Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Hellioning posted:

Are you kidding? Have you SEEN Kohran's koubu?

Any Koubu can be outfitted with insane amounts of weaponry...I'm talking about the damage potential the pilots have outside of their Koubu.

Spikey posted:

Sumire's been outfitted with "ballistics" all right.

Maria's are bigger. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.

little_firebird posted:

Maria's are bigger. :colbert:

And rather well protected in that hardened silo of her bathrobe that ia. :v:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

little_firebird posted:

Any Koubu can be outfitted with insane amounts of weaponry...I'm talking about the damage potential the pilots have outside of their Koubu.

Have you seen Kohran, then? The chick blows stuff up regularly, and explosions are far better then just normal bullets.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
At least nobody's defending Sakura, and that's what counts.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Kirbyoto posted:

At least nobody's defending Iris, and that's what counts.
Fixed that for you.

Haz
Mar 12, 2007
The not-quite-so-brave-as-Sir-Lancelot

Cheeseball IV posted:

Didn't she have an awesome one? I'm pretty sure she did.

It's hard to tell - there's this dude in it the whole ti... Oh. Yeah. That dude is Kanna. My bad.

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Hellioning posted:

Have you seen Kohran, then? The chick blows stuff up regularly, and explosions are far better then just normal bullets.

I know every character, their backstory and their damage potential...Kohran's explosions (as wonderful and plentiful as they are) hardly cause any damage besides some soot and charred clothing.

Besides, Maria has her "za vashe zdorov'e" technique which is wonderful enough, thank you very much :v: (I'd like to see Kohran try that with her steam bazooka...)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

little_firebird posted:

I know every character, their backstory and their damage potential...Kohran's explosions (as wonderful and plentiful as they are) hardly cause any damage besides some soot and charred clothing.

Besides, Maria has her "za vashe zdorov'e" technique which is wonderful enough, thank you very much :v: (I'd like to see Kohran try that with her steam bazooka...)

I will give you that...
However, Kohran is Chinese, and it shows ( a lot of it shows)
Maria is Russian, and THAT shows too (as in, not at all)

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Vote Sumire!
She isn't a dirty Communist!

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Hellioning posted:

Maria is Russian, and THAT shows too (as in, not at all)

Her Russian-ness does not show?

Not even in her abnormally tall stature, her tendency to swear in Russian, her blonde hair, or the fact that all of her techniques have Russian names?

What about Vol. 6, where Kohran's Polar Bear-kun makes the dorm hallway feel like the north pole and she's not shivering despite wearing less clothing than anybody else?

Yep, it definitely doesn't show. :)

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Vote Sumire!
She isn't a dirty Communist!

Neither is Maria...she left Russia before true Communism ever existed...

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ZeeToo posted:

Fixed that for you.
No, see, nobody should be defending Sakura.

We should be actively sabotaging Iris.

Cuveball Sliders
Oct 9, 2007

little_firebird posted:

Her Russian-ness does not show?

Not even in her abnormally tall stature, her tendency to swear in Russian, her blonde hair, or the fact that all of her techniques have Russian names?

What about Vol. 6, where Kohran's Polar Bear-kun makes the dorm hallway feel like the north pole and she's not shivering despite wearing less clothing than anybody else?

Yep, it definitely doesn't show. :)

pretty sure he was talking about her tits

Maria's are still better though :colbert:

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Zereth posted:

No, see, nobody should be defending Sakura.

We should be actively sabotaging Iris.

You got that wrong, the best part of Iris is the :gonk: on all the goon's faces when she gets there anyway. :colbert:
It's worth it, love and hate are not opposites, they're more like buddies.

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007
I would have thought everyone was for Sumire by now. Oh well, I'll try and explain again why she is the obvious choice.

Maria is great, sure. But emotionally she's a brick wall. Ogami is going to spend years before he gets anywhere. Even then it'll end up being one of those mutual respect relationships presuming Maria doesn't shoot him dead. Also by choosing Maria you will break Tsubaki's heart. Do you want that?

Kohran is great too. Problem is she loves the robots more. Ogami is just experimental material for her. It'll be a life of random anal probing and waiting for that one explosion that finally kills him. Also, she'll make him wear that skintight bodysuit they show in her special combo. ALL THE TIME. I don't want to inflict that on anyone.

Kanna is also great. But she's very one-dimensional. She punches things and then gets wasted. That's all there is to her. And yes, she's smoking something. No one is this relaxed all the time without smoking something. Also I think when you choose her she reveals herself to be a man. I may be wrong there.

