Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Inspector_71 posted:

Cease the Glassjaw hate or I will be forced to do something drastic :mad:

Inspector_71 and I will have to set things right and you don't want us to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Megiddo posted:

I'm not sure I can condone the listening to of Glassjaw and Shai Hulud, but in no particular order, here are some good emo bands: Native Nod, Indian Summer, La Quiete, Raein, Anomie, Off Minor, Orchid, Mohinder, Saetia, Mihai Edrisch, The Hareste, Eulcid, Joshua Fit for Battle, Pg. 99, Neil Perry, Kontrapunkt, Swing Kids, Shotmaker, Maximilian Colby, Universal Order of Armageddon, Portraits of Past, Moss Icon, Rites of Spring, Embrace, mid-80s Dag Nasty, and if you want to consider Stop It!! and The Van Pelt (ex-Native Nod) emo, them, too.

Still Life! Everyone always leaves out Still Life! and Current is really good also.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

walkingistillhonest posted:

Does anyone know what Mike from Violent Society/The Vote is doing these days? We played with The Vote a bunch a few years back and I still love their two full lengths. I hope he's still making music.

I hope so I haven't seen him in like 6 years. He was the nicest loving guy on Earth, too.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Parachute Underwear posted:

For emo, I'm a total fag for Funeral Diner, Who Calls so Loud, Daitro, Amanda Woodward, Circle Takes the Square, etc. If you like any of those, I can name a few more later.

I love Circle Takes the Square. Saw them with Thursday about a year ago.

Also, I'm really enjoying both sides of the Thursday/Envy split.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

Edit- Nevermind we got poo poo worked out. If anyone knows where we could crash or maybe even a lawn or something where we could set up a tent that would be pretty swell.

Bohemian Stairbird fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 5, 2008

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Corbet posted:

Hey guys, I'm always looking to check out new hardcore bands so I was wondering what's popular right now.

I really like Envy, Converge, Shai Hulud, Glassjaw, Hot Cross, International Superheroes of Hardcore and I really like United Nations.

It would be nice if the OP could provide a "10 influential/popular hardcore bands", "10 influential/popular emo bands" lists but that's probably too much work.
There's a lot of different waves of emo and hardcore. As far as emo goes, my favorite earlier emo bands would be Navio Forge, Embrace, Samiam, Shotmaker, Kerosene 454, The Hated and Three Shades of Dirty, my favorite screamo bands would be Jerome's Dream, CTtS, Kaospilot, Orchid, Guyver-One and Union of Uranus, and my favorite more modern emo bands would be City of Caterpillar, Daitro, Envy, Off Minor, Ampere, The Kidcrash, and Funeral Diner.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all
New hosed Up leaked....waiting for everything to be complete before listening :rock:

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
So i just found out that the Mummies are reuniting for a one time only reunion show. IN loving SPAIN. WHAT THE gently caress? God dammit.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

RunTo TheHills posted:

So i just found out that the Mummies are reuniting for a one time only reunion show. IN loving SPAIN. WHAT THE gently caress? God dammit.

That's crazy. I wonder what tempted them to play in Spain of all places...

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

acup posted:

That's crazy. I wonder what tempted them to play in Spain of all places...

I somehow think this is probably a hoax, much like all of the Mummies reunions.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

EvilRobot posted:

I somehow think this is probably a hoax, much like all of the Mummies reunions.

Nope, they played a surprise show in june (from which there are pictures) and announced that it was a warm up for their one time only reunion show in spain. it's at some big music festival with King Khan. It seems legit. :(

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
King Khan and the Mummies would be awesome

RaoulDuke
May 6, 2007

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.
I have tickets to Against Me!/ted leo/future of the left next weekend. Anyone been to any AM shows lately that has any idea what they're setlist could be like. I feel like if I could pick the songs they played (ie all of Reinventing Axl Rose, early ep's) it would be a loving awesome concert, but it could be potentially only ok if they play new wave/former clarity songs instead of 35%/Baby I'm an anarchist stuff.

Also the day after is Ben Nichols from lucero, tim barry from avail, and chuck ragan from hot water music playing an acoustic set. :rock:

RaoulDuke fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 6, 2008

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

RaoulDuke posted:

I have tickets to Against Me!/ted leo/future of the left next weekend. Anyone been to any AM shows lately that has any idea what they're setlist could be like. I feel like if I could pick the songs they played (ie all of Reinventing Axl Rose, early ep's) it would be a loving awesome concert, but it could be potentially only ok if they play new wave/former clarity songs instead of 35%/Baby I'm an anarchist stuff.

Also the day after is Ben Nichols from lucero, tim barry from avail, and chuck ragan from hot water music playing an acoustic set. :rock:

Get real close to the stage and repeatedly demand that they play I Am Citizen and see if they get angry.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Get real close to the stage and repeatedly demand that they play I Am Citizen and see if they get angry.

