Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 9th Axiom
May 7, 2008

deviant. posted:

You know you can respond to more than one post at a time....see?

I know but I like to respond one post at a time. Is there a rule against that? Doesn't my reply help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

HOL-EY GODDAMN I'm about as disturbed as a human being could be. Jesus Christ.

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande
Worried?

Too much power?

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
Oh god 150CCs of RAW POWER.

I can imagine his mom looking longingly out the window every night as he putters off to dad mans curve at 25 mph.

Lambster Bisque
Dec 31, 2007

by angerbotSD

The 9th Axiom posted:

I know but I like to respond one post at a time. Is there a rule against that? Doesn't my reply help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?

Yes actually, there is a rule about it. It falls under quite a few of the rules outlined here: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/forum-rules/forum-rules.php

Not to mention it's really not any harder to respond to all posts in only one of yours, also it's just plain polite. So try not being a dick about it.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

quote:

it has way too much power for me

It's a 150cc scooter. What does this guy normally drive, a model T?

OptimusRhyme
Jan 12, 2006
Autobots crafting only the finest limericks.

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

I can imagine his mom looking longingly out the window every night as he putters off to dad mans curve at 25 mph.

This is the best play-on spelling mistake ever.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

Hey man you don't mess with the SUPER MOTOR.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

blugu64 posted:

Click here for the full 1144x822 image.

This saved me so much gas cause I got 85MPG in the 40 miles I rode it. Also :pedo:

"I loved this and only rode it 2 days it has too much power for me"

:wtf:

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

bladernr posted:

"I loved this and only rode it 2 days it has too much power for me"

:wtf:

Well I mean the owner does appear to be a 6 year old girl, I can kind of understand how it might be too much bike for her.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Phy posted:

Hey man you don't mess with the SUPER MOTOR.

drat, thats not any ordinary 1000 dollar Chinese scooter.

Daddy Fantastic
Jun 22, 2002

For the glory of FYAD
what is a wrff

Click here for the full 944x821 image.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Daddy Fantastic posted:

what is a wrff

Click here for the full 944x821 image.

just some unorthodox onomatopoeia. 10+? That looks like 7-12 at best.

mea gulpa
May 25, 2006
nvm i'm retarded

mea gulpa fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 13, 2008

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/car/753457187.html

Usually a salvage title on a car means severe damage. But this one was only fixed with just

quote:

a new bumper and grill one head light
What on earth is a one grill headlight? Also it was “all ways grauge” so that way it wouldn’t be driven in the winter because Iowa is the king of the rust belt states.

Click here for the full 1024x958 image.

Sorry for the lazy image job.

edit: wasn't paying attention to tags, good lord I'm tired

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 13, 2008

Schuepbach
Feb 12, 2004

devnull420 posted:

Also, there's a tiptronic RT12 for sale. On one hand I think "Why!!!!", on the other hand it'd piss off the purists enough it'd almost be worth getting (if you had millions in disposable income). I can just imagine the AI response if someone posted a new car thread with a tiptronic Ruf.

The original owner of the car had a bum leg, so he physically couldn't drive a manual transmission.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/car/753457187.html

Usually a salvage title on a car means severe damage. But this one was only fixed with just
What on earth is a one grill headlight? Also it was “all ways grauge” so that way it wouldn’t be driven in the winter because Iowa is the king of the rust belt states.

Jesus, fix your URL tags

And a salvage title only means severe damage if the car is worth a lot of money. On some 1000 dollar beater, scuffing the paint could total it.

Even though he's asking more than the truck is worth (particularly in today's market) it's still unlikely. I mean he's talking 1-2000 dollars, it should take more like 4000, at least.

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande
Could have always gotten an inflated estimate at a semi-shady body shop to try and screw his insurance over and gotten kicked in the rear end by it, too

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Laissez les bons temps rouler
http://pensacola.craigslist.org/car/754290666.html

This guy wants a good running car.

quote:

looking 4 a good running car (69 aspen st)
Reply to: sale-754290666@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-07-14, 10:06AM EDT

hi all i have 88 gmc 1500 pk wating to trade 4 verry good running car something like buick . chevy . dodge . olds . & 600 dollars or 1800 obo . 4 more info call mr goodwin at 850-897-4464 if no anser call 850-374-1414 might just trade eaven wate & c what u got gmc truck is at 69 aspen st freeport
sorry i have no way to take pics

Someone e-mail him and offer a Honda and see if his mind explodes.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 28, 2018

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Fuelslt1 posted:

I think a Suzuki Swift would be a better idea.

I think a dictionary with wheels glued on would be the best idea.

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster

Ziploc posted:

http://hamilton.en.craigslist.ca/mcy/749439125.html

What the gently caress is up with the hidden white text?

Craigslist doesn't let you make identical posts in different geographical regions (i.e; South Jersey, Central Jersey, North Jersey, etc), so he probably put the white text to throw off the filter.