But with Sumire you have a woman with depth. She certainly makes more of an effort to be enticing than the others. The haughty exterior might turn some away, but I think it is just her way of getting Ogami to play back at her. You've seen how she reacts when he snarls back a bit. The flirting and teasing that followed has been very attractive. And let's not forget she's a fun drunk and apparently owns half of Japan. So I would think she was the obvious choice.

However, if you want a lol-ending then vote Iris because we all know it will be :pedo: :gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk: (Don't vote Iris please.)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Emotionally a brick wall? Didn't you see here with that dress? DIDN'T YOU SEE HER SAD FACE?

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Haz posted:

It's hard to tell - there's this dude in it the whole ti... Oh. Yeah. That dude is Kanna. My bad.

Someone has to wear the pants in that relationship, and Lord know Ogami ain't the one.

Grunduggerer posted:

Kanna is also great. But she's very one-dimensional. She punches things and then gets wasted. That's all there is to her. And yes, she's smoking something. No one is this relaxed all the time without smoking something. Also I think when you choose her she reveals herself to be a man. I may be wrong there.

This. Why do you people hate things that are awesome?

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Why is it that no-one realizes that Kanna has bigger tits than Sumire or Maria?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Goons intimidated by strong women ITT.

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

BklynBruzer posted:

I think it's because her mboobs have the potential to crush people's heads all by themselves. :gonk:

McFetusBurger posted:

pretty sure he was talking about her tits
Maria's are still better though :colbert:

Well if that's what he was referring to, then all I have to say is: Kohran's got the smallest (existing) ones in the Hanagumi, Maria's are the second largest.

So yes. Yes they are. :colbert:

You Sumire fans shouldn't get so excited about her boobs....her's are only 1 cm slightly bigger than Sakura's :v:

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Mile'ionaha posted:

When I first saw Sakura Wars, it took me a while to realise Kanna was even a female. There's strong and then there's East German olympic competitor.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Grunduggerer posted:

Kohran is great too. Problem is she loves the robots more. Ogami is just experimental material for her. It'll be a life of random anal probing and waiting for that one explosion that finally kills him. Also, she'll make him wear that skintight bodysuit they show in her special combo. ALL THE TIME. I don't want to inflict that on anyone.

However, if you want a lol-ending then vote Iris because we all know it will be :pedo: :gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk: (Don't vote Iris please.)

Don't you see that this is all we need?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Mile'ionaha posted:

The pro-Kanna movement is just remaining silent, hiding in the shadows, waiting to strike when everyone else lets down their guard with an earth-shattering blow that will leave only Kanna remaining standing.

That or I'm completely alone in being pro-Kanna...

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump

little_firebird posted:

You Sumire fans shouldn't get so excited about her boobs....her's are only 1 cm slightly bigger than Sakura's :v:
It's not size, it's presentation.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

That or I'm completely alone in being pro-Kanna...

Not even remotely. There have been multiple people who have joined solely to express their support for Kanna's clear superiority, myself included. So don't fret - when the voting comes, we'll sweep the polls like a tidal wave.

...seriously though, Spirit Armor's going to have to start a new thread for the voting, isn't he? I mean, it's either that or have twenty pages of one-word posts in the middle of this one.

Dash Magnum
Jul 25, 2007

That's no moon...
It's a Face Station!

Grunduggerer posted:

Rationalizin'

You know you've found something utterly mindboggling amazing when the stereotypical bitch is the safe alternative. :iia:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Nick Buntline posted:

Not even remotely. There have been multiple people who have joined solely to express their support for Kanna's clear superiority, myself included. So don't fret - when the voting comes, we'll sweep the polls like a tidal wave.

...seriously though, Spirit Armor's going to have to start a new thread for the voting, isn't he? I mean, it's either that or have twenty pages of one-word posts in the middle of this one.

Ahah, good. It is as I thought then, the pro-Kanna movement is just waiting silently like violent ninja to spring forth and promote the one true choice.

Very well then, back into the shadows I go.

Also, yeah. Is there a page limit for threads on SA? I can't think of ever seeing one, but the rest of this LP coupled with the voting may well hit it for the first time in history.

VVVVV Okay, it appears there is no page limit. Or it's absurdly high. Either way, I suppose this thread might only approach that level of insanity if all the games are done together in this one thread. Which I believe Spirit Armor has said will not be the case, presuming he doesn't suffer a psychotic break before he gets to Sakura Wars 2 and kill everyone within fifty miles of himself.

