Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slack3r
Feb 20, 2004
10 big ones for a 25 year old generic crapbox? Where do I send the moneys!?!?

------------------------------------
WOW!!! Here's the nicest unrestored 25 year old car you'll ever see! This Olds 98 Regency 2dr is a rare find in this condition. Immaculate paint, body, and interior. One slight dent on the RF fender that isn't very noticeable, other than that, this car is in "like new" condition. Always garaged, never seen snow, this car belonged to my friend's mom and she "special ordered" it from the GM Dealer in Aberdeen, SD. ALL service has been performed there, and ONLY there. This was her pride and joy, and it shows. You really have to see this car in person to fully appreciate it. It can be viewed in Sioux Falls @ 4201 E. 10th St, near the corner of 10th and Sycamore. Ask for my friend Jim or call him at 605-271-7164. (You may also contact me via email or by phone @ 605-929-3600-Michael). We are accepting offers on this car and we're hoping for $10,000. Yes, that's a lot. But wait, how much would a near new luxury car cost you today? This one has 30,000 miles and is in PRISTINE condition. And they're not making Oldsmobiles anymore. How much would a pristine Buick with 30K miles cost today? Seriously, if you want to be set apart from the crowd, if you don't want to drive just another "bar of soap" down the road, (that's what most new cars look like to me) or if you just have an appreciation for older cars, this may be the car for you. At least come look at it, but be careful, you might just fall in love. She's a beauty. Thanks for reading, God Bless. Michael

---------------------------------------------
http://sd.craigslist.org/cto/851061072.html

I will post a screen shot later. Working now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Slack3r posted:

10 big ones for a 25 year old generic crapbox? Where do I send the moneys!?!?

Someone will probably pay that and turn it into a donk or whatever the hell they call the cars with the huge rims and gaudy paintjobs.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Saw an ad in my local classifieds for a 1981 Firebird COLLECTORS CAR in "very good condition" asking looking for $10K yesterday.

Just because it's from the early 80s does not mean it is now a COLLECTORS CAR folks.

star trek extra credit
Jun 3, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

trailbreaker

Yeah, those are dual wheel drive.

Possibly the most awesome part about them is the wheels are hollow and specifically built to hold water or fuel.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

VanFullOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, those are dual wheel drive.

Possibly the most awesome part about them is the wheels are hollow and specifically built to hold water or fuel.

that is pretty amazing...i want one.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

slidebite posted:

Saw an ad in my local classifieds for a 1981 Firebird COLLECTORS CAR in "very good condition" asking looking for $10K yesterday.

Just because it's from the early 80s does not mean it is now a COLLECTORS CAR folks.

Firebird people are pretty serious about their Firebirds. To one of them, it might be worth that, if it is in REALLY good condition. (And if it's the right trim level)

Wasn't 81 one of the years with the turbo V8?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

VideoTapir posted:

Firebird people are pretty serious about their Firebirds. To one of them, it might be worth that, if it is in REALLY good condition. (And if it's the right trim level)

Wasn't 81 one of the years with the turbo V8?

While I agree with your (and yes, 81 hard the blown 301 crap block) this one wasn't one of those and it is merely in "very good condition"

$10K, even in the land of overpriced cars I live in only legitimately possible for a mint, or close to, unmolested somewhat rare car.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Uh, you do what now? Has anyone heard anything about anyone LEGALLY importing Skylines again?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

VideoTapir posted:

Uh, you do what now? Has anyone heard anything about anyone LEGALLY importing Skylines again?
No but I hear of alot of people illegally slipping Imports through customs then register it as a 240sx conversion or some crap. Not sure the exact process the the end result is a registered skyline, too bad most of the kids buying these don't know that a registered car isn't the same as a legally registered car.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

VideoTapir posted:

The GTS/GTR R33 Skylines are eligible for importation according to the DOT.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CARS/RULES/IMPORT/elig050108.pdf

The YCP number assigned to is an "eligibility numbers are assigned to vehicles that are decided to be eligible under 49 U.S.C. §30141(a)(1)(B), based on a petition from a manufacturer or registered importer which establishes that the vehicle has safety features that comply with, or are capable of being altered to comply with, all applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards."

So yeah, it can be legally imported just as long as the right modifications are made.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

kimcicle posted:

The GTS/GTR R33 Skylines are eligible for importation according to the DOT.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CARS/RULES/IMPORT/elig050108.pdf

The YCP number assigned to is an "eligibility numbers are assigned to vehicles that are decided to be eligible under 49 U.S.C. §30141(a)(1)(B), based on a petition from a manufacturer or registered importer which establishes that the vehicle has safety features that comply with, or are capable of being altered to comply with, all applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards."

