Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
I've just had a major reshuffle of all my PC and related stuff, as the messy cabling was really starting to annoy me. As it turns out, it's only slightly more tidy now than it was previously. I need a cable management solution. :(

Post pictures of your set up, with labels, so we know what we're looking at!

This is not an e-penis thread, so don't start telling us about your PC specs unless you have multiple PC's and need to explain their purpose.

Mods, if you want this in PYF or something please let me know, but I think the kind of response I'm after would be better here.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Excuse the phone pic quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

From a month or so ago

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

ColdPie posted:

From a month or so ago

I'm not sure what's worse, having diabetes or using an ergonomic keyboard.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH

For America.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Not shown: desktop PC, Sennheisers, Casio FX-83WA

Melting Eggs
Jul 17, 2006

Quis custodiet custodes ipsos?
Home sweet home.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
To contribute:

That bag all the way to the right is filled with Model M keyboard keys. I got bored one day.

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

ColdPie posted:

From a month or so ago

Hey, it's a check-fraud person. Anyone else worried about the giant STACK of checkbook boxes in the corner by the unused towers?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

poemdexter posted:

I'm not sure what's worse, having diabetes or using an ergonomic keyboard.

Diabetes, for sure.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

Arsten posted:

Hey, it's a check-fraud person. Anyone else worried about the giant STACK of checkbook boxes in the corner by the unused towers?

I'm more frightened by the two AOL 5.0 discs on the left (700 hours free! WOW!).

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Arsten posted:

I saw the lancets and glucose tabs and worried about diabetes.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

c0burn posted:

I've just had a major reshuffle of all my PC and related stuff, as the messy cabling was really starting to annoy me. As it turns out, it's only slightly more tidy now than it was previously. I need a cable management solution. :(

Post pictures of your set up, with labels, so we know what we're looking at!

This is not an e-penis thread, so don't start telling us about your PC specs unless you have multiple PC's and need to explain their purpose.

Mods, if you want this in PYF or something please let me know, but I think the kind of response I'm after would be better here.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Excuse the phone pic quality.

I'm surprised you don't have any despicable Liverpool swag on your desktop.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
edit: Ignore me I'm stupid

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Melting Eggs posted:

Home sweet home.

What kind of keyboard is that?

edit : n/m its an Apple bluetooth wireless

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB167LL/A?fnode=home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/mice_keyboards&mco=MTk2Mjg

does any one know if it would work on a PC?

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 4, 2008

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Nicholas posted:

What kind of keyboard is that?

edit : n/m its an Apple bluetooth wireless

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB167LL/A?fnode=home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/mice_keyboards&mco=MTk2Mjg

does any one know if it would work on a PC?
The Genius at the Apple store I went to said it would work with XP but not with Vista.

z0r
Nov 28, 2007

by Fistgrrl
The Battlestation

z0r fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Aug 4, 2008

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Mr. Apollo posted:

The Genius at the Apple store I went to said it would work with XP but not with Vista.

The apple wireless keyboards work great in vista and xp. You just need to get a copy of the apple bootcamp software from leopard to make the volume buttons work.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Arsten posted:

Maybe he just writes a lot of checks...? :shobon:

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I love these types of threads!

the crap on top of my desk are paper models made for this thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2917908

The Fuzzy Hulk fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Aug 4, 2008

nobleclem
Apr 13, 2005
HOW MANY RED TITLES DO I HAVE TO HAND OUT BEFORE YOU PEOPLE LEARN TO STOP CLOSING THREADS IN SH/SC?

Nothing special. Used to have two of the long pieces of my desk.

swalk
Nov 20, 2004
bucka blaow

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Jury's still out on if this will stay in SH/SC, but I guess I'll play along for now.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 27, 2010

ScaryFast
Apr 16, 2003

Main computer on the top of the desk on the left, and my HTPC under the desk, which connects to my big screen which is out of frame to the right.

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show
Some times I wish for a nice pair of LCDs so I would have actual desk space.

Niko
Oct 22, 2005

Just recently moved to a new apartment and bought a new desk.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

Click for big
I am a messy person.

FigBug
Apr 27, 2002

Lemon Party - Lest we Forget

This picture is fairly old. My desk is now a lot messier and I have a Mackie TT24 Digital Mixer instead of the MCU, XT & C4 control surfaces.

gwon
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Duck says "NO!"

I built this desk with my own two hands only last week.

Rare Polar Bear
Sep 16, 2007

Definitely not a stupid panda
Hot Diggity, I love these threads! Some of you are rigged up real nice, too.
Anyway, my desk is long as hell, had to step back quite a bit:

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

I took a picture of my desk the day I started here. I've cleaned up a bit since then

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I hope you have a better chair now as well, for your back's sake.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

My room's really dim and my camera's too low on batteries to use the flash.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

I didn't feel like screwing up the picture with a shitload of arrows pointing to poo poo, but the only really non-obvious thing is that the red "Chinese Takeout" box turned out to be just the right size for coiled USB cables, and since I have too many of those that I have to swap out (with proprietary connectors, no less - thanks old Motorola phone!), it serves as fashionable yet practical storage. The rest should be more or less self-explanatory.

And yes, I am a huge anime/cartoon dork; if the wall scroll in the background and the transcode occurring on-screen weren't evidence enough, that's Dr. Girlfriend stuck to my monitor and there's a video game promo picture on my PDA.

O'riginal
Jul 6, 2004
no images allowed
Fun Shoe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwbrant/2731581595/ has cute little boxes drawn around some of the things, if you're interested.

O'riginal fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 4, 2008

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
So, it's not much...

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

A motley assortment of Lenovo Thinkpads, HP randomcrap desktops, and a Toshiba Portege R100.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

mdaddy
Jun 20, 2006

BrotherNumsey
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
x

BrotherNumsey fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

Why yes I like boats, what gives you that idea?