I have to say, though, what he's written is loving bizarre. He could have just explained what the text meant instead of psyducking potential customers.

Daddy Fantastic
Jun 22, 2002

For the glory of FYAD
Saw this on reddit today.

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/car/754362086.html

Click here for the full 1121x856 image.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

quote:

going to jaill for 5 years
Guess he wasn't :rice: enough for the real deal.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

Leninboarrir posted:

Craigslist doesn't let you make identical posts in different geographical regions (i.e; South Jersey, Central Jersey, North Jersey, etc), so he probably put the white text to throw off the filter.

I have to say, though, what he's written is loving bizarre. He could have just explained what the text meant instead of psyducking potential customers.

I don't know how long it's going to take people to realize that weird, unrelated text, either in e-mail or craigslist, is an indicator of a scam post by people that do mass postings.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Wag-o-lanche

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/car/754658630.html

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

VideoTapir posted:

Wag-o-lanche

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/car/754658630.html

drat. I would buy that

ChiliMac
Apr 13, 2005

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.
http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/714149457.html

quote:

Datsun 1972 3/4 chassis,liberty tranny nueva,turbo gt45,30x13goodyear,Digital boost controler,halltech computer,rear end chevy 12 bolt parachut,new fuel pump line regulator,radiator,intercooler,throtle 8 injectors,full body metal with original glass,new wheels ,all gauges,swith box and more.

:c00lbert:

I love Datsuns--one of these days I will make a project out of one drat it.

jarodm
Apr 30, 2003
ZING!!!

ChiliMac posted:

http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/714149457.html

:c00lbert:

I love Datsuns--one of these days I will make a project out of one drat it.

God drat that is a beautiful car.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://stockton.craigslist.org/car/760994574.html

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

well, 4 spark plugs = 4 cylinders, rite? :v:

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Wait-what am I missing here? That looks like a killer deal, assuming it doesn't have 200k+ miles. Infact, if I didn't live 3400 miles away I'd be tempted to swing by and check that thing out...

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

metalhead posted:

Wait-what am I missing here? That looks like a killer deal, assuming it doesn't have 200k+ miles. Infact, if I didn't live 3400 miles away I'd be tempted to swing by and check that thing out...

If you do, be sure to have him open the hood and point out the four cylinders.

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster

madattheinternet posted:

I don't know how long it's going to take people to realize that weird, unrelated text, either in e-mail or craigslist, is an indicator of a scam post by people that do mass postings.

That's probably true, although, when I try to sell stuff on CL, I like to put it on my local NJ site as well as Philadelphia and some of the NYC sites, and I use that technique.

Of course, I just write, "This white text is to throw off the filter" or something like that.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

metalhead posted:

Given the fact that rotaries need a unique type of maintenance compared to piston engines or are notoriously unreliable I would not buy a used rotary car from someone who doesn't know what a rotary is.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CornHolio posted:

If you do, be sure to have him open the hood and point out the four cylinders.

Ahaha, it just hit me...thats actually hilarious. :v:

King
Jun 28, 2006
Not Kong
This may very well be true gold - although I don't know how good of a price that is:

1977 Toyota Celica GT - http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/car/764609463.html

quote:

F/S: 1977 Toyota Celica
Miles: 52,952 mi
Engine: 20R
OK people, i am selling my 1977 Toyota Celica GT hatchback. Everything that i'm going to mention was replace about 2k miles ago. I replace the engine with new water pump and gaskets including oilpan and oilpump gaskets.New seals too.New front shocks (KYB) , new calipers, rotors and brake pads. The interior is 8 out of 10. The front springs were cut and koni springs on the rear with short stoke shocks.Brand new clutch set and resurface the flywheel.Seals on tha tranny were replaced. RCA installed. the car runs great. I can deliver the car to L.A. area with additional fee.

Price: $5300 or $4600 w/o rims OBO

san_dingo
May 31, 2004

I thought it was fast at the time.

COUGH 71hp COUGH
Hay guys I got a great Toyota truck these things run forever it just needs a little body work OK and it will be an easy project 4 anyone who can turn a wrench and it's only $2500 who cares that you can get one with doors and a bed and an interior for a lil' bit more this is the truck 4U :downs:

Click here for the full 927x832 image.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

King posted:

This may very well be true gold - although I don't know how good of a price that is:

1977 Toyota Celica GT - http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/car/764609463.html

Just from that one interior pic I'm seeing no radio, a big gash in the driver's seat and a glovebox that doesn't seem to completely close... I think the "8/10 interior" might have been a bit on the charitable side. Not to mention that it's a 32-year-old car with a front plate that says "I'm not speeding, I'm qualifying".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
Custom painted Eagle.... on a Firebird Hell Yeah! Seriously the Phoenix should rise again and kick this guy in his bird brain.

Click here for the full 703x722 image.