terribly cool/valuable car. All the weather stripping will be cracked/crumbling/nonexistant, and even if the drivetrain is in serviceable order, you will have trouble overtaking the Amish on rural roads.

For $500? Sure.

You kidding? Those things have quite a following. I'd say he could get his asking price in a heartbeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Simkin posted:

That's an awfully steep price for something that even if properly restored, won't ever be a terribly cool/valuable car. All the weather stripping will be cracked/crumbling/nonexistant, and even if the drivetrain is in serviceable order, you will have trouble overtaking the Amish on rural roads.

For $500? Sure.

I beg to differ. Since being terribly 'cool' means different things to different people, and I would argue that Datsun is incredibly cool. Then again, I drive a 74 AMC Hornet so what do I know about cool :colbert:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
I just was under the impression that the later 510 was a more desireable car, but I guess that's just my opinion. :confused:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Convertable Aprilia!

And...I don't think that's a legitimate VIN, btw.

bloodsoup
Jun 7, 2005

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

bloodsoup posted:

That is the proper vehicle in which to go to an anime convention.

And nothing else.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

VideoTapir posted:

That is the proper vehicle in which to go to an anime convention.

And nothing else.
Given the desert setting in the photo it wouldn't surprise me if it was made for Burning Man.

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Laissez les bons temps rouler
Hey guys this is a great deal...

Oh.

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/car/666110917.html

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Slur, your fighting style is extremely problematic!

Bob Sapp Please posted:

Hey guys this is a great deal...

Oh.

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/car/666110917.html
Took me a few moments to notice...

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I once was trying to get rid of my short school bus I used to move down to Austin. I was getting fed up of people calling me about it who were clearly high. However, one caller was a mother who was considering buying it for her son as his first car. She had seen the picture of it so she knew what she would be getting into. She is most likely the best mother ever.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Not Craigslist, but just as insane.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
"Hey boss, what should I put for the 'buy it now' price?"
"I dunno, just type some numbers."

quote:

THE SHELBY KR's will be "epa" rated and street legal before May 1st. DON't Panic (only if you drive a car with an ugly bow tie, you should be worried)

I don't think Chevrolet has any new vehicles that could be shamed by this, save ones that could be shamed by a V6 Mustang.

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Huh huh huh huh huh! And you just said Hi! Hi! Hi! Heh heh heh! You sounded like ahh ha ha my niece! And she's six months old ha ha ha!

b0nes posted:

Why does the window sticker say it's not street legal??

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nitrox posted:

Took me a few moments to notice...

Care to help us clueless AI goons?

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

CommieGIR posted:

Care to help us clueless AI goons?

I think it's the 100k warranty on a car with 101k miles on it.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Pweller posted:

102k miles

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Pweller posted:

Is that any worse than a 7 year warranty on an 11 year old car?

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Laissez les bons temps rouler
Who wants a "wacky fun party truck"?

quote:

1993 S10, 131,772 miles. 2.8 liter V6. This a wacky fun party truck, just painted a dark red. Helper springs on rear. truck runs strong. Needs nothing to party. If you need a chick magnet truck that gets good mileage call,850-543-8023 or 850-401-3039.

There's only two kinds of chicks this truck will attract:
1) Fat redneck woman
2) A chicken

My money is on #1. Why else would he have helper springs?

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/car/668379774.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DAT RAM fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 5, 2008

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi
http://madison.craigslist.org/car/667891422.html

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

b0nes posted:

I like how the car is poorly photoshopped onto their lot.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Anyone need a '70 GTO parts car?

Craigslist posted:

70 GTO parts car, 1000 obo xxx-xxx or (email) cell works sometines out here. I was rebuilding it frame up. the frame is painted, the Aarms have been stolen, along with the rear end

Only $1000? You can't afford not to buy it!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Pweller posted:

I don't know about that though. I work for a program that offers those types of used car warranties(not service contracts thank god) to dealerships, and under our program it'd be covered until you put on 100k miles, or 3 years. That's not however one of our dealerships so I don't know how their program is setup.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

These are the people that buy mid 90's Jags.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Sterndotstern posted:

These are the people that buy mid 90's Jags.

What does that even say?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Oh poo poo. The cheaper cousin of Speed and Class, found on Phoenix Craigslist

quote:

Hello, wellcome to my add
More photo's are available upon request. New tires. Clean engine, no leaks and no burning of oil.

