Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

mrk posted:

Got some Kef IQ1 today!

KEF :cool:

When I find my phone cable I'll transfer my desktop photo, although I'm moving in about 5 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!
Kef indeed =]

Vastly Outnumbered
Dec 10, 2003

After taking this picture, I realized that there are not only some visible wires, but a speck of paper on my chair mat, and a piece of shredded paper on the floor next to the shredder. I don't know why I force myself to keep going on like this. It's just not worth it.

Coda A27
Nov 9, 2003

Section
Dispa

MrKnowitall posted:

I also have a MacBook Pro I prop up there and a second monitor (17in) sitting where the phone/HDD used to be (now on PC)

Nice speakers, what model are they?

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!
They come with the mini JVC hifi system you see on the left :p

Kyle0wnsyou
Aug 1, 2007

Boogie Nights

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

The middle drawer on the desk pulls out as a keyboard/mouse platform

Nothing special, but my poo poo is TIDY.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Kyle0wnsyou posted:

The middle drawer on the desk pulls out as a keyboard/mouse platform

Nothing special, but my poo poo is TIDY.

Am I the only one who uses their Laptop screen when connected to a different monitor?

Click here for the full 1167x876 image.

Just got the desk last week from ikea.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sorry for the blurry images, my camera sucks. Look at those cables! Living like poo poo. :(

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 20, 2008

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Vastly Outnumbered posted:

After taking this picture, I realized that there are not only some visible wires, but a speck of paper on my chair mat, and a piece of shredded paper on the floor next to the shredder. I don't know why I force myself to keep going on like this. It's just not worth it.

Are you entirely sure your printer is safe there? That poor plastic table looks like it's bowing pretty heavily under the stress.

CHEESE-kun
May 20, 2004

by Peatpot

i love my high ceiling

Thug Bonnet
Sep 22, 2004

anime tits ftw

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Sorry it's messy. Last month I sold all my stuff but 2 guitars, my computer and my camera then moved halfway across the world. I'm set up on the dining room table so I can keep working on music til I get my poo poo in order

mantaworks
May 6, 2005

by Fragmaster

Nine Inch Nailgunner posted:

i love my high ceiling

Clicky keyboard, dell monitor, ibm laptop, some assorted audiophile poo poo; your desk is surprisingly clean for being such a goon.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Nine Inch Nailgunner posted:

i love my high ceiling

Why aren't you using a Model M and why do you have such a small screen Oetker? Your PC Gaming cred is crumbling :colbert:

Nice clean setup though.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Gvaz posted:

Why aren't you using a Model M and why do you have such a small screen Oetker? Your PC Gaming cred is crumbling :colbert:

Nice clean setup though.

Actually that is a Model M

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

mantaworks posted:

Clicky keyboard, dell monitor, ibm laptop, some assorted audiophile poo poo; your desk is surprisingly clean for being such a goon.

God drat shut up

Evilkiksass
Jun 30, 2007
I am literally Bowbles IRL :(

DO A KEGSTAND BRAH

Somehow I feel that the only thing that you can see on my screen is "with your cock out" is a bit disconcerting.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Rock Tumbler posted:

Actually that is a Model M

Oh you're right, it looked like something else, sorry.

Vastly Outnumbered
Dec 10, 2003

Nam Taf posted:

Are you entirely sure your printer is safe there? That poor plastic table looks like it's bowing pretty heavily under the stress.

It's stronger than it looks. It does flex some with anything moderately heavy on it, but it's actually reinforced much better than you'd think at first glance.

do it
Jan 3, 2006

don't tell me words don't matter!
edit: pictures not working? hold on.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Vastly Outnumbered posted:

It's stronger than it looks. It does flex some with anything moderately heavy on it, but it's actually reinforced much better than you'd think at first glance.

If it's flexing, then it says to me it doesn't have much strength to it. Of course, it may not break under that flexing, but that's another matter entirely.

aaronp
Jul 7, 2002

My workspace is very messy :( My desk at my actual job is a lot cleaner.

aaronp fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 21, 2008

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol

I don't even know where to begin with all of these wires.

edit: Dale Earnhardt is strictly for ironic purposes, I promise.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
I'm really digging the bookshelf speakers some of you guys have. Do you have to plug them into a receiver or can you do direct plugin?

