Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Kanye West; Lupe Fiasco; Pharrell Williams - Us Placers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xz8FXgLpI4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
"Waiting Room" by Fugazi seems to have bored it's way into my skull the past few days. Also, their entire album End Hits, it's simply amazing.

A Sober Irishman
Sep 13, 2007

"He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"Really? His house looked like shit."
More Than A Feeling by Boston has blown my mind over the past week or so. It just rocks so loving hard. Never new how much Boston rocked until now. It's so great that me and my friend have named our road trip that we will be going on later this year the More Than A Feeling Tour '08, and the song shall be played at the commencement of travel everyday.

Morse
Jul 11, 2001

everyone's out to get you motherfucker
Okkervil River - John Allyn Smith Sails

I love when the second half of the song kicks in, it's just so good.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Stop Being Perfect by The LK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNCXKaVAF8

I listened to it 4 times in a row then bought the album. It's been non stop since then...

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
"Fall Dog Bombs The Moon" by David Bowie

crap nerd has a new favorite as of 20:42 on Sep 13, 2008

Frederik
Aug 9, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzpPxxHLBKo&feature=related

The Game feat. Lil' Wayne - My Life

I usually don't listen to rap but it's kinda catchy :banjo:

Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

The laws of sanity are mine, and they will obey me!
Junior Boys - In The Morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiI-3uRfaSc

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
My friend was playing this in her room and said, "Hey Captain Hollywood, this is the song for you!"

I'm not into the style that much, but it's a bit of a comedy song so it's easy to listen to. When the chorus came I was floored- downloaded it immediately and couldn't stop listening.

After hearing "I Kissed a Girl" incessantly on the radio for 3 months, this is the perfect companion piece.

Some NSFW lyrics.

Shwayze - My Girlfriend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqAGIKoCssU&feature=related

Colawa
Oct 14, 2006

He came dancing across the water
shattered, by the rolling stones

e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th47siid6_k

czarmonger
Aug 16, 2008

ask me about my brothel

BrandoButter posted:

Wilco - I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Oh hell yeah, Marlon. I can't stop listening to Ratatat's LP3, specifically Gipsy threat.

pill for your ills
Mar 23, 2006

ghost rock.
"Let's Not Wrestle Mt. Heart Attack" by Liars. Nearly sends me into a trance state. Which can be dangerous while driving.

BrandoButter
Mar 16, 2008
Roy Orbison - In Dreams

I've been listening to this song all day. It has been said that Roy Orbison had "the voice of god." I'd be hard pressed to disagree with that.

Artline70
Apr 23, 2008
MGMT - Electric Feel (Justice Remix).
So cute and catchy

Herobotic
Oct 9, 2007

You know, we've had a lot of fun here today, but there's nothing funny about people who pretend to throw a ball without actually throwing a ball.

Jhoge posted:

Little Dawn-Ted Leo & the Pharmacists
Ted Leo is the man, and this song rocks. Enough said.

Truth.

"Face of the Earth" by The Dismemberment Plan. I've fallen hard for the Dismemberment Plan recently, they're entirely too good. I'm sorry I didn't get to see them when they were still around. But the Travis Morrisson Hellfighters are pretty good as well.

interf4ce
May 14, 2007
Demons, monsters, and murder, oh my.
Dropkick Murphys - The Spicy McHaggis Jig

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

"I am the Sun" from the Swans, just found out about the band and am I trying to decide if it's one of my favorites, but that song certainly got me.

Oh yes, and Magnetic Fields' 69 Love Songs is getting some unhealthy ammount of playing here, but I guess it doesn't count, since it's an album instead of a song.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Comfortably Numb, not the one from The Wall, but the live one with Roger Waters and Van Morrison on The Departed soundtrack.

Hurrmph. Can't find it on yaotube, so hear is a version with a jogging movie or something: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ2j3oTPtJw

What are these pies
Jul 22, 2008
Two whole Cloud Cult albums. The Meaning of 8 and Feel Good Ghosts (Tea-partying Through Tornadoes). God drat that is some good poo poo.

