Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sick_Boy
Jun 3, 2007

The reason Milton wrote in fetters when he wrote of Angels and God, and at liberty when of Devils and Hell, is because he was a true poet and of the Devil's party without knowing it.

MikeJF posted:

I'm just curious if he's going to make it to be a women's fit only.

Depends. If someone on his forums says it should, he'll make it a man's fit, size M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

MikeJF posted:

I'm just curious if he's going to make it to be a women's fit only.

Really, it should be one of those giant maternity muu-muu things.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
New strip is up.
Waffle images won't work so here's a direct link.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Calaveron posted:

New strip is up.
Waffle images won't work so here's a direct link.

Those must be some mighty cavities.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Taerkar posted:

Those must be some mighty cavities.

I'm wondering how long it takes for his official forums to start complaining that fillings are actually mercury and not silver.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

wodin posted:

I'm wondering how long it takes for his official forums to start complaining that fillings are actually mercury and not silver.

I was intrigued/bored, and I looked it up. According to Wikipedia, various metals were used in the past, including silver. That being said, apparently the Chinese used silver/mercury amalgam in the 7th century. Still has silver, so I think it's OK for causing damage purposes.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Mercury is alchemically called quicksilver anyway, so maybe that's good enough. :v:

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
silver amalgam fillings were pretty common in America until like 30 years ago

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Maldraedior posted:

silver amalgam fillings were pretty common in America until like 30 years ago

Silver amalgam fillings are still pretty common in America. They're cheaper, easier to work, and last longer than resin fillings.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Phanatic posted:

Silver amalgam fillings are still pretty common in America. They're cheaper, easier to work, and last longer than resin fillings.

Resin is only like 10% more at my dentist now. Which is awesome because I really want my silver ones replaced, although it will lower my demon fighting abilities.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

terminal mehmet posted:

Resin is only like 10% more at my dentist now. Which is awesome because I really want my silver ones replaced, although it will lower my demon fighting abilities.

Devil fighting abilities.

drat, I am such a huge nerd.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
new strip new strip lalalalala!
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0589.html

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Poor Daigo.

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000
I like the fact that evil samurai have five o'clock shadows.

KaLogain
Dec 29, 2004

I got her number. How do you like them apples?
Cybernetic Crumb
I got "War and XP" in today. Sadly, I didn't get the magnet as promised, I guess they ran out. The book looks great. Incidentally I also got the board game. Double the fun.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved
Elan knows how it works.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

new strip up

Gender role reversals continue.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
Haha, Daigo's bitterness is cute there. He might need to pick up some extra names or titles to get himself out of this one.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

tuluk posted:

new strip up

Gender role reversals continue.

This is the worst "new strip is up" post imaginable.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
[url=https://wi.somethingawful.com/7b/7bef52d8d3540cc6497d778abaaca6ad2b1c8dae.gif]

Is that better?

EDIT: Not really, because Waffle is being bitchy...

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
:siren:New Strip is Up:siren:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Oh Elan... never change your bardly ways.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Haha. V's so messed up, even his embroidery's getting chaotic.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
I would really have expected SOMEONE to have leveled up after beating that thing.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Heh, "Men of wealth and taste."

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Wait, isn't V a girl?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It is a (deliberate) mystery :iiam:

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

tazman posted:

Wait, isn't V a girl?

In the OOTS board game, V actually has an ability based around his/her's unknown gender. It's a very intentional joke at this point.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: Yes! New strip! :siren:

Therkla nooooooo! :cry:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

ShadowCatboy posted:

See, from your reaction, I was expecting Therkla to take the comedy honorable suicide option as befitting a pseudo-Japanese fantasy setting. Maybe I've got L5R on my mind.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

IMJack posted:

See, from your reaction, I was expecting Therkla to take the comedy honorable suicide option as befitting a pseudo-Japanese fantasy setting. Maybe I've got L5R on my mind.

That's what I love about L5R. It's the only system I can think of where like half the characters I've ever seen played have killed themselves on purpose.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

ShadowCatboy posted:

:siren: Yes! New strip! :siren:

You know, that's a pretty poor plan when your victim is on a ship full of paladins.

er, wait, can paladins cure poison?

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

IMJack posted:

[L5R nerdhat]

Ninja aren't Samurai, and as such don't have the right to seppuku. If they do, it's just a peasant in black pyjamas stabbing themselves in stomach, because ninja don't exist.

Also: Ninja don't really care about honour anyway, they're assassins.

[/L5R nerdhat]

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Cthulhuchan posted:

You know, that's a pretty poor plan when your victim is on a ship full of paladins.

er, wait, can paladins cure poison?

Only via a level 4 Paladin spell. So, they'd have to be level 13 or 14, depending on their ability score, to cast it. Probably not too many (or any) paladins of that level on the ships right now.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

There's always the Delay Poison option, however. Paladins can cast it at level 8, Bards/Rangers at 4th, and Clerics/Druids at 3rd.

The chances of finding one on the ship actually has it prepared is probably pretty slim, but I would think there's probably a scroll with it handy (considering how many attempts Hinjo seems to have on his life), in which case Elan or some Cleric could use it without any problem.

Edit: Matter of fact, Bards can cast Neutralize Poison at 10th level, so Elan could probably use that as well (depending on when he went into his PrC).

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 17, 2008

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Edit: Matter of fact, Bards can cast Neutralize Poison at 10th level, so Elan could probably use that as well (depending on when he went into his PrC).

That spell is far too useful for Elan to have taken it. He's much more likely to have taken Hallucinatory Terrain, Modify Memory or better yet Rainbow Pattern just for laughs.

Kramer
Aug 31, 2001

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head with an iron boot?

Cthulhuchan posted:

But it's not a ship full of paladins. There are only three known remaining paladins of the Azure Guard. Hinjo, Lain, and guy who's name I can't remember who now leads the Azure City underground.

Edit: Crap, and O-Chul. So four known paladins. Regardless, Hinjo and Lain are both known to be off the ship making the poison a pretty safe bet (presuming it's a pretty fast acting poison, which it appears to be).

Kramer fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Sep 18, 2008

Dirtanium
Aug 3, 2007

Spazmo posted:

That spell is far too useful for Elan to have taken it. He's much more likely to have taken Hallucinatory Terrain, Modify Memory or better yet Rainbow Pattern just for laughs.

Remember Elan's knowledge of storytelling and tropes. I think it makes more sense for him to walk around with neutralize poison prepared all the time just in case this situation crops up. Poison is a rather common technique, and it would be very heroic to have neutralize poison prepared. The spell wouldn't benefit him, because I'm sure he's built up an immunity to iocane powder.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

Dirtanium posted:

Remember Elan's knowledge of storytelling and tropes. I think it makes more sense for him to walk around with neutralize poison prepared all the time just in case this situation crops up. Poison is a rather common technique, and it would be very heroic to have neutralize poison prepared. The spell wouldn't benefit him, because I'm sure he's built up an immunity to iocane powder.

For me, this is the moment that will tell us if Roy is coming back to the strip as a regular.

I think Rich has been delaying on Roy's fate, because he's trying to show Elan as a charismatic, leader through action for the group, as opposed to Roy's intelligent, forethinking, meta-gaming leader.

If Elan can get through this without the rest of the group, especially if he can do it by actually using magic in a manner that shows character growth; I don't think we're getting Roy back. This whole arc is meant to show that Haley and Elan are both capable leaders, who are even better as a team.

I hope I'm wrong, but there have been subtle signs and conversations that have indicated that Roy is not only superfluous, but would be drastically underpowered if he came back.

Hopefully, he does come back though. I enjoy his character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
New Strip.