Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Sindow posted:

Hey guys check out my 1997 DODGE NEON.
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/car/781127716.html

even if 40k is a gross overestimate of things invested, the poor dumbass :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

Sindow posted:

Hey guys check out my 1997 DODGE NEON.
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/car/781127716.html

How the gently caress do you invest double the value of a car into one? I mean loving honestly, for $40,000 invested into a Neon, you'd think he'd stuffed a turbo'd LS1 in there and converted it to AWD and replaced the entire interior with sealskin. Jesus.

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
May 7, 2008

Tom Collins posted:

How the gently caress do you invest double the value of a car into one? I mean loving honestly, for $40,000 invested into a Neon, you'd think he'd stuffed a turbo'd LS1 in there and converted it to AWD and replaced the entire interior with sealskin. Jesus.

For $40k, he'd better have replaced the interior with baby sealskin. :colbert:

Besides, if he spent so much money, why did he get mid-range quality audio equipment? If I invested that much in stupid mods and a nice stereo, I'd put a drat 20 channel Focal setup in there. Or some crazy tube-driven electrostatic speakers. This whole car is just :psyduck:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

schultzi posted:

For $40k, he'd better have replaced the interior with baby sealskin. :colbert:

Besides, if he spent so much money, why did he get mid-range quality audio equipment? If I invested that much in stupid mods and a nice stereo, I'd put a drat 20 channel Focal setup in there. Or some crazy tube-driven electrostatic speakers. This whole car is just :psyduck:

I think this has been discussed in AI before, but frequently when people have 'modified' cars, they're more proud of the fact that they spent a gently caress ton of money on it rather than the quality of the modification. I think it's to reassure themselves that it was an 'investment' of their time and money.

For $40,000, that car should have a lot less panel gap, a lot more horsepower, much better audio equipment, and none of those dumb headlight pods or tail lamps, and ACTUAL DISC BRAKES in the back.

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
May 7, 2008

Rear Admiral BOOYA posted:

:words: and ACTUAL DISC BRAKES in the back.

I didn't even notice that! He bothered to paint the drums, but not to upgrade to discs? I need to get into aftermarket part sales.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
Did anyone figure out why so few new ads are being posted? There are only 3 or 4 a day in Austin now. Stupid Craigslist, you are going to kill my favorite AI thread.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Tai-Pan posted:

Did anyone figure out why so few new ads are being posted? There are only 3 or 4 a day in Austin now. Stupid Craigslist, you are going to kill my favorite AI thread.

did you see the whole /car -> /cta thing?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I bet ten bucks the owner of the Neon is best buddies with our old friend SPEED AND CLASS.

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Huh huh huh huh huh! And you just said Hi! Hi! Hi! Heh heh heh! You sounded like ahh ha ha my niece! And she's six months old ha ha ha!

schultzi posted:

I didn't even notice that! He bothered to paint the drums, but not to upgrade to discs? I need to get into aftermarket part sales.

No kidding, I'm sure it would've been pretty easy to put SRT-4 disks in the back.

But afterall, brakes don't make you faster. :rolleyes:

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

kimbo305 posted:

did you see the whole /car -> /cta thing?

Yes, I read that. I am still seeing a fraction posted.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Tai-Pan posted:

Yes, I read that. I am still seeing a fraction posted.

maybe different regions haven't spread the word? Hits have rebounded over here to tempting levels :smithicide:

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

kimbo305 posted:

maybe different regions haven't spread the word? Hits have rebounded over here to tempting levels :smithicide:

Edit: Okay between now and the last time I checked, they must have fixed something. Piles of posts now.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
http://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/798023502.html

quote:

Honda Civic 5-Speed **38-44 MPG** - $3800 (Starke)
Reply to: sale-798023502@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-08-15, 1:03PM EDT

Great Little Car! Get 38-44MPG in this 1997 Honda Civic with only 129K miles. Drives great, sporty wheels, 5-Speed, V-Tech engine (Pre-cursor to the hybrid), clean interior, only some minor scratches on the paint, otherwise GREAT CONDITION! Call Today- Matt 386-965-4818

What?

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

With his logic, the power window motors are also precursors to the hybrid.

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Huh huh huh huh huh! And you just said Hi! Hi! Hi! Heh heh heh! You sounded like ahh ha ha my niece! And she's six months old ha ha ha!

madattheinternet posted:

With his logic, the power window motors are also precursors to the hybrid.

Smaller 15" wheels (a precursor to the hybrid)
R134a removed (a precursor to the hybrid)
Over-inflated tires (a precursor to the hybrid)
Manual transmission (a precursor to the hybrid)

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Someone's trying to con somebody, I think. (Actually, I should just assume that in all cases, all the time in this area...I've never seen so much petty greed as in Mohave county) I've got that same torque wrench, and IIRC, I paid 70 bucks for it. That's the price on Home Depot's site now, too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

VideoTapir posted:

Someone's trying to con somebody, I think. (Actually, I should just assume that in all cases, all the time in this area...I've never seen so much petty greed as in Mohave county) I've got that same torque wrench, and IIRC, I paid 70 bucks for it. That's the price on Home Depot's site now, too.

That, and I loving hate it when people make craigslist postings with the dollar amount in the title not actually even remotely close to the price they are selling it for.

If I'm doing a search for a car under $2000, and I see your link for an Escalade that says $5, but is actually being sold for $30000, do you really think I'm going to buy it?

NeerWas
Dec 13, 2004

Everyday I'm shufflin'.

NeerWas fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 9, 2023

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Yeah, that's why I usually put a minimum price in a search, AND I flag all postings I see like that as overposting. (Because seriously, gaming the search system is basically the same thing)

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

Actually saw this one in person at a car show last weekend.

