Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

HachiGo posted:

There's nothing to say, just read it.

liberal use of "gently caress" = funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

HachiGo posted:

Hahaha, man loves his vespa.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Aran posted:

I'm sure you were probably at least the thirtieth or fortieth person to piss in his grape juice on that one.

Yeah I admit I had to as well... I told him Id just bought a BMW of the same year for $1300 cheaper (not-so-casually mentioned), and wanted a winter car and asked if he would take $1500.

I didnt hear back from him.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I've looked through dozens and dozens of these ads and the cars never "run well," they "run good."

I'm no grammar Nazi or anything but goddamn it's annoying me.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Chasie posted:

Behold, the $8,000 Lumina.

And the follow-up, from a very helpful person...

...whose help was not really appreciated.

I bought a same year Audi, in CANADA for that price. Seriously dont know what those people are thinking.

Trans Ferdinand
Oct 24, 2005
Take Me Out Of Gear

Jesus Christ posted:

I've looked through dozens and dozens of these ads and the cars never "run well," they "run good."

I'm no grammar Nazi or anything but goddamn it's annoying me.

The one that gets me is "needs _". For example, needs washed, needs replaced, and my personal favorite, needs restored. Apparently, the words "to be" don't exist on Craigs.

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande

Trans Ferdinand posted:

The one that gets me is "needs _". For example, needs washed, needs replaced, and my personal favorite, needs restored. Apparently, the words "to be" don't exist on Craigs.

Yeah.. uh... that's a regional thing, on top of everything else.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Rear Admiral BOOYA posted:

hahahahahahahaha oh man, it's a useless loving big perrin intercooler

jesus christ
That intercooler keeps downforce on the front wheels, where it belongs.

:suicide:

HachiGo posted:

I... I have that sticker.

CannonFodder posted:

:suicide:

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jun 1, 2008

Lambster Bisque
Dec 31, 2007

by angerbotSD

CannonFodder posted:

I... I have that sticker.

That's nothing to be ashamed of, The Pillows are pretty loving awesome ... There is however a bit of a problem when you go around emulating FLCL with your Vespa

numba1wonga
Jan 18, 2005

This girl just took a gigantic poop all over herself.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/701732797.html

Not one loving image is right side up.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

numba1wonga posted:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/701732797.html

Not one loving image is right side up.

Check your freakin email! I had to laugh at that ad. I wonder if he just didn't care or didn't notice or simply couldn't figure it out.

Phangor
Apr 22, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
How did he get that one picture upside down? :psyduck:

Maka
Mar 18, 2001

Huggable Bear King posted:

This is the ultimate poser mobile:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/car/697241837.html

This. This is the worst thing I've seen.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Aran posted:

Yeah.. uh... that's a regional thing, on top of everything else.

That doesn't make it correct. It's still terrible grammar.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Hypnolobster posted:

Perhaps you ought to speak with a linguist about your inability to tolerate other dialects.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

Loucks posted:

Perhaps you ought to speak with a linguist about your inability to tolerate other dialects.

It isn't a dialect, it's slang. It's also really really stupid.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

oxbrain posted:

It isn't a dialect, it's slang. It's also really really stupid.

I don't think you know what those words mean. Perhaps you and Hypnolobster should contact Craigslist with your proposal that all free classifieds use the King's English on pain of flagging. :jerkbag:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hypnolobster posted:

A while back contractions were terrible grammar.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Loucks posted:

I don't think you know what those words mean. Perhaps you and Hypnolobster should contact Craigslist with your proposal that all free classifieds use the King's English on pain of flagging. :jerkbag:

If your going to condescend to people about the usage of words at least use the right words. It's flogging, not flagging.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Gunjin posted:

If your going to condescend to people about the usage of words at least use the right words. It's flogging, not flagging.

I think he means flagging, as in flagging CL posts.

he's still a douche tho

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Yeah, I was being a prick, but that doesn't make bitching about minor grammar issues (which are actually regionalisms) in classified ads any less idiotic.

Gunjin posted:

Loucks fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 2, 2008

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

deviant. posted:

I think he means flagging, as in flagging CL posts.

he's still a douche tho

I see you're correct, but phrasing it "on pain of flagging" is a pretty pretentious, and lovely, way of phrasing it.

Gunjin fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 2, 2008

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Gunjin posted:

I see you're correct, but phrasing it "on pain of flagging" is a pretty pretentious, and lovely, way of phrasing it.

That was the point. I was mocking the elitism implicit in the rejection of dialect features as incorrect grammar.

