Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO
A friend of mine found the Mementor Mori/Kylesa split for $6, we fought over, he won, but then we got drunk and he lost it. We woke up in the morning, found it and fought over it again. He's a real bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

ManoliIsFat posted:

The cover of "Warsaw" on there is prob. my favorite thing justin pearson has ever done.

Yeah, it's so good.

Also, today I bought what was kindof my white whale off of a B9 kid. So loving stoked to get it:

Champion | Different Directions | 2006 | Bridge Nine | Gold | 100

It was a band/friends only press with a few tossed in on preorders.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Saw Systematic Death/Tragedy/Hellshock last night. Oh my loving god.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white
rivals did you really spend the money to get the Who Calls So Loud LP from Europe? It hit US distros today, coulda saved like 14 bucks.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah, I ordered it the moment I woke up right when I saw the thread assuming there'd be some limited variation that would go quick. After I ordered I re-read the vlv thread and promptly wanted to die.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all

rivals posted:

Yeah, that show is going to be loving ridiculous. Limited to 300 people. I haven't seen NFG in like 6 years.

They were still good live bout 3 years ago (last time I saw'em) So long as their drop their last album off the playlist it should be a great time. I really really hope ISHC "opens"

I'll be leapin like an rear end in a top hat if they do

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

They are opening indeed. The schedule for the night is:

ISHC
B9 free poo poo raffle/giveaway
NFG

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Big Blue Violence posted:

rivals did you really spend the money to get the Who Calls So Loud LP from Europe? It hit US distros today, coulda saved like 14 bucks.

Do you have a link? I'm looking for this and don't want to pay in Euros.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

acup posted:

Sleepywindow on VLV, I think you posted in the thread already. Otherwise Titus at Vinyl Junkie Distro should have em soon.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

acup posted:

This guy posted a bulletin earlier today saying he has it for $20 ppd.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah that's Sleepywindow's distro.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
Oh that makes sense then. I think I added it way back when the Euro press of Daitro/Sed Non sold out in like an hour, and I never know who it was, haha.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah. Speaking of that split, Code Of Ethics just put out the US press of it for 10ppd.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Not an Anthem posted:

I'm jealous.. BUT this summer I'm following Annihilation Time's west coast tour dates. Def. jealous of Skitkids though, I need to get the new lp. Last time they were in the US we had a stagedive olympics with some awesome blind double stack backflips.

You needn't have been jealous. Annihilation Time didn't make it into the country. Got turned back at customs.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

MattWPBS posted:

You needn't have been jealous. Annihilation Time didn't make it into the country. Got turned back at customs.

Agh! Terrible. If you're into Out With A Bang, Allessandro's now in the Flying Tricechos. Dunno who else is in it but I really need to find time to drive out and see them.

Listening to Acrostix's (A Chain of) Hatred, picked up a handful of records with some major bummers (Germ Attack's Ouroborus) and some really great stuff (Kansanturbamusiikkikomissio 666). Zero Boys playing soon!

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
4 days until BANE!!!!!!!
;-* ;-* ;-* ;-* ;-* ;-* ;-* ;-* ;-* ;-*

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

caleb posted:

4 days until BANE!!!!!!!

We just played the show in Baltimore with them! poo poo was tight.

ddonahue99 posted:

Yeah, the bay area is ridiculous right now. Some upcoming shows:

May 9 - Comadre, Loma Prieta, Capsule, Furnace
May 10 - Comadre, Ceremony, others
May 17 and 18 - Graf Orlock, Ghostlimb
June 8 - Ampere, Baader Brains, Punch
June 12 - Young Widows, Russian Circles, Daughters
August 1 - Portraits of Past, others TBA in SF
August 2 - Portraits of Past, La Quiete, Phoenix Bodies, Comadre in Berkeley
August 3 - Comadre, La Quiete, Phoenix Bodies, Who Calls So Loud in Redwood City
September 20ish - Graf Orlock, Zann, Comadre, more (Kinda Like a Fest 4)

Much rock is on the horizon.

This is loving great. Graf Orlock really needs to come to the east coast, especially Capsule. Ceremony is coming here though, pretty stoked on that.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Not an Anthem posted:

Agh! Terrible. If you're into Out With A Bang, Allessandro's now in the Flying Tricechos. Dunno who else is in it but I really need to find time to drive out and see them.

Listening to Acrostix's (A Chain of) Hatred, picked up a handful of records with some major bummers (Germ Attack's Ouroborus) and some really great stuff (Kansanturbamusiikkikomissio 666). Zero Boys playing soon!

Wait, are the Zero Boys touring?

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.

caleb posted:

4 days until BANE!!!!!!!

they're playing down the street from me today
I might go down. If I'm bored.

Ok that's a lie I really need to go.

edit: it might be tomorrow. I don't know much of anything.

Coneslammer
Mar 21, 2005

by Ozma
Any fans of fast melodic, technical stuff check out Sunsgrind, particularly the first song Luck of the Draw.

http://www.myspace.com/sunsgrind

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

rivals posted:

Yeah, that show is going to be loving ridiculous. Limited to 300 people. I haven't seen NFG in like 6 years.

