Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
I'm drawing a blank on a alt-rock from the late 80's, early 90's, british band, kinda sounds like JAMC. Chorus of the song has the lyric 'and I'm way down and out, i'm way down and out' or something. Google gives me no joy for those lyrics so maybe I'm hearing them wrong. It was on the radio a lot when I was in high-school (89-93)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starksfergie
Jul 24, 2007

I'm just content to relax and drown within myself
how about World Party's Way Down Now from 1990 (methinks)

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

It's been more than a year and nobody reads the first page anymore:

i've posted this before but never got an answer.

I heard this song on the radio sometime around 2000-2001. It had a punk poppish kind of sound. Think Nerf Herder or blink 182 or something along those lines. I know it had some lines about watching Party of five and hating Scott Wolf.

I know it's not much to go on, but i don't know who sang this song or what it was called. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Saint Jimmy posted:

It's been more than a year and nobody reads the first page anymore:

i've posted this before but never got an answer.

I heard this song on the radio sometime around 2000-2001. It had a punk poppish kind of sound. Think Nerf Herder or blink 182 or something along those lines. I know it had some lines about watching Party of five and hating Scott Wolf.

I know it's not much to go on, but i don't know who sang this song or what it was called. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Bloodhound Gang - Mope?
That was from 2000 and had the line "Buggin out like Tori Spelling's eyes, deader than the parents on Party of Five".

Atma McCuddles
Sep 2, 2007

EDIT: Someone found it for me.

Atma McCuddles fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 7, 2008

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

I heard a song on an advert on the UK TV station Five for their fiveUS movies thing they show and I've searched and searched for what it was but I only seem to get results for a similar but different ad they ran (one with the music from the sin city movie in it). The only lyrics I can really remember were something along the lines of 'these are the things we......come on' and it had a bit of a Gary Numan sound to it.
I realise I'm pretty much clutching at straws here but hey if anyone knows what I'm on about I'd love to know what the song is called.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Wurzag posted:

I heard a song on an advert on the UK TV station Five for their fiveUS movies thing they show and I've searched and searched for what it was but I only seem to get results for a similar but different ad they ran (one with the music from the sin city movie in it). The only lyrics I can really remember were something along the lines of 'these are the things we......come on' and it had a bit of a Gary Numan sound to it.
I realise I'm pretty much clutching at straws here but hey if anyone knows what I'm on about I'd love to know what the song is called.

I'm unfamiliar with Gary Numan beyond "Cars" but if it's possible that the lyrics are "these are the things we can live without, come on, I'm talking to you" that song is "Shout" by Tears for Fears.

Of course, I live in the States so I have little to no opportunity to watch Channel Five ads.

gregarious Ted
Jun 6, 2005
Head a song on triple j, and I just put "Stella" in my phone to remind me to check it out. Can't really remember what it was about, but I think it was some Streets-esque song. Either English or Australian.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

gregarious Ted posted:

Head a song on triple j, and I just put "Stella" in my phone to remind me to check it out. Can't really remember what it was about, but I think it was some Streets-esque song. Either English or Australian.

Jamie T - Sheila
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlhCJaAU44U

gregarious Ted
Jun 6, 2005

Steve Holt! posted:

Jamie T - Sheila
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlhCJaAU44U

Thanks lad. It's funny, I searched for heaps of variations of Stella and actually did come across this lyric, but didn't listen to it because the link was down. :doh:

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

ironydeficient posted:

I'm unfamiliar with Gary Numan beyond "Cars" but if it's possible that the lyrics are "these are the things we can live without, come on, I'm talking to you" that song is "Shout" by Tears for Fears.

Of course, I live in the States so I have little to no opportunity to watch Channel Five ads.

Thats the one, thanks :)

Bensa
Aug 21, 2007

Loyal 'til the end.
I pulled this sound from a flash, searching for the filename reveals nothing and can't exactly discern the lyrics but I like the sample.

http://koti.welho.com/pwalchli/audio/sound1.mp3

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

starksfergie posted:

how about World Party's Way Down Now from 1990 (methinks)

that's exactly it, thanks.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I think it's an eighties pop song and it's really popular, everyone knows the tune. I can't remember any words but I know the main tune goes something like A E D C B G (pause) G B C B G

Abortion is Murder
Apr 4, 2005

ATTN any lurkers reading this: buy/make me a good avatar and ill adopt you probably

Abortion is Murder posted:

Got a handful of these

First is one where the hook is like "you gonna call me your daddy" and it's a very jazzy, almost r & b esque rap song. I think, but I'm not sure, it's by the Mob Figaz or a similar Bay Area rap group (altough I've searched practically every song made by Mob Figaz and none of them seem like the one I'm looking for)

Another one is a guy rapping about tequila, which he refers to as "that drat ta-kill-ya" a few times.

Last is one from the mid-90's that starts out (this is spoken, not rapped) "Uhhhhnnnn, remember me, I'm going to take you back" and the only other thing I remember is the artist referencing "chocolate thighs" at some point

That's not it. The rapper in the intro is really deep voiced, like Big Pun, although I don't think it's him. Thanks for helping though

Trying again on a new page. This has to ring a bell for someone right?