Cop
Nov 14, 2007
http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/800032895.html

quote:

it needs work but does run/drive good,I just had it up to 120mph on Friday (well the speedo only goes to 100mph but it was buried!!)
Great. I'll buy it now!

quote:

NEEDS: driver door glass, both exterior door handles
Rims before door handles and windows. Nice.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I also love their mechanical diagnosis

quote:

starter (just starting acting up, maybe loose wire?)
If it's a loose wire than why did you fix it retard?

Almost as good as stuff like:

ENGINE STARTING TO TICK, BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S SERIOUS or SOMEONE MECHANICALLY INCLINED CAN FIX NO PROBLEM.

MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN!!!

slidebite fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 17, 2008

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pts/800345598.html

For the low, low price of $500, you too can run your car on Hydrogen!

PAYS FOR ITSELF IN FUEL COSTS, but don't ask me why I'm selling it!

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

CONVERTS PUBIC HAIRS TO GOLD!!

I like this part

EDIT: screenshot

tractorcrusher fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 17, 2008

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

tractorcrusher posted:

I like this part

Are the funnels used to pour the hydrogen into your gas tank?

Jones
Jan 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/801954248.html

ol steve is a pretty awesome ol dude.

Click here for the full 617x465 image.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

tractorcrusher posted:

I like this part

But, can it make me a perfect cup of coffee?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

TOTALLY NOT A SCAM

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

:psyduck:

The funnier bit is that he listed it as being "for sale - by dealer". No, I don't believe flipping shitboxes for meth money makes you a car dealer, guy.

I emailed him:

quote:

Dear Sir -

How did you arrive at "BOLNEVELLE" from "Bonneville"?

Signed,
Genuinely Curious

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 18, 2008

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

deviant. posted:

:psyduck:

The funnier bit is that he listed it as being "for sale - by dealer". No, I don't believe flipping shitboxes for meth money makes you a car dealer, guy.

I emailed him:

Maybe he meant for sale by drug dealer? :v:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

deviant. posted:

TOTALLY NOT A SCAM

Holy poo poo, is it just me or is Waffleimages slower than the second coming lateky?

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Can anybody make sense of this???

quote:

the only thing it needs is the ring for the tires only 2 runs good

What's a tire ring, like the woven steel belt on the inside of the tire?

NeerWas
Dec 13, 2004

Everyday I'm shufflin'.

NeerWas fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 9, 2023

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
http://sudbury.en.craigslist.ca/cto/799501794.html

1991 honda crx special edition - $10500 (sudbury)

ully customized moulded body kit, shaved door handles, shaved antenna and rear wiper, Full custom Professional blue pearl paint job, projector headlights, Altezza tail lights, Clear corner lights, LED turn signals, Custom low profile spoiler, 17" veloche luxury rims, Dunlop Fm901 tires, full front/back/side/side air ride suspension with 12 switch box, push button start, apexi exhaust system, LS-vtec engine with type-R cams,AEM adjustable cam gears, Chipped ECU, DC sports header, Adjustable FPR, MSD digital-6 ignition box with Launch Control, MSD Coil and Wires, Cold air intake, Short throw shifter, Push button start, blue adjustable racing seats, Alpine Type R 12" sub, Rockford amp, Jvd Head unit KD-SH707 with MP3. Many extras.. nitrous(no bottle), Air Pressure gauges in Pillar gauge pod. ($10,500 OBO)

helno fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 18, 2008

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
^^ I'm ashamed to admit I like that CRX. Sure the taillights are hideous and the wheels are a bit much, but I actually do like the body kit, and with those modifications it is probably a blast to drive. The price does seem a little steep though. I should pull out my camera next time I see a CRX driving around in this city, it will be much, much worse.

Oh, and the shaved door handles. Those are pretty lame.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

slidebite posted:

Holy poo poo, is it just me or is Waffleimages slower than the second coming lateky?

No, it seems to be on the rag today

sirr0bin
Aug 16, 2004
damn you! let the rabbits wear glasses!
http://winnipeg.en.craigslist.ca/cto/799040674.html

quote:

1991 Mazda 626 - $9989 (Wellington Crescent)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-799040674@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-08-16, 3:55AM CDT

Low milage (67,627)
Only driven by senior
Like new, mint codition
4 door, loaded
3 speed automatic,air, CD, cruise control, PW, PDL

I don't care how low the mileage is, a 1991 Mazda 626 is not worth $10,000.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

slidebite posted:

I also love their mechanical diagnosis

If it's a loose wire than why did you fix it retard?

Almost as good as stuff like:

ENGINE STARTING TO TICK, BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S SERIOUS or SOMEONE MECHANICALLY INCLINED CAN FIX NO PROBLEM.

MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN!!!

There are so many loving ads like that. I'm looking for an e30 or e36 bmw 325is, and it's ridiculous trying to find one. Half of the ads are "just needs xxx part, only 35 from the dealer". That's pretty much a huge warning sign to completely disregard the car if they haven't even done a "simple" fix.

sirr0bin posted:

http://winnipeg.en.craigslist.ca/cto/799040674.html

I don't care how low the mileage is, a 1991 Mazda 626 is not worth $10,000.

I don't know how it works in winnipeg, but out in nova scotia anything that old is worth 1000 if it has a new inspection, and about nothing more unless it's something special.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Edit: I'm an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump
Jan 19, 2006

tractorcrusher posted:

Can anybody make sense of this???

What's a tire ring, like the woven steel belt on the inside of the tire?
I guess to a complete fucktard a wheelnut might look a bit like a ring? Or perhaps he just means tyres. As in you have alloy tyres (yes I have heard somebody say that :psyduck: ) with the black ring round them.