Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

MattWPBS posted:

Where're you going to Uni then?

Got back from Trashfest yesterday. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Northampton. Close to London I know, but fuel is too much and I work funny shifts. Closest thing to a show I have seen here is that Stout were going to play, but cancelled.

It is fairly central though and I always hear about bands needing a date in the midlands between shows up north and down south, so I might start putting shows on (probs this winter is the earliest I can do it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Competition posted:

Northampton. Close to London I know, but fuel is too much and I work funny shifts. Closest thing to a show I have seen here is that Stout were going to play, but cancelled.

It is fairly central though and I always hear about bands needing a date in the midlands between shows up north and down south, so I might start putting shows on (probs this winter is the earliest I can do it).

Ah, poo poo. Best I can do is say that Crash The Pose and Ray Reardon Youth played in Kettering once? There used to be some stuff going on in Leamington Spa, but I lost touch a bit with what's going on there. Also, BrainDead and Hangover Heartattack are both Leicester based, so they might be worth asking if there's anything still going on at the Shed (think that's what the venue was called).

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
It's a ways away but I'm definitely going to be at the Portraits of Past reunion show on August 2nd. Don't tell me there's no one from SF here?

Specific
Aug 14, 2003

I am going to jump on your face, and now some serious dancin'...

SubtleDagger posted:

It's a ways away but I'm definitely going to be at the Portraits of Past reunion show on August 2nd. Don't tell me there's no one from SF here?

I'm flying from Indiana for the shows that weekend.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Specific posted:

I'm flying from Indiana for the shows that weekend.

I will be there with this man and rivals. So excited.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Judgement reunion show in August. If there was ever any reason for me to get my poo poo together and travel over to Japan, this would be it.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Judgement reunion show in August. If there was ever any reason for me to get my poo poo together and travel over to Japan, this would be it.

Oh god time to sell plasma again.

Anyone no what's up in Santa Cruz? I'm planning on visiting a friend out there in August and she's pretty new to the area herself so it would be super sweet if we could find a decent show to go to together.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Spent all yesterday listening to The Kill discography CD, and now today is all about the new Gridlink (ex-Discordance Axis) album. gently caress punk rock, this is turbo speed grind violence!

Does anybody know where Gridlink got their name from?

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

I will also be in the Bay Area for all the shows that weekend. Super excited, can't wait to thrash!

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Anyone going to KTD/Ceremony Saturday night in Sacramento or Verse/Have Heart in San Francisco on Sunday? I'll be at both.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Triangulum fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 29, 2008

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all
New Down To Nothing split is floating out on the interwebs. Only 6 songs total, but they're fun and worth a listen.

Other side is 50 Lions and they're the same style of hardcore and not quite up to DTN level.

King Kolostomy
Nov 11, 2004

punxnbutter posted:

New Down To Nothing split is floating out on the interwebs. Only 6 songs total, but they're fun and worth a listen.

Other side is 50 Lions and they're the same style of hardcore and not quite up to DTN level.

I like how people were really split on "The Most." You either loved it or hated it. I thought it was their best and most mature yet. A lot of people wanted the old style though. Oh well.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Kidcrash website posted:

You can stream selected KIDCRASH songs or download all KIDCRASH releases below.

Everything is for free, but you may donate something, if you like to support future releases of the band.

Kidcrash: "we ask that you make a $5 donation in support of helping us continue to afford to make new records and tour, but obviously our music is and must always be available to anyone who wants it regardless of an ability or a desire to make a donation; knowing as artists that: in the process of creating we produce works that by definition are the property of society, not the artist."

http://www.denovali.com/kidcrash/

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Parachute Underwear posted:

Kidcrash are so good. I love the Goldie Hawn ep and have been listening to it a lot these past few weeks.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

Punknews.org posted:

Popular Mississauga, ON-based punk act The Fullblast have announced plans for a reunion/final show set to take place July 30th at the Reverb in Toronto. The show will be part of the Famoose Friends & Fashion Pelts Tour with A Wilhelm Scream and Living With Lions.

The band adds:

This will give us a chance to play one last show together - something we weren't sure we'd ever see happen. Its really exciting and we hope some of you will come out, maybe some of you will even travel some distance to come. We'll be playing somewhere in the neighbourhood of 15 songs - so it should be a fun night spanning the whole catalogue.

I can't believe I can't go to this, The Fullblast are amazing, but no way can I go to Toronto from the UK just for this. Anyone going?

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Are the Circle Jerks still worth payin 17 bucks to see? A few friends of mine saw em a couple years ago and said it wasn't bad, but I'm kinda sceptical.

Hah, I just noticed on the r5 site that Leftover Crack is playing the trocadero, yet again. Funny that they consistently play clear channel venues.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
Who do I need to talk to to get some XBRAINIAX merch?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Who do I need to talk to to get some XBRAINIAX merch?

Me. What are you after?

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Me. What are you after?

Medium Syringe pentagram shirt?

Clothes Optional
Oct 3, 2004
So, if you haven't heard the new Envy/Jesu split, you really need to.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I don't know what thread they belong in but can people recommend bands similar to Every Time I Die? I can't get enough of those guys. I love the vocals, the lyrics, the breakdowns, the grungy Southern-rock feel they picked up the last two albums... all of it.

Anterrabae's the only band I've encountered I'd bill as being similar.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass and didn't use the Recommendation thread... I'm heading over there now.

Wamsutta fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 3, 2008

Xenu
Apr 28, 2004

Can anyone help me out here? I'm looking for hardcore that sounds something like REALLY early Suicidal Tendencies (as in their demos).
Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsRrDR74Sxs

It's definitely got a west coast feel to it, but at the same time none of the bands I already have on CD/vinyl don't sound anything like it.

