Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Still your #1 source of new game announcements!

Accept no substitutes!
:colbert:

Jose Valasquez fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
:argh: No Circlejerking People! I mean NO :argh:

Edit: Also I don't wanna be mean, but you missed my 1984 Mini-Mafia won by Mafia

ImPureAwesome fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 5, 2008

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Seedy Mansion Mini-Mafia is a 13-player mini-game that will launch on the 10th. It's based around a twist on the night phase: instead of targeting players, you target one of a few locations to do your night stuff at. I'm taking 4 more reserve spots so PM me if you're interested in one!

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

if you posted a game announcement please do so again in this thread for people who missed it. I have no idea what new big games are coming up, or any mini games besides Ninth.

As for my game, I don't know when I'll run it but it'll be roughly 25 players and based on the movie Cube. There will be some type of game mechanics that allow you to throw people into rooms to check for traps on top of regular mafia lynches, plus puzzles that lead to the exit and allows the town to win. Most of its been worked out and whenever it starts to get close to my time to run a game I'll start writing flavor and iron out the kinks.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I have a big game after Buane has one as far as games that are ready. Alasdair does have Lords of magic ready though.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I still have a Wal-Mart Mini I've been meaning to finish the flavor for because I am lazy. The setup and everything is ready. However, I probably won't run it for a while due to some life problems allowing me not to be here much.

Golden_Zucchini
May 16, 2007

Would you love if I was big as a whale, had a-
Oh wait. I still am.
I have a 26-player Alphabet Mafia ready to go whenever my turn in the queue comes up.

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what I think of your opinion.

Golden_Zucchini posted:

I have a 26-player Alphabet Mafia ready to go whenever my turn in the queue comes up.

Same with my Magic, the Gathering Mafia, 27 players.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I still have Earthbound Mafia (31-players) scheduled for starting on September 1st, 2008. I am assuming this will be after Red Storm is over and will give Grondemar a break from modding (since he is also helping with Earthbound Mafia).

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

If you want your game listed under Upcoming Games Currently Recruiting specifically say that you are recruiting now. At this point I'm assuming that Ninth is the only mod currently recruiting that has posted in this thread.

In other news Dragnix is looking for a replacement for Programming Language Mafia

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Please skip Brainslugs II in the queue until notified otherwise. I would rather run it in the future when I see a chance for it to not become a game full of circle-jerks, shitposts, or jaded participants.

I have updated the queue accordingly.

Buane fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 6, 2008

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Buane posted:

Please skip Brainslugs II in the queue until notified otherwise. I would rather run it in the future when I see a chance for it to not become a game full of circle-jerks, shitposts, or jaded participants.

Let it all out, we're listening. I'll be your shoulder to cry on. :)

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Buane posted:

I'm thinking of just waiting until 2 or 3 key players are "away" before opening my game for recruitment

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I will be running Friends and Neighbors Mafia once I feel like it and the minis currently ongoing have a chance to settle. Maybe in a few weeks, more or less.

Details:

13 players
Open setup, Cardflip is on
Out of thread communication allowed

The setup:

3 Houseowners
10 Vanilla Townies

Power roles (replace Vanilla townies of possibly Homeowners).
50% chance of one 'Village Bicycle (slut)'
50% chance of one 'Insomniac'
50% chance of one 'Dog Owner'
2 Lovers
2 Mafia
1 Mafia Lockpick

A coin flip will be used to determine if each town power role listed above will be in the game. Thus the town and scum cannot know for certain if a role is in the game. Three Mafia players will be assigned to the town, and could either be homeowners or replace Vanilla Townies. One Mafia player will always replace a Vanilla Townie and be the Mafia power role, the Mafia lockpick.

The two lovers are assigned randomly between any two non-homeowner players, so one, both, or neither could be Mafia members. These lovers must either spend the night in a house together or sleep on the street together, if one of them is not invited to a house for the night both must sleep on the street. These are not traditional lovers in that this is their only restriction, if one dies the other does not commit suicide.

The twist on the game is the 'homeowners'. Each night each Homeowner may invite up to 3 other players to stay in his house. These players may then accept or decline the invitation. Any player declining the invitation or not invited sleeps on the street that night. Out of thread communication or in thread communication can be used to get a spot in a house for the night.