THE HEAVY DUTY STEEL LOCK LOCKS THE SHIFTER IN 5TH GEAR AND PREVENTS THEFT. DIGITAL CLARION CD/RADIO AND C/D CHANGER. (THERE IS ALSO A BUILT IN AMP AND SUB WOOFER IN TRUNK. NOT HOOKED UP BUT I AM INCLUDING WITH SALE). TAILLAMP COVERS FOG LIGHTS (LIGHTED UP SWITCH ON DASH). CUSTOM 17" OPTIMA ALLOY WHEELS DAYTONA 205/40/ZR17 LOW PROFILE TIRES. REMOTE TRUNK RELEASE "PULL WIRE" LOCATED INSIDE CAR TO RELEASE TRUNK WHILE INSIDE CAR. (NORMALLY NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL 1993).
I THINK THE PICTURES SAY IT ALL. THIS VEHICLE LOOKS AWESOME. THE CAR DOES NOT HAVE ANY DENTS OR DINGS. THERE ARE A FEW CHIPS HERE AND THERE, BUT THEY ARE MINOR AND NOT EASILY NOTICEABLE . THE SOFT TOP VINYL TOP IS IN MINT SHAPE THE CAR DRIVES PERFECT. THE CLUTCH WAS REPLACED LAST YEAR AND THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION SHIFT SMOOTHLY. THE OIL HAS BEEN CHANGED EVERY 2,000 MILES RELIGIOUSLY. THE ALTERNATOR WAS ALSO REPLACED LAST YEAR. TO MY KNOWLEDGE, THE TIMING BELT HAS NOT YET BEEN REPLACED. (DUE TO LOW MILEAGE).

Air conditioning, Red Exterior, Radio FM/AM, Leather seats, Manual, Air conditioning Black // Red, Black // Red, CD player, Convertible, Only 47554 Miles, Only 47554 Miles.
Thanks!

Jesus loving christ that's terrible. :barf:

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

IOwnCalculus posted:

Oh poo poo. The cheaper cousin of Speed and Class, found on Phoenix Craigslist

I kinda like the side skirts, but everything else is garbage.

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

At this price, the car is a steal! But you can't steal it because THE HEAVY DUTY STEEL LOCK LOCKS THE SHIFTER IN 5TH GEAR AND PREVENTS THEFT. :woop:

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!

Simkin posted:

I just was under the impression that the later 510 was a more desireable car, but I guess that's just my opinion. :confused:

You ain't alone. I realize the 510 has its goofy fanboys, but $2500 for that wagon? :laffo:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Chain Chomp posted:

At this price, the car is a steal! But you can't steal it because THE HEAVY DUTY STEEL LOCK LOCKS THE SHIFTER IN 5TH GEAR AND PREVENTS THEFT. :woop:

Ahahaha. :google: that phrase - it looks like on top of everything it's actually a scam posting. Figures because nobody who actually liked that abomination would think it worth anything less than $10k.

scheissmacht
Oct 23, 2000

quote:

need land rover, or mercedes 190 2.6 - $3000 (west end)

Date: 2008-05-08, 12:15PM EDT

Need owner finacncing to be paid off by summer. Good condition, reliable. Single mom in need of transportation with a little style. please contact 605-5651 or email iamsoican@yahoo.com Thanks for considering. also consider jeep cherokee sport black color or champagne.

spotted this today, even if she does get some sap to finance her aren't any of those things rather pricey to operate let alone repair?

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!
According to my phone logs, I called this number 23 times in the hour I was tracking this. I found the listing 40 minutes after it was posted, which I'd imagine was 39 minutes too late. By the time I started calling his phone was turned off and his voicemail was full.

I want a loving cannon.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blinky Blinkerson
May 9, 2006
I realize that I should be making GBS threads on someone's ad, but someone needs to buy this. (no garage = not me)

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/car/673412832.html

Triumph GT6+ Needs total resto, but only asking $425

honkykong
Sep 20, 2005

Found a nice corvette for anyone looking...

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/car/674132658.html

quote:

1978 Corvette - For One Cool Dude - $11999 (Olmsted Falls)

It's a corvette. Wrap some fiberglass on your rear end! You are almost assured death driving this car into a tree or another car, but what the hell...you only live once, why not be self descructive every step of the way. God loves it when you tempt fate.