Thanks in advance for this odd request. :shobon:

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

Xenu posted:

Can anyone help me out here? I'm looking for hardcore that sounds something like REALLY early Suicidal Tendencies (as in their demos).
Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsRrDR74Sxs

It's definitely got a west coast feel to it, but at the same time none of the bands I already have on CD/vinyl don't sound anything like it.

Thanks in advance for this odd request. :shobon:
Rotting Out has a pretty big suicidal tendencies vibe going on. They're awesome.

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Hah, I just noticed on the r5 site that Leftover Crack is playing the trocadero, yet again. Funny that they consistently play clear channel venues.

The Trocadero is the one venue in Philly thats really capable of holding a Leftover Crack show, in terms of size and capacity, sound equipment and security concerns. Every show we've done at the Church and other, more-DIY venues that Greg Daly books for end up as disastrous, and usually end in a riot.

It is a bummer, but Clear Channel's dominance of the market makes having functional shows incredibly difficult.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Wamsutta posted:

I don't know what thread they belong in but can people recommend bands similar to Every Time I Die? I can't get enough of those guys. I love the vocals, the lyrics, the breakdowns, the grungy Southern-rock feel they picked up the last two albums... all of it.

Anterrabae's the only band I've encountered I'd bill as being similar.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass and didn't use the Recommendation thread... I'm heading over there now.

http://www.myspace.com/mayleneandthesonsofdisaster

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

COCKISPOISON posted:

The Trocadero is the one venue in Philly thats really capable of holding a Leftover Crack show, in terms of size and capacity, sound equipment and security concerns. Every show we've done at the Church and other, more-DIY venues that Greg Daly books for end up as disastrous, and usually end in a riot.

It is a bummer, but Clear Channel's dominance of the market makes having functional shows incredibly difficult.

Ah, make sense I guess.
Just a shame because the troc loving blows.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

Clothes Optional posted:

So, if you haven't heard the new Envy/Jesu split, you really need to.

loving seconded. I don't know how well it fits into this thread, but it's an amazing release.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Medium Syringe pentagram shirt?

Email me at xbrainiax@gmail.com to discuss payment options. Thanks!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I just got home from Best Buy where I purchased their new record, "II" and it's awesome. You're awesome.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I have the Envy side of Jesu split on my iPod but I haven't actually heard it yet.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
I actually just got A Dead Sinking Story on vinyl along with Heroin's S/T.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Parachute Underwear posted:

Wow thank you for posting that, love what I have listened to so far. My favorite track at this point is Waterweed.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.
I'm bored. What do people on here do in their local area?

I'm involved in putting on gigs at a community centre - got into a good relationship with the committee and the local council, and we've got to the stage where we've got a backline that was funded by them, non-commercial hire rates, and access to the sports hall showers (which is very handy with touring bands). Book it either for shows I'm doing, or let other people book it through me so that it's easier.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

COCKISPOISON posted:

Every show we've done at the Church and other, more-DIY venues that Greg Daly books for end up as disastrous, and usually end in a riot.

Gonna say it- good riddance. Shows exactly how great of a band they are and how awesome their fans are. Saw them in Chicago so many years ago and everyone knew it then as well.

There are plenty of more destructive bands and fans of those bands that play smaller, more hellish spaces that do just fine, even taking care to either drive fans or bands to emergency rooms. Good riddance. Let them carry clear channel on their shoulders, each seem just as vile of a concept to me as the other.

I'm making it to Distort Fest this year, quite overjoyed to finally see Spectres live and Inepsy a second time (still can't play the US). I get to see one or two dates of Annihilation Time's tour as well!

Matt, I've been doing just about jack poo poo and I feel bad, working on a bigger zine that will mostly focus on artists of all types. Some fresh content from folks specifically done for the zine, some reviews, tons of interviews and pictures/samples of work.

Chicago is organizing Clit Fest this year which is going very well, trying to help with fundraising but that is about it. Our "community centers" aren't really geared towards shows, they're owned by the city and you have to pay really high rates for security to okay it, I'm getting a gang of kids who go to my school to form a student club so we can possible rent university rooms at a discounted (albeit ridiculous) rate.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Is there a way to order Clitfest tickets other than Paypal?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Yeah, email chicagoclitfest@yahoo.com
info: http://www.myspace.com/chicagoclitfest http://chicagoclitfest.com
donate: http://www.chicagoclitfest.com/donate.htm

i51423
Jul 7, 2008

MattWPBS posted:

I'm bored. What do people on here do in their local area?

I'm involved in putting on gigs at a community centre - got into a good relationship with the committee and the local council, and we've got to the stage where we've got a backline that was funded by them, non-commercial hire rates, and access to the sports hall showers (which is very handy with touring bands). Book it either for shows I'm doing, or let other people book it through me so that it's easier.

I've played in a dozen or so bands, record bands for cheap, and run the local messageboard.

Oh. I also whine about how everyone around here only plays lovely fast hardcore anymore. We're running out of venues anyway. I guess it's back to whining about the old days.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

i51423 posted:

I've played in a dozen or so bands, record bands for cheap, and run the local messageboard.

Oh. I also whine about how everyone around here only plays lovely fast hardcore anymore. We're running out of venues anyway. I guess it's back to whining about the old days.

Yeah I prefer 80bpm breakdowns personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirius Sam
Apr 12, 2005

BUTTCHEEKS

i51423 posted:

Define fast hardcore