Was that too subtle?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
OK, girls. Let's just drop it and go back to posting lovely CL ads.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

That's a good idea. I'll shut up now.

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande
I'm sorry for the derail :(

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I feel bad for this guy.

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/car/703337218.html

some poor rear end in a top hat posted:

SHOW CAR 1988 Chrysler LaBaron Low Ryder - $800 (Bell Fl)
Reply to: sale-703337218@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-06-01, 10:13AM EDT

This car featured in low ryder magizine. The motor does not run. Possible head gasket. Or cracked head ,waterin oil. Paint is custom and in good shape. It is fully Hydraulic and is controlled buy switches inside. The hydraulics work. The inside is custom interior with a bubble tube in rear and tv in the dash. I have never had this car completed so I can't tell you a whole lot. This car was a completed low ryder years ago. I purchased it from the original owner. I paid 3500.00 for this car. I have removed the air brush painting under hood. Car sold as is . If your handy this will be a great project . I purchased it for a project car for me and my son. My son lost interest.
The price is firm.
this car was complete and shown all over. It is something you have to see in person in order to buy. I would not sell to someone sight unseen. i lowered the price to a steel.make offer

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.
Holy poo poo someone give me a thousand dollars right now
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/car/699253406.html

quote:

1975 BMW 2002 BABE Rally Veteran. Perfect Burning Man Car! - $1000 (Stony Brook)

For Sale is a 1975 BMW 2002. This vehicle was a competitor in BABE Rally 2008. In the past week it has been driven from New York to New Orleans and back in the BABE Rally competition. It easily made it there and back.
As you can see the vehicle is decorated as a space shuttle. It includes the LED number lights, port and starboard marker lights, tail fin, tail fin strobe light, and thruster lights. It does not include the Hella fog lights and sheepskin seat covers that are seen in some pictures.
The odometer reads 34361 miles however it is my opinion that as it has 5 digits it has at least 100,000 more. There is rust on the car. The floorboards and spare tire well have been patched. The rear shock towers have been welded. The car runs and drives, it has proven that by the 3500 miles it has driven in the past week. The clutch needs to be adjusted and there is a vacuum leak that needs to be diagnosed as well. A few hours in competent hands should have it running perfectly. The engine is a gem and should provide years of service.
The car comes equipped with a weber carburetor. It has recently been tuned. I have also installed a new starter, set of points, condenser, spark plugs, battery, ignition points, coil pack, fan belt, distributor cap, fuel lines, and fuel tank. The car has a current NY State inspection sticker.
This car is perfect for anyone looking for a burning man vehicle or for a unique one off BMW 2002. You can show up and drive the car away, it starts right up. As you can see the car is currently personalized for my rally team. I will gladly personalize if for the new owner. I have a clear title in hand for the car. It comes with a couple of spare steel wheels and tires, receipts from the previous owner, various spare parts and trim, and an extra seat from a 320i as the original drivers seat needs to be reupholstered.
The car can be viewed by exit 62 off of the Long Island Expressway by appointment. Please email or call 631-241-1565. I can only show the car on weekends.
The vehicle is sold as is. I will sell worldwide. Shipping is up to the buyer. I will be glad to make the vehicle available for a shipper to pick it up after payment has been received.

More photos at http://picasaweb.google.com/jmonheit/2002ASpaceOdyssey

ohstone
Jul 5, 2007
My phone ate my liver!
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/695606739.html

He should have just listed it as having speed holes.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

ohstone posted:

Awesome, CSI-approved mods. I wonder who is selling for the owner, who I assume is in jail?

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

ohstone posted:

Are those cars worth more in the states? As cool as it would be 3 grand can get you an RX7 that wasnt full of bullet holes, not that I would mind having a car with a bunch of bullet holes in it from time to time, but you get the idea.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

felons posted:

altercation with the Cobb Co. police

Would it be worth more if there was blood on the seatbacks? Bulletholes in the windshield, sheesh.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

Are those cars worth more in the states? As cool as it would be 3 grand can get you an RX7 that wasnt full of bullet holes, not that I would mind having a car with a bunch of bullet holes in it from time to time, but you get the idea.
It comes with a half-kilo of blow in the rear driver's side wheel well.

