Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
japii
Mar 25, 2003

japii like nivek.

tacosupreme posted:

Who wants to share the COD 4 map pack with me?

Sony refuses my credit card so if I could paypal you some bucks to download it, thatd be great.

Or if you want to team up and buy a new one, talk to me too.

Email:cpage01@gmail.com
aim:i82larjpizzas

Now's the time, it's only 5 bucks this week. I just bought it a little bit ago for $10 too. It's worth it though, I like the new maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
No reason not to throw this up a little early. Since Wipeout is next week, I'd like to get a little game share going on.

So far in my group I have:

quote:

Me
Kemiam
Denim Demon

I'm doing the account share, and 2 more slots are open. And if you have a problem giving me an extra 50 cents for my NY sales tax you can just piss off and not join us. So there.

japii
Mar 25, 2003

japii like nivek.
Man I'm tempted, but I think I'll just pay full price for this one, it's gonna be so awesome anyway (this is very very unlike me, I don't like paying for things).

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy

tacosupreme posted:

Who wants to share the COD 4 map pack with me?

Sony refuses my credit card so if I could paypal you some bucks to download it, thatd be great.

Or if you want to team up and buy a new one, talk to me too.

Email:cpage01@gmail.com
aim:i82larjpizzas

Blockbuster sells points cards

TheArtist 314 posted:

No reason not to throw this up a little early. Since Wipeout is next week, I'd like to get a little game share going on.

I'm doing the account share, and 2 more slots are open. And if you have a problem giving me an extra 50 cents for my NY sales tax you can just piss off and not join us. So there.

Just buy Wipeout. No reason not to buy an awesome game.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Eh, I get what you guys are saying but I don't have a huge interest, probably wouldn't buy it solo, but I had people who were in for a share, so I figure why not.

japii
Mar 25, 2003

japii like nivek.

TheArtist 314 posted:

Eh, I get what you guys are saying but I don't have a huge interest, probably wouldn't buy it solo, but I had people who were in for a share, so I figure why not.

Ya, don't let people in here try to guilt trip you, it's no different from sharing all the other games that hundreds of people have been sharing in here.

I'm still tempted to go in with you guys just cause I like share groups... If there is still a space by this evening I might take it.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

TheArtist 314 posted:

I'll get it on this.

japii
Mar 25, 2003

japii like nivek.
edit:

actually against my own advice not to let people guilt trip you, nail rat is right, I'd like to give these guys my full $20.

japii fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 20, 2008

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

japii posted:

Ya, don't let people in here try to guilt trip you, it's no different from sharing all the other games that hundreds of people have been sharing in here.

I'm not a fan of game sharing in general(I think it's why XBLA keeps getting a lot more games even though Microsoft keeps cutting developer royalties), but I think it is a little different, as this isn't a little game that cost only $100,000 to make. They had as many people working on this as work on a lot of $60 games, and they're charging only $20 for it. That's a pretty nice deal in what is probably an attempt to rekindle interest in the series...but still a great deal for a game that'll probably be a more fulfilling experience than Motorstorm was at a third of the price.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Nail Rat posted:

I'm not a fan of game sharing in general(I think it's why XBLA keeps getting a lot more games even though Microsoft keeps cutting developer royalties), but I think it is a little different, as this isn't a little game that cost only $100,000 to make. They had as many people working on this as work on a lot of $60 games, and they're charging only $20 for it. That's a pretty nice deal in what is probably an attempt to rekindle interest in the series...but still a great deal for a game that'll probably be a more fulfilling experience than Motorstorm was at a third of the price.

I completely see your point, and I'm not arguing that anyone saying "don't share" is wrong. But, I wouldn't be getting the game otherwise and I'm sure I'm not alone. Games I really wanted I bought at full price, including the PJM games, Bionic Commando and Warhawk and its 3 expansions. It's not a money issue, I just don't feel my $20 should go towards a game that I'm not sure of, and there happens to be an interest in going in with a few people to get it for less.

I understand what you guys are arguing and I think devs should be supported, but I think we need to agree to disagree. If Sony really wanted to let more profit in, they could've disabled sharing like GT5:P and Warhawk's main game. It's been done before and it could've been done now; it hasn't, and there is at least some interest in a share.

