Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bad news bears, Seedy Mansion is unforunately being postponed for a bit. I'm going out of town to a wedding reception for my cousin and will probably be gone for a few days. Once I get back it'll launch. I've still got spots so feel free to PM me for one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what I think of your opinion.
I need another replacement for Human Body Mini-Mafia. Please. If you're interested, PM me or email me at rjs420@nyu.edu or catch me on IRC. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, since I'm running Human Body and currently in France, if Capsaicin doesn't want her spot right now and Firefly also doesn't get run, skip over me too for now. I'll run mine likely after Capsaicin's is finished, since the games in between ours will likely be finished and run around the time of Earthbound.

EDIT 2: Windshipper is awesome. Spot filled.

sc4rs fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jul 10, 2008

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Wrong thread. Sorry! My bad.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I'm going to be busier than I want to be for the next month to be running a game. Either I'm going to have to hold and play it sometime mid-august when things settle down completely, or if someone wants to help, please PM me. I'm pretty excited for this game so someone helping would be preferred since I'm impatient.

Grondemar
Apr 28, 2007

It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.

Capsaicin posted:

It looks like Firefly. I'm next in the queue afterwards, but as I've said before, I'm waiting til Red Storm finishes, since I have a large game as well (31 players). Grondemar also is co-modding, so I want to give him a break.

I'm aiming for a September 1st start date.

Sounds like a plan. With any luck, both Red Storm and Chess 2 will (finally) end by then! :woop:

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Ok. I have help. I'll be running Firefly mafia starting this weekend. Think likely Saturday, but Sunday if somehow I get busier.

You can contact me now for a spot in advance. In fact I highly encourage that you do, just in case if fills up early.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
IRC game in #mafia tonight. The Departed themed, 8:30 PM EST. That's in about an hour. It'll be short and hopefully fun.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I'd like to run Lunatics 2 sometime either before or after Earthbound. Whichever one fits, but only before if there's enough time that it wouldn't interfere with Caps' game.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

tuckfard posted:

I'd like to run Lunatics 2 sometime either before or after Earthbound. Whichever one fits, but only before if there's enough time that it wouldn't interfere with Caps' game.

Thanks for being specific on when you want to run it. :-p

Sept. 1st will only be the date if Red Storm has been finished for approximately a week by that point. I really think Gronde needs a break from hosting since he has two games up right now. He'll only be doing vote count and very light flavor duties (I'll be writing most of the flavor, and he'll be just sprucing it up).

The game is 100% complete, and it looks like it will be a really fun game, no mind-fuckery, and a few new mechanics that I think people will enjoy.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Yeah I know I wasn't the most specific, but I wanted to base it around people who have already claimed, and you've claimed September 1 for a while.

If Red Storm ended well before then (hah!) then I'd go ahead and run it if nothing else was going on (I don't think it'd last that long) but if not I'll wait.

I'll have strict deadlines (at least at the start) because I don't want it to drag on. It's supposed to be silly and fun. For those that know nothing about it, it's going to be all non-vanilla and involve post restrictions. Maybe this game can bring the fun back to mafia. That's my hope at least.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I'm currently working on the setup for a mini, based off of Doom (the game). I'm trying to come up with some interesting mechanics, as what I have so far is it is nightless, and days aren't a traditional lynch. It isn't something to be run soon, I'm looking at October/November ish.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
If someone can tell me how to run this by a mod, I might try to make prizes in The Knife mini mafia to celebrate my triumphant return from russia. Not like forum upgrades, but probably something from the place I work.

(Yes they have a terrible website and "edgy" t-shirts)

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I've always considered the possibility of having "prizes" in a game, more incentive to play well and what not. But people cheat :argh:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Piuro posted:

If someone can tell me how to run this by a mod, I might try to make prizes in The Knife mini mafia to celebrate my triumphant return from russia. Not like forum upgrades, but probably something from the place I work.

(Yes they have a terrible website and "edgy" t-shirts)

Somebody should be shot for this.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Friends and Neighbors Mafia is open and recruiting! 13 Players total!

edit: signups closed, game is afoot!

Tom Tucker fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 14, 2008

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I'm going to run a barebones IRC game at around 7 est on Wednesday, for as many people who will show up. It features some interesting mechanics, it'll be fun.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I'll be running WIFOA III (tentatively titled "gently caress Balance, its Power Role Time") in the next couple of weeks.

13-15 players, open setup, very similar to the previous two games, just with much more powerful roles (and much less chance of being fairly balanced, so be warned).

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Seedy Mansion is going to be all pre-signups now. I want an active game and won't launch it until I have 13 players that I know will be active. Right now I have 4 so sign up!!!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

The Ninth Layer posted:

Seedy Mansion is going to be all pre-signups now. I want an active game and won't launch it until I have 13 players that I know will be active. Right now I have 4 so sign up!!!

May I?

Meshakhad
Jun 11, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

First time SA mafia, but played mafia elsewhere (not mafiascum).

Sign me up.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Voodoofly posted:

I'll be running WIFOA III (tentatively titled "gently caress Balance, its Power Role Time") in the next couple of weeks.

13-15 players, open setup, very similar to the previous two games, just with much more powerful roles (and much less chance of being fairly balanced, so be warned).

Wait like a month so I'm back from Russia you cock, I reserved a spot in 2 and you forgot it and filled up the game. :(

Also, I'll vouch for Meshakahd.

goatrevolt
May 23, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'd like to sign up. I've been pretty active in the few games I've played here.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've got all three of you signed up!

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'll play, TNL.

Garbageman
Jun 6, 2004

Here I come! Too-Too-Toodlin' along!

I'll play in your game, TNL.

