Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Yeast posted:

Too many goons live in caves.

That's a ridiculously high-resolution monitor. I don't think I could use that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ridge
Feb 22, 2004
it's a tarp

Combat Pretzel posted:

A little late, but here's my desk with actually some stuff on it. These are 22" screens.

What kind of desk is this? Where'd you get it?

Dr. Fred
Jun 14, 2000

Ridge posted:

Wow. Those look exactly like the desk I got for my girlfriend:

http://www.officedepot.fr/catalog/catalogSku.do?id=362108&XREF1=IAFR804999TD001

(I bought it from these guys, though, not Office Depot.)

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Ridge posted:

Some german furniture store right after the border from here. That store's reselling stuff from suppliers, so you might come across it in various other stores, too.

Dr. Fred posted:

Wow. Those look exactly like the desk I got for my girlfriend:
Yeah, this looks like the same one. My set's actually two desks, one 120cm wide, one 150cm connected together with a corner piece.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Yeast posted:

Too many goons live in caves.

Nice setup, which desk is that? speakers are Bose? How do like them?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Bonobos posted:

Nice setup, which desk is that? speakers are Bose? How do like them?

The Desk is an Ikea Vika Lauri
http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/10024717

The speakers are Bose Companion 3 II
http://www.bose.com.au/site/index.aspx?path=products&CTRL=PG&pfid=9&pgid=106

I love them, unlike other Bose units, there are crisp highs, really good bass (woofer under the table).

Dumpsterj
Jan 13, 2008
The internet is retarded.
Wow , i thought my poo poo was a mess. Then somehow , pictures made it seem even worse. Media pretty much takes up the whole living room !!! :) . Im getting ready to move if that makes it any better :/

apparently i have an easier time resizing images when im not drunk

Dumpsterj fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Oct 12, 2008

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Dumpsterj posted:

Wow , i thought my poo poo was a mess. Then somehow , pictures made it seem even worse. Media pretty much takes up the whole living room !!! :) . Im getting ready to move if that makes it any better :/

https://wi.somethingawful.com/f3/f3aefd05c4ae8741c4c153d99af0536b0beb85dc.jpg

I have this desk. I bought it at Big Lots for fifty bucks. While spacious, it's getting to be too small, though, and I need to get a bigger one.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Dumpsterj posted:

I'm not trying to be a dick here because the house I live in with my college mates looks precisely like this. Those images are pretty much goonroom.jpg. Utilitarian furniture above all. Mess of video game systems with Guitar Hero in the background. SA background image with dual monitors. You're living the dream my friend.

Though, I do appreciate the lack of rotting food items in the mess. That's something my house can't get right sometimes.

P. Don't
Sep 22, 2003
A dooooom house?

*Bowl o' goodies currently consists of: iPod 30GB video, HTC Tilt cellphone, Motorola radio handset/phone for work, USB multi-card reader. It basically just makes it easy to toss all my gadgets in there for charging, and have all their cords in the same place.

The desktop and lifebook are both controlled by the same mouse and keyboard, using a little app called Synergy. I can also control my Tilt with my mouse and keyboard with an app called MyMobiler. So technically I have 4 screens linked.

P. Don't fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 12, 2008

Local Yokel
Mar 16, 2005

If the moonshine don't kill me, I'll live 'till I die.

Laptops are usually scattered through the house, freeing up more desktop space.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Local Yokel posted:

Laptops are usually scattered through the house, freeing up more desktop space.
Three or four macs? I can't tell if that's a MacBook stacked on top of a MacBook or not.

Local Yokel
Mar 16, 2005

If the moonshine don't kill me, I'll live 'till I die.

three posted:

Three or four macs? I can't tell if that's a MacBook stacked on top of a MacBook or not.

Four, though the closed laptop is only there to steal some power from my adapter, it's my wife's.
I can link to bigger image:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3046/2935097319_3e4859eb7b_b.jpg

Local Yokel fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 13, 2008

Dumpsterj
Jan 13, 2008

ErIog posted:

I'm not trying to be a dick here because the house I live in with my college mates looks precisely like this. Those images are pretty much goonroom.jpg. Utilitarian furniture above all. Mess of video game systems with Guitar Hero in the background. SA background image with dual monitors. You're living the dream my friend.

Though, I do appreciate the lack of rotting food items in the mess. That's something my house can't get right sometimes.

Yeah , altho i dont mind a little clutter , food is another story. Theres no bugs cuz theres nothing for them to eat lol. The alcohol and paper towell are leftover from the cpu swap i did the night before :) . Went from e2160 @ 3ghz to an e8500 @ 4ghz for my bday (the 4th) . The boxes are all from woot , yugster , etc. They are now filled with cords, discs, and assorted other junk.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

In winter [when the leaves fall off] you can see the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
So many Macs. It's horrifying. I think goons make up Apples marketshare all on their own. :3:

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

c0burn posted:

So many Macs. It's horrifying. I think goons make up Apples marketshare all on their own. :3:

I use a PC but why is it horrifying? It's up to people what computer they want to use and Mac's do look better for screenshot threads like this.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Phillyt posted:

I use a PC but why is it horrifying? It's up to people what computer they want to use and Mac's do look better for screenshot threads like this.