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Ashex posted:

I'm really digging the bookshelf speakers some of you guys have. Do you have to plug them into a receiver or can you do direct plugin?

Mine are an older version of these, and they're self powered.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

warwick5s posted:

Mine are an older version of these, and they're self powered.

Thanks for the link. I was already considering bookshelf speakers for my tv since I'm in a studio, I'm definitely going to read up on these.

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

Evilkiksass posted:

Somehow I feel that the only thing that you can see on my screen is "with your cock out" is a bit disconcerting.

well it also looks like you're setting up pfsense

excellent choice

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

It's a modified Canadian Tire desk with a wooden canopy to hold my stuff. Midrange Dell laptop, and the rig down in the corner is a modest gamer. Not much so far. The desk needs more work and I need real speakers.

warwick5s posted:

It's actually a Fellowes keyboard tray. The mouse tray is a little wobbly and I'm going to have to figure out some way to reinforce it, but overall it's pretty decent.

I'm surprised how everyone here just throws their keyboard on the desk. That's bad for you!

You know, you don't even need a proper keyboard "Tray".

Go to your local home depot and buy the following:

1 set 12 or 16" rails - this depends, 12" if you'll just be using the keyboard, 16" if you want to attach other poo poo on there.

4 x 3" or 4" L brackets (depends how low you want the tray)

4 x Countersunk headed bolts - I used 8-32, and your nuts of choice

10-14x 8-32 self tapping screws - to bolt the L brackets to your desk, and the wood of your tray to the rails.

Oh, and get some wood from the HD. If you're nice, they'll cut the $1 scrap boards. Total cost is <$15 for a tray that's as big or as small as you want.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

My tray is something like 28"x15"

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 21, 2008

KolosoK
Aug 20, 2008
My desktop:

The wallpaper displayed on the monitor is from the mmorpg EVE-Online.

KolosoK fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 21, 2008

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

KolosoK posted:

My desktop:

The wallpaper on the desktop is from the mmorpg EVE-Online.

I like how the desk has a nice curved front - looks comfy to work on :)

Sniep fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Aug 21, 2008

Nebulis01
Dec 30, 2003
Technical Support Ninny

KolosoK posted:

My desktop:

The wallpaper displayed on the monitor is from the mmorpg EVE-Online.

That desk does indeed look comfy, who makes it? I'm in the market for a new desk.

PuppyD
Apr 2, 2003

On your base path, stealing your bases

I need bigger monitors.

I also don't have AC, only need it for about a month here in Seattle.

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

Nebulis01 posted:

That desk does indeed look comfy, who makes it? I'm in the market for a new desk.

That looks like the Ikea Jerker, which iirc isn't made anymore?

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Reacean posted:

They replaced it with the Fredrik, which is what I have. It's nice!

leebenningfield
Dec 11, 2004

This is Leviathan? This is your fucking guy?

Reacean posted:

My friend that works at Ikea told me to look in the "as is" section at the store, sometimes they have returns or discontinued parts. You can probably find one on craigslist too. It's a fantastic desk.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

warwick5s posted:

They replaced it with the Fredrik, which is what I have. It's nice!

Pfft. It's not terrible but it's like 2/3 of the size of the Jerker at best. It also uses slots for everything instead of bolts through the uprights.

Lee Bow
May 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I have a lame set up compared to most of you. One thing I am proud of is that all my USB devices are hooked into a hub that is unseen below the desk, and I ran a usb extension out to the laptop.

also; this thread makes me want to buy some really nice speakers.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Corbet posted:

Am I the only one who uses their Laptop screen when connected to a different monitor?

I used to but gave up and bought one very big screen. The dual monitors used to piss me off - losing windows, applications opening poo poo in the wrong window, losing the cursor... etc etc etc.

scopophilia
Aug 11, 2004

Not a man to be trifled with.

I love my vintage audio setup :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P