Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande

kimbo305 posted:

But same sound? Or is the car "bih-muhr"

The second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
that's gay

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

But same sound? Or is the car "bih-muhr"

Definitely not the same sound. "Bimmer" rhymes with "rimmer" and "Beemer" rhymes with "reamer."

Hmm, not sure why I picked those two words.

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

DropShadow posted:

Hmm, not sure why I picked those two words.

Freudian Slip of the century.
That's when you say one thing and you mean your mother

Phangor
Apr 22, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/707664695.html

quote:

Rent my motorcycle for the DMV test. - $100 (Illinois)
This sweet, easy to ride motorcycle, will make it a breeze to pass your Illinois motorcycle license test on the first try.

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
while you guys are busy debating semantics everyone seems to be missing the fact that this guy is telling people in the ad that he had sex in the back seat of this car. That is a level of trash you will only find on craigslist.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

I must know more about this machine.

http://damncoolpics.blogspot.com/2007/02/giant-motorcycle.html

I think that's the same bike, but no info.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Huggable Bear King posted:

while you guys are busy debating semantics everyone seems to be missing the fact that this guy is telling people in the ad that he had sex in the back seat of this car. That is a level of trash you will only find on craigslist.

In my book, having sex in the back seat of the car just makes me want to keep the car. But then again, I'm the nostalgic type.

I still miss that car.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Interesting...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

chrix posted:

Interesting...

Probe for a probe huh?

Aegri Somnia
Sep 19, 2006

by Fragmaster
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/709758009.html

THROW SOME D ON IT..CADILLAC DEVILLE BALLER

quote:

I am sure ya can throw some D on it since nothing wrong wit this car. And i am sellin low price. Took the car to shop to have everything fix up and run strong. Drove this car everywhere I go and also for my jobs transportation. I aint taken to foul on ya. This real deal.

Make: Cadillac
Model: Denville
Year: 1990
Mileage: 130,xxx
Color Outside: Red
Color Inside: Grey/Black/green
Good car: Yes, Have everything fix up on the engine and tran.
Bad Car: 1)Seat kinda wear out and tear on driver side
2) 2 front window need new motor. Will going down.
3) AC need an freon
4) Car need some paint jobs ( few dent. Cost me 1200 for fix and paint)
That about it. So all the bad car are cheaper to buy and fix. I could do this myself but did not have time.. Got to pack up to move.

Car without feature will cost $1500 cuz i fix up the engine and everything.

Car with everything attact to them will cost me $6500 cuz I have 3.4 indash DVD player, 12" flip down montior, 20'' star rims, 1500 watts amp, 150 watts amp, two 12" subwoofer, 2 rear alpine speaker, 3 fuse & wire kits, under roof replace, and playstation 2.

So check out the car and let me know what you interest. I have all the receipt & title for you. Email me and we can talkin about it and make some offer.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Aegri Somnia posted:

Even though pretty much that whole ad is ridiculous, what the gently caress did he use for a headliner? It looks like carpet from a lovely Irish pub.

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.
Here's one from the bestof area. http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/fmy/659126241.html

quote:

Menopausal woman with nasty temper has 85 Grand Prix for sale
Date: 2008-04-28, 8:55AM EDT

Let's answer some questions before I describe the car. Humour me... please...

1. NO, it is not a "condo-car" that's been garaged all its natural life. It's a $600 car.

2. YES, the odometer reads 24k miles, but I am VERY certain it has rolled over and it's actually 124k miles. It's a $600 car.

3. YES, it is restorable. Anything is restorable if you have the time and money! But, in its current condition, it's a $600 car.

4. YES, the interior is very clean. NOTICE I DID NOT SAY IT WAS MINT! It is clean... one tiny tear on the drivers seat back, broken arm-rest on drivers side, TWENTY THREE YEARS OLD!!! Again, it's a $600 car.

5. YES, it does start and run very well. My son drove it to and from work for several months while his daily-driver was being repaired. Not bad for a $600 car!

6. NO, my boyfriend and his tool box do NOT come with the car. In other words, you're buying a TWENTY-THREE YEAR OLD, SIX HUNDRED DOLLAR CAR, people! I cannot guarantee that it will "last at least a year" or that "it will make it all the way to Oregon in September". Sheesh... I mean, c'mon! My crystal ball broke a lonnnnnng time ago. What's more, it's a $600 car.

7. YES, it is quiet. But will it disturb your neighbors? HOW THE HELL DO I KNOW? I don't even KNOW your neighbors! I know you can squeal tires pretty loudly, even in this old $600 car.

8. NO, I will NOT pay for your gas if you drive here from East Jesus and decide not to buy the car for any reason. Why would you drive 3 hours to buy a $600 car anyway?

