Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mistah Kurtz
Sep 21, 2008

G. Hosafat posted:

I just can't get over the fact that everything David Leibe does is pretty much him being himself. Each different species of alien has it's own special purpose to remind you to do something mundane, like drink milk. It is a wholesome, innocent sort of crazy.

I really hope that's not the case. I've heard a lot of people suggest he may not be 'in on the joke', but James Quall obviously is - he was a comedy club owner. I saw a strange public access show starring DLH and James Quall, which leads me to believe the public access show was meant to be funny.

But if he really is crazy then shame on Heidecker and Wareheim for exploiting him like that. Still, I'm a huge fan of everything they've done. On the other hand though, maybe they're doing a favor for a crazy person by letting him get his milk drinking school-staying-in son-having doll-kissing philosophy out to more people.

Once the Tim and Eric enigma is explained I bet it'll be a lot less interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Mistah Kurtz posted:

But if he really is crazy then shame on Heidecker and Wareheim for exploiting him like that.

On the other hand, they're giving the guy a lot of work that he wouldn't get elsewhere.

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting
The way this episode opens is probably my favorite opening scene of any Awesome Show episode ever.

G. Hosafat
Apr 16, 2003

:m10:

Mistah Kurtz posted:

I really hope that's not the case. I've heard a lot of people suggest he may not be 'in on the joke', but James Quall obviously is - he was a comedy club owner. I saw a strange public access show starring DLH and James Quall, which leads me to believe the public access show was meant to be funny.

But if he really is crazy then shame on Heidecker and Wareheim for exploiting him like that. Still, I'm a huge fan of everything they've done. On the other hand though, maybe they're doing a favor for a crazy person by letting him get his milk drinking school-staying-in son-having doll-kissing philosophy out to more people.

Once the Tim and Eric enigma is explained I bet it'll be a lot less interesting.

I suggest reading the interview linked somewhere in the last few pages. They said that they adopted him as their dad and try to make sure that DL Hart understands what he is getting into. I like that they call him a performance artist, it implies that there is a deliberate message and some contemplation behind the crazyness of his "puppet shows." Also I don't find DL Harts belief in aliens any more insane that some of the more bizarre religions/cults that people follow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've been pretty clear in every interview that everyone they have on the show knows what they're getting into.

Something I'm wondering though is how much improv is done with the kids in the acting school sketches.

Anyway for tonight's episode, I didn't notice it when watching online but the song they played during the whole park sketch was from The Bird and The Bee.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
i dont know if anyones seen this yet, but check it out... whack a chippy!

http://www.adultswim.com/promos/fairandexpo/index.html

though, the lamest thing is that it's going to be a free event but only open to students & faculty of the colleges they're hitting.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

The Casey cd is funny but oh god, people like me who have very weak stomachs should not listen to it on headphones while walking around. I thought I was gonna puke. :(

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

though, the lamest thing is that it's going to be a free event but only open to students & faculty of the colleges they're hitting.

Probably because the college itself is paying them so....

Carrot Wheel
May 6, 2007

time is like a circle which is endlessly described

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Ah, dammit. Finally they're coming to Michigan, and I'm not a U of M student.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Are Tim and Eric going to be appearing there?

The Sponge
Sep 15, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Mistah Kurtz posted:

I really hope that's not the case. I've heard a lot of people suggest he may not be 'in on the joke',

He has to be. Leibe has been doing comedy shows for years, like with robin williams and even the daily show.

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting

Carrot Wheel posted:

Ah, dammit. Finally they're coming to Michigan, and I'm not a U of M student.
I'm wondering now how closely they're going to be looking at student IDs. I have a ton of friends at NC State, and am asking myself if it'd be worth trying to get in with one of theirs.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Babylonian posted:

I'm wondering now how closely they're going to be looking at student IDs. I have a ton of friends at NC State, and am asking myself if it'd be worth trying to get in with one of theirs.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Or maybe my UNC OneCard will get me in, haha.

Anyway I doubt T and E will be making an appearance. It seems like just a bunch of goofy carnival poo poo to promote adult swim.

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting
The last episode of the season, Brownies, is this week!

Lord Wexia posted:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Or maybe my UNC OneCard will get me in, haha.
If there turns out to be a loophole and all students in the UNC system can get in, I'll be able to get in too! :unsmith:

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Where can I buy/get this new Uncle Muscles CD?