So yeah, it can be legally imported just as long as the right modifications are made.

The problem is having all the correct information to do the right modifications and being able to prove it. The problem is becoming a registered importer eligible to import that particular vehicle. Or else there would have been more than two companies doing it previously. Rumor had it that Motorex (the company that got the R33 approved) actually crashed tested them, and they were holding on tight to the data.

Considering how big a deal Motorex going under was, I would have thought someone restarting the legal importation of Skylines again would have been a big deal, too.

Also, he claims he can get R34s. Unless he just got those added, those aren't legal. (That's part of why Motorex went out of business.) At least one of the agencies involved (I believe it was DOT) has stated they do not intend to go after the R34s erroneously imported by Motorex before they stopped. So if he has lines on a few of those, I could see him claiming to have access to de facto sort-of-legal R34s. Otherwise, no.

Aeilerto
Mar 3, 2007

Freedom Fries!

VideoTapir posted:

The problem is having all the correct information to do the right modifications and being able to prove it. The problem is becoming a registered importer eligible to import that particular vehicle. Or else there would have been more than two companies doing it previously. Rumor had it that Motorex (the company that got the R33 approved) actually crashed tested them, and they were holding on tight to the data.

Considering how big a deal Motorex going under was, I would have thought someone restarting the legal importation of Skylines again would have been a big deal, too.

Also, he claims he can get R34s. Unless he just got those added, those aren't legal. (That's part of why Motorex went out of business.) At least one of the agencies involved (I believe it was DOT) has stated they do not intend to go after the R34s erroneously imported by Motorex before they stopped. So if he has lines on a few of those, I could see him claiming to have access to de-facto sort-of-legal R34s. Otherwise, no.

Motorex actually didn't do the crash testing, it was all done by a company called J.K. Technologies (a company that previously imported and modified Ferrari F-50's, among other things). Motorex was simply licensing the product. JK still imports them, as they are a registered importer and can make the modification to the R33 in order to make it federally legal.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/FAQ%20Site/pages/page10.html

Now,up until recently, JK had a confidentiality agreement with the NHTSA regarding the things that had to be done to a skyline to satisfy the feds that the vehicle met DOT safety standards;

NHTSA posted:

Please note that we determined the vehicle eligible for importation based on its capability of being modified to comply with all applicable standards. We did not approve J.K. Technologies, LLC as the "exclusive" importer of the vehicle. As previously indicated, any other RI is free to import the vehicle, but will have to demonstrate in the conformity package submitted to the agency to obtain release of the conformance bond furnished at the time of importation that the vehicle has been brought into conformity with all applicable standards, including those covered by the grant of confidentiality to J.K. Technologies, LLC.

However, the confidentiality agreement just very recently (March 13, 2008) expired, so now any RI (registered importer) can make the modifications.

http://www.nicoclub.com/articles/NHTSA-update.pdf

HOWEVER, this excludes one of the biggest things left to do when bringing in a skyline; OBDII emissions. JK technologies, looking to get their cornered market back, was one of the first to find a way to do this, but the fact is that in the grand scheme of modifying skylines to be federally legal this is one of the smallest parts, so I wouldn't be surprised now that every other step has been made public that some other RI will also find a way to do this.

Keep in mind that most RI's make their money importing things like Ferrari's, Porsche's, and other such exotica, so a $20,000 Japanese car isn't high up on their priority list.

Recently, the DHS has started confiscating illegally imported skyline's, don't ask me how this ended up on their priorities, but it did, so if you have one of the so-called "state legal" skyline's, it may be a good idea to stick it in the garage and consider selling it to somebody in the Bahamas or Canada or some such place with more lenient import regulations. For this reason I would not buy a skyline unless I saw a bond release or NHTSA paperwork.

Pricewise, expect a federally legal R33 to run you anywhere from $40K to $50K depending on condition, mileage, etc.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=75744367&img=http://kijiji.ebayimg.com/i19/08/k/000/7c/8c/a09f_18.JPG?set_id=1C4000

quote:

1976 Chevrolet Corvette
Price: $59,900.00

Date Listed: 21-Sep-08

1976 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, Daytona kit, red viper, gold stripes, back-up camera, a unique show car, new from one end to the other, no expenses were spared, full chrome motor, 35 k. gold on some parts. Matching numbers. Same owner since 25 years. Winner of lots of trophies.

Click here for the full 750x507 image.