9. NO, I am NOT interested in donating the car to your worthy cause. My son needs the money. He's a kid, for crying out loud! Do you really think he'd be advertising this $600 car for SALE if he wanted to "help you out because you're down on your luck because your boyfriend left you and took your car and you have no way to get back and forth from....". You get the picture.

10. Did I mention it's a $600 car? That does NOT mean it's a $400 car, or a $500 car, or even a $550 car! THE PRICE IS $600, get it?

11. NO, I do not own a firearm. Yet.

If you've read this far, then you must be somewhat interested in the car, right? Be advised, I am in no mood to be trifled with after the 250 stupid phone calls I received over the weekend. That's right... 250, mostly assinine people, asking questions relating to the above 11 answers. Ever dealt with a woman whose hot-flashes run about 500 degrees? Seriously. Do NOT poke the bear, or if you do, do so at your own risk.

I am not going to post my phone number, as my Xanax prescription is empty and I cannot afford to have it refilled until this Friday. That being said, I do have twenty photos of the car from every angle, aspect, perspective and view which I would be happy to send to you via email. Just click on the pretty blue link at the top of the post, and I promise I'll email you back lots of full-color photos that were taken just this morning.
****Only after I have determined that you are not going to be yet another idiot such as those mentioned above will I give you my phone number and/or address so that you may come and see the car****

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Aegri Somnia posted:

Ok, I'm confused... he wants you to throw D on it, and D = dubs, right? But the car has 20" wheels on it already. :psyduck:

And where can I find that headliner material for my dad's BRABUS?

Wandering Idiot
Jul 22, 2003

by Ozma
http://nashville.craigslist.org/car/708628083.html

87 celica gts - $5000 (nashville)

Moron posted:

im selling my 87 celica gts with 138,000 miles its 5speed runs and drives good only thing that has to be done is replace the front and rear seals no body damage needs a little touch up paint thats all looking to buy a new car thats why im selling this 1 if u want to get in touch with me just email me at warrendied@hotmail.com i dont have a digital camera so well have to meet up somewhere if u want to see it cash only please

Nice. Just nice. About $4500 overpriced nice. No pictures, unfortunately, so it's not even worth posting the screen shot.

Edit: Forgot the header.

Wandering Idiot fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 6, 2008

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
FERRARI REPLICA!
SALVAGE TITLE!
NO PICTURES!
68000 DOLLARS!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

IOwnCalculus posted:

"Beemer" is for BMW Motorcycles, "Bimmer" is for BMW cars.

Bihmer? Never heard that in a lifetime of exposure to BMWs, not even ironically.

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande

Baby Hitler posted:

Bihmer? Never heard that in a lifetime of exposure to BMWs, not even ironically.

Well if Baby Hitler's never heard it I guess we're all wrong.

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!
I've never heard a person say "bimmer" in person either. Only run across it on the internet. Bmw fanboys are irritating.

Edit: is an old bmw airplane engine called a "Bim-AIR"?

Kurten fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 8, 2008

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

FERRARI REPLICA!
SALVAGE TITLE!
NO PICTURES!
68000 DOLLARS!

That doesn't make sense for even one extra zero, but maybe they forgot the decimal point and it's actually $680? That'd make more sense.

star trek extra credit
Jun 3, 2007
I dunno man Fieros are pretty expensive these days 68k seems like a good deal

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Kurten posted:

Bmw fanboys are irritating.

I've never been anything close to a BMW fanboy (not that I don't like them), but I've been hearing Bimmer/Beemer my whole life. Maybe it's a regional thing?

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

Wandering Idiot posted:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/car/708628083.html

87 celica gts - $5000 (nashville)

Nice. Just nice. About $4500 overpriced nice. No pictures, unfortunately, so it's not even worth posting the screen shot.

Edit: Forgot the header.

Hey, maybe it just leaks oil and doesn't need a full engine rebuild. Ever think of that?

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what

Baby Hitler posted:

When I first got my old BMW (easier to say and type!) I once got a lecture on the history of beemer/bimmer from a cranky old mechanic when I used the wrong pronunciation. I don't remember any of it but it was boring and stupid.

And here's the gold: I like to call it "2 cars 1 bike"

The Rocket Salad fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 8, 2008

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what
This is something beautiful.

'76 Triumph Bonneville for $4100 (the ad is really too short to be worth copy'n'pasting.

Offsite photos.

Sometimes CL surprises me with nice things and for a time my faith in the site is renewed.

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande
I would ride the hell out of that.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
Yeah, technically, BMW bikes are beemers ... cars are bimmers. YMMV depending on the area, but for anyone who's hard-core/snobby enough care, those are the "rules" I've always heard as well.

I drive a Trans Am so whatever, but FYI I guess :)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Slippery posted:

Yeah, technically, BMW bikes are beemers ... cars are bimmers. YMMV depending on the area, but for anyone who's hard-core/snobby enough care, those are the "rules" I've always heard as well.