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

Human Body Mini-Mafia has ended in a Cancer (cult) victory!

Explanations for the craziness are also posted.

EDIT:

quote:

EccoRaven: death miller masons how fun
EccoRaven: do they have superpowers?
that guy at nyu: the superpower to flip scum
EccoRaven: hooray!

sc4rs fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 15, 2008

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Was the death miller a death miller

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
TNL, sign me up! Thanks :D

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Queuing up a new game I am working on with a friend, who wants to help me run it, I will be buying him an account when the time comes, but for now we are just reserving a spot.

21-30 people, haven't decided yet.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.
I am hoping to have American Pie ready to Launch in GBS today or tomorrow, the setup is ready we just need to get some role flavor written and we'll be good to go.

If you guys know any newbies that want to try a game out, send them our way!

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.
The GBS Game is now Open for Signups!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2908104

Remember, newbie only!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Wine in Front of All III: gently caress Balance, its Power Role Time! is accepting sign ups.

Same deal as last time, the mvps have confirmed spots, everyone else will be determined by RNG, so don't worry if more than 15 people have tried to sign up because it is NOT first come first serve.

A few opening words, including changes from previous versions.

- As this is the last WIFOA game I will mod for a while, this game is meant to be a fun conclusion. If you are looking for an excellent, tightly balanced game where logic and skill will control, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a game where 5 people might die during the night, for no sane reason, and everyone is looking for a good time, then this is your game. I'm serious - I don't expect this game to be that good for actual mafia play, but it should be fun as hell.
- Players will NOT know their alignment until after they select a role (WIFOA I style). Sure, the SK may pick a role that they can't use, but I don't think people will complain to find out they are an SK.
- 15 players, LOTS of powerful roles, and an SK. This game will probably not be balanced, deal with it.
- Read the role descriptions carefully. Some of them work a little different than you might think. For instance, the unlynchable guy will actually lynch someone else in his place. Busdriver can affect either the night, OR the next day (so they can busdrive the person who gets lynched).
- Masons are now a confirmed town alignment, rather than a role. This was mainly to help balance the game, as at least there are two confirmed townies.
- No Night 0. Way too many ways for people to die at night, so I wanted to make sure everyone could play.

CzarStark
Dec 23, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Farscape Mini-Mafia, for 12 players, is now accepting signups.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Around the middle of June, I said I'd have France 1789: Revolutions ready on or about July 14th (for obvious reasons). HOWEVER: I did not have a setup ready until around the 16th, and by then Firefly had started and Red Storm was still going.

THEREFORE: Assuming it doesn't bother any mods ahead of me (Ardent has been pestering me), I'm considering starting it by mid-August. By then the games will have gone down a bit, and Ardent said he wasn't planning on starting his until early September anyway.

The sign ups will happen the same way they did in the previous game; I will reserve ~21 slots for players I feel will best contribute to good social dynamics, and leave another ~5 for "interested parties."

It's sure to be a lot of fun. :)

ALSO: A long time ago I said I'd try and run a Wall-E Mini-Mafia. I was so focused on France that I never got to. :(
I might run it still, but don't hold your breath for it.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

EccoRaven posted:

Around the middle of June, I said I'd have France 1789: Revolutions ready on or about July 14th (for obvious reasons). HOWEVER: I did not have a setup ready until around the 16th, and by then Firefly had started and Red Storm was still going.

THEREFORE: Assuming it doesn't bother any mods ahead of me (Ardent has been pestering me), I'm considering starting it by mid-August. By then the games will have gone down a bit, and Ardent said he wasn't planning on starting his until early September anyway.

The sign ups will happen the same way they did in the previous game; I will reserve ~21 slots for players I feel will best contribute to good social dynamics, and leave another ~5 for "interested parties."

It's sure to be a lot of fun. :)

ALSO: A long time ago I said I'd try and run a Wall-E Mini-Mafia. I was so focused on France that I never got to. :(
I might run it still, but don't hold your breath for it.

RE4 Mafia should be done within the next week, if you were waiting for a big game to end.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Squiggly posted:

RE4 Mafia should be done within the next week, if you were waiting for a big game to end.

I'm going on vacation this week and am casually busy from early August to mid-August. :ssh:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I've been saying I'm going to start Earthbound on Sept. 1st. I'll be opening a thread for signups around the 21st of August. I'll basically be doing what Gronde did with Red Storm, using a RNG to pick who plays.

It's 31 players.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Khris Kruel posted:

I request that you remove Mafia 40 from the completed games list...just leave it game 39 and game 41 and if anyone asks just stare off into the distance.

You created that abomination, now you have to live with it.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Bad news bears, Seedy Mansion is unforunately being postponed for a bit. I'm going out of town to a wedding reception for my cousin and will probably be gone for a few days. Once I get back it'll launch. I've still got spots so feel free to PM me for one!

If you still have room I'm feeling like jumping back into playing and really liked the set up of your first one.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS MAFIA

Coming to #mafia middle of August sometime. Should be fun. PM me if you're interested, so I can get a feel for numbers, but the setup so far is awesome.

Doom 2.0 will probably be a forum game, semi-open setup methinks, with new roles and retooled night actions! If you liked the IRC game, then you'll love the mini. Again, PM/post in the interest thread if interested. 13 players. (I'll save you a spot Ardent if you want it.)

Also I swear Worms will end Tuesday :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

Squiggly posted:

Is there anyone who is set to take up this slot that will be vacated? If not, MtG is ready to go and (if I'm not mistaken) is the next game on the queue after Firefly, France, Earthbound, and Ardent's game, all of which are scheduled for later than next week.

EDIT: Oh, also VOTE1 is ahead of me. Lots of games that are ready! :)

• Locked thread