Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

OneOverZero posted:

It's this'un. In-store prices are typically about half that around here. :)

Do they have it in a black-ish color? That brown is kind of obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eaten By A Grue
Aug 13, 2006
My desk at work. It's a goddamn mess, but at least I have a framed picture of Darth Vader.

Eaten By A Grue fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 11, 2021

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
Why do you work guys hang up those stupid certificate things??

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Eaten By A Grue posted:

My desk at work. It's a goddamn mess, but at least I have a framed picture of Darth Vader.

The framed Vader picture is pretty much the best little added touch to a desktop that I've ever seen :lol:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Phillyt posted:

Why do you work guys hang up those stupid certificate things??

Pleases management.

I just spent about an hour cleaning up my cube space today. I'll try to get a photo up on Monday.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

url posted:

I moved recently, so I'm not fully set up as yet.

Give a couple of weeks or so, and I'll be better placed to post a final shot or two, at the moment, theres wires fk'n everywhere :(

Keyboard/mouse?

exertion
May 5, 2005

strayan posted:

Keyboard/mouse?

Looks like a razer lycosa and deathadder

adante
Sep 18, 2003

an old setup of mine. Has since been replaced by a new stand and laptop but the premise is the same

Eaten By A Grue
Aug 13, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The framed Vader picture is pretty much the best little added touch to a desktop that I've ever seen :lol:

drat right!

Best dumpster diving find ever. Yeah, if management gives you a certificate, you put it up. I don't even know what half of my certificates are for.

do it
Jan 3, 2006

don't tell me words don't matter!

adante posted:

an old setup of mine. Has since been replaced by a new stand and laptop but the premise is the same
You should really think about purchasing a more ergonomic chair.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

adante posted:

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

adante posted:

This looks like the hospital bed of a long term (terminal case) patient.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

adante posted:

That has to cause some bed sores.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I don't have to think about cabling because I have a back to my desk keeping it hidden. Also, wicker chair represent.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

FadedReality posted:

I don't have to think about cabling because I have a back to my desk keeping it hidden. Also, wicker chair represent.

The picture on your desk sort of weirded me out when I first noticed it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Eaten By A Grue posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm stealing this idea. At my work we have workstations that anyone who's scheduled can use, no assigned desks, so it will be even weirder.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Rubiks Pubes posted:

The picture on your desk sort of weirded me out when I first noticed it.

Because I'm so handsome and you found yourself aroused?

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals
I've gone through many different incarnations of my PC setup, never able to get things exactly the way I want. I've come close though, and for my personal studio I think I've done a pretty good job. Here's a pic I took two or three nights ago:

As per the OP I won't go into too much detail, but I have a Macbook Pro constantly rendering audio and doing networking crap, and a rackmount PC for tracking and gaming.

And here's the old setup, before I moved to the place I'm at now:

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

I'd really like to swap my keyboard and mouse out for something alittle more wireless

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals

sadnessboner posted:

I'd really like to swap my keyboard and mouse out for something alittle more wireless

Heh, I find it amusing how the monitors get bigger the further right you go. Which screen is the PS3 plugged into?

jupitercore
Mar 2, 2002
I just signed up to leech from the sadchub

From when I moved into my new place.

Still trying to not be living in poo poo. 4 additional HDDs are tucked under the desk on a hideaway shelf. Working on the rest of the USB cables (wireless keyboard coming).

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

sadnessboner posted:

Is that a butt on the right side of the largest monitor?

Chopper
Feb 13, 2006

^^^ Butt on an album cover?

Another living in poo poo post.

(Click for big)

Bottom Left - My old 2004 Dell
Top Left - My New 2008 Beast
17" 4:3 Dell Monitor
20" Dell 2007WFP Monitor
iPod Touch
Two mice, one for when the batteries run out :v:
Top Right - Sony Vaio VGN-SZ5VWN - Worst mistake of my consumer life.
Bottom Right - Xbox 360 and Subwoofer

5.1 Speakers hidden around.

Everywhere - Living in poo poo.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

The Gasmask posted:

Heh, I find it amusing how the monitors get bigger the further right you go. Which screen is the PS3 plugged into?

The bigger screen looks after the ps3, and also has a digital set top box plugged in so I can picture-in-picture while doing other things

and yeah that's an album cover with a butt on it

Victor Nightingale
May 11, 2005

Victor Nightingale fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 26, 2012

Joans
Sep 14, 2004

Victor Nightingale posted:

what screensaver is that on your laptop?

It's Fliqlo, you can get it from here

Gism0
Mar 20, 2003

huuuh?

Victor Nightingale posted:

what screensaver is that on your laptop?

Fliqlo

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Chopper posted:

Top Right - Sony Vaio VGN-SZ5VWN - Worst mistake of my consumer life.

Why?

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande

jupitercore posted:

From when I moved into my new place.

Still trying to not be living in poo poo. 4 additional HDDs are tucked under the desk on a hideaway shelf. Working on the rest of the USB cables (wireless keyboard coming).

What power connector is that on your MBP? Doesn't look like the standard one.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

ranathari posted:

What power connector is that on your MBP? Doesn't look like the standard one.

It's a PowerBook G4. You can tell since the antenna isn't in the hinge.

Runoir
Feb 25, 2007

~Coxy posted:

It's a PowerBook G4. You can tell since the antenna isn't in the hinge.

The lack of an integrated iSight camera often betrays powerbooks as well.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled
New desk! New speakers! Living on the edge of poo poo

Lunchbox
Feb 5, 2008

Current desktop/gaming rig

Currently living like poo poo while waiting for new carpet to get installed in another room.

Media Center - Streaming via PS3

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

glompix posted:

New desk! New speakers! Living on the edge of poo poo

I've got a standard sized Lian-Li (PB7) right now, but I've always wanted one of their smaller cases. How is the space inside? Any problems you ran into when putting components in?

jupitercore
Mar 2, 2002
I just signed up to leech from the sadchub
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that responded for me - work kept me offline. All of the above answers are indeed correct.

KolosoK
Aug 20, 2008

FadedReality posted:

Woah, I love how your desktop mixes new and old technologies :)

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
lovely, lovely camera phone pics.

Living like poo poo under the desk, but the rockin new chair totally makes up for that.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Centipeed posted:

I've got a standard sized Lian-Li (PB7) right now, but I've always wanted one of their smaller cases. How is the space inside? Any problems you ran into when putting components in?

It's pretty rad actually. The only inconvenience is swapping out the CPU. (have to take the power supply out) But really, how often does that happen? Also I have girly fingers and a smaller graphics card, so I may have not run into problems yet. Also on my model at least, the PCI card slots are not thumbscrew and I think they were on my old standard Lian Li case.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I like it. The iBook drives the first two displays on the left, the dell under the desk drives the widescreen. Yes, I need to make my bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

strayan posted:

Keyboard/mouse?

exertion posted:

Looks like a razer lycosa and deathadder

Nailed in one.
My birthday presents to myself.

Just in case you were thinking of doing the same combo...
The packaging lies, I am really really poo poo at Q3A. Competitive advantage my arse!