The cars engine is perfect with a huge list of new parts, The body is near perfect, you can judge for yourself if you can get off your rear end to see the car. Also, the interior is decent, and there's a working 8 Track player with a Jimi Hendrix 8 Track in there for you. I also have a 8 Track to cassette converter so you can play your old Metallica and Megadeath tapes with a set of highway trooper sunglasses on.

I can get better pictures if you can get a better personality. I may trade up / down, and I am openminded...but am really not into suv's. Thanks for looking, and here's to hoping that there is a really cheap hooker in your future. I forgot...it has t-tops. This car has pre-teen chicks running behind it the second you drive it by a school. Get some!

Lynex83
Mar 28, 2008

Pweller posted:

I thought it was the floor mats.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I really really want this. If I owned an acre of land and a single-wide, I would buy it in a second.

http://ocala.craigslist.org/car/672863879.html

Craigslist posted:

91 Toyota Tercel Turbo 40 mpg - $1800 (belleville)
Reply to: sale-672863879@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-05-08, 12:57PM EDT

This is a 91 toyota tercel. I did an engine swap and it now has a 1.3L turbo motor and 5 speed tranny with only 40k miles on both. The turbo puts in about 10 psi. It comes with all new speakers. The car gets 40 mpg . I really like the car for the milage it gets and its really fun to drive and all the looks that you get. I need a truck now though so i have to get rid of it. OVER 5000 INVESTED Please call 618-410-1273 to inquire. thanks

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
In the vein of :monocle: CL ads:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/679314227.html

CLad posted:

I have a 1998 VTR1000F that I started working on some years ago, I found the last of the Moriwaki and HRC race parts for the bike.
NEW HRC Close Ration Transmission
NEW HRC Ignition Module
NEW MORIWAKI Cams
NEW MORIWAKI Oversize stainless valves
NEW MORIWAKI Valve Springs
NEW Custom Made Titanium Retainers By RD
NEW Custom Made Adjustable Cam Sprockets
NEW V-Two High Compression Pistons
3 different jet kits
Two brothers aluninum full system
Heli Bars
Vortex Tripple Clamps
900RR 45mm Forks
Race Teck and Progressive
Ohlins rear shock
Marchesini Magnesium race wheels
R6 rear caliper
Marchesini floating rear disc
NEW EBC Pro-lites
Steel braided lines
Flow Commander
6 Piston Tikiko calipers
Graves fairing mount
Extra Frame, motor, wheels, forks

Many parts are performance coated. cams, valves & springs and transmission
Frame, wheels Powder coated
Frame is boxed in per Moriwaki
Swingarm is braced per Moriwaki

NEW Michelin slicks

Lower end is together, cranked checked, NEW coated crank and rod bearings installed, V-Tow pistons also coated are installed. Heads are ported, valves matched, all is waiting is the need of copper head gaskets, and cams installed, heads assembled and installed on motor. Just don't have the time to finish and it just sits. I would rather someone finish this than let it sit.

I could deliver to Bay area for cost of gas. I am giving this away, the Moriwaki parts cost me more than I am asking. Best out of site out of mine.

$4000 OBO.

I think we can all empathize with the seller in terms of the 'selling for less than I have into it' aspect of project vehicles, it's just a shame when it's so close to the finish line. :eng99:

With the exhaust cans installed, but no piping to the engine, it kind of looks like it has some sort of boosters strapped onto it.

:supaburn:

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
It's on eBay but i know a lot of people here like little strange cars.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdgconnectionQ2d2008

This guy has four different Chevy Turbo Sprints for sale. I've never actually seen one before but it's small and turbo so someone here might be interested.

star trek extra credit
Jun 3, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

$89,000

For an Isuzu Box Truck...

With 84,000 miles on it....

This makes me ridiculously proud to live in Chattanooga.

edit: To contribute, there's not much that's that great on our craigslist board here, but how about a DUMP TRUCK?!?!

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/car/679409061.html

star trek extra credit fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 15, 2008

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

VanFullOfMidgets posted:

This makes me ridiculously proud to live in Chattanooga.

edit: To contribute, there's not much that's that great on our craigslist board here, but how about a DUMP TRUCK?!?!

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/car/679409061.html

I'm in Cleveland, TN and if it is diesel I would buy it.

Thats actually pretty cool, disconnect the rear and you'd have a nice truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Toucan Sam posted:

This guy has four different Chevy Turbo Sprints for sale. I've never actually seen one before but it's small and turbo so someone here might be interested.

They used to be very common back in the late 80s/90s but I haven't seen one for some time. As a matter of fact, I rarely see a regular one now either.