Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

ErikTheRed posted:

How are those Deck keyboards?

I like it a lot, don't "need" the glowy keys, but they are definitely a plus since they match my PC scheme. The construction of it is unsurpassed, everything seems like it was built to last to the next millennium, great quality. As far as feel goes, it's different than any other keyboard and very comfortable/quiet. One of my favorite features is the fact that the windows key is at the top right of the board.

basically, deck = awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Anaconda Rifle posted:

My six monitors are better than your six monitors.

Are those 20" or 24" monitors?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Anaconda Rifle posted:

So how big is the file when you press print screen?

Lian Li case on the left, 19" Hanns*G monitor in the middle, puppies up top, Ninja Turtles on the bottom, and the Xbox360+Dell laptop on the right.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

pik_d posted:

So how big is the file when you press print screen?

Almost positive that's more than one computer.

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!

Anaconda Rifle posted:

I have no need in the world for such a setup but I'll be damned if I don't want it!

christrot posted:

why do you have a side window and blue light

It's my "modification" made last night. I added a 120mm fan, the one I had kicking around was an LED fan. I'm thinking of cutting the lights as it is a little too bright.

Bucket Joneses posted:

Why does it matter?
but also this.

BiRD BoY fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 7, 2008

ediment
Aug 2, 2007

Don't chain me down with your manners!

Nothing special, but does the job.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
The computer is a barebones with a cheap case. Nothing fancy, but I like it. The desk came from Big Lots, and it was exactly what I wanted, too.

The computer is also the center of attention in my living area.

Ema Nymton fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 7, 2008

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

frumpykvetchbot posted:

That's a ridiculously cool setup.

A few years ago I made this mockup of how I wanted my setup when they get around to making reasonably sized and durable OLED flex panels:

Your idea actually achieves the effect with off the shelf kit, so I'm just going to have to clone it.

That looks way too curved. You want the focal point to be your head, not the keyboard.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Anaconda Rifle posted:

I would so do this if it didn't totally gently caress up cleartype. It's too bad they don't make monitors with the pixel's orientation rotated by 90 degrees. If you wanted to use the monitor in landscape mode for gaming or watching movies, the sub pixel orientation wouldnt affect the image quality.

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 18, 2015

christrot
Jul 30, 2008

BiRD BoY posted:

It's my "modification" made last night. I added a 120mm fan, the one I had kicking around was an LED fan. I'm thinking of cutting the lights as it is a little too bright.

but also this.

i like Spawn riding on top

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!

Nicholas posted:

I would so do this if it didn't totally gently caress up cleartype. It's too bad they don't make monitors with the pixel's orientation rotated by 90 degrees. If you wanted to use the monitor in landscape mode for gaming or watching movies, the sub pixel orientation wouldnt affect the image quality.

my desk:

Hey I have that KB!

Click here for the full 1280x853 image.

Left to right:
Phone, , sat nav, card reader, 24" H-IPS Monitor, keyboard, headphone stand, usb cable (!)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

My wife has that same keyboard, it really is very nice for the price.

Ikea Jerker desk with pretty much every addon they made - two extra shelves, the side CD holders, and a few extra swing shelves. Plus one they didn't make - I have the 2001FP's mounted up on wallmount brackets which are bolted to the verticals of the desk.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

My desk is very, very special and I love it. Also, milk crates.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

mrk posted:

Hey I have that KB!

gently caress yeah. :hfive:

Messy pic after just having moved all my poo poo upstairs, pre-cable-tidying and minus the 360.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Juriko posted:

My desk is very, very special and I love it. Also, milk crates.
Is that something Space2 made before they went under?

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Nicholas posted:

Where's the Vesa mount from? Do you find the monitor too far back on the desk?

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!

Philip J Fry posted:

Messy pic after just having moved all my poo poo upstairs, pre-cable-tidying and minus the 360.

Iblys
Sep 23, 2003

gay for iBag....i mean, disconnect and self-destruct one bullet at a time...

Philip J Fry posted:

I hate to be the guy who turns this thread down that particular path, but....

Wallpaper link please? :q:

Over The Road
Jan 6, 2006
Le singe est sur la branche
The façade:

The reality:

Trusty old Fujitsu Siemen AmiloD, hooked up to an even older Aiwa stereo through an ill conceived minidisc accessory that provides audio through USB.

The only desk that would fit in my room is a TV stand from ikea with legs bolted on, thus I have to have the mouse on a separate level to the laptop. The second monitor is a new addition, waiting on a male-male vga cable through the letterbox.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Iblys posted:

I hate to be the guy who turns this thread down that particular path, but....

Wallpaper link please? :q:

3200 x 1200: http://www.inuyasha-lives.info/pix/duals/Dual%20Neuron.jpg

Or just google 'dual neuron(s)' to find other resolutions... 3200 was the largest I could find.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
Fear my awesome cubicle at work lol :v:

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Cubicle dwellers, unite.

