Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

MattWPBS posted:

Are you sure you're not talking about Trencher?

oh yeah you're right, it is Trencher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hindsight Is 20:20 My Friends is out now
I like it
Too bad they're breaking up

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Holy poo poo, FC FIVE and Ruiner are playing at the ICC in Allston, MA in October. :monocle:

My life is complete.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh hey look
Less Than Jake, the Ergs, and BTMI are playing on Long Island at the end of the month
Wish I would've known so I could've made some calls and gone
Dammit

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

zeldadude posted:

Holy poo poo, FC FIVE and Ruiner are playing at the ICC in Allston, MA in October. :monocle:

My life is complete.

Wow, I didn't realize that FC Five had enough of a following for a trip like that.

Also, when is that show? I've been digging on FC Five since hearing them a couple weeks ago.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

zeldadude posted:

My life is complete.

going to that one.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Inspector_71 posted:

Wow, I didn't realize that FC Five had enough of a following for a trip like that.

Also, when is that show? I've been digging on FC Five since hearing them a couple weeks ago.

October 26th. go go

Only a week or so after The Mongoloids, Pellinore, COA, and Living Hell. Going to be nuts as well.

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news
my new band just played with These Arms are Snakes and sBACH (spencer from hella)

someone got some songs on tape, and since it's the only audio we have of us right now, try to enjoy. i was borrowing an amp last minute; didn't have much time to control the feedback + lovely pots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZLh2D7KXwI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LufiXu22SpM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRknFOvwpgM

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Has anyone seen Fear Before the March of Flames (Or now Fear Before...) recently? They're playing at this bar around where I live and I've yet to see them but I've always been somewhat interested in them.

I'll probably go regardless, but how do they stack up live?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

-Atom- posted:

Has anyone seen Fear Before the March of Flames (Or now Fear Before...) recently? They're playing at this bar around where I live and I've yet to see them but I've always been somewhat interested in them.

I'll probably go regardless, but how do they stack up live?

They're pretty awesome, I was at a show with only about 30 people a year ago and it was a very cool experience. Their newer stuff is ever more experimental, so I'd definitely check them out if you've never seen them play before. I was gonna go see them back in August but they played a day before my buddies and I came back from our camping trip. :(

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
Genghis tron with bison bc yesterday was pretty sick. Sound sucked bad compared to last time but that was like the sweetest basement show ever so it didn't really stand a chance. New ottawa band alaskan was playing, good stuff. They have a myspace but the song sucks and they're better live. http://www.myspace.com/alaskanband

Parachute you going to bury your dead/for the fallen dreams in 2 days? I don't really care about those bands but I wanna see people destroy everything.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Pantalones! posted:

Parachute you going to bury your dead/for the fallen dreams in 2 days? I don't really care about those bands but I wanna see people destroy everything.

I'm flooded with assignments right now so probably not; what's the venue though?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

DSB got denied entry into the USA. Tour is canceled. gently caress BORDER CUSTOMS.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

God damnit, why is Municipal Waste touring with the Casualties.
The lineup for the Philly show is so disappointing. Waste, Casualties, Boils. Might be the first Waste show I've passed up in years.

Machine Gun
Aug 22, 2006

what a fucking nightmare
fffffffuck the UN limited edition CD sold out and I can't find it anywhere.

Anybody have an extra copy? I'll make it worth the trouble

Xenu
Apr 28, 2004

Wizard Mannequin posted:

The lineup for the Philly show is so disappointing. Waste, Casualties, Boils. Might be the first Waste show I've passed up in years.

what :(

I was expecting better from Municipal Waste, gently caress.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Wizard Mannequin posted:

As sad as it is for me to admit this, but I pretty much cut my teeth on the early to mid 90's Boils/Violent Society PA scene. I'd still go just to say hey to Greg again.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone recommend some newer punk bands that the singers don't scream/growl the lyrics. I like a lot of the songs behind the screaming stuff, but I just can't get into the screaming of lyrics. I'm a big fan of Bad Religion and Dead Kennedy's if that helps any.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

EvilRobot posted:

As sad as it is for me to admit this, but I pretty much cut my teeth on the early to mid 90's Boils/Violent Society PA scene. I'd still go just to say hey to Greg again.

Does anyone know what Mike from Violent Society/The Vote is doing these days? We played with The Vote a bunch a few years back and I still love their two full lengths. I hope he's still making music.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
bury your dead crashed their van on the highway. Guitarist I think needed leg surgery. No one died thankfully.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Pantalones! posted:

bury your dead crashed their van on the highway. Guitarist I think needed leg surgery. No one died thankfully.

wow, that band is still around? well barely now i guess.

