Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blooshoo
May 15, 2004
I'm a newbie

Blooshoo posted:

:words:

Turns out it's a local band called souls harbor, and the track called "raise your fist" surprisingly. Google was no help and I had to trek the dredges of myspace local rock bands to stumble across it. Well at least it won't bother me anymore :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anorak Revolution
Apr 26, 2008

by Fragmaster
Ok.

I am fairly sure that this band is from the UK. They look like they are in the very early 20s. They sound like they were very influenced by twee/indie pop (the poppier Sarah Records stuff, as well as Orange Juice and others). I can't remember any of the lyrics.

The video happens in a recording studio, I'm fairly sure that both a guy and a girl are singing the vocals. I think they are at least 5 or 6 in the band. There is a keyboard involved. During the video, "cutesy" things start to happen. I seem to remember things like unicorns popping up or what the gently caress ever. Plenty of color, etc... It works really well with the song actually, and doesn't look nearly as dreadful as on paper.

I seem to remember it was very catchy, and I saw that video within the last year or so.

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

Anorak Revolution posted:

Ok.

I am fairly sure that this band is from the UK. They look like they are in the very early 20s. They sound like they were very influenced by twee/indie pop (the poppier Sarah Records stuff, as well as Orange Juice and others). I can't remember any of the lyrics.

The video happens in a recording studio, I'm fairly sure that both a guy and a girl are singing the vocals. I think they are at least 5 or 6 in the band. There is a keyboard involved. During the video, "cutesy" things start to happen. I seem to remember things like unicorns popping up or what the gently caress ever. Plenty of color, etc... It works really well with the song actually, and doesn't look nearly as dreadful as on paper.

I seem to remember it was very catchy, and I saw that video within the last year or so.

"Death to Los Campesinos!" by Los Campesinos!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

prussian advisor posted:

I occasionally listen to the radio show "This American Life," and they will occasionally use short bits of a piece of classical music that I'm sure I've heard before and that I know is fairly well-known as far as classical music goes, but I cannot for the life of me identify it.

This American Life could spawn its own "Help me identify" thread.

I've picked off a good number, but there are so many more. Oh so many :(

Anorak Revolution
Apr 26, 2008

by Fragmaster

Headless Norseman posted:

"Death to Los Campesinos!" by Los Campesinos!

I've been listening a lot to their debut album for a while now :downs:. I (re)discovered that band through Steve Merchant's Radio 6 show, just never checked the videos on youtube (and I don't have MTV/etc). Well, thanks a lot, though now I feel slightly stupid.

Altoidss
Jun 7, 2007
Curiously Strong

I heard this in a mix. This particular song is a weird mashup between this riff and samples from the Hello Moto ringtone on a bunch of motorola phones. I know I've heard this riff before somewhere... does anyone know what song this comes from?

Dance Move Burglar
Oct 2, 2005

by Ozma

Altoidss posted:

I heard this in a mix. This particular song is a weird mashup between this riff and samples from the Hello Moto ringtone on a bunch of motorola phones. I know I've heard this riff before somewhere... does anyone know what song this comes from?
Oooh, I got one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1pLuud2vpc

(skip to 2 minutes in)

darthfoolish
Jun 17, 2003

I am NOT a dumb *uck
How about the electronic tune that is being used to advertise the new series of Ghost Whisperer on Living TV (UK Satellite channel)

It is pretty awesome, but googling, looking on living tvs' website, the digital spy forums and youtube have drawn blanks.

I suppose it could have been made in house especially for the ad, but I doubt it.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

lDDQD posted:

I've heard a song I really liked at the bar today. It kind of sounds like classic rock (if I had to place it, I'd say '70s but I could be wrong), and it was mostly pretty hard to make out the words. Except the chorus.

It went something like this:

...and I'm singing, La la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la...
la-la la la la la la la la la la la la...
and so on.

Please help me identify it, goons?

Iggy Pop & The Stooges - The Passenger

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 24, 2008

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

darthfoolish posted:

How about the electronic tune that is being used to advertise the new series of Ghost Whisperer on Living TV (UK Satellite channel)

It is pretty awesome, but googling, looking on living tvs' website, the digital spy forums and youtube have drawn blanks.

