Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
So I was myspace chatting with Jonathan Vance of the amazing 80's hardcore/emo band Moss Icon, and he tells me they're working on a new album.

holy loving poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

So I was myspace chatting with Jonathan Vance of the amazing 80's hardcore/emo band Moss Icon, and he tells me they're working on a new album.

holy loving poo poo.

Oh my.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Got the new Specters record in the mail today, these guys have a good idea. Looking drat well forward to the release of ATIII and a summer of good times. Sucks they got shot down for the euro tour, but I guess if they didn't it wouldn't make them legit. Anyone wanna play a basement show in Winston Salem, NC hit me up on PM.

EDIT: I'll grab a bus to go see the Zero Boys if they promise to play I'm Bored.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
None More Black is back together for a show in Philly. :v:

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

EvilRobot posted:

Got the new Specters
Spectres? The vancouver band? They rock. Guys from that band also run Distort Vancouver which they will be playing at with an awesome roster.

Got back from Chaos in Tejas and I kinda lost my poo poo getting records and seeing shows. Very awesome.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO
The Witch Hunt/To What End? split 7" is finally out, I'm stoked. It doesn't seem like most folks here are real into crusty stuff though.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..
Screamo dudes, when is the Phoenix Bodies/La Quiete split supposed to come out? I just barely found out about it now.

And what's the deal with Louise Cyphre these days? Are they still "taking a break?" I haven't paid attention to this poo poo in forever.

albear fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 20, 2008

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Angiepants posted:

Aaaaand LaGrecia broke up. What the gently caress, Shevchuk?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Hydrac7 posted:

Screamo dudes, when is the Phoenix Bodies/La Quiete split supposed to come out? I just barely found out about it now.

And what's the deal with Louise Cyphre these days? Are they still "taking a break?" I haven't paid attention to this poo poo in forever.

Not sure on an exact date, but they're touring with La Quiete in August so I'm guessing either July or August.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

holy loving poo poo.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Angiepants posted:

Hey, um. Do you want to move Philly out to the West Coast please? I would appreciate it.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm going to see The Adicts, the Dickies, and the Diffs tonight at House of Blues. I'm so loving excited I can't even stand it. Don't care too much about the Dickies or the Diffs, but the Adicts! Holy poo poo! I wish it wasn't two days before finals though, I should really be studying tonight instead of getting drunk and slam dancing.

Anyone else caught part of this tour?

E: Or going?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

Hydrac7 posted:

Phoenix Bodies' myspace has tour dates.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Angiepants posted:

Aaaaand LaGrecia broke up. What the gently caress, Shevchuk?

According to Shevchuk:

quote:

LaGrecia formed in May of last year. By July, Dana and I found ourselves in a Romantic Relationship. The band rolled on at a good pace. It was fun. We had a fun summer. Dana decided it would be a good idea to end our relationship in January. The band pressed on and ended up becoming more a burden and an awkward situation for me. How could it not. When your escape becomes your prison things can feel crazy. I'm sorry Sal was caught in the middle.

I left the band in March with the intentions of never playing in a band again. NMB getting back together was never in the back of mind. In April, Colin came up to NYC to hang with Paul and I. We had a great time, as we always do. We kicked around the idea of playing again on a casual level. NMB is going to be playing shows again.

I'm really bummed out that they're breaking up, but I did get a chance to see them open for the Loved Ones and Gaslight Anthem. But as you can probably tell by my username, I'm loving stoked that None More Black is going to be playing shows.

With an S. gently caress yeah.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
a friend was throwing stuff out and I nabbed some mediocre records for free, including a pg 99 self titled 10".. is it worth anyting?

same tracklist minus last two as this: http://tinyurl.com/4uo76h but with color cover and some little printed booklet

edit- http://www.electrichumanproject.com/releases/5.html

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 21, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Doc 8 is such a loving good album. You could probably get 20-30ish for the 10" on eBay.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

Why wouldn't you just keep it pg. 99 is extremely good.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..
I guess now is the time for me to come out clean and say I was never really into pg.99 and thought they were mostly boring. But they had a few good songs.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

Hydrac7 posted:

I guess now is the time for me to come out clean and say I was never really into pg.99 and thought they were mostly boring. But they had a few good songs.

I can see how one might consider them hit and miss because of their many many many members I guess, but boring?