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb
I got the season 1 DVD for my roommate. I was really enjoying the extra scenes and behind the scenes stuff. One of the 'cut' scenes, they split into three segments, was about two guys in jail. It totally sucked! I understood that they were 'cut' scenes, but the other ones were funny. I think they put this on the DVD as a joke. I think they never intended it to be funny, it is so far from funny!

Has anyone else seen that? What do you think?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

dongworkforyuda posted:

I got the season 1 DVD for my roommate. I was really enjoying the extra scenes and behind the scenes stuff. One of the 'cut' scenes, they split into three segments, was about two guys in jail. It totally sucked! I understood that they were 'cut' scenes, but the other ones were funny. I think they put this on the DVD as a joke. I think they never intended it to be funny, it is so far from funny!

I thought that jail skit was hilarious, but different strokes for different folks, I guess. I don't think it would have worked in an episode though.

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dongworkforyuda posted:

The first few seconds of each of those segments is pretty good, the badass I'M A CRIMINAL, RARR!! PRISON'S A BITCH!! bit followed by him in a prison cell, chatting with a mild-mannered old asian man in the next cell over.

They were way too long.

R. Totale
Jul 14, 2005

dongworkforyuda posted:

I thought those were hilarious. Mostly for that Asian guy, because I would crack up whenever he said anything.

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb
Granted, it might be funny upon rewatching, but I just didn't really get it. I understand the 'it's so serious that it's funny' aspect, and the awkwardness of the characters.

I felt a lot of the cut stuff wasn't quite the style they've been using on the show.

These guys have basically made tons of better stuff than that jail skit. I even prefer o mama.

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.

dongworkforyuda posted:

These guys have basically made tons of better stuff than that jail skit. I even prefer o mama.

O mama kicks rear end, man. Don't even.

I think the jail sketch was pretty funny, just not as funny as it should have been in theory, which is why it was shitcanned

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Looks like Eric's done some more music video directing work:

:nws: http://vimeo.com/1746877 :nws:

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?

Spraynard Kruger posted:

The video has already been pulled. I'm disappointed in you.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Weird posted:

Where can I buy/get this new Uncle Muscles CD?

If you use Zune you can get it from their marketplace.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Spraynard Kruger posted:

If anybody grabbed the .mov of this i would love it if they could re-upload it. I have a copy of the .flv in my cache and i'll try to get it back up on youtube.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Despite the actual content of the video it was pretty cool

Or maybe because of the content...

DarkSun6890
Sep 16, 2005
The Magic Turkey Sandwich Box and I
I'm so glad I saw it before it was pulled. It was super weird, but way cooler than any of their other music videos in my opinion. Somebody get it up.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Spraynard Kruger posted:

New link!

http://timandericfiles.doneconsulting.com/fl.mov

G. Hosafat
Apr 16, 2003

Oh my god. I need a few minutes to process that.

Who made the music?

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

G. Hosafat posted:

Oh my god. I need a few minutes to process that.

Who made the music?

Flying Lotus, who is apparently responsible for some of Adult Swim's music during bumps.

dolvlo
Apr 13, 2007

by Ozma
That was amazing

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting
That music video was loving great.

dongworkforyuda posted:

I felt a lot of the cut stuff wasn't quite the style they've been using on the show.
I think this is true of some stuff like the jackass parody they cut from Season 1, but some stuff like the prison sketches and the extended version of the Spraynard prank call should absolutely have been on the show.

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Brownies is up!

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a2505951c8b78da011c9b4087b0005f

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006
Brownie Mountain is a strange and awful place where the human consciousness should not linger.

Police Academy 6
Jul 12, 2006

It says that Michael Ian Black is in this episode but I don't see him anywhere : (

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Police Academy 6 posted:

It says that Michael Ian Black is in this episode but I don't see him anywhere : (

I don't remember seeing Bob either.

DarkSun6890
Sep 16, 2005
The Magic Turkey Sandwich Box and I

escape artist posted:

I don't remember seeing Bob either.

The Facts Machine.

But I have no idea about Michael Ian Black.

Trilobyte
Sep 28, 2007

by Fragmaster
My god...the credits make it seem like it's the last episode ever. :(

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.
that episode was awesome. just saying.

G. Hosafat
Apr 16, 2003

The final song was far out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!
holy poo poo, was that frank black (black francis) singing the end credits?