Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006

Nitrox posted:

You need to email the seller with this and post his reply.

It's funny you mention that, I was already a step ahead.

quote:

Subject: Honda CBR 600 - $1400 (Pensacola, FL)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008

Hey man, that's a really sexy dog you've got on your tank. I'm really into dogs. I'm wondering if you
could tell me the age and sex of the pitty? (I wouldn't mind having a few tank slappers if you know what I
mean!)

I'd also like to know if the title on the bike is clean, who did the
jet kit install and when a good time to take a look at this beauty
would be!

Peace Outside,
timb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

timb posted:

It's funny you mention that, I was already a step ahead.

Oh my god.
I wonder if he'll pick up on it or if he'll just skim right over.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
This isn't exactly a car, but I suppose it qualifies as "ride" if you're into that kind of thing

http://florence.en.craigslist.it/vac/725787925.html

Florida Dream Home with a Dream Princess Bride included (West Palm Beach, Florida)

Dignity. Who needs it?

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006

stratdax posted:

Oh my god.
I wonder if he'll pick up on it or if he'll just skim right over.

Got a response.

quote:

Subject: Re: Honda CBR 600 - $1400 (Pensacola, FL)
Date: June 26, 2008 7:21:03 PM EDT

What's up? The bike has 39k miles, and a clear title. I'm not sure of the age of the dog on the bike, this was my buddys bike, and his dog. Just call me and I can show you the bike, Thanks.
STEVE 850-***-9188

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Slur, your fighting style is extremely problematic!

Ether Frenzy posted:

This isn't exactly a car, but I suppose it qualifies as "ride" if you're into that kind of thing

Florida Dream Home with a Dream Princess Bride included (West Palm Beach, Florida)

I can't understand this ad. Does she come with the house or something? Why is it listed as "for sale" in Vacation Rental section? And where did that other picture come from?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Dignity. Who needs it?

That looks like what I would get if I was searching CL for a new gearbox and inadvertently ended up searching 'tranny' in the casual encounters section instead of for sale.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Nitrox posted:

I can't understand this ad. Does she come with the house or something? Why is it listed as "for sale" in Vacation Rental section? And where did that other picture come from?

I'm guessing Divorce Barbie wants someone to buy her house so she can keep up her lifestyle, otherwise she can't afford to stay there.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Nitrox posted:

It was on her ebay auction which was taken down just before I posted, that was from the cached version. Should have clarified.

But yeah - I think the grizzled cougar is included with your coke-dealer/subprime mortgage lender McMansion.

san_dingo
May 31, 2004

I thought it was fast at the time.

COUGH 71hp COUGH

Ether Frenzy posted:

CNN just picked this up...amazing! :xd:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal/06/27/heart.for.sale.ap/index.html

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Florida (AP) -- She's tried nightclubs and online dating sites, but now a 42-year-old single mother is looking for love where everyone else's heart is breaking: the real estate market.

"I'm struggling...I don't want to lose my house and I want to find somebody," says Deven Trabosh.

After a year of trying to sell her four-bedroom home and eight years of singledom, Deven Trabosh is offering her South Florida home and a shot at marrying her on the Internet.

"I figured, let's combine the ad, because I'm looking for love and I'm looking to sell the house," said Trabosh, a Barbie-esque blonde who teeters around the nearly 2,000-square-foot house in patent leather heels.

"Marry a Princess Lost in America," Trabosh wrote in the ads she posted on eBay and Craigslist last week. She describes a life of romance and travel and a home decorated with vaulted ceilings, upgraded tile and a soaking tub in a gated community with a pool and tennis courts.

Trabosh, a licensed real estate agent who hasn't practiced in years, knew that she would struggle to sell the home in the troubled real estate market but insists that her fairy-tale ad isn't just a sales gimmick.

"I'm struggling. ... I don't want to lose my house, and I want to find somebody," said Trabosh, who changed her name in the ad to Traboscia to keep people from finding her in the Florida phone book. "So I came up with this dream plan, because I've always dreamed about being a fairy-tale princess."

She listed the home for $340,000 on a sell-it-yourself Web site but upped the price, adding a $500,000 shipping fee to include her companionship on eBay.

Trabosh says eBay removed her ad, though she planned to change the wording and repost it. Under the site's prohibited services policy, eBay does not allow the sale of human beings, body parts or relationships, spokeswoman Catherine England said Friday.

Trabosh hasn't received any serious offers but says she's had nearly 500 responses, mostly positive, including one from Ottie of Surrey, England, who e-mailed to say, "You are offering the perfect life with the perfect American princess."