Also Regina Spektor's version of "Hallelujah". It is live, and weirdly haunting.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I've been alternating between Dayvan Cowboy by Boards of Canada and Bros by Panda Bear.

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm
"If they saw my face,
Could I still take a bow?
Would they know me,
know me, know me now?"

It's "the Nomi Song", performed by the late Klaus Nomi. If you've never heard of him, just look him up on Youtube.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Babe, I'm On Fire by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. It's especially great for starting to clean the apartment when I have no motivation to do so.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Lately it's been Courtesy Call by Sixx: A.M. There's this bit where the song kinda stops and you hear a door being busted open and a guy say "oh, jesus christ!" and it makes me think about what was in that hotel room (I am assuming it was Nikki in a 3/4ths-dead state). And I usually let this segue into Permission, my current "favourite sad/downbeat song".
Before that it was The Evil That Men Do live from Rock in Rio by Iron Maiden. No song makes me feel like rocking out more than that one.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley

No idea why, but I listen to that song all the time when I drive back and forth to school.

Blaringblur
Aug 8, 2008
Brand New - The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

Rocked my Zune all weekend. argh

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven;
lower your eyelids to die with the sun.
0078h by M83. If you don't listen with lovely speakers, you will be blown away.

Edit: and worsen your tinnitus.

Ktzi
Aug 1, 2006

There are plenty of spiders!
KMFDM's 'Looking for Strange.'

I love this song and I've had it on repeat for about three days now.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The Streets - The Escapist

TV on the Radio - DLZ

Songs from two albums I'm really looking forward to.

Cyber
Jun 6, 2007

Don't be acting all buddy buddy just 'cuz we used to be friends. Shit's changed, Bird. This ain't the golden age of b-ball anymore. You more than anyone should know this.
I Mother Earth - Summertime in the Void and Edwin - And You. I'm on a 90's Muchmusic nostalgia kick.

K-Money
May 22, 2005
Bringing Paradise to the Forums!
"If I Was Your Vampire" - Marilyn Manson

Heard it in the trailer for Max Payne and can't get it out of my head
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNbzbWrXWiY

Pizuz
Sep 15, 2008
Rashaan Roland Kirk - Pedal Up

Watched this about twenty times after first seeing it. Absolutely awesome technique!

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

Artline70 posted:

MGMT - Electric Feel (Justice Remix).
So cute and catchy

Original version for me. It got stuck in my head real quickly because I thought it was a weird amalgamation of 7/4 and 5/4 time due to the fantastic bassline. Turns out it's just 6/4. Still an amazing groovy song.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
The Postal Service - The District Sleeps Alone Tonight

One of my first brushes with pop music, and it also describes my current situation pretty well. Great song.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
Foo Fighters - Everlong

There's something about this song I love

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Simple Minds - New Gold Dream

Listened to it 20 times on the work yesterday.
You gotta love its name. I wish I could come up with such a pretentious and perfect name.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Lackadaisical posted:

Foo Fighters - Everlong

There's something about this song I love

I had sex for the first time to this song, I know how you feel.

Of course now whenever it pops up on Rock Band 2 I get a boner, and that's awkward.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
100 in a 55 - Pop Evil

johnny and June - Heidi Newfield (and I don't even like country)

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
The intro from Murs' 3:16. I don't know, I was just flipping through some random tracks on the way home from work the other day and I really really liked that one.

Mr. Saturday
Oct 12, 2007

Man belongs wherever he wants to go
We just listened to this song in Russian class today: "Gorod Kotorovo Nyet" by Igor Kornelyuk, which roughly translates to "The City That Isn't".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSb8RkSfWys&feature=related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I had sex for the first time to this song, I know how you feel.

Of course now whenever it pops up on Rock Band 2 I get a boner, and that's awkward.

Awkward? Psh! It's like having an extra hand to help with the whammy bar! :rock: