Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
While I do realize that I may very well be jepordizing any of my goon interweb credit as being both trv and cvlt :black101: in the black metal circles for recognizing Cradle of Filth in a black metal thread, I am excited to the news that Satyricon will be indeed touring North America this winter as their direct support. It will be the first time they've hit our shores since like '04. I'm anxious to hear the new their new release this November. All the recent interviews with Satyr and Frost boast that it will indeed be their finest offering to date.

On a related note, the new Cradle of Filth album that is also due this fall is suppose to be a concept album pertaining to the French noble turned serial killer, Gilles de Rais. He was a rather interesting historical figure to say the least. Dani Filth's recent interviews link it musically to the likes of Midian and Dusk... Her Embrace. Midian is about the only CoF album that still gets regular play with me these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Midian and Dusk... are two of the only three CoF albums I still listen to, so that's pretty cool to hear.

I really liked what Satyricon did on My Skin Is Cold, so I'm pumped about the new album.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
You give and you take. I've always considered Dani Filth a very interesting lyricist and a very uninteresting musician.

ReDiNmYhEaD
Mar 17, 2006
Ahoy, I've been given a ticket to see At the Gates in San Francisco next week, and while I know of them and have heard a few tracks I'm largely new. Could someone suggest a starting place?

I did pickup the Rockband DLC track Blinded by Fear and thought it pretty darn badass...

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

ReDiNmYhEaD posted:

Ahoy, I've been given a ticket to see At the Gates in San Francisco next week, and while I know of them and have heard a few tracks I'm largely new. Could someone suggest a starting place?

I did pickup the Rockband DLC track Blinded by Fear and thought it pretty darn badass...

Terminal Spirit Disease is, in my eyes, a classic of the genre. I'd check that out.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

ReDiNmYhEaD posted:

They've only got 4 albums, you don't have much ground to cover.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

ReDiNmYhEaD posted:

I'm not trying to be a dick but At the Gates isn't black metal at all. They're melodic death metal.

ReDiNmYhEaD
Mar 17, 2006

IntoTheNihil posted:

I'm not trying to be a dick but At the Gates isn't black metal at all. They're melodic death metal.

My apologies, I'll keep that in mind for the future. Thanks all for the input.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Apparently Blood Stained Dusk has a rather grim US tour planned for this November...

American black metal legion Blood Stained Dusk, who feature in their ranks former Gorgoroth/Obtained Enslavement vocalist Pest, have signed to Moribund Records:

Blood Stained Dusk is proud to announce that we have joined forces with Moribund Records for the release of our latest studio creation, entitled Black Faith Inquisition. A tribute to our late guitarist and frontman Dageth and his transcendence of the flesh, this album is sure to unleash a maelstrom of venomous chaos unlike anything ever witnessed. It will also feature an alliance with former Gorgoroth/Obtained Enslavement vocalist Pest, who speaks our blasphemies from his unholiest of tongues in Dageth’s stead. Nothing can prepare you for the onslaught that will ensue, but you all must face the inquisitors in their quest to rid this world of the Christian faith. Catch us live this November as we spread the Black Faith across America alongside our warbrothers HORNA (FI), Kult Ov Azazel (US), and Azrael (US). The Banner of Hate and Destruction shall soon be unfurled upon Mankind!”

Proposed cities for this silly tour are below:

Oct. 31 - San Francisco, CA
Nov. 1 - Los Angeles, CA
Nov. 2 - San Marcos, CA
Nov. 3 - Las Vegas, NV
Nov. 4 - Salt Lake City, UT
Nov. 5 - Denver, CO
Nov. 7 - San Antonio, TX
Nov. 8 - Houston, TX
Nov. 9 - New Orleans, LA
Nov. 11 - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Nov. 12 - Jacksonville, FL
Nov. 13 - Atlanta, GA
Nov. 14 - Winston Salem, NC
Nov. 15 - Springfield, VA
Nov. 16 - NYC, NY
Nov. 18 - Chicago, IL
Nov. 19 - Minneapolis, MN
Nov. 21 - Seattle, WA
Nov. 22 - Portland, OR

79of96
Nov 23, 2007
There was a hole here...it's gone now.
Taake and Primordial!