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
OK, this has been plaguing me for loving ages. I was relaxing at home with a friend watching random music videos on VH1 when this one song came on, a song I knew but hadn't seen the video for. Now, I'm really only looking for the video but without knowing the song, that's impossible.. The video was about three young people - two guys, one girl - who take a roadtrip and go just drive around and hang out. The song should be from the 90s or something, probably not much in the way of lyrics - if there are they'll be repetative.

I'm sorry, that's all I have to go by. :( It was maybe.. electro-pop-ish?

edit:
The band may be French! Also, my friend thinks the two guys in the video MAY be a part of the band itself, which is apparently a duo. This is all according to him so I don't know if it's correct, but it's something else to go by.

Opal fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Aug 9, 2008

gman5959
May 17, 2008

I think she's a honey. Look at those jugs.

Mirick posted:

OK, this has been plaguing me for loving ages. I was relaxing at home with a friend watching random music videos on VH1 when this one song came on, a song I knew but hadn't seen the video for. Now, I'm really only looking for the video but without knowing the song, that's impossible.. The video was about three young people - two guys, one girl - who take a roadtrip and go just drive around and hang out. The song should be from the 90s or something, probably not much in the way of lyrics - if there are they'll be repetative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrivjzw0RlI

Edit: I doubt that this is it. when I first read this I thought it was for sure but looking at it now, I was wrong. Sorry but this is a good one if you just like road trip style videos.

gman5959 fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 9, 2008

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Aw, sorry that isn't it, but thanks for trying. :)

Soviet Stranger
May 5, 2008
LENIN PREDICTED THIS POST ->
Heard this song whilst in the hill street blues coffee shop in Amsterdam, it seemed to be in a european language maybe scandinavian but also the people who were singing it seemd to have fake mexican accents and if i found it i would be a happy man.

It basically was a bit like regee mixed with drum and base and every now and then this group of people would shout in what sounded like a mexican voice something which sounded like "OAD A TOMATO" it was very strange after saying this they would all laugh in a way that could be described as happily and heartily.

Anyway it got weider and eventually after that song a rock song came on, thinking it was a different song we stopped paying attention but about 4 or so min in the song stopped and then the peopel came back and shouted "OAD A TOMATO" and then they kept laughing and shouting it as the song trailed out on a rock ebat.

If you can find this song, then your a god among the music world, truly.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Mirick posted:

edit:
The band may be French! Also, my friend thinks the two guys in the video MAY be a part of the band itself, which is apparently a duo. This is all according to him so I don't know if it's correct, but it's something else to go by.

This is 90's and has 2 Guys and a Girl in a car, and I could definitely see it on VH1... mebbe this is what you're looking for? Bass is Base - Funkmobile

Opal
May 10, 2005

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

This is 90's and has 2 Guys and a Girl in a car, and I could definitely see it on VH1... mebbe this is what you're looking for? Bass is Base - Funkmobile

Haha, no, that wasn't it at all. I might add that the people in the video don't sing the song themselves or anything, the camera just follows them around as they drive and chill out. And it may actually be early 2000s.

cherryonion
Apr 27, 2008
Just recently saw Pineapple Express and I'm wondering the name of the song that comes on during the scene where they're hitchhiking to Red's house. It comes on right when the camera cuts to them riding in the back of the dude's boat. All you can hear is this killer southern rock-ish riff and then it cuts out when the guy drives away.

Thanks for your help!

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Soviet Stranger posted:

Heard this song whilst in the hill street blues coffee shop in Amsterdam, it seemed to be in a european language maybe scandinavian but also the people who were singing it seemd to have fake mexican accents and if i found it i would be a happy man.

It basically was a bit like regee mixed with drum and base and every now and then this group of people would shout in what sounded like a mexican voice something which sounded like "OAD A TOMATO" it was very strange after saying this they would all laugh in a way that could be described as happily and heartily.

Anyway it got weider and eventually after that song a rock song came on, thinking it was a different song we stopped paying attention but about 4 or so min in the song stopped and then the peopel came back and shouted "OAD A TOMATO" and then they kept laughing and shouting it as the song trailed out on a rock ebat.

If you can find this song, then your a god among the music world, truly.
It's not scandinavian, but Voto Latino by Molotov sounds similar.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Do-aLB74g

Soviet Stranger
May 5, 2008
LENIN PREDICTED THIS POST ->

sund posted:

It's not scandinavian, but Voto Latino by Molotov sounds similar.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Do-aLB74g

nah aint it, cheers though :(

I think this song is a bit of a holy grail, its not that i had not ever heard it before i have never heard anything like it before either.

HighwayStar
May 9, 2005
Problems do have solutions, you know...

Bonus posted:

I think it's an eighties pop song and it's really popular, everyone knows the tune. I can't remember any words but I know the main tune goes something like A E D C B G (pause) G B C B G

Salt-N-Pepa - Push It

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Mirick posted:

edit:
OMC - How Bizarre?

