Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

cctoide posted:

A few minutes ago a song I'd heard before came into my head. At first I thought it was the Mission Impossible theme, but it turns out I forgot what the MI theme was like. The song is a bit secret-agent-y, but I can only recall the first part of it.

It starts with a bass playing the main beat, followed by a trumpet hit which brings in the percussion and guitar. The main beat is three notes followed by a two-note crescendo that repeats three times. I think it's from a movie, but I've only ever heard it reused in other shows.

I'm not sure but from your description it could be one of the Get Smart themes. At least that's the only other secret-agent type music I'm familiar with besides Mission Impossible.

Kaluza-Klein posted:

I am looking for a specific track that has a woman singing a recuring line "The pleasure's mine" over and over. She's putting a bit of emotion into it, and it goes over a heavy distorted guitar. It's not too fast.

It's not this is it? Bjork also has a song with those lyrics as does Heart(called Crazy On You), but the first seemed like the best fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Jive One posted:

It's not this is it? Bjork also has a song with those lyrics as does Heart(called Crazy On You), but the first seemed like the best fit.

Woah, no no no. It is not a pop song at all. It is more heavy, electronic, or grunge sounding. And it's a female vocalist. "The pleasure's mine" is repeated over most of the song. There may be a bit more to the lyrics but I can't be sure. It certainly isn't Bjork's voice.

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

cctoide posted:

A few minutes ago a song I'd heard before came into my head. At first I thought it was the Mission Impossible theme, but it turns out I forgot what the MI theme was like. The song is a bit secret-agent-y, but I can only recall the first part of it.

It starts with a bass playing the main beat, followed by a trumpet hit which brings in the percussion and guitar. The main beat is three notes followed by a two-note crescendo that repeats three times. I think it's from a movie, but I've only ever heard it reused in other shows.

Could be Take a Look Around by Limp Bizkit.
Happens to be the MI II theme as well.

Tallymark
Apr 16, 2007

Dancing on the legs of a new-born pony
Left right left right
Keep it up son
It goes:

"Do you remember your first hit, it was the poo poo"

I heard it at a rave, does anyone know what it is?

Dance Move Burglar
Oct 2, 2005

by Ozma

Tallymark posted:

I heard it at a rave, does anyone know what it is?
Good luck, rave DJs tend to play either unreleased songs or extremely obscure and rare old songs.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

jeff8472 posted:

Maybe...I also remembered it has sort of a Hawaiian/tropical feel to it. Perhaps a ukulele strumming

This makes me think that it's possibly
Five Years Time by Noah & The Whale

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
It was a song my art teacher played one day in class. The only part I remember was the singer counting, and saying what each number represented. The only ones I remember are;

"Eight, eight, I forgot what eight was for."

and

"Ten, ten. Ten is for everything, everything, everything, everything!"

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Redpill357 posted:

It was a song my art teacher played one day in class. The only part I remember was the singer counting, and saying what each number represented. The only ones I remember are;

"Eight, eight, I forgot what eight was for."

and

"Ten, ten. Ten is for everything, everything, everything, everything!"

This is Kiss Off by Violent Femmes.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

cctoide posted:

Peter Gunn theme?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Matlock posted:

There's a song I hear on the Muzak all the time lately--it is, for the most part, a three chord progression on what sounds like a banjo. There's a female singer with a dopey-high voice...

Can't figure out what it is, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZjWeXsaL0

I can't believe this is actually sung by a man.

cctoide
Jun 6, 2008

jeff8472 posted:

Peter Gunn theme?

Unfortunately it was neither of these, and it was starting to bug me, but last night while trying to fall asleep I thought I should try looking up the Matrix themes - turns out it's the Matrix Theme by Powerman 5000. It's a little more obscure than I thought (there's not a single YouTube video with the song alone), given how often I've heard it.

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830

cctoide posted:

Unfortunately it was neither of these, and it was starting to bug me, but last night while trying to fall asleep I thought I should try looking up the Matrix themes - turns out it's the Matrix Theme by Powerman 5000. It's a little more obscure than I thought (there's not a single YouTube video with the song alone), given how often I've heard it.

Haha, that's "Spybreak!" by The Propellerheads. It was on The Matrix soundtrack though.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-aqy9BYqDM

There ya go.

cctoide
Jun 6, 2008

Oncogene posted:

Haha, that's "Spybreak!" by The Propellerheads. It was on The Matrix soundtrack though.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-aqy9BYqDM

There ya go.

Ah, seems it's even more complicated than I thought. That's the one, thanks.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

pacheco posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ycjY3Yu-NQ

Would anyone know the gladiator/opera/choir song that starts at 0:54? I've looked through all 2500 comments, and all of them are wrong. Any help would be appreciated!