She whips out her laptop to show off a picture of Claudio, a handsome Italian wine and cheese taster who she's been corresponding with since he responded to the ad. Seated on a white leather love seat in her living room, she giggles almost girlishly about him. They're hoping to meet in Miami in a few weeks.

She's gotten criticism too. Her 21-year-old daughter, Haley, says she just wants her mom to find love, but her 14-year-old daughter says her mother is embarrassing her. Other have e-mailed to say she's selling herself short.

"I'm not selling myself. I'm selling love ... to meet that true love," Trabosh said. "Of course, it's gonna take more chemistry and connection. It's not going to be instantaneous that I'm just going to be automatically for sale. ... It's a package deal for true love."

Trabosh isn't the first to use the Internet to hawk the unconventional. A heartbroken Australian man recently tried to sell his life online, including his house, job and friends. Others have sold body space, promising to display advertisements for the highest bidder.

"There is a plethora of quirky ads on craigslist that pop up on craigslist every day, and this appears to be one of them," spokeswoman Susan MacTavish Best said in an e-mail. "Scads of couples have met and, thus, married through craigslist over the last twelve years sometimes marrying the person who bought their tired couch."

Ideally, Trabosh hopes a European man will close the deal and says she's willing to move overseas.

"I know I'm putting myself out there. I'm sincere. I believe in true love," she said. "I want to get married again."

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Well, if you're in the market for a new home complete with a badly aging tranny...

APOLLO OHNO-UDIDNT
Jul 22, 2005

you can prob fix that with a little duct tape and a paper clip

*is MacGyver irl*

deviant. posted:

Well, if you're in the market for a new home complete with a badly aging tranny...

Apparently she is "adding a $500,000 shipping fee to include her companionship" what a bargain. Her 14 year-old daughter is horrified, I guess she just has to live with the geezer that takes Mom up on the offer?

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
the 14 year old doesn't look like a tranny yet, please don't enable her.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

I like this trend.

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande
Wait did..

... Did he.

Did he really.. take pictures of his monitor, to upload photos?

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
Was it this thread who had a listing from a guy in LA who uploading a bunch of photos of a "barely used brand new scooter" and accidently uploaded a photo of him holding a Mac-10 in his room with the batch?

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande
I don't think so, I don't remember it anyhow.

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B
1990 honda accord for $9000? Sign me up! http://buffalo.craigslist.org/car/734108126.html

quote:

JDM H22A engine swap (prelude), dc sport header, greddy evo exhaust, ngk plugs and wires, short ram intake, cross-drilled and slotted rotors, 18inch gunmetal excel rims with alomst new rubber, full invader style v-fiber body kit, JSp invader 2 carbon fiber hood, black housed one piece headlights, black altezza tail lights, lambo door conversion, fully smoothed and painted interior, indo-glo gauges, two-tone leather black and grey seats, suede headliner, JVC double din dvd player with a 7inch screen, 8 inch tvs in each front headrest, brand new 6.5's in front doors, and rear deck, custom fiberglass box with two 12 inch kicker cvr subs and Kicker mon block amp, two 12 inch tv's in custom made deck lid piece, f.b.s.s air ride setup, shaved handles, antenna and emblems, custom house of color paint job.

it seems like there are about 6 tvs in the car, thats atleast worth a couple dollars.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

dundun posted:

1990 honda accord for $9000? Sign me up! http://buffalo.craigslist.org/car/734108126.html

it seems like there are about 6 tvs in the car, thats atleast worth a couple dollars.
Unless those 2 girls come with the car and felate me every time I'm in it, that price is just stupid.

Nice avatar, PLR.

san_dingo
May 31, 2004

COUGH 71hp COUGH
Here's one for the RADL:

http://spokane.craigslist.org/car/738000583.html

Ok, so you have the coin for a 383 conversion, a "Stage 2 shift kit" :wtc:, but no time or money to get it tuned? Sure, I'll be right over. :rolleyes:

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande
WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS TO THE POOR RX7S?!

san_dingo
May 31, 2004

COUGH 71hp COUGH
I've seen worse, but not by much. :(

http://spokane.craigslist.org/car/739242415.html

Lambster Bisque
Dec 31, 2007

by angerbotSD

san_dingo posted:

That car has been around so many loving times, I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to have been all been done in steel or some poo poo - no fiberglass anyway.

san_dingo
May 31, 2004

COUGH 71hp COUGH

Lambster Bisque posted:

That car has been around so many loving times, I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to have been all been done in steel or some poo poo - no fiberglass anyway.