RyuujinBlueZ fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 9, 2008

whateverfor
Jul 23, 2007
fuck you sped

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Also, yeah. Is there a page limit for threads on SA? I can't think of ever seeing one, but the rest of this LP coupled with the voting may well hit it for the first time in history.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2876582

This thread has 2665 posts, that thread has 2165 pages.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

BklynBruzer posted:

Because half the time the character artists don't realize it either? :v:

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15
God man... This game is 100% pure clichée. Every single character is a piece of cardboard with exactly 2 sides and nothing more. Everything... EVERYTHING is so predictable that it hurts.

Regardless of what "personality" a character starts out with she will eventually degenerate into Sakura. And you'll get to see more of that happening to whoever "wins" so to speak. So, if you really care for your character of choice, save it from such a horrible fate and vote for the complete opposite of what you want!

I've played a few games similar to this one (reflecting on it I'll be damned if I know why :/ ) and they always end the same way :(

HOWEVER! I've read all the way through this thing because of the power, inventiveness and comedic brilliance of our narrator, and I shall continue to do so! Bravo, sir, bravo. If your script was interjected into the game in place of the real one it would possibly be the best game ever made as opposed to another misogynist exercise among many : )

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Dectilon posted:

Regardless of what "personality" a character starts out with she will eventually degenerate into Sakura. And you'll get to see more of that happening to whoever "wins" so to speak. So, if you really care for your character of choice, save it from such a horrible fate and vote for the complete opposite of what you want!

No! I will not be fooled so easily!

NO VOTES FOR IRIS!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Dectilon posted:

God man... This game is 100% pure clichée. Every single character is a piece of cardboard with exactly 2 sides and nothing more. Everything... EVERYTHING is so predictable that it hurts.

Regardless of what "personality" a character starts out with she will eventually degenerate into Sakura. And you'll get to see more of that happening to whoever "wins" so to speak.
I would have pointed this out a while ago but I thought it was so obvious it didn't need to be said. Notice how all of the girls act pretty much the same when you're having any romantic success with them, because that's the point of the game.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Dectilon posted:

Regardless of what "personality" a character starts out with she will eventually degenerate into Sakura.

If the unite attacks are any indication, Ogami's going to be the one who winds up changing. So, pick what you want: a science ninja in a bright orange jumpsuit, a bad boy on an Arrest Me Red motorbike, a happy-go-lucky beach bum, a hot-blooded secret agent in cold Mother Russia, a plaything in the mind of an Elder God, or... um... something so generic I forgot what it was?

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Kirbyoto posted:

Normal clothing presentation or swimsuit presentation?

Either way, it's all pretty revealing. :v:

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15

Crono S. Magnum posted:

No! I will not be fooled so easily!

NO VOTES FOR IRIS!

...it's best not to disturb a creature more powerful than Azatoth... I meant more along the lines like, the people who argue about the top 3 should vote for one of the other two than the one they like : P

"If the unite attacks are any indication, Ogami's going to be the one who winds up changing. So, pick what you want: a science ninja in a bright orange jumpsuit, a bad boy on an Arrest Me Red motorbike, a happy-go-lucky beach bum, a hot-blooded secret agent in cold Mother Russia, a plaything in the mind of an Elder God, or... um... something so generic I forgot what it was?"

Self-dilusion... I can guarantee that the in the end it turns out that all any one of them really want to do is to wash Ogami's clothes or something : P

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.

whateverfor posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2876582

This thread has 2665 posts, that thread has 2165 pages.

I shudder to think of where the next LP Spirit Armor does, as the other Sakura War games are hell more intricate and longer than this one (Except for 4. 4 was a cop-out.)

TapamN
Jan 10, 2008

Morgenthau posted:

I shudder to think of where the next LP Spirit Armor does, as the other Sakura War games are hell more intricate and longer than this one (Except for 4. 4 was a cop-out.)
Four isn't a cop-out. It's concentrated awesome.

Think of four as a movie, while the rest are TV shows.

Zaltys
Jun 24, 2008

Kirbyoto posted:

Do you expect that she'll stop flaunting her assents after marrying Ogami? I bet that she won't.

I can foresee only three possible results from that pairing:
1) Ogami will discover that everyone, including the mailman, has access to her vast tracts of land.
2) Sumire will get even more drunk than usual and gamble away or otherwise lose her fortune.
3) Ogami will die of alcohol poisoning within three years.

Vote for Kanna or Maria. The other choices are too cruel.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

And Ogami getting into bed with a man is any less cruel?

Vote Maria.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

SirSamVimes posted:

And Ogami getting into bed with a man is any less cruel?

Vote Maria.

Why settle for lesser cruelties?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

If I met a girl like Kanna: tall, strong, well endowed, and pretty fun to party with, I can assure you that I'd not be calling her a 'man' and kicking her outta bed.

• Locked thread