Not pictured: The right side of my desk which includes:

Star Wars toy
Foam Wind Turbine
Kleenex Box
Car Keys
And hanging on the wall, lots of useful GIS scipting stuff.

tabonkers
Apr 1, 2004
Made Man
This is the desk of the marketing director for architectural firm consisting of exactly 9 people total. (im the only one who didnt go to school for an architectural degree)

Not pictured:
To the right - dozens of marketing pamphlets and booklets (for reference)
Photoshop 7 bible (for reference)
desktop calender (still on july)
work inbox (for reference)

To the left - coworkers

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

MrMoo posted:

Where's the Vesa mount from? Do you find the monitor too far back on the desk?

I got the mount from dell a couple years ago. They still sell it

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0455578

I think thats the same price I got it for too. I don't find the monitor to be too far back but then again I really only use that computer for playing videogames.

The arm can swing out forward though, but because of the way it articulates, if I extended it all the way I'd either have to shift the mount over to be more centered on the desk or look at the screen at an angle. Does that make an sense?

It's a pretty decent mount. The only thing I'd fault it on is how the last portion of the arm, which is connected to the monitor doesn't lock into place. And thats the part that rotates between portrait and landscape. So if I knock my desk the entire thing begins to slump down at a weird angle.

Just for reference, its holding up a Dell 2005WP

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 8, 2008

Iblys
Sep 23, 2003

gay for iBag....i mean, disconnect and self-destruct one bullet at a time...

Philip J Fry posted:

3200 x 1200: http://www.inuyasha-lives.info/pix/duals/Dual%20Neuron.jpg

Or just google 'dual neuron(s)' to find other resolutions... 3200 was the largest I could find.

delslo
Sep 20, 2003

My desk at work. Sorry for the lovely iphone pictures, I don't have my camera today. I'm an IT guy at a large architectural firm.

Left to right: personal macbook Air SSD, Dell 24" hooked up to D820 (work computer). Coaster is a stack of 4 burned CDs superglued together.

This is my SMS imaging/test station. Complete with rear view mirror and XT tablet.

This was the sign that greeted me at my desk when I first got here. That was over 3 months ago and it's still here. Oh well

delslo fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 13, 2009

Weedle
May 31, 2006

delslo posted:

This was the sign that greeted me at my desk when I first got here. That was over 3 months ago and it's still here. Oh well

Whoever wrote that has nice handwriting :)

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

My desk at the campus computer store I work at. Some of you may ask, but rubbersoul, why do you need two monitors? Well I will tell you, the one on the right is hooked to my MacBook which doesn't suck, and the one on the left is an old display we had sitting around hooked up to a rev. A craptacular Mac Mini the bastard child of Steve Jobs and Jeff Goldblum that runs windows better than OS X, which now runs the Digg swarm screensaver and plays movies/makes invoices when I sell things.

Multiple monitors is key to doing not much work.

delslo
Sep 20, 2003

Rock Tumbler posted:

Whoever wrote that has nice handwriting :)
It's an architect thing... they all write that way. I think it's some sort of standard or they have to take classes in school for it. I'm not complaining, it does look good and it's easy to read.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

delslo posted:

It's an architect thing... they all write that way. I think it's some sort of standard or they have to take classes in school for it. I'm not complaining, it does look good and it's easy to read.

I should take one of those classes. My handwriting hasn't changed since I was about ten.

delslo
Sep 20, 2003

Rock Tumbler posted:

I should take one of those classes. My handwriting hasn't changed since I was about ten.
I can't even read my own handwriting unless I've written at 4 or 6 point "font". That's why I type everything, it's faster and more readable.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Rock Tumbler posted:

Yeah, all you need to take is a basic intro to drafting (non-cad) course. The first thing they teach you is how to write in the blocky architect-style font. I should start using it more often.

Oh yeah, even though I'm sure there isn't much interest, I am a GIS Analyst for a Land/Energy company and having dual monitors makes my job 50 times easier.

Destructo Gold
Sep 5, 2006
destructo of the gold variety
Wow, you guys have some awesome setups, and I thought mine was alright.

What necessitates six monitors?

One Linux box for Oracle database and application server, one for development, games etc. Exciting stuff.

Destructo Gold fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 8, 2008

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Messy cables are mostly hidden by the chair.

illamint
Jun 26, 2005

According to The Oxford English Dictionary, the word "snapshot" was originally a hunting term.
This is my temporary setup before I go back to school:

It's kinda funny, now that I have my Macbook Pro, the PC on the bottom there isn't even hooked up to anything. I need to find a use for it.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Caged posted:

Is that something Space2 made before they went under?

No, I made it. I just took an old printer cart cabinet I liked, drilled bolt holes and added a finished desktop to it and a vesa arm mount. I used to have this massive desk that I just ended up using to stack crap and wanted something easier to move. The wiring and the UPS is mounted inside of the cabinet.

Snaggletooth
Mar 15, 2002
Yes, those are rabbit-ears on top of the tv.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get a loving duster

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Click here for the full 1152x1536 image.

I need to upgrade to an actual sound 'system' and get rid of the $35 Creative speakers I have now. Not a bad system though, thanks to NewEgg!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
Why is your keyboard wrapping around the ouside?