Clothes Optional
Oct 3, 2004
Thursday/Envy split leaked. Listening right now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Clothes Optional posted:

Thursday/Envy split leaked. Listening right now.

:aaa:

I must go scour the internet. When is the release date? I pre-ordered it without even looking.

EDIT: :gizz:

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 25, 2008

Clothes Optional
Oct 3, 2004

Inspector_71 posted:

:aaa:

I must go scour the internet. When is the release date? I pre-ordered it without even looking.

EDIT: :gizz:

The Envy part is epic, and I kinda like the first Thursday track but their part isn't very good imo.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I love the whole thing.

Clothes Optional
Oct 3, 2004
The last track is an all-time great, def. up there with Go Mad and Mark and Cradle of Arguments and Anxiousness for me

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think my favorite Envy track on it is Isolation And Loneliness. It sounds like an "All The Footprints" track, which is more than fine by me.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
I think the first track on there, the Thursday song, sounds more like All the Footprints-era Envy than Envy does on this whole thing.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I liked the Thursday side, it sounds like they just listened to a bunch of Envy before recording it and it blends well together which I guess was the intent considering the song names formulating a sentence. Envy is loving awesome though, and Thursday's got nothing on them.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I love thursday.
Anyone aware of any decent hardcore UK tours in the UK?
I heard something about verse but can't find gently caress all.
I really want a decent gig :(

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

Here's an album from a local ska/punk band. (Local: Dallas/Fort Worth)

I've been blasting it for about a year now, thought you guys might dig it.

Well, some of you.

They're called Detonate, and it's called Television.

http://rapidshare.com/files/148657065/Television.rar.html

EDIT: Moved to the Ska thread, I think maybe that it fits better in that thread.

Flutch fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 27, 2008

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Hey guys, I'm always looking to check out new hardcore bands so I was wondering what's popular right now.

I really like Envy, Converge, Shai Hulud, Glassjaw, Hot Cross, International Superheroes of Hardcore and I really like United Nations.

It would be nice if the OP could provide a "10 influential/popular hardcore bands", "10 influential/popular emo bands" lists but that's probably too much work.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Sep 27, 2008

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
If you like ISH then get the new H20 album, I believe that it is produced by the same guy and is amazing.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Corbet posted:

Hey guys, I'm always looking to check out new hardcore bands so I was wondering what's popular right now.

I really like Envy, Converge, Shai Hulud, Glassjaw, Hot Cross, International Superheroes of Hardcore and I really like United Nations.

It would be nice if the OP could provide a "10 influential/popular hardcore bands", "10 influential/popular emo bands" lists but that's probably too much work.

If you're into the thick guitar sound of Converge/stuff produced by Ballou, check out pretty much anything out on Deathwish Inc. Lots of really good hardcore bands on that label, and there's a page on their site with a preview of every band so you don't need to check all their myspaces.

For emo, I'm a total fag for Funeral Diner, Who Calls so Loud, Daitro, Amanda Woodward, Circle Takes the Square, etc. If you like any of those, I can name a few more later.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Yeah, look into Funeral Diner, Who Call So Loud and Daitro for sure. There's also Heaven In Her Arms.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Unicorns bite, but their bites feel GOOD.
I'm not sure I can condone the listening to of Glassjaw and Shai Hulud, but in no particular order, here are some good emo bands: Native Nod, Indian Summer, La Quiete, Raein, Anomie, Off Minor, Orchid, Mohinder, Saetia, Mihai Edrisch, The Hareste, Eulcid, Joshua Fit for Battle, Pg. 99, Neil Perry, Kontrapunkt, Swing Kids, Shotmaker, Maximilian Colby, Universal Order of Armageddon, Portraits of Past, Moss Icon, Rites of Spring, Embrace, mid-80s Dag Nasty, and if you want to consider Stop It!! and The Van Pelt (ex-Native Nod) emo, them, too.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Cease the Glassjaw hate or I will be forced to do something drastic :mad:

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Unicorns bite, but their bites feel GOOD.

Inspector_71 posted:

Cease the Glassjaw hate or I will be forced to do something drastic :mad:
Like listen to Glassjaw?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Touche Mr. Megiddo, touche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

Holy poo poo it's been way too long since I last listened to Converge. I'm listening to Jane Doe right now and it's kicking my rear end.