I'll gladly take this to PMs if anyone wants to discuss it outside of the thread. And if you don't like sharing, then simply don't participate in it, but Sony has allowed it as an option, so I see nothing wrong with it.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

TheArtist 314 posted:

I completely see your point, and I'm not arguing that anyone saying "don't share" is wrong. But, I wouldn't be getting the game otherwise and I'm sure I'm not alone. Games I really wanted I bought at full price, including the PJM games, Bionic Commando and Warhawk and its 3 expansions. It's not a money issue, I just don't feel my $20 should go towards a game that I'm not sure of, and there happens to be an interest in going in with a few people to get it for less.

I agree, I have spent quite a bit on the PSN, but nearly all through gameshares.

I honestly believe I would have only like, PJM, Fat Princess, and maybe a few others had game-shares not been an option. I buy pretty much every decent game now, and as a result of that. I don't feel like I'm cheating the developers. I just don't have a job during the school year, so it's either they get 0$ from me, or 2-5$ from me. I wouldn't buy Wipeout for 20$, but for 4$, it's an obvious buy for me. I don't enjoy the type of game, but I figure, for 4$ if I play it for just a few hours, it was worth the purchase.

This thread isn't about whether or not you agree with game-sharing, it's to organize them, so we should stop de-railing the thread.

PrinceXXX
May 7, 2004

Jamit posted:

I'd be interested in a American rock band share. I'm actually from Europe, but since I imported it, I think Americans the way to go, and its worked so far for the couple of songs I've bought.

Anyone have an idea how much the rock band content would go for?

I'm also up for quest for booty if anyone's looking to get that, American or European.
I'm looking for US rockband DLC. definitely Keen to join a sharing group for this.

Ichiban Crush
Dec 11, 2004

Titter Titter (Circumflex Underscore Circumflex)
Don't know if this one is even possible, but I'm looking for the Soul Caliber 4 Limited Edition exclusive DLC (the clothes and all).

I'm willing to consider other stuff too.

For trade:
Bionic Commando Rearmed
PAIN (with one of the characters unlocked. I rarely play it)
Pixeljunk Monsters
Rampage World Tour
Qore #1
Commando 3
Lemmings
R-TYPES (PS1)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ichiban Crush posted:

Don't know if this one is even possible, but I'm looking for the Soul Caliber 4 Limited Edition exclusive DLC (the clothes and all).

I'm willing to consider other stuff too.

For trade:
Bionic Commando Rearmed
PAIN (with one of the characters unlocked. I rarely play it)
Pixeljunk Monsters
Rampage World Tour
Qore #1
Commando 3
Lemmings
R-TYPES (PS1)

You can currently only get most of the SC4 DLC on the Japanese Network Store. They're fairly cheap too, you could probably buy like a 1000¥ Ticket from eBay/Play-Asia and get them. The Pre-Order Business Suit went up on the 17th. The three currently not on the NA Store come out to around 750¥

If anyone does happen to have them though, uh, do you have Shiki-Tei and the expansions?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Edit: Have to cancel sorry. Gonna do this + another game with some others.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 20, 2008

Ichiban Crush
Dec 11, 2004

Titter Titter (Circumflex Underscore Circumflex)

Policenaut posted:

You can currently only get most of the SC4 DLC on the Japanese Network Store.

Will they still work w/ the US version? I know it's region free and all, but I wasn't sure about DLC.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Ok, I'm a bit late to this party.

I'm looking for a couple of long-term sharing partners - I don't want to do individual swaps - just an open account that we can contribute to and download from whenever we get something new.

I have.

Bionic Commando Rearmed
Pixeljunk Eden
GT Prologue
Pixeljunk Monsters
Calling All Cars
Super Stardust HD
Flow + Expansion
Loco Roco
Gripshift
Super Rub a Dub
Tekken 5 + Online

I currently want.

Siren
Pain + Expanion
Ratchet and Clank QFB

No platinum so mail me at frozenspam42 at geemail dot com.

DiminishedAngel
Jul 21, 2007

This Is My Story, Bitches
Been a while.

Wipeout HD drops this week. If I remember, my old PSN sharing group was mcmaken, diviance, spincut and... someone else? Are all of you down for sharing Wipeout?

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
DiminishedAngel, if you don't remember who your last was, would you mind if I got in on the share for WipEout HD?

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
If any group(or anyone) is looking for an extra share for this thursday's RockBand DLC (Rush's Moving Pictures with or without the 6 other tracks), I'm in.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Still looking for a 5th member for a Wipeout only share group. So far I have:

quote:

Me
Kemiam
Denim Demon
Traxis

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
TheArtist 314, you're looking for a 5th for WipEout? I'd be in.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

ChewyLSB posted:

TheArtist 314, you're looking for a 5th for WipEout? I'd be in.

