Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weapey
Jun 11, 2003

stomp stomp stomp

Dbeatles34 posted:

I'm down for Eden and SSHD, anything worth picking up really since I only have Everyday Shooter. Speaking of $5 games, how would the rest of you feel about Pain and Monsters since they're on sale right now?

I already have SSHD and Monsters on my main acccount, so I'm good for them. Eden definitely though, and Wipeout whenever that gets released. I'm happy to chip in for Pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Regarding the Siren + 1942 + Eden + Bionic Commando group:

Aardark posted:

Shmoogy
Yodzilla
Tenacious Dan
Aardark
Dominic White

If for whatever reason Yodzilla isn't on board (although I have a hunch he will be once he gets back from wherever) I'll pay his share as well. It'd still be a pretty major discount.

Edit: Me dumb. We've got the whole set on board now for future PSN releases, starting with Eden and BC: Rearmed. Groovy.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 28, 2008

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Dominic White posted:

Regarding the Siren + 1942 + Eden + Bionic Commando group:

If for whatever reason Yodzilla isn't on board (although I have a hunch he will be once he gets back from wherever) I'll pay his share as well. It'd still be a pretty major discount.

I posted on the last page. :saddowns:

I didn't see the Bionic Commando thing. That basically answers the question "what else can we get at the same time" though. Yeah I'm down for it. Is there anything else anyone wants in the mean time? Am I going to be handling the money collection and purchasing again?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

I posted on the last page. :saddowns:

Me am not pay attention :downs:

As for possible other stuff.. I'd be up for the Blast Factor all-in-one pack. Maybe the Pixeljunk Monsters expansion (I've already got the base game) if anyone in the group wants to split the price on either of those.

Those are just potentials though. Any other ideas?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I've got both of those but if the rest of you want to split them that's OK. Is there anything that no one in our group has that they might be interested in for real cheap? Something like Elefunk or PixelJunk Racers or High Velocity Bowling or Super Puzzle Fighter?

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

I've got both of those but if the rest of you want to split them that's OK. Is there anything that no one in our group has that they might be interested in for real cheap? Something like Elefunk or PixelJunk Racers or High Velocity Bowling or Super Puzzle Fighter?

I'm actually set for a while, probably until Fat Princess comes out.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

I've already got Elefunk, and I'm not too interested in the others. Guess we're waiting on finding out what the other three want, if anything.

Is there a proper release schedule for this stuff anywhere online?

Tenacious Dan
Feb 21, 2006

Skol!
I'd be down for getting whatever probably. I already have Elephunk, SSHD + solo, Monsters (no expansion) and Calling all Cars. I'm not really interested in Tekken though.

Like I said before though, most of the upcoming games I'll probably get if we're looking at just 20% of the full price.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Tenacious Dan posted:

Like I said before though, most of the upcoming games I'll probably get if we're looking at just 20% of the full price.

Yeah, this group seems best for doing that - getting new stuff on launch day at 1/5 price.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Dominic White posted:

Yeah, this group seems best for doing that - getting new stuff on launch day at 1/5 price.

Yeah we probably aren't looking at buying anything else in this group until Fat Princess or something new and flashy comes out.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
Guys I don't really "get" Siren so far. You start in a pitchblack shack and it says "run to the house". What house? I ran a random direction and hit an invisible wall.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Myrddin Emrys posted:

Guys I don't really "get" Siren so far. You start in a pitchblack shack and it says "run to the house". What house? I ran a random direction and hit an invisible wall.

I got stuck there too. On the road, there is a very hard to see path. There is a small light that you follow. It's not on the side where the police car is, it's like halfway between the shed and the pit of darkness.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Myrddin Emrys posted:

If you are ever lost in the game, hit select to bring up the area map. It's very helpful if you have no sense of direction (like me).

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

MasterOSkillio posted:

the last slot is *CLOSED* Tortolia got it

1. MasterOSkillio
2. kri kri
3. UnL337
4. secx
5. Tortolia

Can we use this group to purchase Eden? If you dont want it Master we could find someone else I think.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
Thanks guys I'll try both of those things tonight. At first I thought "I heard this was a stealth game or something" so I stayed in the shack in the dark and heard the cop saying "Where are you? Come out where I can see you" and things like that, which pretty much freaked me out. I expected him to leave or something, since there was no obvious place to go.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

kri kri posted:

Can we use this group to purchase Eden? If you dont want it Master we could find someone else I think.