HAIL!

alkali
Jul 20, 2006

I LIKE TO KEEP IT IN THE FAMILY - WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE
Reviving thread to say that Gaahl is a homo!

http://www.nettavisen.no/innenriks/ibergen/article2086056.ece

An article in a Norwegian online news site has published an interview with Gorgoroth singer Gaahl and a modelling agent, or whatever. Basically, they explain how they got a close relationship, and how Gaahl often told the dude he had warm feelings for him. Now they've created a clothes collection for women.

Headline reads "I was crazy about Dan" (De Vero, the agent).

e: Oh, and before someone goes "everybody knew this" - I know there has been rumours and "sightings", but this just kind of makes it a bit more official.

alkali fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 24, 2008

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Satan... *sips cosmopolitan*

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Oh god, I did not see that one coming. Honestly.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
that's pretty disheartening. especially the day after I got my black mass dvd.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Not Very Metal posted:

that's pretty disheartening. especially the day after I got my black mass dvd.

How so? I don't see how him being gay should have any bearing on him as a musician, unless he suddenly starts singing about designing the most "kvlt" fashion for Satan or something.

alkali
Jul 20, 2006

- This strongly contrasts your role as a front person in Gorgoroth, so how did those around you react to this?

- Those who know me didn't think it was particularly strange. I don't care what people in general think. I won't change as a person just because there are a few dresses out in the world. Besides, I like to confuse people, Espedal says with a laugh.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
^ yeah, that sums up what I was thinking.

Gvaz posted:

How so? I don't see how him being gay should have any bearing on him as a musician, unless he suddenly starts singing about designing the most "kvlt" fashion for Satan or something.

oh, it totally doesn't. I wasn't trying to knock his sexuality, just that fact that he now has a woman's clothing line. the juxtaposition between "black metal musician" and "fashion designer" strikes me as a bit odd.

e: clarity

Not Very Metal fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 24, 2008

deltawing
Sep 20, 2007

feels good man
I recently bought Mirrorthrone's discography and the 2 newest Keep of Kalessin's.

Both are fantastic bands/albums, and Mirrorthrone gets my highest recommendation.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Gvaz posted:

That would be amazing. There needs to be more kvlt and tr00 fashions on the Paris runways these days.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Awesome album: PYHA - The Haunted House

quote:

Unbelievably grim Burzumic buzz from a Korean 8th grader!!! The demo received a TEN in terrorizer and you'll understand why. Burzum meets Abruptum but even more harsh and atmospheric. Anti war, anti military outsider individualistic blackness that destroys any other BM you've heard.

evil as gently caress. Out soon on tUMULt.

astounding_zlatan
Apr 27, 2003
---

astounding_zlatan fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 23, 2020

alkali
Jul 20, 2006

pugna posted:

Can someone translate that interview in full? Pretty pretty please.

Blabbermouth has it translated.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=101511

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Next thing you know, there'll be studded nail armbands and bullet belts being snuck on the runway by designers trying to mimmick his clothing line :v:

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

alkali posted:

Reviving thread to say that Gaahl is a homo!

http://www.nettavisen.no/innenriks/ibergen/article2086056.ece

An article in a Norwegian online news site has published an interview with Gorgoroth singer Gaahl and a modelling agent, or whatever. Basically, they explain how they got a close relationship, and how Gaahl often told the dude he had warm feelings for him. Now they've created a clothes collection for women.