That, or Burn. They hate Burn.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

RunTo TheHills posted:

Nope, they played a surprise show in june (from which there are pictures) and announced that it was a warm up for their one time only reunion show in spain. it's at some big music festival with King Khan. It seems legit. :(

If I buy plane tickets to Spain and this is a hoax I will have your head mounted on a Farfisa.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

EvilRobot posted:

If I buy plane tickets to Spain and this is a hoax I will have your head mounted on a Farfisa.

http://www.funtasticdraculacarnival.com/

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Currently on a 7 Seconds binge, all is good with the world.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I bought my fest today. Have Heart is coming here the 24th I believe, pretty stoked about that. And I just got a job at the Club Downunder so maybe I'll have some influence on some bands we choose to bring.

Rabid Koala
Aug 18, 2003

Where did the Gaslight Anthem come from? I just caught wind of this band a couple of months ago, and The '59 Sound is slowly becoming my favorite album. A lot of people compare them to Social Distortion and The Boss, and I can totally hear both influences. This band is awesome, and their music is ridiculously accessible.

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!
Obviously, you're all going to see the Atom and His Package reunion, but please, go and see Mose Giganticus, and another band, the Emotron. They are my friends' bands, and they're both absolutely crazy synth punk bands (the Emotron lights his weiner on fire at the end of every show).

They just did a tour to Alaska and back purely on waste vegetable oil and they need your support!

Thanks guys. Tell them Jeff in Ohio said Hi!

http://www.myspace.com/mosegiganticus
http://www.myspace.com/theemotron

dudstur
Jun 24, 2008
Midwest thrash bash this weekend, cannot wait to see vitamin X and the ergs.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

dudstur posted:

Midwest thrash bash this weekend, cannot wait to see vitamin X and the ergs.

Going to this as well! Hopefully I'll be able to bring my distro along, I'm so goddamn broke.

dudstur
Jun 24, 2008

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Going to this as well! Hopefully I'll be able to bring my distro along, I'm so goddamn broke.

do what you gotta do, where are you coming from?

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Make sure to boo constantly during the Think Fast set. and then request Phoenix Is Neat! Just kidding, I hope you guys enjoy them. I am friends with all those dudes.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So wait, if you're seeing Ted Leo and Against Me! tomorrow in Boston, raise your hand.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Sound Idea store/distro RIP. poo poo's getting grim...

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Sweet, the Dead Milkmen are playing a show in Philly the 26th. Even though they're all old and poo poo now it should still be cool to see em.

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

Has anyone here seen Off With Their Heads live? How are they?

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Whilst farting I posted:

Awesome. They do have a tendency to want to piss off fans in places that they aren't already known though, so be prepared for that. They're super nice guys, just a bit awkward. They do, however, tear poo poo down when they play, and it rules.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
Comeback Kid, Misery Signals, Bane, Shai Hulud, Outbreak and Grave Maker show in 2 days. I'm so loving stoked it's insane. And 3 weeks later acacia strain are playing in a tiny rear end venue.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Tomorrow:

quote:

Thu 10/16
The Bronx, Doomriders, Clouds, Noble Rot, She Rides – 18+ $12

gently caress yes.

Smoked Salmon
Aug 22, 2003

do not fear
A college organization I am in is running a hardcore show in late November, but we're having trouble finding bands that'll play. We're paying fairly well and have decent equipment and always good numbers at our shows. And we're in New Jersey for pete's sake--it shouldn't be this hard to find bands! A major problem that I think is occuring is that the show's set to be on a thursday night--would moving it to friday or saturday help things?

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Smoked Salmon posted:

A college organization I am in is running a hardcore show in late November, but we're having trouble finding bands that'll play. We're paying fairly well and have decent equipment and always good numbers at our shows. And we're in New Jersey for pete's sake--it shouldn't be this hard to find bands! A major problem that I think is occuring is that the show's set to be on a thursday night--would moving it to friday or saturday help things?

probably wouldn't hurt to ask, you know, the bands and see what they want to do

Steve Beans
Jan 3, 2004

Whilst farting I posted:

The one time I saw them, Ryan was drunk as poo poo since it was his birthday, and they were kind of a mess. They're one of my favorite bands, though, and it was still pretty fun.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Smoked Salmon posted:

If you can get Tear It Up to do a reunion show i will fly from arizona to attend this "college organization"

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Smoked Salmon posted:

Where in Jersey/what college?

Also, is it strictly hardcore? If not I may know a band or two that might be interested.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Doctor Claw posted:

Obviously, you're all going to see the Atom and His Package reunion, but please, go and see Mose Giganticus, and another band, the Emotron. They are my friends' bands, and they're both absolutely crazy synth punk bands (the Emotron lights his weiner on fire at the end of every show).

They just did a tour to Alaska and back purely on waste vegetable oil and they need your support!

Thanks guys. Tell them Jeff in Ohio said Hi!

http://www.myspace.com/mosegiganticus
http://www.myspace.com/theemotron

Wait, what, Atom reunion? Why the gently caress didn't I know about this? Why don't I have enough money to go to Florida? Bastards. Bastards. Bastards.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Vitamin X and Product of Waste today.

Going to be so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmanatee
Jun 22, 2006

Positive outlook

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Sweet, the Dead Milkmen are playing a show in Philly the 26th. Even though they're all old and poo poo now it should still be cool to see em.

Joe Jack still plays local shows though, and does a drat good job of it too. Expect good things maybe!