The rest of the gameplay works around this mechanic. Each night the Mafia must kill one player. They may choose to kill anyone sleeping on the street (such players are vulnerable) or kill anyone sleeping in the same house as a Mafia member (including a Mafia homeowner). If no Mafia member was able to get into a house with a townie, and there are no townies on the streets, then they have to forfeit their kill.

The power roles work as such:

Mafia Lockpick. If the Mafia Lockpick is sleeping on the street or in a Mafia Homeowner's house he may sneak out and break into another house, killing someone even though they reside in a locked house. If the Mafia Lockpick dies the Mafia lose their ability to infiltrate houses.

Town Bicycle. The 'slut' can choose a player in a house he is in to engage in raunchy sex, preventing them from performing any actions that night but also protecting them from a kill (Mafia don't like witnesses). The Town Bicycle essentially functions as a jailer.

Town Insomniac. The Insomniac barely sleeps, and instead wanders the halls all night. If he is in a house all members of that house are protected from nightkills by other people sleeping in the house.

Town Dog Owner. The town dog owner has a loud and vicious guard dog that will bark at any intruders. If the town dog owner is in a house the Mafia Lockpick attempts to break into the kill will fail because the dog will chase him off.

Ultimately I think this game will be refreshing because of the new mechanic, players can attempt to get houses together full of people they trust with out of thread communication but must always be wary not to let Mafia in. Without a cop players must use their knowledge of who slept where and known or suspected town power roles to determine who could and could not be scum combined with their own suspicions, but they must be careful because the Mafia lockpick can throw the results off, and the Mafia, if they're gutsy, may claim a role that due to the coinflip may not be in the game to counterclaim!

I think the forums could use more open setup games so I think this one could be a fun change for pace for those tired of looking at roleclaims and basing your decision on what the mod would decide rather than what the player is doing.

Edit: One last thing I'm considering is setting the game up with a very short no-lynching day 0 for people to have some quick discussion then moving into a full night 1 with kills and everything.

Tom Tucker fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 6, 2008

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Tom, are you reserving spots for your game? If so I am incredibly interested.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)

Squiggly posted:

Tom, are you reserving spots for your game? If so I am incredibly interested.

This. Very this.

Edit: Will OOT communication be allowed for anything, not just house-invites?

Noreaus fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 6, 2008

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

If anyone is interested in running a game, and would like help with unique setups, my services are available. I have a bunch of cool ideas I would like to shoot back and forth with people, but am way too lazy to run a big game myself.

My aim is Wearinskauntlets.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I want to try running a small game someday. I have a few flavor ideas but nothing set in stone yet, so it'll be awhile. Plus, I'm in 4 games (why the gently caress did I sign up for 4 games at a time).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Wall-E Mini Mafia will open up by, oh let's say, the end of the week. It will probably be about 13 players.

I saw it again this weekend, it's so cute. :)

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what I think of your opinion.
EDIT: Human Body Mini-Mafia no longer needs a replacement. Thanks Noreaus!

sc4rs fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 7, 2008

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

So, Persona mafia had a bit of a "creation hiatus", since I ran out of fun ideas for it, but I'm back in the saddle, which means it might finish soonish and put me maybe a month or so away from launch? Probably more.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I'd like to announce my intention to run another large game. It will be Les Mafiables and will be co-hosted by the fabulous EccoRaven!

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Recount mafia has ended in a scum victory.

Ardent
Oct 11, 2005

in my heart my soul fire
:siren: THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER CIRCLEJERK POST THIS IS AN ANNOUNCMENT :siren:

(i just like bold and sirens ok??)

The old crew have become progressively more jaded and tired with various aspects of mafia, be it either the thread, or the forums games, or IRC.

A number of us, sitting around on IRC one night, hit upon an idea which we believed would have widespread appeal and help to bring us all back together. The whole point of mafia is broadly to lie and bluff and read other people. What else could resemble this?

The clear answer is: :siren: Hold'em Poker!!! :siren:

I know there's a pretty large number of you who play poker, and that there's a only slightly smaller-than-that-number of you who would like to consider yourselves at least halfway decent.

To that end, we sat down, and created PokerBot for IRC! The team behind it was me with TLB, b0lt and Wuntvor, and with input from Ecco, JoseV, MiR, Tuckfard, Illandir, Porcus, Tao, Xythar, Caps, Lomil, Wind, Trajan, Fitty and KK.

Poker has translated amazingly well to IRC. A few people were skeptical about how it would play out, but everyone who demo'd it concluded that it was loving epic & awesome with little to no coersion :).