Dance Move Burglar
Oct 2, 2005

by Ozma
You may also be thinking of "Da Da Da" by TRIO

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

If that doesn't work I submit Len - Steal My Sunshine

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
The only French electro-pop duo I can think of is Air, but none of their videos matches your description that well. Here's the Youtube channel for them anyway.

Cory Feldspar
May 14, 2006

birds of a feather flock to vagina
I heard a song at work on Pandora radio the other day, and since then, I cannot get it out of my head. I was listening to "The Black Keys" station, and when the song I am talking about came on. Its title was some sort of combination of the words Sex, Drugs, Money, and Murder, and not in that order and all the words are not necessarily even in the title. I can't even remember the artist. Sorry I can't give more info. It sounded sort of old, really washed out and if I remember correctly, had a lot of slide guitar. Any hints towards finding this song would be ultimately appreciated. Also any recommendations for similar songs would be nice too!

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
i think this one should be fairly easy for any french people...

i saw a music video on youtube a couple of months ago of this french hip hop artist (i guess its hip hop), hes a young white bald guy with a blue plaid shirt. he goes around his town with his crew of other white guys and has these goofy dance offs against random people around town. anyone know the song name or can link me to the youtube? thanks

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Omegaslast posted:

i think this one should be fairly easy for any french people...

i saw a music video on youtube a couple of months ago of this french hip hop artist (i guess its hip hop), hes a young white bald guy with a blue plaid shirt. he goes around his town with his crew of other white guys and has these goofy dance offs against random people around town. anyone know the song name or can link me to the youtube? thanks
Sounds like a vague description of M Pokora. Is this the guy you're talking about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86lYUBVv8hg

I doubt that's the video since there isn't much dancing, but he's a pretty prominant young bald French hip hop artist who often ports a blue plaid shirt.

Darth l33t
Jul 6, 2000
This may be a long shot, but I'm looking for a rather obscure chiptune.

When I got an original Sound Blaster back in the early 90s, it came with a demo for what must have been a MOD creator, although I didn't realize it at the time. It was my first exposure to chiptunes, and there's one track in particular I'd like to find. I'm no good at describing music, but it was kind of a haunting, downer sort of song. If it helps, here's another song from the same program:

http://ekaye.shackspace.com/VTUNE.MOD

Both the above track and the one I'm looking for were used in the MegaZeux game "Bernard the Bard"; the one I'm looking for was the background music for the "ice caves" level. Unfortunately, the versions of the game I found don't seem to have the track anymore.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Ivan Drago posted:

Sounds like a vague description of M Pokora. Is this the guy you're talking about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86lYUBVv8hg

I doubt that's the video since there isn't much dancing, but he's a pretty prominant young bald French hip hop artist who often ports a blue plaid shirt.

that looks a lot like him but thats video... is blue plaid shirt bald white guy a really common style in france or something? :psyduck: also the whole song was sung in french as well, otherwise i would probably just be able to remember a lyric from it.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Omegaslast posted:

that looks a lot like him but thats video... is blue plaid shirt bald white guy a really common style in france or something? :psyduck: also the whole song was sung in french as well, otherwise i would probably just be able to remember a lyric from it.
Yeah, I was certain that wasn't the video. M Pokora usually sings in French although I think he's crossed over lately into English to expand his image or something. I'm sure he has a wealth of videos for his French songs but none of the few I glanced at seemed to fit your description.

Pleroma
Aug 30, 2006

Very Green Things
This song has been driving me mad trying to find it for the past few days. I hope some goon can help me here.

Its fairly recent and played quite a bit on the radio between the end of last year and the start of this one. Its a rap/r&b (kinda reggae too) song and has a very trippy sound, thing is I don't remember any lyrics but it did go something that sounded like "Oh dilly dong, dilly dong..." several times during it. It had a LOT of gibberish sounding stuff that was very hard to make out but still sounded really cool and trippy. Oh and most of it was a male voice.

I know this description sucks but its the best I got.

Pleroma fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 12, 2008

VoodooSchmoodoo
Sep 15, 2007

What's that there, then? Oh.
I'm looking for a guy/girl duet. In the video she goes to visit him in prison and they sing at each other through the glass. I think it's a Brit band (I may be wrong) and the song is from a couple of years ago.

BSG
Jun 22, 2007

The Dwarf Knight
There's some screamed lyrics "I would surely die." I think it's a play off of old Susanna. The lyrics just before this are something like "And if you must go," but they might not be.

Edit: It was "The Pixies" - Hey

"if you go I will surely die"

BSG fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Aug 13, 2008

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Ivan Drago posted:

Yeah, I was certain that wasn't the video. M Pokora usually sings in French although I think he's crossed over lately into English to expand his image or something. I'm sure he has a wealth of videos for his French songs but none of the few I glanced at seemed to fit your description.

I just realized im only 90% sure this guys singing in french... but it sure seemed like it.

To give a better description of the vid, its a light hearted and it reminds me a lot of west side story with all the dances off his crew has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty_Spaces
Apr 11, 2005
I heard a song on my local rap/trance radio station the other day and have been wondering what it was. It was some kind of Irish sounding folk song (lots of accordion) remixed into a techno song. That's really about all I can give for details, I hope someone knows what I'm talking about because it sounded awesome.