I guess this confirms the rumor that when Gorgoroth played down in Tijuana Gaahl was asking people he could find "beautiful young men"

Lowdez
Feb 4, 2008
up the irons

m-o-o-n posted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=puwllq0fBLs&feature=related
this makes me almost piss myself, every, loving, time.

astounding_zlatan
Apr 27, 2003
---

astounding_zlatan fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 23, 2020

pizzapocketparty
Nov 27, 2005
CHOMP

Dyna Soar posted:

that is the coolest thing ever.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Christ Beheaded is a brand new Satanic black/death band featuring Bob Fouts (drummer for The Gates of Slumber, guitar in Christ Beheaded) and Dustin Boltjs (drummer for Demiricous).

Hailing from Indianapolis, IN and also featuring members from local death metal band Summon The Destroyer, Christ Beheaded just finished recording its first five-song CD/EP at Basement Rage studios with Fouts as the engineer. The band also played its first-ever live gig on August 14 in Indianapolis with Harakiri, among others.

Christ Beheaded plans on self-releasing the CD/EP in fall and is working on booking more live appearances for the end of the summer.

If your a fan of Watain or Dissection, check these two songs out...

http://www.myspace.com/christbeheaded666

All you christians need to go make a post about how inspirational the new Underoath album is!

Where's all the black metal support?!?! :black101:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

m-o-o-n posted:

hahahah

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

All you christians need to go make a post about how inspirational the new Underoath album is!

I'll see if it's not too late to put a blurb in our church bulletin about this praise filled music.

(And I like what I've heard on their MySpace.)

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 21, 2008

ReDiNmYhEaD
Mar 17, 2006
Ok, a real black metal question this time: Whats he deal with Italy and black metal. I throw "North Italy Metal" into google and get some black metal right off the bat.

Any Italian goons know of some local shows in mid september? I'll be in Italy from the 10th-28th of spetember and would love to check out some local shows. Any hard rockin music would be cool too, but I loves me some loud rockin' music.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

ReDiNmYhEaD posted:

Ok, a real black metal question this time: Whats he deal with Italy and black metal. I throw "North Italy Metal" into google and get some black metal right off the bat.

Any Italian goons know of some local shows in mid september? I'll be in Italy from the 10th-28th of spetember and would love to check out some local shows. Any hard rockin music would be cool too, but I loves me some loud rockin' music.

Kind of off topic, but go see Ufomammut or Morkobot if in anyway possible. Lento too, although they're not quite as good.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Dyna Soar posted:

Holy poo poo I need to hear this.

Avant Gardening
Jul 24, 2007
"...And if you wondered what Time sounded like it sounded like water running in a dark cave and voices crying and dirt dropping down upon hollow box lids, and rain."

Kaiho posted:

Holy poo poo I need to hear this.

there's samples of it on here: http://www.aquariusrecords.org

i was worried that this was going to be a gimmick, but it's excellent. for being another bedroom bm act it is somehow incredible and new.

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

Fruit don't talk. Fruit just listen.

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Christ Beheaded

This sounds great! I can't wait to hear more.

BVG, are you in Indianapolis?

12th and chicon
Jul 2, 2008
NO.

Avant Gardening posted:

there's samples of it on here: http://www.aquariusrecords.org

i was worried that this was going to be a gimmick, but it's excellent. for being another bedroom bm act it is somehow incredible and new.

I really hope the drumming in this catches on.

Megaman
May 8, 2004
I didn't read the thread BUT...
Does anyone know any other bands like Azrael? I cannot get enough of their recent 2 albums Self and Goat, I need more experimental black metal music with tritones and 5/4 and 7/8 time signatures. I also listen to Ondskapt, anyone have suggestions?

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
November 3, 2008 will be a day of dark reckoning.

Satyricon's Age of Nero

Tracklisting...

1. Commando
2. The Wolfpack
3. Black Crow On A Tombstone
4. Die By My Hand
5. My Skin Is Cold (album version)
6. The Sign Of The Trident
7. Last Man Standing
8. Den Siste

Cover...

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
I really can't get exited over a new Satyricon album. The last ones plus My throne is cold (sp?) was really uninteresting. But you never know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.
I liked the idea behind the black'n'roll on Volcano and Rebel but I don't like their execution of it.