King
Jun 28, 2006
Not Kong
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/706871000.html

Take a $7,000 bike and add 30,000 dollars of upgrades and what do you get? A $225,000 bike!

quote:

You are looking at a 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 1000. This bike has the best parts money can buy. Over $30,000.00 dollars has been invested into this bike. Fully built BIG BORE motor with CARRILLO rods and custom JE high compression pistons. Fully ported and polished cylinder head with bigger intake/exhaust valves and custom ground cams. Direct port nitrous system, TRE, power commander with custom tune, Air shifter, Brembo master cylinder, wave rotors front and rear,steel braided brake lines, Carbon fiber wheels, and much much more. The bike is lowerd and stretched 10-12 inches. Bike makes 200whp on the motor and just under 300 whp on the nitrous. This bike is very very fast and capable of going very low 8's in the quarter mile. Only 300 miles on the bike since the motor was built. Bike has always been garage kept and is very clean. Whoever buys this bike will not be dissapointed. NOT for the novice rider. I can email more pic's upon request.

Picture of the ad

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

King posted:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/706871000.html

Take a $7,000 bike and add 30,000 dollars of upgrades and what do you get? A $225,000 bike!

Picture of the ad

I'm sure the last zero is an accident.

Polarize
Jul 12, 2007
The lights go on, the lights go off
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/car/706846353.html

quote:

1983 BMW 528e - $500 (South Surrey)

You can view The Beemer on Lilac Drive across from Alderwood Park entrance (Near KGH and 160th St).
Click on Map to The Beemer
I'll leave this posted for 2 weeks so if you're interested in obtaining The Beemer, email me your bid. I'll update this starting bid (obtained from wrecker) -> 490.. next bid of 500 will at least save this car from the wrecker.

CURRENT BID -> $490

The Beemer Story

Originally The Beemer came from Atlanta, Georgia (imported new from Germany in 1983) The Beemer was brought to Winnipeg, Canada in 1995. It just so happened that I was visiting Winnipeg at the time. My childhood friend, Terry was selling The Beemer. I needed a car so I ended up test-driving The Beemer for the week I was there.

Then I met up with my very first serious girlfriend on a fluke at the bar. I had previously went out with her when I was 18 years old (I'm 46 now, 34 then). I ended up taking her out for supper the next day so I picked her up in The Beemer (which I was still test-driving). Anyway, we caught up on old times when the topic of sex came up. You see, when we were dating at 18, we never actually gone all the way (came close many times but never all the way). Anyway, to make a long story short, we ended up doing the dirty deed in the back seat of The Beemer that night (something we both agreed had to be done).
When I returned The Beemer to Terry, I bought it from him and ended up driving The Beemer back to Vancouver. I just had to buy it. (Needless to say, that has been the only screwing around in the back seat since)

Pros:
- The Beemer is a guy's car. It's bullet proof. Will start all the time, the engine is solid.
- Timing Belt, brakes, front struts, front end all fixed in August 2005.
- The Beemer does not like women driving her. (trust me)
- The Beemer actually gets pretty good gas mileage. On the way to Vancouver on June 1, I went from Calgary past Revelstoke (283 miles) on 30L. (Fill up was $41.01 @ 1.34.99L). That's 42MPG (US mile and Cdn Gal)* or 15KM per L
- Power sunroof, windows.
- Still drives ok.
Cons:
- Needs exhaust system. (Exhaust system went on this last drive CGY->VAN)
- The Beemer has 236K miles
- The Beemer moved to Calgary in 2000 and has been there ever since. (Registered in AB.)
- Windshield is cracked
- Inside heater blower (easily accessible on engine firewall) needs to be replaced.
- The Beemer's body is showing it's age. Not bad for an old gal though.
- BMW logo stolen (numerous times)

Anyway, it is what it is. The Beemer is over 25 years old. I'm only the 3rd owner. Use it for parts, fix it up, knock yourself out.

Please have a drive by first. Then email me ur offer (include ur phone number) ... Contest closes June 18. Test drives upon request.

Hoped you liked The Beemer story. Email ur feedback if you want to (or not)

*US mile = Cdn mile

THE BEEMER

THE BEEMER

Phangor
Apr 22, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

You should email him telling him that it is a Bimmer, that he has been calling it the wrong thing for the car's entire life.

edit: Not sure how it is pronounced. Since the first time some BMW fanboy chewed my rear end for calling a car a beemer I've just referred to them as BMWs. Safer and doesn't get anyones panties in a wad.

Phangor fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jun 4, 2008

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Phangor posted:

You should email him telling him that it is a Bimmer, that he has been calling it the wrong thing for the car's entire life.

How does one pronounce Bimmer? "beemer," right? I never knew.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

How does one pronounce Bimmer? "beemer," right? I never knew.

"Beemer" is for BMW Motorcycles, "Bimmer" is for BMW cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

"Beemer" is for BMW Motorcycles, "Bimmer" is for BMW cars.

But same sound? Or is the car "bih-muhr"