Even those who have left IRC due to ennui have been tempted to come back for this. It is *that* good - the hype over this has been entirely justified. There hasn't been an announcement this big since the launch of Mafiabot. For those who haven't come to IRC before, I strongly urge you to come take a look. It's where the cool kids hand - at time of writing, there's 31 of us in there all chillaxing. And now we have poker tourneys!

For those who want information on the bot commands, it's available here. PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE COMING IN TO PLAY. A quick note: "p status" is your friend. Use it REPEATEDLY, especially in larger games. When you have 10 people screaming in the channel at the flop in an epic game, you will well need it.

There is full control over the initial billfold, the blind settings and even the blind double speed - in it terms of either time, or in terms of the number of hands.

As regards to the whole playing for money issue: There has been talk of playing for small money, say 10 players for $10ea. As bot runner I am slightly leary with having to deal with the drama and fallout should there be issues or problems with payout or something. My inclination would be to say go to a proper poker tourney website and just pay the fees there to minimise drama, but I dunno and it's up for discussion, if enough people want to play for money to make it worthwile and someone trustworthy can be found, who knows? vOv

Once again, my apologies for the near 24 hour delay after my inital pre-announcement. We still had to iron out a few kinks in the code, and we had to get the bot hosted on a stable platform that didn't crash all the time.

We're gonna run a quick tourney now, for say 7 people apart from me. The first 7 people into #pokermafia get in!

Ardent fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 8, 2008

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Kloaked00 posted:

I'd like to announce my intention to run another large game. It will be Les Mafiables and will be co-hosted by the fabulous EccoRaven!

I am requesting a spot in this please please please.

Also, I was in the midst of creating another large game, and while I think it might be fun, right now it looks like it will be a clusterfuck. If anyone wishes to help me a.) iron out the kinks, and b.) help me make it fun, I'm looking for a co-mod. Please?

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Squiggly posted:

and while I think it might be fun, right now it looks like it will be a clusterfuck.

This was my idea. :colbert:

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Piuro posted:

This was my idea. :colbert:

Yes but mine has a cool theme: 80s Mafia! :c00lbert:

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Mine is themed around the very fact that it is a clusterfuck.

It's all very meta.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

New mini game by me, Warcraft Mafia, 10 players, writing up stuff now, possibly launching tonight, unless someone objects. This game will not be a super long one, and day one will have a deadline of 48 hours.

Lots of blood and death, in traditional Blizzard fashion.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

50 pounds of bread posted:

New mini game by me, Warcraft Mafia, 10 players, writing up stuff now, possibly launching tonight, unless someone objects. This game will not be a super long one, and day one will have a deadline of 48 hours.

Can I call dibs even though I'm in 45 games?

edit: actually snakes on a plane just ended.. I'm totally in for this

HighlordBobo
May 17, 2006

Goodbye inspiration,
Voice of a generation...
Also interested in that game. Sign me up.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Of course you two may, just sign up in thread.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

50 pounds of bread posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2897500

Threads up and taking signups, PM or AIM me your favorite unit along with your sign up.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

So, I know nothing about IRC, but I've seen a link on here to a web version of the room. Can someone repost the link, so I can check out the poker thing, please? I've tried manually searching the last few pages for "IRC", but unfortunately, that combination shows up in "cIRClejerk", so every post has it at least 32 times.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

jmaze posted:

So, I know nothing about IRC, but I've seen a link on here to a web version of the room. Can someone repost the link, so I can check out the poker thing, please? I've tried manually searching the last few pages for "IRC", but unfortunately, that combination shows up in "cIRClejerk", so every post has it at least 32 times.

You should post this in the discussion thread.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Good point.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Jose Valasquez posted:

You should post this in the discussion thread.

Sorry, I thought I was doing that. I had both threads open.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

with mafia on a plane ending, who is up next?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
It looks like Firefly. I'm next in the queue afterwards, but as I've said before, I'm waiting til Red Storm finishes, since I have a large game as well (31 players). Grondemar also is co-modding, so I want to give him a break.

I'm aiming for a September 1st start date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

I request that you remove Mafia 40 from the completed games list...just leave it game 39 and game 41 and if anyone asks just stare off into the distance.

Also can please people shut the gently caress up if it has nothing to do with games. There's a reason why this thread was split from the other gay thread

• Locked thread