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Hydrac7 posted:

Albert Ma does not give one gently caress about his screamo cred anymore. I'm also not huge into Pg. 99 but they are enjoyable every now and then.

I've recently been listening to a lot of Life at These Speeds. Everything that band did was fantastic.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

I really miss Geert's vocs, but the new Shai is pretty impressive. I wish the mix was better, but the riffs are loving awesome.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

ddonahue99 posted:

I'm also not huge into Pg. 99 but they are enjoyable every now and then.

We are no longer friends.

Beanpants posted:

I really miss Geert's vocs, but the new Shai is pretty impressive.

Chad was way better than Geert. I still haven't listened to the new stuff and I don't really think I will.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

rivals posted:

Chad was way better than Geert. I still haven't listened to the new stuff and I don't really think I will.

I used to completely agree, but since then there's been hundreds of dudes that try their best to sound like Chad Gilbert, so I've gravitated more toward digging Geert's higher pitched, talkier style.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong I like Geert's vocals as well, but Hearts Once Nourished.. was my first exposure to them and I listened to that album a ton and the only time I saw them was the "last" tour when Chad sang for them so I'm probably a bit biased.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Picked up record release copy of Chronic Seizure's "Ancient Wounds" w/art by Brian Walsby, fannntastic. Saw Invasion again with locals Sin Orden and No Slogan.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Beanpants posted:

I really miss Geert's vocs, but the new Shai is pretty impressive. I wish the mix was better, but the riffs are loving awesome.

I think the title track is pretty awesome, but the rest of the album doesn't do much for me.

Also, I've listened to a couple of tracks from the Geert albums and it reminds me of Taken.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 22, 2008

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Have heart have a 2 song EP out.
It has the new song they put on myspace and another one.
Still can't decide if I like it. More listens I guess.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white
Los Crudos reunion was amazing.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Big Blue Violence posted:

Los Crudos reunion was amazing.

Did you see Crude? I heard they loving tore the roof off. I also heard they played a gig there while on mushrooms, which is awesome.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Did you see Crude? I heard they loving tore the roof off. I also heard they played a gig there while on mushrooms, which is awesome.
Crude was sick, only saw 1 of their 3 shows. The first with No Fucker was supposed to be awesome, but that was the day before I got into town. Crudos stole the show though, easily. They looked pretty clairvoyant at Emo's but shrooms dont have a big effect on some people. I missed the Pink Reason/Roky/ZZ show although you can get in free if you have tickets to the other show (ran concurrent).

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
The fact people were more exicted for Los Crudos and Limp Wrist than Crude's first US show(s) kind of blows my mind.

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;

holy loving poo poo.

I just poo poo myself.

Please post anymore updates if you can, this is the best news in a long while :o

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
loving Cursed broke up. god dammit. they got all their poo poo stolen while in tour somewhere in Europe.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

None of their grear was stolen, it was just their money. Still though I heard the total amount was something like 8k euros. loving sucks.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

rivals posted:

None of their grear was stolen, it was just their money. Still though I heard the total amount was something like 8k euros. loving sucks.

Holy crap why did they have that much cash?
Sucks rear end :(

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Well, the Adicts show loving slayed. I would say it was the best punk show I've ever been to. They put on a ridiculous stage show with lots of bubbles, balloons, confetti, streamers, and magic tricks from the singer. They sounded really tight as well. If you've got a chance to see them, I'd recommend it.

I also found out that rum, adderall, and mosh pits don't mix very well. :barf:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

A5H posted:

Holy crap why did they have that much cash?
Sucks rear end :(

I can't remember who it was, but there was a band on return to the US where a member got cavity searched due to having so much cash (and in different currencies) on himself.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Went to a show last night and was surprised by a really awesome-sounding pop-punk band called Living with Lions. I can't access MySpace on this computer, but from the show, they really sounded like Lifetime and Set Your Goals. Kick-rear end band.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
Yaphet Kotto might be playing that Gilman show on August 2 with Portraits of Past, La Quiete, Phoenix Bodies, and Comadre. :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ddonahue99 posted:

Yaphet Kotto might be playing that Gilman show on August 2 with Portraits of Past, La Quiete, Phoenix Bodies, and Comadre. :aaaaa:

gently caress THE WEST COAST.