Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Just got my rig semi setup in the new apartment. Once I'm not feeling lazy I'll do some cable management. Excuse the lovely cellphone camera.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Aug 25, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Y2JMatrix94 posted:

This thread needs more Macs and Ikea desks.

Mac: Check.
Ikea furniture: Check.

Click here for the full 1199x578 image.

Edit: Added labels

Froist fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 25, 2008

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

You people with your Ikea desks and kitchen countertops... you know desks are just four bits of wood nailed together, right? The one I posted earlier, I made myself in less than 15 minutes from scrap wood and it cost nothing.

Ghosts
Mar 10, 2008

by angerbotSD

Horace posted:

You people with your Ikea desks and kitchen countertops... you know desks are just four bits of wood nailed together, right? The one I posted earlier, I made myself in less than 15 minutes from scrap wood and it cost nothing.

Some people like nice looking things

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Hmm moody.
Yeah I don't really know what to do with all the cables, so I stopped bothering.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Horace posted:

hmm sounds like you're LIVING LIKE poo poo

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Man I was gonna pop into an Ikea near me, but it seems the closest one is in Stoughton, MA :<

nail
Jul 15, 2005

Ghosts posted:

Some people like nice looking things
If you look at his picture, it is pretty nice. You can make bare wood look quite good if you know what you're doing.

Mana Fiercity
Aug 16, 2008

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Horace posted:

I make all the furniture I can thank you very much.

DevastatorIIC
Nov 13, 2006

Dvorak- Ubuntu- KDE- and Opera-fag

Horace posted:

Five?

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

DevastatorIIC posted:

Five?

A Triangular desk would only need 4 pieces.

KolosoK
Aug 20, 2008

Nebulis01 posted:

That desk does indeed look comfy, who makes it? I'm in the market for a new desk.

I bought it at IKEA about 5 years ago. I am not sure what the make is but I'm around 75% sure that they still make them.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Alpine Mustache posted:

A Triangular desk would only need 4 pieces.

Depends what sort of design you're aiming for, this sort of thing only needs 4 pieces of wood.

Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Just 'cause you got a rocking horse don't mean you can rock.

Ikea desk? Check.

Mac? Check.

At least one Apple accessory? Check x2.

Apple logo sticker on a non-Apple piece of hardware? Check.

Woot go me! But wait!

Another Mac hooked up in the living room? Ashamed (but not really) check.

My work desktop is decidedly ghetto.

That's crappy kitchen countertop and a whole lot of desk toys. I particularly like my laptop stand.

Model Camper fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 26, 2008

nail
Jul 15, 2005

It's Fast,
It's Easy,
It's FREE,

AOL 5.0!

See Inside...

tmfool
Dec 9, 2003

What the frak?

tmfool fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 3, 2015

gwon
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Duck says "NO!"

tmfool posted:

You sinister bastard.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

That's an interesting looking keyboard. What's up with that?

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Centipeed posted:

That's an interesting looking keyboard. What's up with that?

My boss uses one of those. It's some Microsoft Natural thing. The downward slope is actually very comfortable, and I have my Logitech keyboard kind of the same way.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I posted my desktop at home a few days ago, but I've since moved into my dorm room so here's this desktop:

There is a huge mass of wires going everywhere behind the right monitor and 360, but it's hidden so I can convince myself I'm not living like poo poo. Yeah, that's Raphael on a skateboard on top of my Lian Li. :c00lbert:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

pik_d posted:

I posted my desktop at home a few days ago, but I've since moved into my dorm room so here's this desktop:

There is a huge mass of wires going everywhere behind the right monitor and 360, but it's hidden so I can convince myself I'm not living like poo poo. Yeah, that's Raphael on a skateboard on top of my Lian Li. :c00lbert:

But... Where will the wheel go :argh:

e: VVV :smith:

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 27, 2008

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Hypnolobster posted:

But... Where will the wheel go :argh:

I use a wired Xbox 360 controller to beat you suckers. This reminds me I should be practicing in the F08.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

pik_d posted:

dorm room
Your network comes out of a locked box?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Yeah, is this not normal for dorms?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

No idea, what do the other two wires do?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Power and cable. At least since there's a power cord I can reset the modem if I need.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

tmfool posted:

Wires, a desk that collects and displays way too much dust, Spider-Man, crappy speakers, and a lovely shelf that houses all of my graphic design books, a stuffed sheep from a client, and a couple of posters. I work in squalor.

I seriously hope you designed those posters for Life as a House and Finding Forrester. Outside of that, I can't think of any other reason for owning specifically the posters for those movies in a framed fashion.

tmfool
Dec 9, 2003

What the frak?

tmfool fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 17, 2012

Keokith
Dec 14, 2006
eh?

Click here for the full 1000x750 image.

Just moved last week, during the move my case broke, desk broke, and lost my laptop mouse. But it's all good planning on getting replacements next week.

In the picture i have my desktop and my Alienware laptop that i got about 4 years ago. Still works like a beast and weighs the same as one :(.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

I got a new desk last week!

This is how it is when I'm actually doing stuff, I prefer ambient to full-lighting.

Ashex fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 27, 2008

ScaryFast
Apr 16, 2003

Raluek posted:

Some of us like having highish resolution, fairly dense pixels, and not spending more than $35 for a monitor. I mean, my "nice modern gaming PC" cost me $300 or so, and you can barely get a half decent monitor for that nowadays.

I just helped a friend move and he abandoned 3 or 4 CRT's from 17" up to 20" because he has 2 LCD's now and I said "I'm not carrying those things"

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Ashex posted:

I got a new desk last week!

Cool Desk. Where can I pick one up?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Click here for the full 1200x900 image.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Bonobos posted:

Cool Desk. Where can I pick one up?

It's an IKEA desk. I believe the one I have is discontinued, they have one that's almost identical, just without drawers. It's called the Mikael

cymbalrush
Jul 12, 2008

Your carpet looks like it's been carefully aged in dip spit and bong water.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

cymbalrush posted:

Your carpet looks like it's been carefully aged in dip spit and bong water.

I truly despise this carpet. :(

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

DevastatorIIC posted:

Five?
One for the top, two for the sides and one for the back to stop it falling over. Where are you putting this fifth piece of wood?

hyperborean posted:

If you look at his picture, it is pretty nice. You can make bare wood look quite good if you know what you're doing.
Thank you hyperborean.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Horace posted:

One for the top, two for the sides and one for the back to stop it falling over. Where are you putting this fifth piece of wood?
You have no idea what you're missing out on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

strwrsxprt posted:

You have no idea what you're missing out on.

Oh! Oh! I know! Piece #5 keeps it from falling over!