I know it's not the following, even though some say it is in the comments:

Fugees - Ready or Not
Mozart - Greensleeves
JayZ (lol) or 50Cent
Enya - Boadicea/Sleepwalkers Paradise

kimbo305 posted:

My best guess is that it's an ERA song?
This one is more famous: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKvaLJsdphI

arg: they all sound so similar. I don't know Latin (and it's apparently only fake latin?) so I can't transliterate well enough to pin down the lyrics. Good luck: http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/era/

There are three groups I'm a big fan of that often have songs incorrectly attributed to each other--Era, Adiemus, and E Nomine--and I'm pretty sure I've heard all of the songs released by all, and while it sounds like it COULD be any of them I'm pretty sure it's none of them. However, now I want to know who this is as well because it sounds like I'd really like them.

Edit: Era has a new album out?? Forget what I said about having heard all of their songs! I should mention though that a LOT of the songs on that link kimbo305 posted are incorrectly attributed to them--look at their wikipedia page for songs that are actually Era. I haven't heard the new album yet but I can tell you it's none of the songs on the first four albums, and unless Adiemus and E Nomine have come out with new albums too I'm pretty sure it's not a song of theirs either.

Crab-botherer
May 8, 2007

cctoide posted:

Ah, ignore me. Missed your post saying you had found it.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
I keep hearing a song at work but never seem to here more than the chorus. It soft-rock ballady and the chorus sound like the guy is sining, "Electric pencil" several times.

Onnib
May 8, 2006

my knees are itchy
Does anybody know what song this is?
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32182.html
Starts at 1:24
Ends at 1:52

Seems like a remix of the SSBB main theme song. It is in the game or a seperate remix?

I can't find it on ocremix.org

40 oz to fame
May 29, 2001

Elohssa Gib posted:

Third is a song that I think is Swedish, it sounds almost Alvin and the Chipmonk-y, I believe it was a joke song and the chorus as far as I can recall sounded like "ooba ooba ooba hut hut hut" repeated several times.
This is Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot by Caramba, who you correctly identified as a Swedish joke band :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oml89-BS7c0

Computer Jones
Jun 22, 2005

Kaluza-Klein posted:

I am looking for a specific track that has a woman singing a recuring line "The pleasure's mine" over and over. She's putting a bit of emotion into it, and it goes over a heavy distorted guitar. It's not too fast.

I am pretty sure I have it on vinyl somewhere, but I cannot figure out where it is from.

<3

Pretty sure that's Telefon Tel Aviv - What It Was Will Never Again. :)

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Computer Jones posted:

Pretty sure that's Telefon Tel Aviv - What It Was Will Never Again. :)

Pretty sure I want to have sex with you. :)

xThrasheRx
Jul 12, 2005

Surrealistic
I've had this song but i've totally forgotten it, its from a pretty popular J-Rock group, I just cant put my finger on it arghhhhhhhh

the song here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WRVMgTBwg_g

Burned Wonton
Feb 8, 2005
Pyrex lids melt when you cook wontons on them in the microwave
I'm trying to hunt down a song I've heard on the radio twice this week, on the pop/hiphop stations, but I'm always too far away from home to get on the computer and check their playlists - today, I was two hours away from cell reception up in the Rockies.

It sounds like it's from the late 90s - early 00s, female lyricist, and the only bit I can remember goes BOW BOW "my body, something something, something something get on it."

I wish I could remember more of the lyrics.

quizilla
May 31, 2005
huge slut

xThrasheRx posted:

I've had this song but i've totally forgotten it, its from a pretty popular J-Rock group, I just cant put my finger on it arghhhhhhhh

the song here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WRVMgTBwg_g
Google lyrics searching tells me it's "Rival" by MintJam. http://www.last.fm/music/MintJam

xThrasheRx
Jul 12, 2005

Surrealistic

quizilla posted:

Google lyrics searching tells me it's "Rival" by MintJam. http://www.last.fm/music/MintJam

thanks man :D i don't know any asian language so I couldnt do that! :)

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
i heard a song recently on the local college radio station and it sounded SORT OF like bloc party

i didnt have a god drat pen with me otherwise i would have written down the lyrics and probably easily identified the song

i think the lyrics were something like

"call me when you get back, when you have time time" and then another one was "ill be fine"

it also had some guy in the background repeating "GO!....... GO!........ GO!........." during the chorus.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

40 oz to fame posted:

This is Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot by Caramba, who you correctly identified as a Swedish joke band :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oml89-BS7c0

This is an interesting song but it isn't what I'm thinking of. The song I'm looking for has the vocals sped up, and only has two vocalists iirc.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
I heard a song on a local rock station and I want to say it was by Pearl Jam or Smashing Pumpkins or something but I cant find it and all I can remember is part of the chorus where the singer goes something like:

..and im feeeeeeeelin' (insert lyrics said pretty fast here) ba ba ba baaaaaaa.

it really is a horrible description but its all I've got.

