Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
Don't get too worked up then, it's Nate on vocals. Still very good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I checked out their myspace. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing them play
I'd rather see the Steinways play than just about anybody else at this point. When Ben Weasel and Dan Vapid are your fans, you're doing something right.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Dickeye posted:

Yeah I checked out their myspace. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing them play
I'd rather see the Steinways play than just about anybody else at this point. When Ben Weasel and Dan Vapid are your fans, you're doing something right.

Yes, but Ben Weasel also called The Lawrence Arms "the worst band in punk", so what the gently caress does he know?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah and Fat Mike called Death By Television the best pop-punk album ever
Everyone's wrong at some point

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Dickeye posted:

Yeah and Fat Mike called Death By Television the best pop-punk album ever
Everyone's wrong at some point

Apparently Fat Mike hasn't been wrong yet.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I like Death By Television and all but it's not the best pop-punk album ever. If I wanted to be a dick I'd say the Ramones are considered the first pop-punk band and that their first album was the greatest
Instead I'm going to say that Teenage Bottlerocket's Warning Device is a better album

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
You can all bite me. The B side of Milo Goes To College is the best pop punk album ever.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's on the b-side and we'll see

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
1. Suburban Home
2. Statue of Liberty
3. Kabuki Girl
4. Marriage
5. Hope
6. Bikeage
7. Jean is Dead

Seriously. The only possible thing that could make that side any better is if Catalina was on it.

Bikeage is the greatest pop punk song of all time :colbert:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ooh see I like the a-side better
Also I like Cool To Be You better than Milo Goes To College

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

Dickeye posted:

Well. We definitely disagree on all points relating to the Descendents then.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can we agree that Enjoy! was an abortion and should never have seen the light of day?

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

Dickeye posted:

Can we agree that Enjoy! was an abortion and should never have seen the light of day?

I'll allow it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Right on

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Dickeye posted:

At what age were you actually dropped as a child?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Milo is a really close second. The lack of any polishing is what keeps me from enjoying it as much as Cool To Be You.
Alternately, 18 months

A Boring Story
Mar 27, 2008

We're not going to Catalina, are we?

Dickeye posted:

You can take Enjoy! and All, edit out the poo poo and make one hell of an album. My playlist looks like this:

1. All!
2. Coolidge
3. No, All!
4. Get The Time
5. Sour Grapes
6. Clean Sheets
7. Wendy
8. Kids
9. Pep Talk
10. All-O-Gistics
11. Cheer

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
In other news if the line-up for Insubordination Fest '09 looks like this year's, I'm going to be there in a heartbeat.
The Queers have been there the last couple years, here's hoping they come back next year. Ditto The Steinways

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Midnight 10" is out on NWN (w/bonus 7" pic disc in die hard edition). I'm going to see Darvocets last show in Cleveland with Inmates, Satanic Threat, Caustic Christ and Icon Gallery. Good weekend.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Show was beyond perfect, mainly because I love Now That's Class. Got down in about seven hours, visited My Minds Eye and got some sweet records (Mott the Hoople, BGK, Sun Ra, Pagans, Battle of the Worst Bands comp, +++), then went to Now That's Class for food/drinks. Alessandro was outside (Out With A Bang, Grabbies fame) and talked to him about his new band with Paul (Inmates) called The Flying Trichecos, got a demo. Ate well, drank well, skipped Icon Gallery and saw Caustic Christ. Satanic Threat was next, really psyched on it from getting the 7" this summer and they absolutely delivered. Call it a gimmick but I think its great, satan themed lyrics over minor threat songs. Inmates were next and everything and everyone started killing each other which was fantastic. Drink glasses, glass bottle, full beercans, trash cans, phone books, everything started getting pegged at everyone. During the lull between sets the guy from Apartment 213 got on stage and poured sterno can goop on a ton of stuff, tried to set a light fixture on fire then pulled out an angle grinder and started cutting up the giant pile of wood and light fixtures he set on fire, sending huge shards of metal and fire into the crowd, then decided to put the angle grinder (still powered and on) right on the fire, then kick it into the crowd. Whole place smelled like death and plastic. Darvocets went on and Larry (lead) started huffing Maximum Impact, a VHS head cleaner, and passing the bag around. It tastes minty. They didn't get through their whole set before an instrument and bass cab broke but it was good enough.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
To those of you ever around Richmond, VA, Brandon and Lauren of No Way Records just opened a record store called Vinyl Conflict today and it is awesome. The inventory is about 80% punk and when I went today it was full of hard to find records. It's definitely worth a trip if you are in the area.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
Speaking of vinyl stores, the physical 1234 Go! record store openned up in Oakland over the summer, and I was unaware of its existence until about a week ago. Store is loving tiny, but it has some great vinyls in there.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Who was it that gave Ben Weasel poo poo about not liking the Lawrence Arms
Because you suck and so do they

