Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..
Sorry go back to listening to black metal, it's much better music anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

COCKISPOISON posted:

Saw Coke Bust, Pulling Teeth, Shipwreck & The Helm last night at Gilman, the show was awesome other than some stupid floorpunching. Mike Cheese from Gehenna showed and sang a song with Pulling Teeth and the room went nuts.

Argh, show jealousy, I want to see shipwreck. PT and Coke Bust rock, Gehenna is semi earth shattering.

I'm psyching myself up for a trip to Seattle and Vancouver, I get to see Annihilation Time twice in a row in Seattle and I'm going to Distort Vancouver with Hellshock, Inepsy, Red Dons, Desolation, Toxic Holocaust, Endless Blockade, Aghast, Estranged, Iron Lung, Acid Reflux, Limb from Limb, Spectres, OSK, Massgrave, Hard Charger, Mudlark! That and lots of vegan donuts.

Please watch out for the "Weekend Nachos" tour right now though, their roadie is a registered Indiana sex offender.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Not an Anthem posted:

Please watch out for the "Weekend Nachos" tour right now though, their roadie is a registered Indiana sex offender.

What do you mean by this?

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

punxnbutter posted:

I got my hands on this and it's waaaay up there for the year. Anything Paddy touches (or in this case used to be close to) is gold. Now if only D4 would put out a new record too

Yeah Paddy and co need to get off their asses. I appreciate the Off With Their Heads album, as it's loving incredible, but it's no Dillinger Four. Of course, nothing is. Dillinger Four is the best band.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Not an Anthem posted:

This rules. So much. They are going to be in Phoenix on Thursday and I really hope i can make it! Summer school sucks.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all

Iron Lung posted:

This rules. So much. They are going to be in Phoenix on Thursday and I really hope i can make it! Summer school sucks.

sex offenders rule??

WN is good stuff but that's just weird. I'm guessing it's some stat rape charge and not true pedo garbage. otherwise gently caress that

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

I can't imagine John/Weekend Nachos being down with someone who is a registered sex offender. He's about as PC as they come.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Gvaz posted:

I used to be a big fan (Spencer era, not Dallas era) but ever since their recent non-live cd, and I guess since I listened to They're Only Chasing Safety like 70 times I just grew out of it.

I swear the song sounds like one off Define the Great line, and when I first listened to that I thought I might be listening to some new Norma Jean.

I can't believe I wasted time on them for them to come up and down so fast.

What I am surprised by is how brutal their pre-Chasing Safety stuff is. It's like an entirely different band.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

punxnbutter posted:

I'm guessing it's some stat rape charge and not true pedo garbage. otherwise gently caress that
Interesting response, one I didn't anticipate. Statutory rape is morally higher ground than pedophilia? The latter includes in many states people in longstanding relationships not even engaging in actual sex when only a few years apart.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

I can't imagine John/Weekend Nachos being down with someone who is a registered sex offender. He's about as PC as they come.
No, he's about as un-PC as they come, in a really innocent way. I love him to death. When I first met him he played my house with Get It Away and kept asking me where he can find a project girl, because he has problems getting girlfriends and he heard project girls are easy. He didn't know it referred to the projects aka public housing/HUD/section 8 etc. I love him, but he hangs out with some real retards (incl. me). He isn't aware of the problem with his roadie though.

Their roadie is wanted in Indiana.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Not an Anthem posted:

Interesting response, one I didn't anticipate. Statutory rape is morally higher ground than pedophilia? The latter includes in many states people in longstanding relationships not even engaging in actual sex when only a few years apart.

No, he's about as un-PC as they come, in a really innocent way. I love him to death. When I first met him he played my house with Get It Away and kept asking me where he can find a project girl, because he has problems getting girlfriends and he heard project girls are easy. He didn't know it referred to the projects aka public housing/HUD/section 8 etc. I love him, but he hangs out with some real retards (incl. me). He isn't aware of the problem with his roadie though.

How do you know this but he doesn't?

King Kolostomy
Nov 11, 2004

Does anyone have a link to that music video of that "hardcore" band of yo-boys/gangster wannabes. They're driving around in a Jeep doing drive-bys and the music is really cheesy and a bunch of people convene at the end for some giant hilarious mosh.

I know it's been linked here. I forgot the band name.

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
Saw the Gaslight Anthem on Saturday night.

A more sincere, talented, brilliant band there aint. What a great, great show.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Eight Is Legend posted:

What I am surprised by is how brutal their pre-Chasing Safety stuff is. It's like an entirely different band.

It is a different band, save the drummer. I still think "They're Only Chasing Safety" is a good album though. :dominic:

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Saw Mike Park/Shinobu/Sundowner and Andrew Jackson Jihad in a house a couple days ago. loving incredible energy the whole night. In the middle of AJJ's set, the lights blew and they just kept playing until their set was done. It was nuts.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Inspector_71 posted:

It is a different band, save the drummer. I still think "They're Only Chasing Safety" is a good album though. :dominic:

Oh, so the entire line-up was changed? Yeah, that would explain it. Since you liked what is arguably their poppiest album, did you also like The Almost?

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Not an Anthem posted:

Yea that does look bad now that I re-read how it was typed. Isn't stat used when some 18-19 gets down with a 16 yr old? That's still abusive in my book, but I was just thinking it was something like that and the band probably wouldn't know about it unless the guy talked about it on his own [/end that derail] reg offender is bad news no matter what since they probably did something really questionable to get charges to stick

Public Serpents = disappointment

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 28, 2008

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Eight Is Legend posted:

Oh, so the entire line-up was changed? Yeah, that would explain it. Since you liked what is arguably their poppiest album, did you also like The Almost?