Immolat1on fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 2, 2008

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Immolat1on posted:

I heard a song on a local rock station and I want to say it was by Pearl Jam or Smashing Pumpkins or something but I cant find it and all I can remember is part of the chorus where the singer goes something like:

..and im feeeeeeeelin' (insert lyrics said pretty fast here) ba ba ba baaaaaaa.

it really is a horrible description but its all I've got.

Sounds like it might be Even Flow by Pearl Jam.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Ah so it was Pearl Jam. Thanks a lot.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
My sister recently gave me a list of songs for a mix CD for a party she's throwing with her friends. She gave me a list of songs she wanted but there's one in particular whose name/artist she didn't know. It's a really popular hip hop song because I've heard it on the radio a few times as well, but all she and I can remember is the melody.

It's kind of hard to explain, but it has 4 notes each repeated four times in a row that get progressively higher. Kind of like, "lolololo lelelele lililili lalalala (pretend they all get higher-pitched as it goes, and it's looped because it's the main melody)," except it's some sort of synth instrument. Obviously there's a drum beat and some bass layered onto that.

At first I figured it was something by T-Pain or Akon or whatever, but I couldn't find anything on Youtube.

Her party is this weekend, and if I can't find it, it doesn't really matter, but it's actually bothering me too because it's stuck in my head.

Suggestions?

gman5959
May 17, 2008

I think she's a honey. Look at those jugs.

Parachute Underwear posted:

My sister recently gave me a list of songs for a mix CD for a party she's throwing with her friends. She gave me a list of songs she wanted but there's one in particular whose name/artist she didn't know. It's a really popular hip hop song because I've heard it on the radio a few times as well, but all she and I can remember is the melody.

It's kind of hard to explain, but it has 4 notes each repeated four times in a row that get progressively higher. Kind of like, "lolololo lelelele lililili lalalala (pretend they all get higher-pitched as it goes, and it's looped because it's the main melody)," except it's some sort of synth instrument. Obviously there's a drum beat and some bass layered onto that.

At first I figured it was something by T-Pain or Akon or whatever, but I couldn't find anything on Youtube.

Her party is this weekend, and if I can't find it, it doesn't really matter, but it's actually bothering me too because it's stuck in my head.

Suggestions?

This is just a guess here but is it Calabria 2007?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vKLV85PraFg

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

gman5959 posted:

This is just a guess here but is it Calabria 2007?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vKLV85PraFg

Not quite. It's not as fast-paced and I'm 100% sure it's by a male artist. Thanks, though.

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

Parachute Underwear posted:

Suggestions?

Could it be Lil' Wayne - Lollipop?

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
Help my identify this instrumental from I think the 60s. What I can remember of it (unless I'm out of my mind and making things up) had a really tremoloy surf-sounding guitar playing 3 of the same notes or chords and then moving up, like G G G A or something really slowly.

I seem to recall reading in a trivia section of some magazine that it was censored on the radio for being too risqué although that might not have happened or maybe it was a different song.

PUSSY BARON fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 2, 2008

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

PUSSY BARON posted:

Help my identify this instrumental from I think the 60s. What I can remember of it (unless I'm out of my mind and making things up) had a really tremoloy surf-sounding guitar playing 3 of the same notes or chords and then moving up, like G G G A or something really slowly.

I seem to recall reading in a trivia section of some magazine that it was censored on the radio for being too risqué although that might not have happened or maybe it was a different song.
Link Wray - Rumble sounds close

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden

Sexy Pants posted:

Link Wray - Rumble sounds close

yes, that is it. awesome.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Rivfader posted:

Could it be Lil' Wayne - Lollipop?

That's the one. I was looking at charts and skipped over that one because I was convinced that wasn't it. Thanks! :)

iscis
Jan 8, 2007
im the coolest guy you know

Omegaslast posted:

i heard a song recently on the local college radio station and it sounded SORT OF like bloc party

i didnt have a god drat pen with me otherwise i would have written down the lyrics and probably easily identified the song

i think the lyrics were something like

"call me when you get back, when you have time time" and then another one was "ill be fine"

it also had some guy in the background repeating "GO!....... GO!........ GO!........." during the chorus.

Could it be "Go" by Blink-182?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOqNv57NtZM&feature=related

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I heard a song at the gym just now, and I've heard it on the radio a couple times, on rock stations.

it's got a driving beat, very low key guitars, and a soft male voice singing something like "all of these things that..." and "so many peeeeeeople" over and over.

The voice is very similar to thom yorke's.

any help?

EDIT: located my song, it's "chemtrails" by beck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeiFVfyiSiw

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 3, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightmotor
Jun 1, 2008
I don't remember how the song goes at all. I saw the video on viva polska and it had boobs and a fat dude in a silvery robe and a "star hat".

The video was like a european version of blinged out rap album covers, except the star hat guy was super creepy. I last saw the video in January while I was in Kyrgyzstan. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that.