I'm just teasing. They are pretty.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

c0burn posted:

I'm just teasing. They are pretty.

Trouble is, there's nothing pretty left to buy now (my iPod and Sony DR-BT50 bluetooth headphones aren't in the shot).

I'm open to suggestions though.

Actually, considering grabbing new and wireless mouse - do they work properly yet? The VX Nano Cordless Laser Mouse I bought for my girlfriend has all sorts of lag. Would there be any worthwhile wireless alternative/upgrade from the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 I'm currently using?

KingEup fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Oct 13, 2008

Iostcause
May 26, 2001

I'M DANCING! I'M DANCING!
I'm—just—I'm a naked whore.

Dumpsterj posted:

So do you have some kind of OCD where you can't ever throw a box away? Goddamn. :v:

Dumpsterj
Jan 13, 2008

Iostcause posted:

So do you have some kind of OCD where you can't ever throw a box away? Goddamn. :v:

ya know i might !!! in my hallway closet is the boxes from every component of my last build , any kind of boxes i can put the part back in for resale , i keep too. I guess it is kinda compulsive. Boxes are one of those few things that are given away for free all the time but a PITA to come by if you need them in a hurry. I <3 BOXES

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Dumpsterj posted:

ya know i might !!! in my hallway closet is the boxes from every component of my last build , any kind of boxes i can put the part back in for resale , i keep too. I guess it is kinda compulsive. Boxes are one of those few things that are given away for free all the time but a PITA to come by if you need them in a hurry. I <3 BOXES

This is not normal.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I keep boxes for expensive stuff in my loft in case I need to move it around, but that's only because I have room to keep them.

Z
Jun 25, 2002

General announcement: :rock: I got an Aeron for $200 off of Craigslist :rock:

The gas cylinder bearing was broken, and it had been sitting on someone's porch for about three weeks, so it was covered in a light film of dirt. And a small spider had taken up residence in one of the wheels. But an evening cleaning it up and a $19 part, and it's as good as new. This was the result of emailing everyone who posted an Aeron on Craigslist for under $300 for about three months. Usually I'd email them within 30-40 minutes of posting, and be told that it was already gone.

But not this time, sumbitches :dance:

So imagine the picture of my desk I posted before, but with an Aeron in front of it.

Dumpsterj
Jan 13, 2008

Bucket Joneses posted:

This is not normal.

still 90% percentile goon tho :)

ATLbeer
Sep 26, 2004
Über nerd

c0burn posted:

It's humorous to compare the Mac Goon desktops vs. the PC goon desktops

You start to see a pattern

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

ATLbeer posted:

I think my PC setup is pretty nice. I'll get a picture up in the next two or three days. Don't have camera right now. I am ridiculously clean and organized though and I try to color match and hide wires.

WeakLad
Aug 30, 2008

ATLbeer posted:

yeah, because only dirty, uncouthed, philistines use PCs right?

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

WeakLad posted:

yeah, because only dirty, uncouthed, philistines use PCs right?

Hit it right on the head.

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

My setups:

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Keep having to redo it due to going back and fourth during semesters. Cain't do current due to lack of camera. :(

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

Our setup, a PC as well as a Mac. I am bucking the trend!

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales
This is mine:

Ideally, i would have a much longer desk, but my room, or wallet isn't big enough.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

jink posted:

a PC as well as a Mac. I am bucking the trend!

I have I think one of the top five lovely-assed rooms in this thread, and I've got some macs in the middle of my room set up for that repeating backgrounds thread, I've just been lazy.... I've got a Performa 6400/200 and an Apple IIci set up on boxes in the middle of my floor. Have to step over them to get to my bed from the door.

How's that for pathetic bucking the trend?

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion

The set up at my old house. drat I miss that desk.

Dotcom Jillionaire fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 18, 2008

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

tehschulman posted:

The set up at my old house. drat I miss that desk.

The picture is very small.

iceslice
May 20, 2005

Mr.Wiggles posted:

If living like poo poo is having your cords all over the floor, what is duct taping them to the wall?

Daft Frik
Jan 26, 2004

Where mah boy at?!

iceslice posted:

If living like poo poo is having your cords all over the floor, what is duct taping them to the wall?

I'm not sure. However, between that and cooling yourself with case fans, I must say: I'm impressed.

My desk is characterised by books (for college work) and booze (for college work):

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

iceslice posted:

I did this with my old setup. Some of us get by with what we have. :colbert:

FireSlash
Oct 19, 2008
My setups.

The black gaming rig doesn't see much use these days. I'm thinking about gutting it and moving the RAID array over to the mac... I just can't quite give it up yet.

The HTPC does BR. A month later I bought the PS3 for MGS. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

glompix posted:

I did this with my old setup. Some of us get by with what we have. :colbert:

Exactly. There's nothing else i could have done.