I suppose it could have been made in house especially for the ad, but I doubt it.

According to this it is indeed something done specifically for the show, apparently by the show's composer Mark Snow.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Looking for a song that sounds kinda like Enya or something, with a constant woman's voice singing doo doo doo doo throughout the entire song. Its very monotone and a steady beat.

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

jeff8472 posted:

Looking for a song that sounds kinda like Enya or something, with a constant woman's voice singing doo doo doo doo throughout the entire song. Its very monotone and a steady beat.

Suzanne Vega, "Tom's Diner"?

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

chachu posted:

Suzanne Vega, "Tom's Diner"?

Nope, slower than that. The doo doo doo part is a constant pitch and tempo throughout the song.

yoyoman
May 10, 2006

filth hole
I'm trying to remember that music video(maybe just a youtube video) where its just an old old computer and the words are being typed out as they are sung. rghhh

Johnny Future
Jul 22, 2007

Saving the cosmos one powerchord at a time

yoyoman posted:

I'm trying to remember that music video(maybe just a youtube video) where its just an old old computer and the words are being typed out as they are sung. rghhh

There used to be an old Klaus Nomi video for "ICUROK" that matches your description pretty well, but I can't seem to find it anywhere

Here's the song though:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fbdYmFSfrcU&feature=related

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

MisterFister posted:

Alright this is driving me crazy. I think this was a 80s industrial song. All I remember is the lyrics "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah" and the video had these tiki masks or something bobbing back and forth...

Anybody? Please? :)

edit: I think eighties, could be 90s

Nobody? The video was in black and white from what I remember. That's all I got though, the yeah yeah yeah and the tiki masks bobbing back and forth.

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006

Thanks, that's the one!

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

jeff8472 posted:

Nope, slower than that. The doo doo doo part is a constant pitch and tempo throughout the song.

Is it late 90s?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Assuming there are at least a couple avid Shearwater fans here, this shouldn't be too difficult:

NPR's "Live Concerts from All Songs Considered" put up a podcast of a June 15 show in D.C. (Available at NPR.org or iTunes).

I want to know the name of the song that they play immediately following "Rooks." It starts at around the 17:30 mark of the podcast.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

yoyoman posted:

Is it not "Still Alive"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxYfMRtun5w

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
There's a song I hear on the Muzak all the time lately--it is, for the most part, a three chord progression on what sounds like a banjo. There's a female singer with a dopey-high voice...

Can't figure out what it is, though.

yoyoman
May 10, 2006

filth hole

Sweetwater Kill posted:

Is it not "Still Alive"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxYfMRtun5w

nope, really similar to this though

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

chachu posted:

Is it late 90s?

Maybe...I also remembered it has sort of a Hawaiian/tropical feel to it. Perhaps a ukulele strumming

Computer Jones
Jun 22, 2005

yoyoman posted:

Grandaddy - Jed's Other Poem (Beautiful Ground)

General Dire
Apr 24, 2008
Can someone please identify the song that begins as 3:00 in this clip : http://youtube.com/watch?v=vDef5OmLl-g

Johnny Future
Jul 22, 2007

Saving the cosmos one powerchord at a time

General Dire posted:

Can someone please identify the song that begins as 3:00 in this clip : http://youtube.com/watch?v=vDef5OmLl-g

'Club Foot' by Kasabian

If you like that song, check out "L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever)" from the same album

General Dire
Apr 24, 2008

Johnny Future posted:

'Club Foot' by Kasabian

If you like that song, check out "L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever)" from the same album

I am forever in your debt, kind sir.

yoyoman
May 10, 2006

filth hole

YES. this.

elpintogrande
Sep 3, 2000

I've been racking my little brain trying to remember the name of the song or band that did a video a couple years ago with some real interesting video techniques. They used something similar to when you're having bad weather and your satellite TV (or digital cable) goes all pixelated and then it comes back and the frozen pixels shift within the outlines of moving objects before clearing up. I think there was another part in the video where the band was dressed in black body suits and playing their instruments wearing white gloves for contrast.