Whoops, sorry- I hadn't seen it before.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

san_dingo posted:

Here's one for the RADL:

http://spokane.craigslist.org/car/738000583.html

Ok, so you have the coin for a 383 conversion, a "Stage 2 shift kit" :wtc:, but no time or money to get it tuned? Sure, I'll be right over. :rolleyes:

Someone must have rushed right over... he pulled the ad... Thanks for the screen cap.

Aran: Because they can ;-) I much prefer someone doing this to an RX-7 over someone putting on some ridiculous body kit, giant wing, neon, altezza, and other glorious :rice:

And I'd guess he spent all his cash on the engine and install and then tought "Holy gently caress... I can't pay my rent/mortgage/bills!"

That or he's like me, married, and the wife said: Sell that bitch or you get no quality time...

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande
But... but rotary! Why would you make it.. COMMON?!

Edit: That's it, I'm selling a Probe and replacing it with an RX7.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

san_dingo posted:

That's quite possibly the most ridiculous car I've ever seen in my whole life.

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande

drat girl, you got some HIPS.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

san_dingo posted:

The pics are small but is that the world's largest tach on an auto transmission?

san_dingo
May 31, 2004

COUGH 71hp COUGH

devnull420 posted:

The pics are small but is that the world's largest tach on an auto transmission?

Yes, yes it is. The hole in the hood for the cold air intake is a nice touch too. :rolleyes:

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

san_dingo posted:

Yes, yes it is. The hole in the hood for the cold air intake is a nice touch too. :rolleyes:

Particularly rolleyes due to the fake hoodscoops right next to the CAI.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Solosilent posted:

http://hartford.craigslist.org/car/711502936.html

A $16,000 baby blue contour!

poor, poor svt :(

Seriously, go rice your shitbox civic or whatever....why a svt?

pacheco
May 2, 2005

Always bet on Duke.
MUST POST RITE NOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/car/731831553.html

SIC SOUDIN CAR!!! JUS LIEK A PALM PILOT FOR CAR!

pacheco
May 2, 2005

Always bet on Duke.
what the gently caress, i previewed then clicked post once. fduuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

pacheco fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jul 2, 2008

The 9th Axiom
May 7, 2008

pacheco posted:

MUST POST RITE NOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This one is priceless. Whoever posted it said the car "runs good and still pulls hard" but then goes around and says that the "1st gear sometimes works." So which is it, fella?

And it "must go tonite?" Why the rush? Maybe it's just freshly-jacked and the cops have got a lead on it. Hahahaha...

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
http://gainesville.craigslist.org/mcy/739729151.html

quote:

86 Honda Helix - $1600 (Lake City Florida)
Reply to: sale-739729151@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-07-01, 8:50PM EDT

This is a 1986 Honda Helix with just over 30,000 Miles. I purchased it just yesterday 06/30/08. I'm asking the exact price I paid for it as I didn't ride it but to the gas station and back before I relieved that my girth was going to be an issue. There are very little cosmetic issues. Well maintained, Gets 70 miles a gal. Also known by Honda as a CN 250, It rides great and is designed for speeds of 70 - 75+. Please only serious inquiries leave a message at 386-752-9066.

lol :btroll:

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande
How huge do you have to be to not be able to ride that?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

pacheco posted:

The palm pilot is a useful dtalogger setup, but I think the guy is too stupid to understand how it functions.

Personally, I love to buy cars from people like that. After two dozed tire kickers came and went, I would show up with a grand in cash and offer to transfer the title RIGHT NOW. You'd be surprised how often it works. Stock 5speed GSXs of that vintage are worth 4-6K to the right buyer. All I'd have to do is remove the rice parts and maybe change a couple of syncros in the transmission.

The 9th Axiom
May 7, 2008

Nitrox posted:

Personally, I love to buy cars from people like that. After two dozed tire kickers came and went, I would show up with a grand in cash and offer to transfer the title RIGHT NOW. You'd be surprised how often it works.

Cool tip. I may have to use that someday.

Poing
Jul 25, 2001

Gaze into my eyes...

Nitrox posted:

All I'd have to do is remove the rice parts and maybe change a couple of syncros in the transmission.
Yeah, his claim of linkage is crap. Most people don't want to open the transmission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Oh wow I can't wait for you to tell me more about this awesome car! :iamafag:

EDIT:

Holy poo poo. This was posted on the Chicago craigslist.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/car/739417332.html

Some bored dude / scammer.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 3, 2008