I'm fine with tossing in a few bucks for Eden this week assuming everyone else is up for it.

Edit: If there's other games people in the group are interested in we can discuss that too. I've got a lot of the smaller PSN games but I'm flexible about it.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 28, 2008

SpeedRazor
Feb 5, 2005

cloudnine posted:

Okay, so a tentative Siren/Eden Group:

1) cloudnine
2) life of lemons
3) ???
4) ???
5) Profit (???)

I'd like to get in on this group too if there's still space.

EDIT: I just got my PS3 a month ago and since I got it I have trouble with my system where I have to hard power it off and back on a few times before it starts recognizing discs. During the times where it doesn't recognize a disc in the system if I try to launch a HD based game like Warhawk, the system just freezes. I realize I'm going to need to call up Sony this week and get a repair order in, but if they just replace the system instead of fixing it, is that going to mess up games that I'm doing this with or should I be able to just download them again?

SpeedRazor fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 28, 2008

cloudnine
Jul 13, 2007

by Peatpot

SpeedRazor posted:

I'd like to get in on this group too if there's still space.

1) cloudnine
2) life of lemons
3) bobson
4) SpeedRazor
5) ???

One more, folks.

Rhazjk
Jan 4, 2007

cloudnine posted:

1) cloudnine
2) life of lemons
3) bobson
4) SpeedRazor
5) ???

One more, folks.

I'd be interested in Siren/Eden. Also, I'm fine with adding a few other games, since it gets so much cheaper and easier to justify when working with 5 people.

cloudnine
Jul 13, 2007

by Peatpot

Rhazjk posted:

I'd be interested in Siren/Eden. Also, I'm fine with adding a few other games, since it gets so much cheaper and easier to justify when working with 5 people.

Sweet.

So who wants to do the account setting-up?

1) cloudnine
2) life of lemons
3) bobson
4) SpeedRazor
5) Rhazjk

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

cloudnine posted:

Sweet.

1) cloudnine
2) life of lemons
3) bobson
4) SpeedRazor
5) Rhazjk

Dammit! Just missed!

Anyone looking for a Siren/whatever the hell else people want to throw in, as long as it adds up to less than Siren?

Was going to pay full for the game, but thought I could probably get some other swag with it.

excellentcoffee
Nov 1, 2007

Phantom
Okay, I'm just going to go ahead and start a Siren group. 8.50 is the asking price if I remember correctly, correct me if I'm wrong. Open slots are;

1. excellentcoffee
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???

E-mail me at mrjoshandjim@yahoo.com and I'll give you my PayPal address and so on there, then add you to the list after the payment is received.

I'm going to start a Tekken: DR + Online Expansion after this one.

excellentcoffee fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 28, 2008

life of lemons
Sep 7, 2005

I steal stuff all the time.

cloudnine posted:

Sweet.

1) cloudnine
2) life of lemons
3) bobson
4) SpeedRazor
5) Rhazjk

Preferably someone who is from America in this group could set it up. Both me and bobson are from overseas, and stuff is generally more expensive in our PSN store (Aus/NZ).
PM or email me and I can paypal payment.

SpeedRazor
Feb 5, 2005

life of lemons posted:

Preferably someone who is from America in this group could set it up. Both me and bobson are from overseas, and stuff is generally more expensive in our PSN store (Aus/NZ).
PM or email me and I can paypal payment.

If no one else can set it up I will.

Rhazjk
Jan 4, 2007

SpeedRazor posted:

Sounds good to me.

Rhazjk fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 29, 2008

Trent-Easton
Nov 24, 2005

How fascinating it is to watch the machinations of one´s own mind play themselves out.
This looks like a great idea and I'll get on this as soon as I receive my PS3!

Though, one question : Can downloads also be shared this way? It would make Rock Band DLC way cheaper, or would give me access to much more songs without spending tons of money.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Trent-Easton posted:

Though, one question : Can downloads also be shared this way? It would make Rock Band DLC way cheaper, or would give me access to much more songs without spending tons of money.

Yup!

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

quote:

FukFallingDamage
Radnor
Megasabin
Vegastar

So are any of you guys in my group up for also going in on Eden, and possibly Bionic Commando when it comes out?