It was a sweet as hell video, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the song or band.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Quest Jelineck
Jun 13, 2007

by elpintogrande
There was a song and it had this guy singing psudeo chineese in a reeealy high pitched voice. At the beginning it's kind of upbeat, but about halfway through it shifts to a slower sound. It's really short, about 1:40. Can anybody help me find this song?

Twenty Pence Piece
Mar 30, 2007
D.G. REG. F.D.
This should be easy. I hope.

Its a cover of "psycho killer" by Talking Heads. Its slower, I think it's acoustic, and the singer is male and sounds quite Kirt Cobain-y and grungey. It may be on a soundtrack to some film, or in an advert, because its in my head and its not something you'd hear on the radio.

Google couldn't help me :(

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Twenty Pence Piece posted:

This should be easy. I hope.

Its a cover of "psycho killer" by Talking Heads. Its slower, I think it's acoustic, and the singer is male and sounds quite Kirt Cobain-y and grungey. It may be on a soundtrack to some film, or in an advert, because its in my head and its not something you'd hear on the radio.

Google couldn't help me :(

"The song has been covered by bands such as Brand New, Velvet Revolver, Rubin Steiner, Cage the Elephant, Carry The Zero, Local H, Barenaked Ladies, Phish, Antiseen, The Hypertonics, Moxy Früvous, Terrorvision, The Flying Pickets, Rico, The Faint, Bishop Allen, Farryl Purkiss and The Kransky Sisters, in an operatic version by Kate Miller-Heidke, and in Polish as "Psychobójca" by Mariusz Lubomski."

I don't know enough about most of these artists to make a very good guess, but I suppose it's a start.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
i heard a song on the college radio station and im positive the DJ said the song name was "Shamura", but i forgot the artist... it was about an 8 minute post rock sorta piece. Searching shamura brings up a lot of stuff on google but nothing im looking for. Im guessing im just not spelling the song title right, even though thats the way he said it.

edit: i THINK the dj also said it was by velveteen but im not sure

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jun 28, 2008

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
I am looking for a specific track that has a woman singing a recuring line "The pleasure's mine" over and over. She's putting a bit of emotion into it, and it goes over a heavy distorted guitar. It's not too fast.

I am pretty sure I have it on vinyl somewhere, but I cannot figure out where it is from.

<3

Wilitus
Mar 3, 2008
Lucien, lucien you should know.
I was wondering if someone could help me out by identifying this sample for me, its been bugging me and I just know i've heard it before somewhere.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/1437341692e50b43/

The Hidden Sherpa
Dec 25, 2006

Could you help me identify a genre instead?

What genre does Dr. Steel do?

One Armed Man
Nov 4, 2007
Notice the lack of a hyphen.
I just listened to some weird remix hour. there is this one song with "Man in the Box" riff and Kanye's Stronger as the vocals. any ideas?

Also, does anybody know if anyone remixed Kid Rock's "cowboy baby". Hell, it might have been himself.

I wanna say Girl Talk, but it is hard to tell what songs he uses.

Halfsharkalligator
Dec 11, 2007

come on feet, cruise for me
come on feet, come on run

Wilitus posted:

I was wondering if someone could help me out by identifying this sample for me, its been bugging me and I just know i've heard it before somewhere.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/1437341692e50b43/

I'm not sure do you want the song or the sample used in the song, but the song is Mass Appeal off the album Hard To Earn by Gang Starr and the sample used is from Vic Duris - Horizon Drive, about 3:36 into it here http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvs4yAguyOo

Halfsharkalligator fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jun 29, 2008

Wilitus
Mar 3, 2008
Lucien, lucien you should know.
Yeah, I was looking for the Gangstarr song, but just couldnt place it because im not too familiar with their stuff, thanks alot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cctoide
Jun 6, 2008
A few minutes ago a song I'd heard before came into my head. At first I thought it was the Mission Impossible theme, but it turns out I forgot what the MI theme was like. The song is a bit secret-agent-y, but I can only recall the first part of it.

It starts with a bass playing the main beat, followed by a trumpet hit which brings in the percussion and guitar. The main beat is three notes followed by a two-note crescendo that repeats three times. I think it's from a movie, but I've only ever heard it reused in other shows.