Bummer, no platinum? Yeah if you'd like I need a 5th. Anyway I can contact you outside the site since you don't have PMs?

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
If anyone is starting a Wipeout HD and Megaman 9 group, please include me in your group.

Robdog
Nov 6, 2002

DiminishedAngel posted:

Been a while.

Wipeout HD drops this week. If I remember, my old PSN sharing group was mcmaken, diviance, spincut and... someone else? Are all of you down for sharing Wipeout?

The other guy was me. Yeah I'll be up for a wipeout share. I'm also looking to share Mega Man 9, but if our group don't want it I'd be up for joining another group just for that.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core

TheArtist 314 posted:

Bummer, no platinum? Yeah if you'd like I need a 5th. Anyway I can contact you outside the site since you don't have PMs?

Oh drat, sorry. You can AIM me at ChewyLS or MSN at ChewyLS at MSN dot com. You can e-mail me at ChewyLSB at gmail dot com.

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy

TheArtist 314 posted:

It's not a money issue, I just don't feel my $20 should go towards a game that I'm not sure of, and there happens to be an interest in going in with a few people to get it for less.

Then don't buy it then.

quote:

I understand what you guys are arguing and I think devs should be supported, but I think we need to agree to disagree. If Sony really wanted to let more profit in, they could've disabled sharing like GT5:P and Warhawk's main game. It's been done before and it could've been done now; it hasn't, and there is at least some interest in a share.

It's that attitude that will get Sony to turn off the pipe.

Small games are fine to game share. But I wouldn't game share Burnout either.

But to each their own.

Trent-Easton
Nov 24, 2005

How fascinating it is to watch the machinations of one´s own mind play themselves out.
I'm looking for a group for Megaman 9. I can pay.
Yeeeeeeep.

(sup shards)

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

ChewyLSB posted:

Oh drat, sorry. You can AIM me at ChewyLS or MSN at ChewyLS at MSN dot com. You can e-mail me at ChewyLSB at gmail dot com.

Cool, check your email.

As for my other group, you all already paid so expect emails/PMs come Thursday.

Zarrr
Oct 1, 2001

Shards of Fate posted:

If anyone is starting a Wipeout HD and Megaman 9 group, please include me in your group.
I'll start one. So far it's just us two. Three spots left.

Who else wants in?

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
I want to be in a megaman group. I would also like to purchase protoman as well.

Trent-Easton
Nov 24, 2005

How fascinating it is to watch the machinations of one´s own mind play themselves out.

Zarrr posted:

Who else wants in?

Yeeeeep.
Hope we get the protoman upgrade as well.

mcmaken6
Oct 15, 2001
Slippery when wet.

DiminishedAngel posted:

Been a while.

Wipeout is good for me. I'm seconding Megaman 9.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:
I'm up for a group share of Megaman 9 and it's DLC.

No freebie this time, though. v:v:v

Jakio
Oct 1, 2006
Mexican Goon
I am also interested in siren first, and maybe bionic commando rearmed and monochrome (sp)

PSN : JoachimGrissom

contact info: fake (dot) protoman at geemail (dot) com

lolpants
Feb 10, 2007

stop it jerkface.

Zarrr posted:

Who else wants in?

I am down for wipeout and megaman. You can PM me or send an e-mail to bean_dot_burrito2 at gmail_dot_com.

lolpants fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 23, 2008

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008

Zarrr posted:

Who else wants in?

im in pm or degolyer at live dot com

SpeedRazor
Feb 5, 2005

SpeedRazor posted:

Looking for 3 people to get Jeopardy and Last Guy later today after Jeopardy hits the store. Would be $5.82 per person after tax and paypal fees.

1.) SpeedRazor
2.) total
3.) wildlele
4.) Robdog
5.) you

wildlele and Robdog, do you plan on getting Wipeout this week? If you're both not already in a group we can use the same account to get that. Let me know if you're interested.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

SpeedRazor posted:

wildlele and Robdog, do you plan on getting Wipeout this week? If you're both not already in a group we can use the same account to get that. Let me know if you're interested.

I'm down with wipeout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuryK
May 5, 2004
MTFN Residential god.

Zarrr posted:

Who else wants in?

Sign me up. finalfuryk @ gmail

I'm in for Mega Man and Wipeout plus some older stuff like Bionic Commando and Ratchet and Clank.

• Locked thread