Does anyone have the history of this, as alluded to by Rocket Salad?

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Does anyone have the history of this, as alluded to by Rocket Salad?

The way I've heard it is as follows:

BMW was big in motorcycle racing and one of their big competitors was BSA. They were called Beesers, so BMW enthusiasts started to call their bikes Beemers. Beamer is a misspelling of that.

Later on, BMW car enthusiasts started using Bimmer to differentiate themselves from their motorcycle counterparts.

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

Baby Hitler posted:

Have you never heard Who Am I?(Sim Simma) by Beanie Man?

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/641609489.html

For Sale—One (1) Wife, slightly used, 1964 Model

Needs muffler, as it is currently VERY LOUD. Intake valve is stuck in the open position.

Rear end needs major overhaul. A crack there has grown monstrously large.

Needs re-wiring—Many wires are currently crossed.

Lots of little dings in the body, which have been covered up with too much paint in a
failed effort at camouflaging them.

Needs re-upholstering—Carpet has turned a dingy gray.

Needs front-end work--Tits are too close to the ground, and knees are too far apart.

May not pass emissions test, as it currently produces foul clouds of malodorous gases on a regular basis,

Heater works great. Hot air is never in short supply..

Asking $500 or trade for 1984 model.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/714391889.html

craigslist posted:

NICE 1992 YAMAHA XJ650 SECA 2 L@@k!~!~!~! - $800 (tacoma)

hello i am selling this nice 1992 yamaha xj650 with only 3500 miles on it! it is in very good condition has new spark plugs gaskets and lots of other stuff also has mikuni racing carbs and i have stock carbs and some other new parts that are not on it, and it has a 6-speed clutch the bike does run but it needs a new fuel pump $20 on ebay it will run but only for like a couple seconds because fuel pump doesent suck in fuel i do not have a title but i have a bill of sale for the bike and also have the key from the bike taillights work blinkers work horn works and headlights works headlight will need a new bulb it will also need a new battery and so what you see in the picture is what you get and also some extra parts this bik ecan be used for parts or as a project or yo ucan go the department of liscening and get a title for the bike i can also accept trades or part trades, and so if you are intrested in this bike please email me at maxstasyuk@yahoo.com thnx

quote:

needs a new fuel pump
I think maybe that's not the problem

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

allonblack posted:

Here's one from the bestof area. http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/fmy/659126241.html

I would laugh except it's too loving true. Ran into this poo poo all over the place when trying to sell a Saturn for $500.

Trans Ferdinand
Oct 24, 2005
Take Me Out Of Gear

meatpimp posted:

Ok, I'm confused... he wants you to throw D on it, and D = dubs, right? But the car has 20" wheels on it already. :psyduck:

Ah, you're wrong there, meatpimp! Traditionally, the word "dub" denotes 22" wheels, although many people have expanded the term to include all wheels of ridiculous size. :eng101:

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

Yes, I would love to pay $4k for a salvage title 93 Miata that is so gay that my gay friends wouldn't even drive it.

quote:

U1054 - 1993 MAZDA MIATA MX5 CONVERT 1993 MAZDA MIATA MX5 CONVERTIBLE - $3995 (KEITH'S KARS - Reno)
Reply to: sale-706291525@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-06-03, 3:21PM PDT

U1054 - 1993 MAZDA MIATA MX5 CONVERT

Description: 1993 MAZDA MIATA MX5 CONVERTIBLE 2 DR 4 CYL 1.6 LITER 5-SPEED MANUAL
AIR CONDITIONING, STEREO, CASSETTE, CRUISE CONTROL LEATHER, POWER STEERING, SINGLE COMPACT DISC, SLIGHT REAR END BUMPER HIT CAUSED BRANDED TITLE

Crazy Banter
Apr 1, 2001

Zool posted:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/714391889.html

I think maybe that's not the problem

I may be missing something, and while I am sure that bike is nothing but a big pile of problems (not the least of which is its either a xj650 or a seca 2/xj600, not both), it does have a fuel pump, and I have seen them fail.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Blooot posted:

Yes, I would love to pay $4k for a salvage title 93 Miata that is so gay that my gay friends wouldn't even drive it.

Is that white thing in the background part penis / part ghost? Wtf?

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006
Someone had to have that painted on there as a "Miatas are gay, amirite" joke, right? I mean, there's no way... Right? :psyduck:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

timb posted:

Someone had to have that painted on there as a "Miatas are gay, amirite" joke, right? I mean, there's no way... Right? :psyduck:

We told you Miata owners so :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

devnull420 posted:

Is that white thing in the background part penis / part ghost? Wtf?
To its credit(?), it appears to be a ghost penis stabbing a vagina, not a butthole.