Click here for the full 750x409 image.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

We couldn't decide which type of annoying spoiler to use, so we tried them ALL!

Jonontherun
Nov 29, 2003

Brooooooooooooom

That just might be the most retched thing I have ever seen. Jesus. Why the hell would someone build such an abomination?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Oh dear god, it's that thing. I remember seeing it before and wondering why the gently caress someone would think that looks good.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

PISTOL GRIP FOR REALZ

http://elmira.craigslist.org/cto/858828919.html

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

leica posted:

PISTOL GRIP FOR REALZ

Screenshots are nice:

Click here for the full 1265x1049 image.

Best part of the ad:
"car was just taken off the road and runs and drives fine,but does need some work.DONT email and ask what it needs"

Car needs work. But I ain't gonna tell ya what it needs. It's like the mechanic lotto! Spin the wheel of automotive issues!

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Laissez les bons temps rouler

leica posted:

PISTOL GRIP FOR REALZ

the pistol grip is obviously there to compliment the "duel" exhaust.

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Huh huh huh huh huh! And you just said Hi! Hi! Hi! Heh heh heh! You sounded like ahh ha ha my niece! And she's six months old ha ha ha!
Check out what our local Subaru dealership just got in... I guess hunting is big in suburban hell?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/860523282.html

Click here for the full 718x875 image.

The last picture didn't fit in the screeshot.

quote:

It comes with Clock - Analog, 195 horsepower, Rear bucket seats, 6.5 liter V8 engine, Auxilliary gas tank - 17.0, Air conditioning, Compressor - Turbo, Front seat type - Bucket, Rear air conditioning, Rear heat, Automatic Transmission, 4 Doors, Four-wheel drive, Speed-proportional power steering, Traction control - ABS and driveline, Limited slip differential, 4-wheel ABS brakes, Power windows, Power door locks, Center Console - Full with covered storage, 4WD Type - Full-time, Tachometer, Tow Hooks - 2, and more.

VIN: 137ZA8430YE186440
Miles: 32541
Price: $ 67,991.00
Year: 2000
Stock No: CON005
Condition: Used
Make: AM General
Body type: Sport/Utility
Engine: V8 6.5L OHV 16V Turbo
Model: Hummer

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I would buy the poo poo out of that hummer.

Oh wait, $67,000?

I would take out a huge loan for this hummer.

"Hello, Bank? I'd like to take out a $68,000 loan for a Hummer H1 with full hunting stan-"

"Wait, what's going on with the economy?"

"No, I haven't heard anything about this! Does that mean I can't get a lo-"

"Yeah, thanks for laughing, rear end in a top hat." *click*

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Huh huh huh huh huh! And you just said Hi! Hi! Hi! Heh heh heh! You sounded like ahh ha ha my niece! And she's six months old ha ha ha!
And in the other part of the world...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/860534238.html

Whoops, chopped the rest of the text off.

quote:

1979 CHEVY CAPRICE BOMBER RACE CAR RACE READY 350 MOTER 882 HEADS TURBO 350 TRANS.FAST CAR RAN AT CRANDALL 6TH IN POINTS.COMES WITH 2 SPARE WHEELS.
ALSO HAVE 350 SB THAT CAME OUT OF THE CAR BEFORE I BUILT AS A RACE CAR WAS RUNNING WHEN I TOOK IT OUT.ASKING 2800.00 OBO.CALL ME AT 972/768/2754.
THANK YOU DEAN.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/861031720.html

quote:

Here's the deal...

I have 2 Triumph GT-6's to sell as a package deal.
One is a 1973 MK3 that is essentially a parts car. Car is completely intact with all good glass. Has a bit of cancer

Number 2 is a 1968 Mk2 that has a restoration started on it. The engine has been replaced and trans attached with new clutch installed. Body is in good shape, rust is minimal, radiator has been overhauled as has the fuel tank., All the glass is good. I have almost $2000 in parts accumulated for this restoration.

Since my work load has increased, I don't have time to attempt finishing this restoration. My loss is your gain.

Email me if you want to see them

Cheers,

Peter
But the best part is the picture, how detailed!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

tractorcrusher posted:

And in the other part of the world...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/860534238.html

Whoops, chopped the rest of the text off.

Haha, ya I think I've seen that car at Thunderbird(?) Speedway in Crandall. It's great fun, if you can get into it.

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005
Hey have I mentioned yet that my license plate is "TOA5TER"? See, it's kyoot because it's a boxy car! ^_^
I was just browsing for cars (I don't have any money really, but whatever), and came across this:

http://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/861337488.html

gently caress it would take me a couple minutes to rip that spoiler off and I would drive the hell out of that thing. Don't tell me I'm alone in thinking it being RHD is cool as well?