I think "Define The Great Line" is more radio-friendly. But yeah, I have been known to enjoy The Almost, although I think only a few of their tracks are really any good.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

RunTo TheHills posted:

Saw Mike Park/Shinobu/Sundowner and Andrew Jackson Jihad in a house a couple days ago. loving incredible energy the whole night. In the middle of AJJ's set, the lights blew and they just kept playing until their set was done. It was nuts.

Sup, bud. Show was in-loving-credible. Who says you need electric guitars for kicking rear end and taking names?

Xenu
Apr 28, 2004

Discharge is playing soon over here, anyone know if they're still worth seeing with Rat from The Varukers fronting them now?

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Xenu posted:

Discharge is playing soon over here, anyone know if they're still worth seeing with Rat from The Varukers fronting them now?

I'd say no. I was at their live show like 4 years ago in Phoenix but didnt see them play. I did however buy the CD with Rat singing and listened to it once. Never listened to it again. His voice is completely different than Cal's and to me it made them sound like a completely different band.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Xenu posted:

About as good as seeing the one man touring version of SSD starring Springa

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Man, I hate when bands I like play with LoC. I don't even dislike them so much, but the fans suck a lot.

But, I guess its worth it for Magrudergrind/Witchhunt/Mischief Brew

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Anyone listened to the bootlegs from the acoustic show Tom Gabel did at Emo's earlier this month? I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised, especially by "Anna is a loving Stool Pigeon". That song sounds like it could have been on the Acoustic EP. Let's hope this is a sign that they're going back to their roots and we don't have to worry about another "Stop" on the next album.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.
Right, what the gently caress was this Tompkins Square 20th Anniversary Gig?

quote:

20th Riot Anniversary Shows:

Sunday- July 27 12 noon: The SHADOW Presents:

Hammerbrain,

Reagan Youth,

Nihilistics,

False Prophets,

APPLE,

David Peel,

Professor Louie,

KRAUT

Black Flag reunion

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The new norma jean leaked.
It's pretty underwhelming :/
Sounds like thursday or something in places. Weird.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

A5H posted:

The new norma jean leaked.
It's pretty underwhelming :/
Sounds like thursday or something in places. Weird.

I love the songs they've had on their MySpace, but then again, I'm a big fan of their new direction.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

SubtleDagger posted:

New Killing the Dream is sick.

Picked up this along with the new Verse and Have Heart. Was a good day.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
gently caress. My plans for ClitFest totally loving fell through today. Looks like I won't make it :saddowns:

screwy
Apr 16, 2006

by elpintogrande
I just saw Weekend Nachos tonight...

Holy poo poo. It was in some guy's garage in Escondido and it was the most loving intense 10 minutes of my life (and, yes, I have had sex, thought his lasted longer). The crowd loving sucked but I was always either dropping to my knees while pounding my fists or moshing with John or singing along... What an incredible show. John is so nice, too! He admitted that they dropped by pretty much just for me because I'm an obsessive fan (I have a tattoo that says KILL EVERYONE IN DIMENSION X on my leg). They even opened with "Dimension X", which is my favourite song of theirs. They played mostly EP stuff too, a copy of which I picked up along with a badass t-shirt with their logo on the front and a live picture on the back with DEFEAT THE CHRISTIAN RIGHT written on it. What a great night.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white
I'm seeing Weekend Nachos tomorrow night, but I'm jealous that you got to see Marrow.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
gently caress Marrow is so good.

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
Yeah!!! Marrow is my boys from Tacoma! Check out the Helm (on tour now) or Greyskull 2000 (touring next month) or Owen Hart (touring in December.) They share members.

Tacoma is an awesome town!

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white

COCKISPOISON posted:

Yeah!!! Marrow is my boys from Tacoma! Check out the Helm (on tour now) or Greyskull 2000 (touring next month) or Owen Hart (touring in December.) They share members.

Tacoma is an awesome town!

Greyskull 2000 as in did a split with Graf Orlock Greyskull?

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

New Sloppy Seconds is really fun; long live junk rock

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Has anyone had a chance to check out the new EP from The Falcon? If so, is it any good?

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Dorepoll posted:

Has anyone had a chance to check out the new EP from The Falcon? If so, is it any good?

As in Brendan Kelly's band? I didn't know they were recording anything.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

Angiepants posted:

As in Brendan Kelly's band? I didn't know they were recording anything.

Yeah, I just did a quick search for it, and I can't find anything anywhere. You sure you're not thinking of the first EP they did? If so, you're right, that thing is incredible. Better than the full length even.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

gerfatty posted:

Yeah, I just did a quick search for it, and I can't find anything anywhere. You sure you're not thinking of the first EP they did? If so, you're right, that thing is incredible. Better than the full length even.

Their website says that they released a self titled EP last week. It's on the US Amazon and iTunes store. Which sucks for me because I am in Australia.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

Dorepoll posted:

Their website says that they released a self titled EP last week. It's on the US Amazon and iTunes store. Which sucks for me because I am in Australia.

I just looked at those places. There's a band called Falcon. Not The Falcon. And they released a new EP. That's not very good. Yeeaaaah...

My hopes were all up...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
2 new songs from the Narrows album popped up and they're loving awesome. Dave is loving awesome.

It kind of reminds me of Botch meets Majority Rule or something.