Otherwise I'm just getting them both on my own on my main account :colbert:

Edit: Also, I had a question about SSHD. I have the game and solo pack. Is it possible to use the co-op expansion through a share? Or does everything have to be on the same account?

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005
This thread is a great idea. Kudos

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Anyone interested in all the DLC for Rockband?

Trent-Easton
Nov 24, 2005

How fascinating it is to watch the machinations of one´s own mind play themselves out.

Shards of Fate posted:

I was originaly planing on placing 150$ on DLC I wanted, but if I can get every single song for a price under that... then holy crap!

Wikipedia tells me there are around 177 songs available so far for DLC, and that would cost us 88,50$ per person if we are a group of 4 (not counting the discounts when buying packs and albums). If we manage to get a group of 5, it would cost 70$.

Count me in, dammit. My PS3 is waiting at the post office so I should be ready soon.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Shards of Fate posted:

I am interested in Rockband DLC. I already have lots, but I can't share them because I got them from my real life friends accounts.

If you're buying song packs/albums/songs or whatever, please let me know as I may be interested. (What songs/packs/albums and how much to chip in)

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

TheArtist 314 posted:

So are any of you guys in my group up for also going in on Eden, and possibly Bionic Commando when it comes out?

Otherwise I'm just getting them both on my own on my main account :colbert:

Edit: Also, I had a question about SSHD. I have the game and solo pack. Is it possible to use the co-op expansion through a share? Or does everything have to be on the same account?

Still in for Eden, and probably in for commando, too.

cloudnine
Jul 13, 2007

by Peatpot

SpeedRazor posted:

Sounds good. I'm in Canada and poo poo is more expensive here anyway I think.

dop2k3 at msn.com is me.

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006

excellentcoffee posted:

Okay, I'm just going to go ahead and start a Siren group. 8.50 is the asking price if I remember correctly, correct me if I'm wrong. Open slots are;

1. excellentcoffee
2. justlikedunkirk
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???

E-mail me at mrjoshandjim@yahoo.com and I'll give you my PayPal address and so on there, then add you to the list after the payment is received.

I'm pretty much at the moment only interested in getting Siren, so I'll join this one. Hopefully it'll get 5 people. I just can't set up the master account though (and I'm gonna have to look into paypal since I deleted an old account).

justlikedunkirk fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 29, 2008

Rhazjk
Jan 4, 2007

cloudnine posted:

Sweet.

1) cloudnine
2) life of lemons
3) bobson
4) SpeedRazor
5) Rhazjk

Any interest in getting Bionic Commando: Rearmed also, when it comes out in supposedly 2 weeks? Should only be $2 more if we are interested in it.

excellentcoffee
Nov 1, 2007

Phantom
Heads up, I just got a free copy from a bud, so I won't be doing the Siren group. However I'm definitely down for a Tekken group.

AnotherBodak
Apr 3, 2006
I like to watch.

excellentcoffee posted:

1. excellentcoffee
2. AnotherBodak
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???

Adding myself to this list, will email you now, and wait for a few more names before I send off my cash.

Edit - Oh hey, I'm retarded. Look up, retard.

AnotherBodak fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 29, 2008

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Vegastar posted:

Still in for Eden, and probably in for commando, too.

Welp, so far it's just me and you buddy. What stuff do you have on your main account? Maybe we can just do a share between the two of us, instead of doing the whole group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?

Trent-Easton posted:

I was originaly planing on placing 150$ on DLC I wanted, but if I can get every single song for a price under that... then holy crap!

Wikipedia tells me there are around 177 songs available so far for DLC, and that would cost us 88,50$ per person if we are a group of 4 (not counting the discounts when buying packs and albums). If we manage to get a group of 5, it would cost 70$.

Count me in, dammit. My PS3 is waiting at the post office so I should be ready soon.

Cool, just let me know when you're ready and we'll try to form a perma-group for all the Rock Band DLC including future DLCs for Rock Band 1 & 2. I currently only have one 0.99cents dlc song. So yeah, sign up if you don't have any Rock Band DLCs and want all of them for 1/5 of the price.

Rock Band [All Downloadable Songs]
1. Shards of Fate
2. Trent-Easton
3. Shmoogy (maybe?)

• Locked thread