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what

salt the fries! posted:

Don't tell me I'm alone in thinking it being RHD is cool as well?
Not as cool as it having a 13B ROTORY with a TURBO GAUGE.

(Don't buy this one because the seller is clearly retarded.)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

salt the fries! posted:

Don't tell me I'm alone in thinking it being RHD is cool as well?

Someone finally finds something JDM to be nonironically tyte.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

salt the fries! posted:

I was just browsing for cars (I don't have any money really, but whatever), and came across this:

gently caress it would take me a couple minutes to rip that spoiler off and I would drive the hell out of that thing. Don't tell me I'm alone in thinking it being RHD is cool as well?

I don't know why thats listed in a US Craigslist, but the place is in Canada and right hand drive cars are dime a dozen in Canada, you can pick a stock or lightly modified FD up here with around 50,000 miles for between 7-10 grand before tax.

OMGWTFWALLHACK
Jan 28, 2004

Hated by the internet.

The Rocket Salad posted:

Not as cool as it having a 13B ROTORY with a TURBO GAUGE.

(Don't buy this one because the seller is clearly retarded.)

Also, are those wheels off a Pontiac?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
This isn't a private sale, but I think this is the best thread for ":psyduck: I cannot believe they think that will sell"
http://jalopnik.com/5057310/toyota-reveals-venza-project-car-for-sema

Judging by the watermark there, I guess it'll get some traction.

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004
Look at this Camaro!! Whoo!!!
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/861143376.html

I_Like_Me fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 1, 2008

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

deratomicdog posted:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/861031720.html

But the best part is the picture, how detailed!

Holy poo poo! I know that guy! He sold me an 87 Audi 5000 CSTQ Wagon :swoon:

A bit :tinfoil: Almost threw me off his property when I came to look at the Audi because I was driving a "fedmobile" (I WAS driving a fedmobile, actually, 95 Caprice 9C1 in all black). Started talking about how cops spy on him and crazy poo poo like that...

But he had good beer, and I really wanted that Audi wagon...

Cop
Nov 14, 2007
http://omaha.craigslist.org/pts/862851722.html

quote:

I have for sale 4 17 inch ADR rims white in color and 5 spoke for 500.00

I am pretty sure I see 6 spokes.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

I don't know why thats listed in a US Craigslist, but the place is in Canada and right hand drive cars are dime a dozen in Canada, you can pick a stock or lightly modified FD up here with around 50,000 miles for between 7-10 grand before tax.

I dont know whether to hate you or to hook up with a Canadian chick and migrate!

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Slur, your fighting style is extremely problematic!

Cop posted:

http://omaha.craigslist.org/pts/862851722.html

I am pretty sure I see 6 spokes.

Email him that same picture he posted and put numbers 1-6 next to the spokes. Don't write anything else, just send the picture.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
...but aint got no money for gas :(

Click here for the full 1257x607 image.

edit: BITCHIN CAMARO

Click here for the full 1257x952 image.

Pompous Rhombus fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 2, 2008

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
I want that loving Camaro, holy poo poo.

Kaptainballistik posted:

I dont know whether to hate you or to hook up with a Canadian chick and migrate!

The best part is the actual cost of the car in Japan is usually about 1800 dollars for the car off auction in Japan. If you did all the work yourself or had a buddy who was in the industry you could get a decent FD for 6-8,000 on the road in your hands.

If you're still interested and live in a state with decent gun laws we might be able to work something out my friend.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Oh sweet LORD that is a Bitchin' camaro.

If winter wasn't right around the corner, I'd totally sell my Pathfinder for like, $4,000, buy a one-way plane ticket to Miami, and still have, like, $400 left for gas to drive it up to NJ.

If winter wasn't right around the corner.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Pompous Rhombus posted:

edit: BITCHIN CAMARO

Click here for the full 1257x952 image.

What in the gently caress is that thing in the bottom left photo? It looks like a 1/2" breaker bar being used either as a shifter or hanging from the rear view mirror :wtc:

If I ever get a car with a big loving front overhang, I am sooo painting a WW2 shark mouth on it now. :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
Not Craigslist, but still pretty funny. I used to work with the guy who's selling this. He was a good guy, just really naive. This is the worst sales pitch I've ever read. He hardly listed one good thing about the car. Also, the car is unregistered because it's unregisterable (cut springs, too dark tint). Also, one time he drove down the coast and one of the wheels fell off.

Click here for the full 721x940 image.