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
http://www.punknews.org/article/30448

Envy/Thursday split stream up, and judging from the comments and how 'org usually loves to bash Thursday, it sounds amazing. Unfortunately, my college network blocks myspace so I have to wait till I get home to listen to it. :(

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Envy rules but I have no idea why they did a split with Thursday

AprilONeilsTits
Sep 7, 2008

by Fragmaster
Thought i'd let you know that James from Reggie was talking about the get up kids getting back together. pretty stoked.

also, without a doubt

thursday>envy

understanding in a car crash need i say more.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

SubtleDagger posted:

Envy rules but I have no idea why they did a split with Thursday

Thursday thinks Envy is mind-blowing and Envy thinks Thursday is mind-blowing

:iiam:

Thursday have a few badass songs, though.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO

gerfatty posted:

Speaking of vinyl stores, the physical 1234 Go! record store openned up in Oakland over the summer, and I was unaware of its existence until about a week ago. Store is loving tiny, but it has some great vinyls in there.

I haven't been there since the opening weekend, but there was a lot of good stuff at good (non-ebay-nerd) prices. I got Subhumans - Worlds Apart, Black Flag - Damaged, X - Los Angeles and some other good poo poo (a hosed up record? this is my fist? can't remember) for like $25. They had Bivouac for $30 but I can't bring myself to spend that much on a record... bummer.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I don't know if anyone is following them, but the Fall of Troy recently played a demo on some Seattle radio station. It's called 'Vomiting Winter' and is pretty god damned awesome if I say so myself.

Now it's just a demo but it's still pretty decent, check it out.

The Fall of Troy - Vomiting Winter

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parachute Underwear posted:

http://www.punknews.org/article/30448

Envy/Thursday split stream up, and judging from the comments and how 'org usually loves to bash Thursday, it sounds amazing. Unfortunately, my college network blocks myspace so I have to wait till I get home to listen to it. :(

My God I am so psyched about this. I'm hoping beyond hope that there's a plan for an Envy/Thursday tour in there somewhere.

AprilONeilsTits posted:

also, without a doubt

thursday>envy

Look I love Thursday (Cross Out The Eyes is their best track by the by), but Envy is better than pretty much anything anybody anywhere can come up with. That's practically a mathematical constant.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 17, 2008

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

AprilONeilsTits posted:

also, without a doubt

thursday>envy

pretty much every song that envy has done is better than understanding (in a car crash)

hell a bunch of songs thursday has done are better

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..
just listened to the sample of the thursday/envy split, holy poo poo. i'm excited for this.

Clothes Optional
Oct 3, 2004

albear posted:

just listened to the sample of the thursday/envy split, holy poo poo. i'm excited for this.

You and me both brother.

The Thursday sample sounds good as well, I loved Full Collapse.

You guys should check out Trenches whose first album just dropped, it's kind of an ambient hardcore with some sludge. It kicks a lot of rear end, and what album with this cover wouldn't?

Clothes Optional fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 17, 2008

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Clothes Optional posted:

You and me both brother.

The Thursday sample sounds good as well, I loved Full Collapse.

You guys should check out Trenches whose first album just dropped, it's kind of an ambient hardcore with some sludge. It kicks a lot of rear end, and what album with this cover wouldn't?

is this the trenches that did a split with cutting pink with knives?

Clothes Optional
Oct 3, 2004

albear posted:

is this the trenches that did a split with cutting pink with knives?

I don't think so. Though I certainly have no idea what you're speaking of.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Clothes Optional posted:

I don't think so. Though I certainly have no idea what you're speaking of.

oh this trenches is way different and not from europe.

actually i'm listening to it on myspace and this is probably worse than the trenches i was talking about.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

albear posted:

oh this trenches is way different and not from europe.

actually i'm listening to it on myspace and this is probably worse than the trenches i was talking about.

Are you sure you're not talking about Trencher?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I just remembered that there is an Envy/Thursday split leak somewhere, I just completely forgot to listen to it.

super taunt
Aug 17, 2008

fierce
roundhouse
HMFF!
Thanks Clothes Optional, I'm really enjoying Trenches. Never heard of them before now. Any other similar recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clothes Optional
Oct 3, 2004

companion. posted:

Thanks Clothes Optional, I'm really enjoying Trenches. Never heard of them before now. Any other similar recommendations?

I think their sound is pretty unique, but Last.fm lists Swallow the Ocean, Twinzero, and At The Soundawn as similar bands. I haven't heard any of those but might be worth checking out.

On the emo side of things, I just discovered a band called Benton Falls and both of their albums are gonna rank among my favorites of all time.