Yeah, gently caress it. I just ordered my tickets to the NFG show, I haven't paid attention to them in at least 6 years also but going to their shows right before they blew up was so much loving fun.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The new Transistor Transistor stuff is fuckin' awesome.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong
The new Shai Hulud is really good. They re-recorded Set Your Body Ablaze.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
Is it like the one song they posted on their myspace a few weeks back? Because if it is, I'd have to disagree. The new singer sounded terrible.

Coneslammer posted:

Any fans of fast melodic, technical stuff check out Sunsgrind, particularly the first song Luck of the Draw.

http://www.myspace.com/sunsgrind

This band should not have grind in their name. :(

BRAIN HANDLE fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 9, 2008

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
He sounds a bit better on CD. He still has kind of a monotone thing going on, but the other songs are more varied than the one on Myspace. I don't think Shai Hulud has ever been known for vocal variety though.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
Oh I wasn't complaining about variety, the new singer just sounded like a generic metalcore dude to go with some generic metalcore. The song on myspace seemed to lack something that made Shai Hulud fun to listen to.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.
I didn't like the new song put on the Myspace too much, it was kinda simple for Shai Hulud, but all my friends say the final product is loving amazing. Saw the layout of the album and it's great, I can't wait to hear it.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008

Big Blue Violence posted:

Oh I wasn't complaining about variety, the new singer just sounded like a generic metalcore dude to go with some generic metalcore. The song on myspace seemed to lack something that made Shai Hulud fun to listen to.

Yeah, I don't like the new singer as much as Geert. But the song on Myspace is probably the most straightforward one of the bunch. The rest of it sounds more like classic Hulud.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Any Latterman junkies around? I just got their DVD a couple days ago and it just made me even more bummed about them breaking up. Matt's new sideproject Shorebirds is pretty amazing, though. Looks like they're gonna be touring and putting out a full-length this summer. Stoked.

Also, as of late (well...more like since the end of December) I've been basically unable to listen to anything but Hot Water Music. Anyone going to the reunions in Philly or NYC?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The new shai hulud seems to me like they went a bit more metalcore than they used to be.
Probably need to give it another listen though.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

The new Verse album is available for preorder at both Bridge 9 (CD) and Rivalry Records (LP).

If you preorder either copy, you can download the album right after you order.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Also on B9 there are preorders for the Have Heart 7" and orders for the Verse 7", and deathwish has preorders for the new Killing The Dream LP up.

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access

caleb posted:

4 days until BANE!!!!!!!

They were here on Thursday and I couldn't get a ride :(

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Shai Hulud's new album has leaked. What does everyone think?

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Angiepants posted:

Any Latterman junkies around? I just got their DVD a couple days ago and it just made me even more bummed about them breaking up. Matt's new sideproject Shorebirds is pretty amazing, though. Looks like they're gonna be touring and putting out a full-length this summer. Stoked.

Also, as of late (well...more like since the end of December) I've been basically unable to listen to anything but Hot Water Music. Anyone going to the reunions in Philly or NYC?

Oh god Latterman. <3 I've been meaning to pick up the DVD.

Also, on the pop-punk note, i'm seeing Leatherface with Paint It Black in like a week. Fuuuuck yes.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Lazlowrocks posted:

They were here on Thursday and I couldn't get a ride :(

I didn't end up getting a ride :(

So bummed. I had been waiting like 2 months for the show too.

stevefukkinc
Oct 10, 2004
TUB-THUMPING,
PAROCHIAL
McKNOB
BILLY BAO.

People heed this name.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Got the Syphilitic Vaginas repress, this is pretty funny/awesome for a GISM reference, sort of Randy Uchida Group reference too, everything is just changed to "night." Slept on their earlier stuff (split, tapes, 9" etc). Had no idea who it was and suspected it obviously wasn't japanese, real identity came as a surprise.

Chaos, you don't have extras of the Netjajev/Syphilitic split do you?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

Got the Syphilitic Vaginas repress, this is pretty funny/awesome for a GISM reference, sort of Randy Uchida Group reference too, everything is just changed to "night." Slept on their earlier stuff (split, tapes, 9" etc). Had no idea who it was and suspected it obviously wasn't japanese, real identity came as a surprise.

Chaos, you don't have extras of the Netjajev/Syphilitic split do you?

Just traded away my last extra. Sorry man. If it's any consolation, the SV stuff on that split sounds pretty different to what he's doing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

RunTo TheHills posted:

Oh god Latterman. <3 I've been meaning to pick up the DVD.

Also, on the pop-punk note, i'm seeing Leatherface with Paint It Black in like a week. Fuuuuck yes.

Actually, the Latterman DVD is somewhat underwhelming. The crowd is just not into it and you can totally tell that the guys are affected by that. It's definitely not the HOLYSHITAMAZING scream-a-long type of show.

Also, gently caress you for that show. I want to go.